Anthro Shark Race (Female Pictures Included :D) [REQ]

VinnyNotris

Back fins and tail for priority, yes. as for arm-fins, Perhaps flowing-back fins on the lower-arm? Unsure if they would work on the leg. To prevent conflicts, may make them equippable (ring slot?) But this is likely way ahead of things. This is going to be such a fun race! Thank you for starting it all, Vinny!

It seems you're really dedicated. That's good  :)

Can't help but like that.

Agreed. far too many people start a project of some sort or another, then either get bored, or just give up and never appear again. I've always found that rather selfish...if you MUST give up on a project, at least release all the work and source you have so far done so someone else can carry it on, rather than have it die off.

Interesting I love sharks myself and  slightly wondering where those pics on the first page  came from . I  will admit This will be the first anthro race i would even consider using Khajiit and Argonians never really appealed to  me. I am a beginning  modder myself  in the CK and i am trying to make followers myself and all. This   has inspired me to double my effforts on learning how to make  stuff in the CK.

If this Race will look like on the first page, it will be the only one I use))) But as far as I can see on her back should be fin. I wonder whether it will be only a special body or are you going to add bones to the skeleton, which are responsible for the fin as a separate part? Just looking if I can use my own body to the new race.

All I have to say about fins is that to make things easier, they should be "appended", much like any nude male body has appended schlong. This will make things faster, more compatible with clothing and stuff. and I wouldn't add a super big fin anyway, unless you want it to slip through armor and clothing intentionally. Smaller fins would make it possible to hide them below clothing.

I'm not sure anyone is going to like my idea, but you guys could draw some inspiration from the fishmen/triton/mermaids from One Piece.

Slipping   through clothing  and armor  would be kinda  cool   it would be  like   sorta how the  khajiit  have   holes  for thier tails in armor   and all.  ( i know  they dont  but it looks like it?) It would  give  a sense of  realism. I mean Clipping  yeah would be  a  slight issue ( but me  personally i dont care about  clipping if  i get to see a  shark fin on my back I would be like the dermadenticles of  the  skin really did  a number on the armor there.)

I do have a  question since we want it CBBE will it  be  TBBP compatiable  as  well...Cause i just made all my CBBE bodies have  TBBP. so just curious doesnt matter to me  either way just  throwing it out there.

@romeman:

Not sure what models are you doing, but in my spare time from the other project I'm doing, I already have pretty much the head/TRI's ready, just need some tweaks in the eyes and maybe in some teeth, and smooth out some of the morph targets that went bad. (the mouth when closed, gets cute, the 4 top upper teeth overbites the jaw, I could correct it, but I actually like it that way)

jaws.jpg?token_hash=AAFqruOhySdHiqCgcbw5

So if you guys want me to carry on with this, just say so, if not, I'll just keep doing it to myself anyway

Well that's fancy....guess it depends on how what romeman is using to make the rest of the model. May I make a suggestion? try and place it so that the shark's eyes are in the same place as Argonian eyes, so mods that add beast-compatable headgear (like the dwemer goggles) will work with this lovely one as well? Again, this is entirely up to you, I'm just an idea/suggestion tosser.

@romeman:

Not sure what models are you doing, but in my spare time from the other project I'm doing, I already have pretty much the head/TRI's ready, just need some tweaks in the eyes and maybe in some teeth, and smooth out some of the morph targets that went bad. (the mouth when closed, gets cute, the 4 top upper teeth overbites the jaw, I could correct it, but I actually like it that way)

jaws.jpg?token_hash=AAFqruOhySdHiqCgcbw5

So if you guys want me to carry on with this, just say so, if not, I'll just keep doing it to myself anyway

Kind of reminds me of the old Jaws movie posters, but anyway what program did you use? Blender, 3dmax or what?

Kind of reminds me of the old Jaws movie posters, but anyway what program did you use? Blender, 3dmax or what?

That was the idea, the file is called jaws,jpg ;) Used zBrush

More headshots:

sharkheadshots.jpg?token_hash=AAHEM2suyE

I'm not worried about the fin, because I'll only do it when I have the TRI's done. Besides the fin could be added as a headpart instead of doing as a morph target. Also, to add some more variety, I was planning on doing some catfish whiskers (kinda like hair parts), since catfishes and sharks share some morphological resemblance.

I've also took a better look at the inherited morphs from the argonian, some are fine, some only need some minor smoothing, some will require quite some work to get corrected. I'd like to remember, that this is just a "hobby" project for me though, so dont expect me to finish this very soon.

Archived