HOW DO, HOW MAKE, HOW CAN! (Pending updates, waiting!)

Smol Warning;
Alright, these tutorials are not quite up for magical all-in-one solutions yet. They will more than suffice for making species and monster supports, beds, etc, but you will have some errors due to newer versions changing a few things. Once the next big update is here, i'll be able to update these and point everyone in the right direction towards updating/fixing/making supports. For now though, have some patience, as even i am learning this process again.

It is time, we've had no documentation for how to things for a solid while, so time for me to use my holiday to just push out several tutorials at once! Now now, what can we do... Lets see here:

Just a key point i wanted to share though:
I don't and won't promote people making mods without consent from original authors, their permission, and such. We at the Sexbound community Discord and project would like to harbor better relations with modders and wouldn't want to give them unwanted attentions by making mods with their content under their nose, with adult content. Remember to request permission when working with mods that don't belong to you.

Also, i want to preface this real quick; These tutorials will require a minimum savvy-ness and probably the following:
A Packing and Unpacking tool to allow you to view mod's files and data/folders and names is very handy, like Pakit!

A image editing program, among options are Photoshoop($), GIMP, Aseprite($?), Paint.NET, PAIN tool SAI (I think this one is for drawing tablets?) or any program of your prefence with layers and transparency. (This excludes MS-Paint)

A program for viewing and editing codes and text files in general, i recommend Notepad++, but Window's default notepad works aswell, along with any of your preference!

Should anything in particular be unlisted here, or just general questions, i can give a heads up for it, for any users looking for basic info on how to approach these things.

This is the Index post, as it will refer you to the right following post for how to do these things later. I'll have to write every single one individually and with lots of example images folks, so be ready for lots of spam in this topic.

Firstly and foremost, the most common type of Custom Content, and the bread-and-butter of it, really, Custom Species Supports.

Now, this one is rather easy, i'll be honest. A lot of copy-pasting in codes, maybe some trouble writing Custom Dialogues, but we're gonna get there later...

Now, this is what it looks like inside a common-place species support, what kind of things you can do and expect:
image.png.d9c4970c828c90dcaa424329b62dfe34.png
Quick rundown, Artwork contains, well, the art for each position, each frame, each gender, etc. Here's where you will place the custom made assets for the animations and positions, for species, clothing and monsters alike. Now, Dialog contains the lines used by Sexbound during such animations, sortable per position and gender. The Objects folder contains patches to things to be compatible with Sexbound, either by directly replacing their purpose (Sexbound-only beds) or making them compatible with the add-on, or just adding other bits and pieces to furnitures. The Positions folder is rather bland and only contains code for pointing out position data, mainly dialogue for now, but if you wish, there is the possibility to add in new positions, should you want, but that's later. NOW... the Scripts folder contains data pertaining to messing with scripts, things like pointing out Compatible Mates, if your species is allowed to use default dialogue, or more, to come.

That's all for folders, now the files: "Avalisxb.ico" is just a icon i made, and same goes for "thumbs.png". One shows up as my folder icon, and doesn't really matter for support reasons, but the later should show up in-game when looked at in the mods menu. _metadata however is a big deal. This is a simple plain-text file, with no file-type, just raw text, but it contains several important aspects of your mod: Its in-game name, its internal name (For duplicate/conflict reasons), its PRIORITY which is extremely important, as having it load too early can cause problems, but Sexbound usually handles this part pretty well, as long as you set it anywhere above -69, along with data like you mod's page, author, and if it includes any other mods and should replace them by default (Also affected by priority). The sexbound.config.patch is equally important, because it literally makes it all work. It contains the data for enabling the species in question to work.

Now then, artwork...image.png.e2833da7a9509023ba7a986ce65aa59c.pngimage.png.cfa1efea044cb34e9b501bca05a8c2c9.png
These folders contain the spriters/artwork for the species. This is where most support creators spend most of their time. Creating these assets can be time consuming, but will eventually yield the most noticeable and major part of the support. Here, we see the art separate by entity groups: NPC's and players are humanoids, monsters are monsters, and special interactables (Ala Fuchsia) are objects. There in lies Actor1 and Actor2. Actor 1 is when the character is usually in a giving position, dominating, getting the succ, etc. It compromises the RED character shown below, while Actor 2 is the more submissive one, compromises the BLUE character shown below.
image.png.f209baccdf976df059fb429aa312928f.png

Both Red and Blue can be both genders. For research purposes, i've supplied a copy of all the artwork for the vanilla supported species:
artworks.zip

This file contains all PNG files, and aseprite files aswell. All files are rather self-explanatory, and  you shouldn't need any more than these to make your artwork. If you wish to have a recommended program, i personally use GIMP 2.8, while many others also recommend Aseprite, but anything that supports transparency layers should be fine (No, not MS-Paint).

If you fail to understand what these files are, try loading them all as layers and seeing them overlap, and you'll understand it better.

Now, lets say you spent about 12 hours on that and it looks good... time to implement it!

So, since i'm covering most other functions later, all you really need is a quick modding tutorial to pack this all together and enable it. For now, you'll only need notepad (Or notepad++ if you're feeling fancy) and the sexbound.config.patch and _metadata files;
The patch first:
image.png.8685f05fa8847d97a17d3195fd67ef20.png
This is all the patch file contains. No, really, it is.

Now, if it wasn't clear, the things being set here is the internal (code) name of the species that is being supported (In your case, replace "avali" with the internal species name , EG; "human"). Normally, this is pretty obvious (penguin, avali, avian, human, etc), but it may vary depending on the race in question. Some like the Fragments of Ruin CAN BE A ABSOLUTE BITCH TO GUESS-- may require looking in the files to figure out what they are actually called internally. Unless you try all the obvious ones and it doesn't work, you usually don't need to look too deeply into this.

As for the _metadata;
image.png.1039139e8f9e9fb01a2cef8cb5e185c1.png

This one will be rather simple: Most info here is just clutter for the sake of having good descriptions and versioning, a good practice, but most users will skim over all of it, since it only shows up in the in-game mod list button. But yeah, "version", "author" and "description" are pretty self explanatory. "name" is what the mod will called as when being loaded by the game, while "friendlyName" will be its proper title in the mod menu. Priority tells the game when things should load, in terms of order. Sexbound loads at -69 while the base game appears to load at -10000 or so? Not sure on that, but you really shouldn't ever have a reason to go that far back. "steamContentId" is for workshop mods, and i presume most users here won't use cause Steam will come down on you with plentyful reports, while "link" is a simply a one-click link to your mod's page, but yet again, only visible in the in-game mods list.

Oops! Almost forgot about compatible mates!

Within the scripts folder, following this structure, we have:image.png.484da8b0589ff02dc7b6d3dce859b717.png
As of 2.14, we'll have one separate folder for each plugin, so a quick heads-up! TIMES CHANGE!

As of version v4, we have all the plugins dropped directly into root folder! This means these patches should be directed elsewhere.
image.png.ca947328516aeee06ba5b15a0cf5313c.png
(These are all together now, wahooooooo....)

Now, these two files are simple: They tell the game that something changes for the config of these modules.

Due to changes in the ways things are, Pregnant config changes are much easier, but need a rewrite, while the remainder in theory should remain the same.

image.png.1f99cfc562e996cecf250aeb0862b1f5.png

"This simple file tells the mod that, for the Compatible Mates Feature, this species can only impregnate, or be impregnated, by these following things. Its structure is basically, Rather simple. Lacking this file makes it so your species will cause errors and freeze Sexbound for users, so its best to include a bland "Only with my own kind" file, just in case."

In "compatible mates", the wording has been changed to "compatibleSpecies", and instead of listing their own species, they automatically will consider their own species, and any other entries only need to be other species. For example, there would be:

• "value" : [ "everis", "slime", "human" ]

... etc.

Thankfully, all remainder patch files, albeit renamed and moved elsewhere, are the same structure. WAHOOO!

Second one is;

This file refers to Dialog files and basically tells the game whether to allow your species to use default dialogues, along with their own, or not. It is good to leave this enabled by default (No patch file) if you didn't include dialogues for your species, otherwise they are mute.

Of note; Custom Moans are here! To add custom moans to your species, refer to this;

image.png.977fdfa0701807627fb302dfeef6759f.png

Example file above: This is how the sxb_plugin.moan.config looks, it points the species, gender, moan details (Frequency and pitch, and which sound files to use), and also orgasm sounds! You can add your sounds to whatever folder you want, but for organization sake, i'd recommend /sfx/sexbound/ and then separate moan/ and orgasm/ folders for your species. The file naming is irrelevant, but the type must either be .wav or .ogg i believe, preferably in the quality of 44.1kHz.

Remember:
Always use a descriptive and unique in-code name. If your mod's "name" is the same as another mod's, the game will automatically pick one to load and ignore the other one completely, using only the one with the highest Priority, or the one with the fancier name, if they share the same priority. This has been troublesome for some species supports as users base them off other's supports without even changing the "name" file.

That should be all you need to have the visually distinct race be available for Smexing in-game. Any more questions? Feel free to ask!

image.png

Now for Dialogs. Since i had already started writing this one and LL decided to kick me out by timing out my connection and deleting everything i had typed, i'll be more succinct. That is a word by the way.

So, this part will more likely frustrate many users, as it is not for those unsavvy, and will more than likely not work the first few times. Be warned.

Anyhow, if you wish to, you don't NEED to make all files, one for each gender, in each position, summing up to 12 per species, more if you want to add multi-language support. If you want, you can literally have one single file linked to all genders, languages and positions. But anyhow, normally, the structure of the folder is:image.png.360cb5c2acbad05580c0b8d93d9bfef5.png

Followed by: image.png.47d2f86a65cc4722116b65d925c17cfc.png
Each with their own:image.png.ef86b7b933c8df04bced141bf09c842d.png.

This ensures the dialogues won't feel too vague or generic per gender and position, but still, if you're not feeling up to the task, the other option is available.

Each one of these config files is... well... rather long and convoluted, but i'll try my best to explain them:
image.png.14052978f8634eab869b0f55b9e4165d.png

This dialog sample (I'll be honest, isn't good) is composed of many things: At first, notice the chunk of 4 defaults at the start. That is usually dialog for Actor 1 (Remember the red and blue characters earlier?), they check 4 things at a given time to come up with the proper dialogue during a scene, as to avoid climaxes without climax lines, or spewing climax lines during normal sex.

These 4 things are, in order, from the point of view of the character saying the lines: [My State], [Partner Species], [Partner Gender], [Partner State].

[My State] refers to the state of the one saying the lines, as in "default" (having sex), "pregnant", "climaxing" or in some special cases, if they have a special status like wearing a strapon from AlluringToysCo, for instance, and these are set on the item in question, to be referenced in the dialogue. Example ones: "equipped_analplug", "equipped_horseanaltail", "equipped_gagball", "equipped_analjewel", "equipped_strapon", "equipped_horsestrapon", etc. Custom items can have custom effects, that call upon custom lines.

[Partner Species] is pretty self explanatory, but... Its the species you check for to say these lines. Default means you'll mention these lines with any species.

[Partner Gender] is, yet again, pretty obvious. Male, female, or default (either).

[Partner State] is very similar to "my state", and uses the same options, but referring to the partner and not the one saying the lines.

If all 4 of these conditions are met, then the dialogue is displayed. If there is no climax dialogue, the mod will default to a default one. If there are double-climax lines (Climaxing self and climaxing partner), the game will prefer those over single-climax lines. The actor being pregnant does not prevent default lines from being said, only adds pregnant to the pool of basic dialogues. But beware that the dialogue selector doesn't account for the actor becoming pregnant mid-way, and the dialogues may not trigger properly until the NPC or Player have their node re-made (Hit with the bow, use the GFY, enter the bed again, etc.)

As for how it is all written, its as showing above. Each line is composed of the 4 "ifs", then it does a bracket ( [ ), and within them, the lines are within apostrophes ( "text" ) and if there are any more than a single line, between each two different lines, there is a comma between their apostrophes (" , "). This is where things start getting frustrating: Any left over special characters, any opened/unopened apostrophes, parentheses or brackets, will cause the file to error and not be loaded. Troubleshooting this can take forever, as the error generated by the game won't update until the game is reloaded using F8 or closing and re-opening, even if the Dialogue file is updated. (Check in the log files for this info)

As a way to make life easier, me and Rylasasin, among several other users decided to make a template and make a project called "Sexbound expanded dialogues", but here's a sample template file to be used, it includes all 3 basic states, and several vanilla and common species for compatibility.
templatedefault.config

Now, lets say you made a "<species name here>male" and "<species name here>female", one for each position, or just general ones, and you want to put them into the game to work, well, now lets do that. This is where the Positions folder comes into play. Within it, you'll have:
image.png.6e0dd146826b312e66ed13258f52451a.png

Each one of these will patch into that position to tell it where to find the proper dialogue files for your species.

Of note: As of Sexbound v3 and above, "in_bed" positions inherit dialog from the base out-of-bed positions, so no need to add those to your supports-- in fact, better remove them!

It'll look something like this:
image.png.f95f9d8127b5ceeba0f15c746bd0bd6d.png

Where: "path" is a static parameter in that script, so just replace "avali" with your species name in the code, as in the sexbound.config.patch file, and within "value", is where things get tricky. This is a file path, towards the dialogue files you made. If you made only one, just point towards that file. This can be achieved by selecting the folder's path at the very top of Explorer, if you're on Windows. Anything past the mod's folder is the file path. Just beware Windows puts the slashes backwards, so that may get confusing if you just copy-paste it, and it won't work. If you didn't use a general file (Or one per position), then the structure should be as above. You can replace <species> with your species name, but really, the effect is the same. The words within the < > things are basically value checks. It'll redirect to the proper species and gender, in that path.

So, lets say you made one single file for, uh... Slime. It'll look something like this:
image.png.92755972848c10d5024f4a0a2ea13d74.png

where it'd be like this on the Explorer:

image.png.6bce14ad6bc83dc815d71615825d0dba.png (Or whatever language you chose instead of English)
image.png.e2e575e9cb7957f91e5f41755f8afccb.png

With all that set, only thing left to change is the Defaut Dialogue Merge, as mentioned in the previous part. It simply tells whether the race should be permitted to use default dialogue or not. If you wish to NOT use default dialogue, then, within the Scripts folder, and within it's own plugin folder, the file "sextalk.config.patch" will allow you to do so by having the following text:

image.png.0075d1e9850f72958343ea2c11ada226.png

The path/folders should be /scripts/sexbound/plugins/sextalk/sextalk.config.patch .

Of course, as pointed out before, replace "avali" with your species's name.

And that's all. Good luck troubleshooting your custom dialogues, and have fun! Any more questions?

Good grief... this is getting more difficult to type as time goes on, i swear! Well, apologies, now for Beds support and Custom Sexbound Beds.

This one is more likely the most chill of the bunch. Even if you fail, it (Probably) won't crash the game.

Let's say you're adding support for a species which has tons of custom furniture. Those are always neat, right? Well, let's say they have beds, or, if you fancy, tables, which you want to enable to be Sexbound compatible. For that, we'll need to patch into the bed's files, same as with configs and the likes, but now, for Objects.

This part is more easily said than done: Finding where the object is. Each modder makes their own structure and drops things all willy-nilly based on whatever magical sorting technique they wish to use. Doing this for something like Prop-Pack will most likely be an absolute nightmare to find all proper beds, but have fun...! Basically, what i'm saying is, you'll need access to the unpacked version of the mod, and to be able to see what's in the object's file to better gauge what you'll need to change.

Once you find out the path of the bed, just make a copy of its structure within your support mod's Objects folder, as exemplified here:

image.png.86ae8b5efd9def666c0af888cc5b9333.png
image.png.dba9b42f71769feefeae002db487d5f9.png

Remember to, of course, name this file the same as the object is named, with .patch at the end. This file will contain some reaaally crazy coding stuff and might take a while to understand and fit properly to the bed in question, but it works if pulled off correctly, i can guarantee you that. The file has several sections of patching, that i'll try to go through as we go along;
image.png.da4ee66b9448e6558cf2ecbc450737b9.png

Firstly, "interactive" set to true. Pretty simple, right? Just makes it so you can press E on it and a thing happens. Some objects don't have this so its best to leave it on just in case.

Second, we're removing the space-scan feature to use our own defined object spaces. Not all objects use this, if it is the case that you're trying to patch a bed/table/thing that already uses "spaces" instead of "spaceScan", then just remove this part and instead use "replace" on the 4th part there.

Third, "add" of "materialSpaces" for the "sexboundaddonbase". This just defines in what point of the object you'll be placing the loungeable add-on. This is important because, if done properly, it leaves both the original object interactable and also leaves the two hearts of the addon interactable. Depending on the size of the object, this may cause issues, where the heart will block interaction with the base object neigh entirely, so its best to fiddle with where you'll want this to be. This particular coordinate within the object (In this case, [0, 1]) preferably should already be defined in the next patch, and with a empty space on top.

Fourth and most important to make sure its not silly as heck: The object's space. This change is basically how many blocks, in what distribution, the object will then have when placed. This need to account for two simple things: The 2 holes where the sexnodes will go (Usually at the floor level), and the place where the addon will go (Preferably with a empty block above said place). This can be tricky with some beds/tables/objects too small, and fiddly with objects too big. It is best to experiment.
image.png.ced27d2999dbf92dfefc7555dc4e88a7.png

On this one, most data is pretty simple: first is a universal "use the sexbound script" thing, along with a addon enabler from vanilla.

Of note; As of Sexbound v3.1.0, you can now add "future-proofed" version numbers. Just use "requiredVersion" : ">=2.0.0" instead of what is shown.

Second, here is the custom part of the sexbound bed: What you'll be able to do within it (positions), where the nodes will go, and where the camera goes (sitPositions) for each actor, along with a small troubleshooting bit for "required version". "mirrorArtwork" is a simple "true/false" for defining whether to mirror the animations compared to the bed's orientation (left/right). Positions available are "missionary", "doggy", "cowgirl", "standing", "butterfly" and "fellatio", all with "_in_bed" variants. The variants are in case you want the animation to play on top of the bed, and without the "_in_bed" part, the animations will instead play in front of the bed, on ground level. Because holding another character in the butterfly position, on top of a bed, would probably break it, shove your head in the ceiling, and generally look silly.

Third, more addon data. This one, i didn't find a need to change so far, but users may find a use for it.

image.png.2d322f24fabbeffa43af423719e274f7.png

These last bits are simple, first one just points to the Sexbound animation files, while the second, and relatively big one, is the one that defines the general position of the bed (First arrow, the red one), defines the height of the actors ON the bed (Second arrow, blue one), and the movement of the bed or characters during certain animations, defined all below the third arrow (Fuchsia one). All pixel-adjustment values are based on a 1/8th numeric system: basically, 1 is 8 pixels worth, a whole block, while 0.125 is a single pixel. Coordinates X and Y, where X is the horizontal value (Less is left, more is right), and Y being the vertical value (less is down, more is up)

Custom sounds also are tied to the last part and can be played on specific frames, as shown below, by the huge file of the simple wooden bed...
image.png.243926354d0ae2bb6b177e0492ac58b8.png

Fuchsia arrow points to when the THUD sound plays, during cowgirl, while the red arrow points to how the bed jumps a different height in each frame.

This part may look easy, but really, it isn't. Because of that, i'll give plenty of examples, by sharing the Sexbound Tables project file, with contributions from user Blake81.
This example includes lots of objects, some more examples can also be seen within the Sexbound-API files, where all the beds are patched, and a few tables.
Sexbound_Tables.zip

Also, little pointer: The tables from this mod are also patched to keep their table-top functionality while being sexbound-addon compatible. It is a good practice that i'd like to recommend to users.

As for beds with only the Sexbound functionality, well, its basically making a normal bed but... Here's the extras, from within Lewdbound's Clean mattresses:
image.png.b6a6fb0af49acf1bbb270e7bf3baff30.png

For the most part, these are just like normal objects:
image.png.c11deff16827c9244aeee759ef948e67.png

But they also have a added Sexbound data, of course.
image.png.94a5354e06ada17b483a4732f5359028.png

To make your own, simply replace the names and file paths with their proper equivalents, what positions you want, etc, to fit the items.

With that said and done, we're done here. How the tables have turned into beds... That is a terrible pun, i am sorry. Any more questions?

Okay i'm pretty tired after all that typing... its been 3 hours non-stop and i'm not even half-way done with the topics... Just gonna reserve a few posts and link them to the main index post later, golly...

If anyone wants to ask anything, feel free to do so.

You can also use paint.net for these as that is what starbound sprite was originally made on. It's very good for pixel art as well and plenty powerful for starbound modding. Also it's beginner friendly compared to some of these methods.

Okay, so, Day 2, time to continue, now onto monster supports!

I'll be fair, for the most part, this is exactly the same as Species supports, but with a twist of more customization and the ability to limit positions, genders and even if they'll be able to become Actor 2 at all.

With all that said, lets get to it.

image.png.056bfd4c5205879b98787f50645749c0.png

The files of a monster support point out just how similar to species support they are, its quite easy.

Artwork as usual contains the animations, for the monsters, while the Monsters folder simply is a patch to enable said monster, while the Positions folder is not even actually necessary. I only have it to include variants of positions without pregnancy chances to factor in, in case of "infertile" monsters, like, for instance, the Punchy punching-bag monster.

Main difference in the artwork folder is this:
image.png.071b9e2b31a9f645023feb6e4a96f6c1.png
Instead of "humanoid", you're now working with monsters.

Because monsters don't have body-parts, recolor data (That is, until Pandora's Box does its thing?) and don't have hair/heads, they just kind of have a single body file if you wish, at most arm layers for something overlapping their partner.
image.png.079b7b1e8e9dbb0fe26b6455966ba4dc.png

Once the artwork for both actors, or if you prefer, only actor1 is done, you can then plan the gender distribution.

Patching into Vanilla monsters requires knowing their paths and folders, but that's not overly difficulty as they are separated by movement type.
image.png.67e9dd6dfe3603ccd53114c3f63c76e6.png
Once there, its a matter of using a patch:
image.png.fbef7584fbd6774474b184b8205760a3.png
And within...

image.png.20b43cd12aeb255244a7b3992f6ab62e.png

Correction: for gender, use "initialValue" instead of "baseValue". My bad.

Many things to notice here: First three patches are simply overrides to allow monsters to inherit the Sexbound behaviour, while not removing default functionality (AI, walking, pathfinding, aggression, etc).

Then we have "sexboundConfig", clearly very important: It tells the mod which positions the monster is allowed to use, and if its allowed to become Actor2. Monsters incapable of switching roles can never be Actor2, even if they're females getting interacted by a male.

As for the last value, this is the gender distribution value. When creating a support, you can use this feature to define whether the monsters will be considered all male, female, or random depending on the value. 0 means it can be either, 1 is always male and 2 is always female. Truth is, your mod doesn't even need this, but it'll make it so the monster defaults to always male, as was its behaviour prior to this feature.

Of note; As of Sexbound v2.14+(Citation needed), monsters can have a "forceRole" tag. This forces them into a role upon interaction (Actor 1/ Dominant, Actor 2/ Submissive, or simply "0" should the monster not have a preference. Actor 3 would be possible should a monster somehow multiply itself...), and mixed with "allowSwitchRoles" : false, this can make Submissive-only monsters easily!

image.png.e7b21ca3a23f11f3e9d4682f93f51991.png

Do note aswell that monsters without this Tag may cause issues, so it's rather mandatory. (If both are allowed then "baseValue" : 0 is recommended.)

Now, the positions... they're really nothing special. Just clones of default positions, with disabled pregnancy chances, in my case, for monsters not meant to reproduce.
image.png.b921131185c926f6998eb6a0ef5dc20c.png
Ignore the fact that fellatio can't cause pregnancy by default so i'm just a dum dum.

Anyhow, all those contain is:
image.png.7ea5f8d2f38d8bc6a7479f614edfd4f5.png

And then they're added to the list of valid positions by this:
image.png.ff8c23fcbe794f0883e1f2dd1ea6aa7e.png

That should be all you need for now. That is, until the new features come out and have to rewrite all this to include them and probably scream loudly like a angry parrot.

Here's a example mod, by the way. I try to always provide one.
Sexbound-Pillowmaster-Preview.zip

Until then, any more questions?

Edited by red3dred

Welp, Day 3: Clothing/Wearable support.

So, as far as the idea of it goes, no different than supports for species or monsters, only difference is that we'll be making images that overlay the character's bodies, and thus, are added on top, and not as stand-alone as the previous two.

But as far as files are concerned, it is the same, just the Artwork folder for the animations in question, and the Items folder for patching into the item. For this example, i'll be showing the Hawaiian costume set, that is supported by default in the Sexbound API, solely as a example.

Hawaiian_Costume_Example.zip
image.png.4c0ef8f0dbfac40f5d8261be35d6966b.png and image.png.3ad88ba3b8445dd10d4d71ceac2199cd.pngwhere:
image.png.d3de72f6c9e1eaaebc1a9cebb56be816.png>>>image.png.6570a36ad325321254dc45dea6ec3460.png>>>image.png.0444f0dc938932587e2c91ae598bc87a.png

For reference, if anyone has worked with Starbound item creation, these may seem familiar, but those who have not, the layers are simple:
Bsleeve is Back Sleeve (Back arm overlay for chest clothing), and Fsleeve is Front Sleeve (Front arm overlay for chest clothing, Chest being the torso, although it can cover more if you wish, if relevant for the item, and Pants is beings. Both of the last ones have a version for if the actor is pregnant.

Overlapping them, yields the view of what the wearable is supposed to look like.
image.png.136a568bc130423d28cfd20b7539fd22.png

Once you have the assets made and are satisfied with their looks, time to implement them into a existing clothing item.

As usual, with the patches, we use the item's original pathing/ folder structure, or else it won't work.
image.png.e1fdb7381c486b0b9ae4033a4d83d59d.png
    image.png.11117712e1501d0a96d32c24d1732cbb.png

And all these patches contain is:
image.png.b6ced1b4d506e1b978d7d76cbe1f11c7.png

Two lines, pointing to the right files and that's all. These can, again, have proper distribution per gender, or be unisex, if the sprites accommodate that.

So, overall, not that hard to make them work. For adding custom dialogues tied to such items, you'd have to;
image.png.dfc0655e9348f7b7c8f3de3e9d8d9be7.png

Also, if your "pants" cover the genitals directly in some way, its good to include either a valid or custom mask for the fellatio scene, or whichever scene may cause clipping, like how Alluring Toy's strap-ons do it.
image.png.48d516ddced1739649fadbd564276128.png

Of note is the fact that hats are supported by default.
And with that, that is all you should need to know. Any questions?

• 1 month later...

Here we are again, its been a while, hasn't it? I sure kept you waiting, huh?

With the jokes out of the way, lets get to probably the most handy bit of information for non-modders: Config Fiddling.

I didn't make this obvious before, but i will make it now.
Do not edit the .pak file in notepad or noteblock. Do not edit them in general.

This corrupts the file and does not achieve anything. Download and edit the config files within the UNPAK version of Sexbound.

Well, its really simple, to be fair, it just suffers from the same issues of previous installments of messing with .config files; Any leftover or additional things where they shouldn't be will cause things to break.

So, lets start with configs; Sexbound's main Config.
image.png.ec36012731ff778e65bbdfb51c85613c.png

This file contains several defaults and settings for the mod to follow and handle errors or things that don't fit. Thanks to your truly Locuturus, most of the files are commented and explained to what does what and how to modify them.
image.png.9bca4c1906a72d75c096f630fcb7918d.png

image.png.7fb8754f5a92b594290f6563cd887a7c.png

As seen there, the file contains several defaults and such, for instance, the "default gender and species" don't only apply to the player, but also NPC's of unsupported species. Along with this, is also the "Load Requirements" for plugins, when someone asks "Why can't players use the Sex-talk dialogues?", this is why. On the Sextalk plugin, it says "loadRequirements"; "entityType" : ["npc"].

In that case, there is a table and a array. The loadRequirements table contains values that need to be met for that plugin to be allowed to run. "entityType" is one of such values, but it has a Array, thus checking anything within those values. For adding Sextalk to players for instance, it'd change from ["npc"] to ["npc","player"], and even could be ["npc","player","monster","object"].

Next common type of value here is the boolean. Booleans are like switches, they only hold one of two values and can't be anything else. true or false, like "yes or no", or "on or off".

Under "logging configuration" you can see them: "showInfo" : false. Changing it to true would then show several other messages in the log files that basically yell out every single process for Sexbound.

Now, onto the important bits; the Plugins.
image.png.420e67ef8d027df2cd7a8fb69b6103a1.png

image.png.83f1503dbce85197a6b0c1de59dd8d5d.png

I'll be showing the Climax file as a example, and there are currently 5 main modules, and each has their configs. There are some neat features in each one, so check them out if you want.

image.png.674f7205c652c823975216a726f13707.png

Everything here is as obvious as it seems, and what isn't, is either a table, or a range ("Anywhere between the two values" type of setting).

I am uncertain what "speciesConfig" is for there, gonna have to poke Loc about that some day.

As for the last bit, interesting config!

image.png.d7aafd5d76719a2451cc9b1d098971bb.png

This bit allows you to customize what climax fluids are spawned by each species. This can be modded into by a patch file, just like done in previews steps, and it's been done in the Lewdbound mod, as a example:
image.png.ec0f566be4edbc827e8530cfc4b04aab.png
image.png.e746f868c367e3901c6d4271e440d791.png

And this is all there really is to it. Some configs may include more complex options, and some maybe less documented, but in general, they have the same gist. For more complex edits, like enabling auto-climax for Monsters, you'd need to edit the scripts associated with these configs.

With all that said, any questions?

• 5 months later...
29 minutes ago, NikitaRGX said:

Is there possibly a catalog or index for where to go to customize or adjust different values for aspects in Sexbound, like timers before nodes expire or climax timers?

Oh boi, that one is a doozy. I could try to catalog every useful value modifiable by the end-user to try and customize the API, but that is... one helluva task.

Like how the default timer for getting transformed by the Aphrodite's Bow is in stats/effects/sexbound_mind_control/sexbound_mind_control.lua

Like how the default time spent by NPC's in sex-enabled furniture is defined in scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua in line 192, as below; (In Seconds, mind you. Yes, that is 5 to 10 minutes.)

function Sexbound.NPC:refreshLoungeTimeout()
  self._loungeTimeout = util.randomInRange({300, 600})

return self._loungeTimeout
end

And almost all else for that kind of thing is in scripts/sexbound/plugins/climax/climax.config? like...

/*true  - Enables NPCs to automatically climax when they reach maximum climax points (Default).
    false - Disables NPCs from automatically climaxing.*/
  "enableNPCAutoClimax" : true,

/*true  - Enables Monsters to automatically climax when they reach maximum climax points (Default).
    false - Disables Monsters from automatically climaxing.*/ 
  "enableMonsterAutoClimax" : true,

/*true  - Enables climax sound effect (Default).
    false - Disables climax sound effects.*/
  "enableClimaxSounds" : true,

/*true  - Enables climax particles (Default).
    false - Disables climax particles.*/
  "enableClimaxParticles" : true,

/*true  - Enables liquids to be spawned on every orgasm.
    false - Disables them (Default).*/
  "enableSpawnLiquids" : false,

/*This number range determines how quickly an actor gains climax points during the 'sexState' state.
    Default value - [0.5, 2.0]*/
  "defaultIncrease" : [0.5, 2.0],

/* This number range determines how quickly an actor loses climax points during the 'idleState' state.
    Default value - [0.5, 2.0]*/
  "defaultDecrease" : [053, 2.0],

/*This number sets how many climax points / second an actor consumes while it is having climax.
    Default value - 10*/
  "drainMultiplier" : 10,

/*Sets a range of percentages where a random percentage within the range will be removed from the actor's arousal points.
    Default value - [0.25, 0.9]*/
  "arousalPenalty" : [0.25, 0.9],

/*This is the STARTING amount of climax points for an actor.    
    Default value - 0*/
  "currentPoints" : 0,

/*This number indicates the minimum amount of climax points possible.
    Default value - 0*/
  "minPoints" : 0,

/*This number indicates the maximum amount of climax points possible.  
    Default value - 100*/
  "maxPoints" : 100,

/*This number indicates the minimum amount of climax points that are needed to climax. 
  Default value - 50*/
  "threshold" : 50,

/* An array of sounds to audibly indicate when an actor is climaxing. */
  "sounds" : [ "/sfx/sexbound/cum/squish.ogg" ],

/*This range of numbers will control how often the actor has an orgasm. (Particle shot from Dongle) 
  Default value - [0.5, 1.5]*/
  "shotCooldown" : [0.5, 1.5]

All these are just in one plugin, and they honestly dictate 90% of the rhythm of things during sex animations.

And this isn't even dictating the speed at which each actor's climax points rise in each position, definable in the positions file for each position in the positions folder!

Here's another wholesome batch of questions pertaining to SxB and it's subsidiaries;

1: Is it possible to change the player's initial role when interacting with a sex node? Such as having a female or futa player start dominant. If so, how would this be accomplished?

2: Is there any means of defining fertility values by race? Such as having Florans and Hylotl being more easily impregnated than Apex and Glitch.

3: Would it be possible for Monsters to have their own arousal levels? Friendly monsters don't seem able to interact on any level beyond being forced into it by Bow or Defeat.

4: Is it even possible to make Procedural Monster function with SxB, beyond how arduous the spriting requirements must be.

5: How would one go about modifying SxB statuses to perhaps induce different effects, similar to pheromones mod.

8 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

Here's another wholesome batch of questions pertaining to SxB and it's subsidiaries;

1: Is it possible to change the player's initial role when interacting with a sex node? Such as having a female or futa player start dominant. If so, how would this be accomplished?

2: Is there any means of defining fertility values by race? Such as having Florans and Hylotl being more easily impregnated than Apex and Glitch.

3: Would it be possible for Monsters to have their own arousal levels? Friendly monsters don't seem able to interact on any level beyond being forced into it by Bow or Defeat.

4: Is it even possible to make Procedural Monster function with SxB, beyond how arduous the spriting requirements must be.

5: How would one go about modifying SxB statuses to perhaps induce different effects, similar to pheromones mod.

1) scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua; line 412:

image.png.1267dd1120efb00ad8ddf416268ef434.png

2) Nope, the moment we have fertility as a table, all race supports have to update to accommodate for that, and if they don't do it, more issues arise.

3) That was tested at one point, it's possible, but it's not in yet for good reasons. Monsters don't have access to all the same positions as a bed or node does, so they need to concatenate/mix to comply with each other. Two monsters trying to interact with other? Hell on earth.

4) I've been trying to get that working for a while, things like small_quadruped, small_biped, and moontants, but it's really complex to not only teach the API to take the monster's parts as variables, but also interpret them and return them in actor.lua in usable form. It didn't work out, this is a feature that needs revision and development by someone who knows how to mess with the data-spaghetti that is Starbound better than me, probably Locuturus.

5) This is probably the simplest part; Just go to stats/effects/ and messing with stuff in there, and think about this aswell; Lounging inside a object can provide you with status effects aswell, like the Sexbound main node.

Couple more questions to ask:

Firstly, how do threesomes work? I've occassionaly triggered them but I have no idea what the limitations are to it or how I even made it happen, sometimes with Monsters involved and sometimes with random npcs.

And secondly, is it possible to have sexnodes that are currently active last longer than the standard defined timer? Say you ignore an NPC in a bed so they time out quicker and go back to their business after 30 seconds, but if you do hop on with them, the timer can last much longer.

1 hour ago, NikitaRGX said:

Couple more questions to ask:

Firstly, how do threesomes work? I've occassionaly triggered them but I have no idea what the limitations are to it or how I even made it happen, sometimes with Monsters involved and sometimes with random npcs.

And secondly, is it possible to have sexnodes that are currently active last longer than the standard defined timer? Say you ignore an NPC in a bed so they time out quicker and go back to their business after 30 seconds, but if you do hop on with them, the timer can last much longer.

I feel like this is a endless quiz, where's my prize?

But on a serious note; Three-somes are enabled by default on Defeat nodes (Up to three actors can be in, two can join, one is stuck in there), and 4/7 positions have a visible 3rd actor. There is no special Artwork for it yet, so it reuses sprites from other actor/positions. They are available by default on all sexbound prefix'd beds (sexbound_woodenbed for example) and now there is the new Tier 2 and Tier 3 Loungeable Addons that all enable threesomes.

Second; I believe that is something Loc looked into, i don't know the details, but i know you can't extend the life of a sex-node actively like that without some intensive script to constantly check and verify if there are entities lounging in the sexnode, but you can extend the life of a NPC's arousal in a sex-node, so for anything using normal beds, initiated by a horny NPC, you can somewhat control the length of the interaction. It is however broken now due to previous changes to how arousal works, 0 arousal no longer means they don't want to have sex anymore, once they are in a bed, they stay for a preset timer, the timer i've shown before.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:27 PM, red3dred said:

Like how the default time spent by NPC's in sex-enabled furniture is defined in scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua in line 192, as below; (In Seconds, mind you. Yes, that is 5 to 10 minutes.)

And this is why Naturally Horny hasn't been updated yet.

I'm so, dreadfully sorry if this has been answered before.

I only just found this page, and it's been a huge help in explaining what the code I've been trying to understand for the past two days means. I've basically been trying to work backwards to understand how the dialogue files are formatted, and it's been... a mess. At best, the lines I've added only seem to be spoken when the NPC is Actor 2, never Actor 1. in fact, I don't think I've seen any NPCs talking as Actor 1 when having sex with my character. Even mods I've just downloaded and seem like they should be talking based on their dialogue files are totally silent when in the dominant position. 

Is there any way to specify to the game that some lines should be only spoken if the NPC is Actor 1/2? 

Also, I noticed in your template that the lines begin with spaces. In files for some other mods, though, I've seen them start with tabs. Is there any significnce to this? Should I stick with one system over the other?

12 minutes ago, AspecialBanana said:

I'm so, dreadfully sorry if this has been answered before.

I only just found this page, and it's been a huge help in explaining what the code I've been trying to understand for the past two days means. I've basically been trying to work backwards to understand how the dialogue files are formatted, and it's been... a mess. At best, the lines I've added only seem to be spoken when the NPC is Actor 2, never Actor 1. in fact, I don't think I've seen any NPCs talking as Actor 1 when having sex with my character. Even mods I've just downloaded and seem like they should be talking based on their dialogue files are totally silent when in the dominant position. 

Is there any way to specify to the game that some lines should be only spoken if the NPC is Actor 1/2? 

Also, I noticed in your template that the lines begin with spaces. In files for some other mods, though, I've seen them start with tabs. Is there any significnce to this? Should I stick with one system over the other?

Well, i thought i explained that part in the dialogue tuts? Must've skimmed over it a bit, gotta detail it a bit better.

Actor 1 dialogue is usually, blank, for all positions except doggy. If a species skips default dialogue, they usually also don't have that either. Here's why;

image.png.952aad54335195190382b942f3e3667e.png
See the red part? That's the actor 1 dialogue. It's like that in most files because it is blank.

Doggy is the only position that has lines for actor 1 in the base API dialogues, so that's a good base to understand it-- it's the same structure as actor 2, just in reverse when referring to "other". EG: Actor 1 <species><gender><position> file will be checked upon to give them actor 1 dialogue, and not the same file as the actor 2, so a male avian fucking a human female would still refer to avianmale.config in that position's dialogue folder, and use the first structure for their dialogues (The one shown in the image above).

The second one, well, i just prefer spaces, because they don't vary much between editing software/platform in terms of size and spacing. config files accept tabs as spaces, and ignore them, so it's fine either way, but like i said earlier, tabs will sometimes be different sizes depending on program/platform. When i transfer my dialogues from files in my PC to the dialogue project Git, they all seem to get massive spacing as a result because it tabs the hell out of them.
TL;DR: It doesn't matter, either/or is fine. Even mixing might be fine.

Ah, that makes sense. I saw the empty slots in a lot of the files, and I was mildly confused about what they were. Looking at the Avian dialogue for doggy now, and it's all making sense.

I admit, I kind of skimmed over your guide, but I saw the part referring to the first 4 brackets as Actor 1. It just didn't really click that the second set was Actor 2 as well. Whoops.

Thanks for the help and speedy reply. Hopefully I can get this working now!

5 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

Could I have some clarification on this? What would I change it to if I wanted the player to always be dominant, as a futa character?

I'd have to basically teach you how to code for that, but simply put, "is futa, then re-order actors", "unless actor1 is futa". That's all that comes to mind.

Re-writing sections of code isn't just a "just change this". It's like asking "i can see you have lungs, how do i just make it so you don't need them?"-- Long shot, but accurate analogy; Not a simple 2-step process anyone can do. I took a year of working with it and i still can't solve many of the issues i have with it, or make whatever i want.

So I seem to be having issue after I edit the enablePregnancyFetish and allowmultipleimpregnation to be true. by the way I use notepad on my laptop to open starbound-sexbound-3.10.0
After I edit those, I save the file and try launching my game once more and it give me error code
Fatal Exception caught: (ApplicationException) Application threw exception during startup

follow by multiple long line of code

so I try to edit the value back to false but the error still pop up. However once I redownload the mod again and put it in the mod folder the game seem to work again
Do you know how I can fix this?

18 minutes ago, Neltharain said:

So I seem to be having issue after I edit the enablePregnancyFetish and allowmultipleimpregnation to be true. by the way I use notepad on my laptop to open starbound-sexbound-3.10.0
After I edit those, I save the file and try launching my game once more and it give me error code
Fatal Exception caught: (ApplicationException) Application threw exception during startup

follow by multiple long line of code

so I try to edit the value back to false but the error still pop up. However once I redownload the mod again and put it in the mod folder the game seem to work again
Do you know how I can fix this?

Made a very big statement in bold letters in the config section for that. Please.

Use the UNPAK version for config changes, there are other ways to do this but editing .pak files in notepad is literally destroying them, it's like opening a PNG or ZIP in notepad and changing the scrabble of letters in there and hoping the file will read the same. Please do not do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding editing some file paths in the sexbound.config file. I've been trying to set the file path for the emotes of the humans during sex.

image.png.d017856a047185999ed105688d1698bf.png

I tried to change the highlighted path to the same that the other artwork is set to, and made sure to place the emote.png file in the correct folder. So far, I've only put the emote.png in the human folder for both actors 1 and 2, but when I or NPCs initiate sex in the game, they do not emote. Perhaps you could help me?

1 hour ago, Ardemos said:

Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding editing some file paths in the sexbound.config file. I've been trying to set the file path for the emotes of the humans during sex.

I tried to change the highlighted path to the same that the other artwork is set to, and made sure to place the emote.png file in the correct folder. So far, I've only put the emote.png in the human folder for both actors 1 and 2, but when I or NPCs initiate sex in the game, they do not emote. Perhaps you could help me?

So you put it in the artwork folder... but didn't include the "artwork" in the path? That's all that jumps at me at the moment.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

So you put it in the artwork folder... but didn't include the "artwork" in the path? That's all that jumps at me at the moment.

Sorry, I should have been much clearer.

The path described in the screenshot is the original path the mod comes with as is. I changed it to "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/emote.png" and put the corresponding file in the folder where all the sex scenes' artwork is kept in. However, the problem is that when NPCs or my character have sex in-game, they do not perform any emotes, my question is if one has to edit something else besides the sexbound.config file for the changes to take effect?