Why I removed Captured Dreams and my other mods..

Yes, I am rebuilding a game and am checking out my favorite mods for new versions. I have been fighting updating DD since v4 gave me so many headaches when it dropped. I am still not sure, I still have copies of the older stuff to keep me going. I believe in this instance your wish is not to share your mod with the desperately seeking (Or do you request/require that I delete any versions in my possession for my own use?)? I am a bit bruised by your decision to discontinue working on it but I believe I understand. I know I have enjoyed using your mod in several profiles. I have been abusing Skyrim for a long long time. You can set it up into almost any game you want because of the mods, yours included. Thank you for the enjoyment you have shared with the unwashed and unworthy mod addicted messes like me. You do you. I am good with that.

I have read more of your words so I again comment. An opinion, you stated "...it kept you going...". That sounds to me as if diversion is needed, or a change in focus. Mod Fallout. Mod Skyrim. Work on something of your choice. If the reward cycle doesn't kick in some positive perspective or the work does not distract change focus again. Until you are doing something you feel rewarded by. YOU, not any one else. You can serve others your entire life and feel unrewarded. The reward has to come from you. The direction...you. Just my thoughts. Recently beaten by life myself. I keep getting up. Eventually I will not be able but until that day, I am getting up. Good luck fellow traveler. Know that your work is appreciated and you are appreciated as well. Reward your self.

I am reinstalling skyrim and just found this out. I have been a long time user of your mods and just wanted to let you know I appreciate all of the work you put in to them, I still remember waiting for V3 of Captured Dreams to launch and how excited I was when it did and again when V4 was approaching. I am really hope things turn around for you somehow. I cant tell you how much enjoyment your work has brought me and how much I appreciate them.

But why would you remove it? Just leave it up and let people take responsibility for themselves? I realize the mod may never be the finished product you had envisioned, for various reasons, but it was still a good mod that worked. You don't want random people taking control of it, ok, then leave it up closed permissions or whatever it is modders call it when they don't want people editing it themselves.  No offense, but you are overthinking this.

Captured Dreams is an amazing piece of work, the atmosphere of the 'Just a Property Slave' start is powerful.

Mental health is so important and if doing this is an issue then you are absolutely right to put it aside. Many here no doubt hope you can pick it up again but regardless, we are grateful for your work and wish you the best of health. 

On 8/26/2019 at 4:11 AM, Veladarius said:

Just updating the items is a huge undertaking as there are well over 100 devices (closer to 200 I think) that need rescripted (quest items need the scripts tweaked, standard items need the new scripts added and both will need the properties filled), Manor Slave needs rebuilt. I have much of it done except the hardest part, the mechanics and dialogue that run the quest (rebuilt 5 different times since the last update, kept running into issues). Customer Assist 02 needs the core rebuilt as does Chaste Spouse (can share the same basic mechanics though). Parts of Property Slave need tweaked to work better. Elisif quest needs some work to ensure that it advances properly. The encounters with Ariasha and Rayani need rebuilt and expanded. The two new quests in Manor Slave need linked into it. Other quests needs tweaks and such done here and there. There are other issues that can't be fixed because they are caused by how Skyrim works, I have done all I can to mitigate the issues but they can still happen (force greet issue is the major one).

Most modders that are proficient with DD, building advanced dialogue, scenes and AI packages and can do major scripting generally already have their own projects they are working on. Also, this project is rather personal to me so I won't just hand it over and let them do what they want, things need to be how I want them to (how they are scripted and such are not an issue but how the quests flow and the dialogue and such has be the way I want it).

thanks for the reply, hope it gets better/easier for you in future! I wish you luck m8.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a lot of issues with CD and its crashing or failing to function at times. But when it worked it was really fun. Sorry to see it has ceased development and is no longer available. I've still got the archives, but, I shall respect your wishes for it not to be altered as the project had personal meaning to you.

I do suspect though, that there will be bits and pieces of it coming back, or that someone will try and emulate it at some point due to the impact it made. Which can be either a good or bad thing.

Regardless, my best wishes to you and I silently hope at some point you find the drive to continue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found my way here after starting a reinstall. I was incredibly bummed out that you had taken the files down. In a way it seems the fruits of your depression have caused a spat of depression across the LL community. Poor guy requesting the cock cages mod back has figuratively had his cock put into a cage without the requested mod....

I sincerely hope you recover from your depression. Different levels of depression are fixed with varying degrees of time and effort. I was lucky that in my case a simple windows search turned up a backed-up download folder that had what i wanted, in multiple versions across a span of years.

Fear not, no amount of PMs and begging will diminish my resolve not to share said files, by your request.

4 hours ago, dabonzors22 said:

I found my way here after starting a reinstall. I was incredibly bummed out that you had taken the files down. In a way it seems the fruits of your depression have caused a spat of depression across the LL community. Poor guy requesting the cock cages mod back has figuratively had his cock put into a cage without the requested mod....

I sincerely hope you recover from your depression. Different levels of depression are fixed with varying degrees of time and effort. I was lucky that in my case a simple windows search turned up a backed-up download folder that had what i wanted, in multiple versions across a span of years.

Fear not, no amount of PMs and begging will diminish my resolve not to share said files, by your request.

Good news:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/132224-recaptured-dreams-starting-development/

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, enderstorm said:

When I click on that, it gives me an error page :/

Veladarius was working on a new version of Captured Dreams, redoing the mod completely, if I remember correctly. That was begun after this topic had been posted. Sadly, it looks like the ReCaptured Dreams topic has now been removed or hidden, suggesting it's no longer happening, or has at least been put on hold. I also put a link to it on this page, which now says we "do not have permission to see it."

Hopefully Veladarius is ok.

I will probably sound either insensitive or stupid, not a far cry from reality considering my non-existent knowledge about anything medical vaguely related. But I had a long time friend that was struggling with a lot of mental problems for a couple years when I almost ironically, and I was both a dumb MF and insensitive asshole at the time, suggested him to try driving his dad car harder, since his dad's car was somewhat sporty, the next day he was asking me how to go faster, IDK what happened but as he became more and more of a adrenaline junkie and got better overtime. Again I'm far from someone with any passing knowledge about mental health. So I'm here just trying to help a total stranger on the internet. 

@Veladarius

I'm not gonna pretend that driving cars is what helped him, the adrenaline thing is what he told me that his doctor told him. But the news is that he got progressively better, still talking to him, he now skydives with some frequency and has a better life, he told that he is almost a 1 month without medication now, the car stupid joke was 5 years ago. Probably also the fact that he regularly exercises also helps. He never won against me in a track though.

So try some adrenaline. If leaving your house is too much of a trigger for you, I would recommend a Wheel, a good one can give you a lot of the feeling with a good sim could give you real adrenaline. This definitely won't be the solution of your problems, but if it can kickstart you again I reckon all of LL would be happy for you, and don't worry about your mods, we loved them, but you getting better is a way bigger news than any of this mods getting updated. Anyhow my best regards and prayers

A complete stranger on the internet.

What a shame.

I came much too late to this scene to ever experiance what your mods had  offer. And while my skyrim is allready aching under all the weight from the mods i allready have, i was looking for something new. Came to this mod mainly because a lot of my other mods have compatibility for captured dreams it seems, and now i am denied of ever playing it.

Hope you get well though, best of Luck

Since I be stupido. I said the thing about driving like a psycho and adrenaline and all, but I was forgetting another way to have a good shot while at home. Competitive games, or very hard games. I said about the racing sims cuz it os how I get a lot at home, but playing Overwatch also gets a lot for me. Anyway, regards, jsut trying to help

So disappointing. Well wishes to Veladarius, I struggle with severe clinical depression, so I know the fight is real. You're not alone.

I'll never understand why a mod author feels the need to disallow other people from using their mod. IMO, removing the mod was a selfish decision, Disappointing.

Any alternatives to CD? Not necessarily a remake, but something that scratches the same itch? CD became the keystone of my Sexlab installs back during the Oldrim days, and I honestly can't imagine playing without it. It brought a strange sense of life to the sexy tundra :)

A really dumb question from a relative SSE & LL newb:  Can someone give me a description of this Captured Dreams mod which is no longer available? :(   I started with SSE about three years ago and LL two years ago.  I frequently get the feeling that LL was in its prime about five years ago with Oldrim and that most mod authors have since moved on for various reasons.  (My sincerest best wishes to  Veladarius; I hope he finds a way to cope with his depression.  I get the feeling from reading some of his posts, that modding may have been a kind of therapy for him until he became frustrated with things not working properly.)

Anyhow, I was tracking mods requiring the Aroused mod and found out about Captured Dreams (the title and nothing else) and was just curious as to what this mod did?