HOW DO, HOW MAKE, HOW CAN! (Pending updates, waiting!)

15 minutes ago, another ghost account said:

So forgive me if I skimmed over this if it already exists, but how do I edit the AI pregnancy messages properly? Whenever I edit it, the edits don't show up ingame and only the default ones are said.

If this wasn't changed between 4.5.0 and the current (5.4 or something?), then it should be under:
> \dialog\sexbound\en\notifications.config
And you should see something like this;
image.png.b7d317805572738fd3db8b0f9d8bf8be.png

If this however, has changed, i wouldn't know... So, sorry about that. This topic needs to be updated aswell when i return from my hiatus. Gosh, so much to see, so much to do...

8 minutes ago, red3dred said:

If this wasn't changed between 4.5.0 and the current (5.4 or something?), then it should be under:
> \dialog\sexbound\en\notifications.config
And you should see something like this;
image.png.b7d317805572738fd3db8b0f9d8bf8be.png

If this however, has changed, i wouldn't know... So, sorry about that. This topic needs to be updated aswell when i return from my hiatus. Gosh, so much to see, so much to do...

Yeah, I got that. The part that has me stumped is the fact that editing or adding additional text to the messages has no effect ingame. Sorry to bug you.
Edit: Apparently editing the dialogue files doesn't do anything either. I thought I did everything correctly...

22 hours ago, another ghost account said:

Yeah, I got that. The part that has me stumped is the fact that editing or adding additional text to the messages has no effect ingame. Sorry to bug you.
Edit: Apparently editing the dialogue files doesn't do anything either. I thought I did everything correctly...

Oh yeah, should probably have accounted for things like the Extended Dialogue overwriting your changes there.

Forgot about it because we never meant to touch the notifications file, but one user wanted to fix a long-standing typo in there, and thus it was added. I think at this point it's safe to remove it.

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 2:35 AM, red3dred said:

Here we are again, its been a while, hasn't it? I sure kept you waiting, huh?

With the jokes out of the way, lets get to probably the most handy bit of information for non-modders: Config Fiddling.

I didn't make this obvious before, but i will make it now.
Do not edit the .pak file in notepad or noteblock. Do not edit them in general.

This corrupts the file and does not achieve anything. Download and edit the config files within the UNPAK version of Sexbound.

Well, its really simple, to be fair, it just suffers from the same issues of previous installments of messing with .config files; Any leftover or additional things where they shouldn't be will cause things to break.

So, lets start with configs; Sexbound's main Config.
image.png.ec36012731ff778e65bbdfb51c85613c.png

This file contains several defaults and settings for the mod to follow and handle errors or things that don't fit. Thanks to your truly Locuturus, most of the files are commented and explained to what does what and how to modify them.
image.png.9bca4c1906a72d75c096f630fcb7918d.png

image.png.7fb8754f5a92b594290f6563cd887a7c.png

As seen there, the file contains several defaults and such, for instance, the "default gender and species" don't only apply to the player, but also NPC's of unsupported species. Along with this, is also the "Load Requirements" for plugins, when someone asks "Why can't players use the Sex-talk dialogues?", this is why. On the Sextalk plugin, it says "loadRequirements"; "entityType" : ["npc"].

In that case, there is a table and a array. The loadRequirements table contains values that need to be met for that plugin to be allowed to run. "entityType" is one of such values, but it has a Array, thus checking anything within those values. For adding Sextalk to players for instance, it'd change from ["npc"] to ["npc","player"], and even could be ["npc","player","monster","object"].

Next common type of value here is the boolean. Booleans are like switches, they only hold one of two values and can't be anything else. true or false, like "yes or no", or "on or off".

Under "logging configuration" you can see them: "showInfo" : false. Changing it to true would then show several other messages in the log files that basically yell out every single process for Sexbound.

Now, onto the important bits; the Plugins.
image.png.420e67ef8d027df2cd7a8fb69b6103a1.png

image.png.83f1503dbce85197a6b0c1de59dd8d5d.png

I'll be showing the Climax file as a example, and there are currently 5 main modules, and each has their configs. There are some neat features in each one, so check them out if you want.

image.png.674f7205c652c823975216a726f13707.png

Everything here is as obvious as it seems, and what isn't, is either a table, or a range ("Anywhere between the two values" type of setting).

I am uncertain what "speciesConfig" is for there, gonna have to poke Loc about that some day.

As for the last bit, interesting config!

image.png.d7aafd5d76719a2451cc9b1d098971bb.png

This bit allows you to customize what climax fluids are spawned by each species. This can be modded into by a patch file, just like done in previews steps, and it's been done in the Lewdbound mod, as a example:
image.png.ec0f566be4edbc827e8530cfc4b04aab.png
image.png.e746f868c367e3901c6d4271e440d791.png

And this is all there really is to it. Some configs may include more complex options, and some maybe less documented, but in general, they have the same gist. For more complex edits, like enabling auto-climax for Monsters, you'd need to edit the scripts associated with these configs.

With all that said, any questions?

Late as Hell i know but , so how do i edit the sexbound for anable pregnancy without corrupt the file?

36 minutes ago, Impestato said:

Late as Hell i know but , so how do i edit the sexbound for anable pregnancy without corrupt the file?

That sentence started fine but i lost track halfway.

Do you want to enable pregnancy? Because that is enabled by default.
Do you want to enable the "pregnancy fetish"? The visible bellies? Because you simply have to go to the "sxb_pregnant.config" and change "false" to "true" in there.
If you can read english, the config files are often self-explanatory.

Unless you're asking me how to not corrupt the PAK file... you don't. You download the SRC version. The PAK file is just a compressed version of the same thing.

19 minutes ago, Impestato said:

Sorry for keep bothering but i alredy did that, i think the problem is the conflict betwen .pak and zipped mod cuz the game just keep on crashing, but it happend only when i edited the config today

I've got a quick guide for that.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, red3dred said:

Even better, wippersnappers, it sounds like someone extracted their mod, and installed it, incorrectly. Lemme dig through several hundred images in my LL account real quick...

Ah, here;
image.png

These files should not be in the mods folder. They should also not be inside a folder, that is inside another folder. It requires specifically to be:

>/mods/Sexbound/ (These files)

NOT

>/mods/ (These files)

NOR

>/mods/Sexbound/Sexbound/ (These files)

Now i'll take the opportunity to save the above as a quotable link since it's a answer i often gotta post =V

That said, and written, i'd like to ask to move this kind of conversation over to the main Sexbound thread, where most people ask for help with their modding woes:

I don't mind answering more questions, you're not bothering me, just beware i can't tell you why your game is crashing without a log, which is another common trope of troubleshooting.

37 minutes ago, red3dred said:

I've got a quick guide for that.

That said, and written, i'd like to ask to move this kind of conversation over to the main Sexbound thread, where most people ask for help with their modding woes:

I don't mind answering more questions, you're not bothering me, just beware i can't tell you why your game is crashing without a log, which is another common trope of troubleshooting.

Last message cuz you saved a 283 hours save file 

Realy Many many many Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm trying to set up a patch for my own use, to make the Saturnian Ebony beds compatible with the SxB nodes. I've tried following your guide, I've tried literally copying the .patch file Sexbound uses for the wooden beds and replacing file paths w/ the paths for the Ebony beds... nothing is working, I still can't place the actor addons onto the beds at all. I'll attach my current (failed) attempt at the patch file here. Currently, it's a clone of the Wooden bed patch from Sexbound - can somebody tell me what I've done wrong, here?

saturnianEbonybed.object.patch

2 hours ago, Draknowin said:

Hey, I'm trying to set up a patch for my own use, to make the Saturnian Ebony beds compatible with the SxB nodes. I've tried following your guide, I've tried literally copying the .patch file Sexbound uses for the wooden beds and replacing file paths w/ the paths for the Ebony beds... nothing is working, I still can't place the actor addons onto the beds at all. I'll attach my current (failed) attempt at the patch file here. Currently, it's a clone of the Wooden bed patch from Sexbound - can somebody tell me what I've done wrong, here?

saturnianEbonybed.object.patch 6.35 kB · 0 downloads

Either-or thread is fine, usually people go to the main Sexbound thread for troubleshooting, and go to this one for mod-making information.

To better know why it's failing, you may want to take a look at your log and see what it says. For instance, not all beds use "spaceScan", and some will have pre-set "materialSpaces".

Also this is a very long path...
image.png.0f478cc5393897784e80524906a07423.png

This may trouble you. Not only is it missing a "C" for "conversions" but also is very long. Windows, which i assume is what most people run, has a file path size limit. If it works, it works, but i've had problems unpacking mods even, due to how long their folder names go sometimes.

Everything else is about the same it seems.

Truthfully, patching objects is annoying even for me, which is why i haven't pushed a mod to counter the tables being sex-objects by default yet. It's best to keep an eye on the log during load times, and work off what it says.

37 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Either-or thread is fine, usually people go to the main Sexbound thread for troubleshooting, and go to this one for mod-making information.

To better know why it's failing, you may want to take a look at your log and see what it says. For instance, not all beds use "spaceScan", and some will have pre-set "materialSpaces".

Also this is a very long path...
image.png.0f478cc5393897784e80524906a07423.png

This may trouble you. Not only is it missing a "C" for "conversions" but also is very long. Windows, which i assume is what most people run, has a file path size limit. If it works, it works, but i've had problems unpacking mods even, due to how long their folder names go sometimes.

Everything else is about the same it seems.

Truthfully, patching objects is annoying even for me, which is why i haven't pushed a mod to counter the tables being sex-objects by default yet. It's best to keep an eye on the log during load times, and work off what it says.

I fixed the missing C, and it still doesn't work. I unpaked the mod and checked the object file for the Ebony Beds, and afaict, it does use spaceScan. It also showed me that yeah, the mod uses that long-ass file path too, and it works fine enough for the mod to work - does that have something to do with the mod being .pak normally? I have no idea why this isn't working - this is the object file for the bed in the base mod, if that helps.

saturnianEbonybed.object

4 hours ago, Draknowin said:

I fixed the missing C, and it still doesn't work. I unpaked the mod and checked the object file for the Ebony Beds, and afaict, it does use spaceScan. It also showed me that yeah, the mod uses that long-ass file path too, and it works fine enough for the mod to work - does that have something to do with the mod being .pak normally? I have no idea why this isn't working - this is the object file for the bed in the base mod, if that helps.

saturnianEbonybed.object 1.74 kB · 0 downloads

Of note, you are putting the patch in the same correct path, yeah? Same as in, the path to the .object file is the same, in your mod, to the .patch file.
Another thing to check, is priority. Is your patch mod loading after the Saturnians? If not, it'll not generate a single issue in the log. You can indeed, patch nothing... Starbound things.

Lastly, how, is it not working? Is it just, like, having no effect at all? If so, it may be related to the previous point, otherwise i would need a pointer from your log to know why things are the way they are.

I fixed it! I have never really modded much before, and so I... may have not had a _metadata file. I created one, set it to load around 98~ priority, and BOOM. It works. I wouldn't have even thought of that if you hadn't brought up priority, so thank you!

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Deimar said:

Where is the sexbound.config.patch?.

It should be inside your mod/ whatever sexbound support mod you're making. If you don't have one, it's a simple text file that can be made in notepad even, so long as it's named properly, and it's contents match what is shown, or you can obtain it by unpacking any Sexbound support, if you need an example.

13 minutes ago, Deimar said:

Ah yes i have another question, How could I overwrite mod files (especially sexbound animations) with modified ones by me? is for a patch .

In one way, you can just overwrite the animations file. The two-actors.animation, centered or not, can be replaced by another functional one with added positions or more, so long as what the remainder of the mod requests is still there. There shouldn't be any downsides to this other than updates breaking this, of course.

... however, if you are feeling REALLY brave, you can try to patch it. While i do not suggest this unless you plan to have a lot of free time, it should be possible to make your mod patch into the animations file somewhat safely. To aid you, you can use this tool, scroll down and choose "patcher".
http://helmet.kafuka.org/sbmods/json/

You should be able to input the animation file into the "Source Data" field, and input your edited version in the "patch" field, then click "Diff" to generate a patch transforming the edited version into a patch.
image.png.e02387f7e5ee564b1d248e01cde2bcac.png

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

In one way, you can just overwrite the animations file. The two-actors.animation, centered or not, can be replaced by another functional one with added positions or more, so long as what the remainder of the mod requests is still there. There shouldn't be any downsides to this other than updates breaking this, of course.

You know where is the animations?

44 minutes ago, Deimar said:

You know where is the animations?

Under;
image.png.807536bdb7a6795088d11b76dcc72bb2.png

image.png.dcac88e78e34da4d55254029f1ad1e9e.png

Those two animation files control the animations of the animation sheets for Sexbound, stored in parts under Actor1 and Actor2.

There are several other files that reign over animations though, not just this one. The process is so annoying i've yet to write a full tutorial on it.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Under;
image.png.807536bdb7a6795088d11b76dcc72bb2.png

image.png.dcac88e78e34da4d55254029f1ad1e9e.png

Those two animation files control the animations of the animation sheets for Sexbound, stored in parts under Actor1 and Actor2.

There are several other files that reign over animations though, not just this one. The process is so annoying i've yet to write a full tutorial on it.

I will wait that tutorial, without a doubt you do very good content.

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to prevent npcs from actually spawning when a pregnant ones give birth? I've looked around in the config files for sexbound but I can't seem to find anything from preventing npcs from spawning when one gives birth. I've tried trial and error with just about everything and made sure not to try and edit the .pak file, I'm just not very good with understanding coding. Messing with it was more of a last ditch effort after being unable to find any mods that would prevent spawning. Just wanna be able to have an npc get pregnant without having more npcs actually spawn once they're no longer pregnant if that makes any sense? If there's something I can do where the "times impregnated someone else" stat goes up, but once the pregnant actress "gives birth" no npc actually spawns would someone be able to walk me through what I'd need to edit? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 hour ago, thatguy0237 said:

Is there any way to prevent npcs from actually spawning when a pregnant ones give birth? I've looked around in the config files for sexbound but I can't seem to find anything from preventing npcs from spawning when one gives birth. I've tried trial and error with just about everything and made sure not to try and edit the .pak file, I'm just not very good with understanding coding. Messing with it was more of a last ditch effort after being unable to find any mods that would prevent spawning. Just wanna be able to have an npc get pregnant without having more npcs actually spawn once they're no longer pregnant if that makes any sense? If there's something I can do where the "times impregnated someone else" stat goes up, but once the pregnant actress "gives birth" no npc actually spawns would someone be able to walk me through what I'd need to edit? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

On the config side? Nope. It's either Pregnancy On, or Pregnancy Off.

On the script side, you can probably do it pretty easily by just having the "Give Birth" code not actually try to spawn anything, and just end.

I will assume you know how to edit the scripts in Sexbound, the unpacked version/source, and i'll point you here;
In "scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lua", you can find the following;
image.png.aa64de5932190e63d63df34799216912.png

This is responsible for handling the multiplication of NPCs and Monsters. You could just rewrite it to;
image.png.aa8e9d7496e2ab05aa799b0ac604147d.png

If i remember correctly, the command "world.spawnNpc" returns "true" if it succeeds. This would tell whatever is trying to use this command "all good" and move on without doing anything.

11 minutes ago, red3dred said:

On the script side, you can probably do it pretty easily by just having the "Give Birth" code not actually try to spawn anything, and just end.

I will assume you know how to edit the scripts in Sexbound, the unpacked version/source, and i'll point you here;
In "scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lua", you can find the following;

Thanks for the help! I do know how to edit the scripts, my issue is just that I usually have trouble figuring out which lines specifically I should edit and how I should change them. The screenshots were super helpful, and I appreciate you walking me through it. Feel kinda silly now seeing how simple it was haha. Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

Bad English, translated mostly through a translator (Sorry)!
Greetings, I could not find information on how to create custom positions (and animations, respectively). I tried to figure it out myself, but I didn't come to any positive result. Is there any tutorial or at least a brief explanation on how to do this?

I wanted to add a few new positions close to the standard ones (for example, more fellatio variants), and then deal with the creation of completely new ones. But I couldn't edit even the standard ones, because I didn't find a place where starbound defines how to fasten sprites and animate them (in particular about the characters' heads).. I ask for help