dragongodmod117 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 9 hours ago, Niadrion said: if I may ask did that fix it? It ends up being more of a work around. I disabled the hotkey in Sexlab for changing animation, and then in Sexlab Tools I made sure it was the hotkey I was originally using in Sexlab. 1
XME2233 Posted September 8 Posted September 8 On 8/6/2026 at 5:03 PM, Kalafax said: Just found a fix for this issue myself. Spent a week trying to fix this, hopefully this helps someone else avoid that. In my system this happens when Sexlab, SexlabUtility+ and Devious Devices NG are all enabled at the same time. If either DD NG or SLU+ are disabled sexlab's mcm loads properly. Things it could be according to what I've found on the internet: There isn't really an issue: I saw a number of posts saying that all they had to do is wait a couple extra minutes in the character creation menu (RaceMenu) when starting a new game and the mcm would load just fine. If you're really lucky just wait a little bit longer before finalizing your character. Suggestions ranged from 2-10 minutes. I tried waiting up to 30 minutes with no luck. The MCM is getting stuck and just needs a kick: Some said to try installing menu maid 2. I tried both menu maid 2 and MCM Unlocked and neither worked for me. Load Order Issue/Conflict: Easiest way to determine this is to remove everything but just sexlab, slu+, devious devices NG and their requirements. If it loads properly with just these mods then there's probably a conflict or load order issue in your modlist. Enable mods in batches until the mcm stops loading again to find the culprit(s), then adjust load order. Also enabling an alternate start mod can help speed up testing. If it still happens with just these mods are enabled it could still be a conflict. Make sure that you've installed the correct version of each mod and their requirements for your Skyrim version. Proton Conflict (Linux): If it's not a load order issue or mod conflict and you're on linux, I've seen a couple posts say that switching proton versions fixed it for them. I do not know what version they switched to or what version they were on previously. I tried 9.0-4, 10.0-4, 11.0 and experimental with no luck. Last Ditch: Something is holding up the mcm loading process for sexlab related to these three mods, but I have no clue what. If none of the other solutions work try enabling `bSpeedUpNativeCalls` in PapyrusTweaks.ini. This decouples some papyrus functions from the framerate to improve performance, but may have side effects as a result. No clue what those could be though, you'll have to review the option in Papyrus Tweaks and assess the risk yourself. It's possible this is just hiding the issue and isn't really fixing it but it's the only solution I found that worked for me. It might be possible to enable it when starting a new game then disable it once everything is configured but I don't know how safe that is. It was just something suggested in the other posts I found. Place this tool's ESP in the bottom-most SL framework slot so that it is not overridden by the framework.
helpmeimhorny Posted September 16 Posted September 16 Just so yall are aware! after most recent skyrim update it's not working, may need an update
深淵の神 Posted September 16 Posted September 16 2 hours ago, helpmeimhorny said: Just so yall are aware! after most recent skyrim update it's not working, may need an update 3
Talesien Posted September 17 Posted September 17 5 minutes ago, 深淵の神 said: Would help if you mentioned which of the ~15 mods covered here you are referring too. I assume SLU+, that has no dll (like all other mods covered by this thread), so it's unlikely to be directly affected. More likely something else hasn't updated or is malfunctioning. At any rate, Osmel is pretty much out of the picture currently, so I wouldn't hold my breath for an update. 1
深淵の神 Posted September 17 Posted September 17 2 hours ago, Talesien said: which of the ~15 mods covered here you are referring too. I assume SLU+, that has no dll (like all other mods covered by this thread), so it's unlikely to be directly affected. More likely something else hasn't updated or is malfunctioning. Yup pretty much 1
PhileasNietzsche Posted Thursday at 02:01 AM Posted Thursday at 02:01 AM (edited) Hello, all. I followed the instructions to install SLU+ and have been successfully operating with all of its prerequisites. I received a SexLab error upon loading my saved game, but dismissed it with the assumption that cleaning the config would resolve it. I WAS using SL 1.66d, but I seem to have rolled back to 1.66b now. I'm wondering if this is a problem and, if so, if resolving it would be as simple as following the SLU+ uninstallation steps and reinstalling SL 1.66d (or if I might need to do something completely different). Whether you can assist or not, I'm glad you took the time to read and I'm happy to provide any other information that might be helpful/necessary. Edit: I'm using v1.7.104, so I selected the AE option in the FOMOD; should I have selected the SE version instead? Edit: I deleted all the SL files that were in my MO2 Overwrites directory after the previous clean and decided to try reinstalling SLU+ with the SE option instead; now, upon loading my game, I'm receiving a PapyrusUtil version error and a Frostfall error I've never seen. Edited Thursday at 02:25 AM by PhileasNietzsche
Talesien Posted Thursday at 02:20 AM Posted Thursday at 02:20 AM 15 minutes ago, PhileasNietzsche said: Hello, all. I followed the instructions to install SLU+ and have been successfully operating with all of its prerequisites. I received a SexLab error upon loading my saved game, but dismissed it with the assumption that cleaning the config would resolve it. I WAS using SL 1.66d, but I seem to have rolled back to 1.66b now. I'm wondering if this is a problem and, if so, if resolving it would be as simple as following the SLU+ uninstallation steps and reinstalling SL 1.66d (or if I might need to do something completely different). Whether you can assist or not, I'm glad you took the time to read and I'm happy to provide any other information that might be helpful/necessary. It's most likely just the scripts that make SexLab think it's 1.66b, since the only difference between 1.66 versions is the dll, it should not matter. If SKSE tells you Sexlabs dll is outdated, that would be a serious problem and an indication of an actual role back, but I can't imagine how that should've happened unless you actually installed both versions.
PhileasNietzsche Posted Thursday at 02:26 AM Posted Thursday at 02:26 AM It is unfortunate that I decided to try something else instead of waiting for an answer. I'm glad you took the time and provided further knowledge, regardless.
PhileasNietzsche Posted Thursday at 02:34 AM Posted Thursday at 02:34 AM (edited) Also, I didn't get an SKSE message that the SL dll was outdated; the message after the clean was just "SexLab 1.66b is installed" and I thought, "but I have SL 1.66d. Weird." Edit: It looks like the PapyrusUtil error was due to the SLU+ position in the mod list; I tried to match it to where it was in the load order, but it needed to be above SL. Now, I'm showing 1.66d again, SL shows that all dependencies are OK and the bizarre Frostfall settings error appears to have resolved as well. Edit: After also choosing SE in the SLU+ FOMOD this time and running the clean operation, I noted no anomalies and all appears well. Talesien, again, I'm glad for your assistance. Edited Thursday at 02:58 AM by PhileasNietzsche
Talesien Posted Thursday at 02:56 AM Posted Thursday at 02:56 AM 20 minutes ago, PhileasNietzsche said: Also, I didn't get an SKSE message that the SL dll was outdated; the message after the clean was just "SexLab 1.66b is installed" and I thought, "but I have SL 1.66d. Weird." Edit: It looks like the PapyrusUtil error was due to the SLU+ position in the mod list; I tried to match it to where it was in the load order, but it needed to be above SL. Now, I'm showing 1.66d again, SL shows that all dependencies are OK and the bizarre Frostfall settings error appears to have resolved as well. Might impede SLU+ though, not sure on the version of those scripts that come with SL these days, but it was the case that those from SLU+ had additional functionality, if that's still the case, SLU+ might not work as expected in your current configuation.
PippinTom Posted Thursday at 03:04 AM Posted Thursday at 03:04 AM 3 minutes ago, Talesien said: not sure on the version of those scripts that come with SL these days AFAIR - Problem is that SE 1.5.97 version of SLU+ comes with not only scripts but also with a papyrus DLL, so if one selects SE/1.5.97 version during SLU+ setup while having latest SSE/SL installed - it will effectively downgrade SL env to pre AE times, hence seeing message saying something about 1.66b may be a clue that it is what actually happened.
PhileasNietzsche Posted Thursday at 03:05 AM Posted Thursday at 03:05 AM Right now, though, it seems like the safer option, right? Since I'm getting errors warning me to exit the game immediately for outdated PapyrusUtil scripts (causing SL to report that my PapyrusUtil version is 3.9, even though it's 4.8) and a lack of permissions to SKSE settings (the Frostfall error that fired before) when I had SLU+ further down in the mod list?
PhileasNietzsche Posted Thursday at 03:07 AM Posted Thursday at 03:07 AM (edited) 3 minutes ago, PippinTom said: AFAIR - Problem is that SE 1.5.97 version of SLU+ comes with not only scripts but also with a papyrus DLL, so if one selects SE/1.5.97 version during SLU+ setup while having latest SSE/SL installed - it will effectively downgrade SL env to pre AE times, hence seeing message saying something about 1.66b may be a clue that it is what actually happened. To clarify, the FOMOD defaulted to SE, but I chose AE, since I'm using 1.7.104. After reinstalling it with the SE option and putting it above SL in the mod list order (left pane of MO2), all errors appear to have resolved, to include SexLab showing v1.66d AE installed again, as expected. Edited Thursday at 03:08 AM by PhileasNietzsche
Talesien Posted Thursday at 03:19 AM Posted Thursday at 03:19 AM 7 minutes ago, PhileasNietzsche said: To clarify, the FOMOD defaulted to SE, but I chose AE, since I'm using 1.7.104. After reinstalling it with the SE option and putting it above SL in the mod list order (left pane of MO2), all errors appear to have resolved, to include SexLab showing v1.66d AE installed again, as expected. That is because SKSE silently disabled the dll (it shows an error only for 1.6x versions) and all scripts are also overwritten. Either install the AE version, place it below SL and accept that it shows a different version (which does not matter) or remove SLU+ from your LO. What you at best simple neutered SLU+, at worst may lead to serious problems down the road.
PhileasNietzsche Posted Thursday at 03:34 AM Posted Thursday at 03:34 AM (edited) I moved SLU+ below SexLab, but kept it above PapyrusUtil. I reinstalled it with the AE option this time. Upon loading my game, I received this message "SEXLAB ERROR: Unsupported version rollback detected (16603->16601) Proceed at your own risk!" I can't help feeling like that's something I shouldn't ignore, but I'll trust you if you're confident. Edit: I get that the version numbers indicate it's only rolling back to 1.66b; "Proceed at your own risk" just never inspires confidence (in myself, at least) about the path ahead. Edited Thursday at 03:50 AM by PhileasNietzsche
Talesien Posted Thursday at 11:30 AM Posted Thursday at 11:30 AM 7 hours ago, PhileasNietzsche said: I moved SLU+ below SexLab, but kept it above PapyrusUtil. I reinstalled it with the AE option this time. Upon loading my game, I received this message "SEXLAB ERROR: Unsupported version rollback detected (16603->16601) Proceed at your own risk!" I can't help feeling like that's something I shouldn't ignore, but I'll trust you if you're confident. Edit: I get that the version numbers indicate it's only rolling back to 1.66b; "Proceed at your own risk" just never inspires confidence (in myself, at least) about the path ahead. In all honesty? Given the state of things. I think the best path for you would be to roll back to 1.6.1170 and lock your manifest till spring at least. Experimenting with 1.7.x is for those who know what they do or don't care, it's not for people who like to play it safe. 2
PhileasNietzsche Posted Thursday at 09:47 PM Posted Thursday at 09:47 PM I acknowledge that you provide wisdom, but call me "Johnny Dangerously" (even if I'm more like his lawyer little brother). I am sincerely grateful that you walk the Earth and our paths crossed, Talesien.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now