HOW DO, HOW MAKE, HOW CAN! (Pending updates, waiting!)

1 hour ago, Ardemos said:

Sorry, I should have been much clearer.

The path described in the screenshot is the original path the mod comes with as is. I changed it to "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/emote.png" and put the corresponding file in the folder where all the sex scenes' artwork is kept in. However, the problem is that when NPCs or my character have sex in-game, they do not perform any emotes, my question is if one has to edit something else besides the sexbound.config file for the changes to take effect?

You shouldn't have to, if you need, you can always drop a log and i can take a read into it.

3 minutes ago, Ardemos said:

Here it is.

It seems to have something to do with being unable to load frames from the laugh emote.

Ah, i see. You've put the emote file there, but didn't include a emote.frames. The frames file is required to tell the game what each frame in the sheet of animations is, in this case, each frame of each emote. Otherwise, it's looking for "Laugh.1" and "Laugh.2" in a sheet that only has "missionary" and such.

(AssetException) No such frame laugh.2 in frames spec /artwork/default.frames

You can find the required file in the base game's humanoid folder for any species.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, so I've been having this issue where for some reason modded races aren't playing moan sounds during sex. I'm using the latest version of Sexbound (3.14)and I definitely have all the right configs for the plugin to work. I've made sure that each species mod has a moan.config.patch file as well as the other necessary pieces, but nothing I do seems to work. I even got the most up-to-date species support mod I could find to try and copy from, but to no avail. Vanilla races work just fine though.

I've been at this for a few hours now and I'm completely stumped. Got any ideas?

4 hours ago, Rapifessor said:

Hi, so I've been having this issue where for some reason modded races aren't playing moan sounds during sex. I'm using the latest version of Sexbound (3.14)and I definitely have all the right configs for the plugin to work. I've made sure that each species mod has a moan.config.patch file as well as the other necessary pieces, but nothing I do seems to work. I even got the most up-to-date species support mod I could find to try and copy from, but to no avail. Vanilla races work just fine though.

I've been at this for a few hours now and I'm completely stumped. Got any ideas?

There is a implementation issue with 3.14 (Since about 3.9 I believe?) where the moan module doesn't work because Loc wrote a new way to pull the moans from the species (See the API's UNPAK, inside the "species" folder) which lead to internal errors that prevent both the moan and emote module from working properly (Only for modded races though). I've already fixed this by simply rolling it back to a working one, and i would post the test (3.14.3 by now) version here but it's full of other changes that don't jive well, and uncertain fixes. (((Curse you pregnancy module!)))

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

There is a implementation issue with 3.14 (Since about 3.9 I believe?) where the moan module doesn't work because Loc wrote a new way to pull the moans from the species (See the API's UNPAK, inside the "species" folder) which lead to internal errors that prevent both the moan and emote module from working properly (Only for modded races though). I've already fixed this by simply rolling it back to a working one, and i would post the test (3.14.3 by now) version here but it's full of other changes that don't jive well, and uncertain fixes. (((Curse you pregnancy module!)))

Ah, heck. I was afraid it might be something like that. Well, at least I know what the problem is now. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Okay so I've been trying to add support for a custom species, sprites and "normal" sex animations seem to work just fine, however after a lot of digging around I found that apparently I have the same issue as Ardemos, since the .log file has a very similar error.

I've tried launching the game with the emote.frames file in various locations, such as the species' folder and the sexbound species' folder, however that did nothing.

What should the exact location be for that file?

18 minutes ago, RatFox said:

Okay so I've been trying to add support for a custom species, sprites and "normal" sex animations seem to work just fine, however after a lot of digging around I found that apparently I have the same issue as Ardemos, since the .log file has a very similar error.

I've tried launching the game with the emote.frames file in various locations, such as the species' folder and the sexbound species' folder, however that did nothing.

What should the exact location be for that file?

I'd like to take a look at the logs if you don't mind, and well, usually the emote.frames is just tied to the species itself, inside it's humanoid folder. Of course, in the base you usually don't need to include them because either they're there already or just get assumed by another default.frames file in a upper folder. The emote part of the support isn't supposed to be separate from the species, and is supposed to be the same as the normal game's emotes for that species. If that's not the case then something maybe wonky with either your install or the race has an oddly specific setup (EG: a old Lucario bug that made their hairs never show up during testing, because their hairs were set in a different manner than the rest of the species. There's always room for new bugs sadly.)

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

I'd like to take a look at the logs if you don't mind, and well, usually the emote.frames is just tied to the species itself, inside it's humanoid folder. Of course, in the base you usually don't need to include them because either they're there already or just get assumed by another default.frames file in a upper folder. The emote part of the support isn't supposed to be separate from the species, and is supposed to be the same as the normal game's emotes for that species. If that's not the case then something maybe wonky with either your install or the race has an oddly specific setup (EG: a old Lucario bug that made their hairs never show up during testing, because their hairs were set in a different manner than the rest of the species. There's always room for new bugs sadly.)

Okay so, between now and the last time I checked the log I have done some changes, such as placing the emote.frames file and copy and pasting the scripts folder into the species' support folder. For some reason there's no more log entry for that anymore, however the emote playing is still the wrong one, I have honestly no clue on what I did there. Also keep in mind that I have a LOT of mods installed, so perhaps you shouldn't go through this log for now as it might just be a waste of time, I'll retry from scratch and only keep the necessary mods next.

starbound.log

Okay I ran the game again and this time this showed up in the log, I don't know what changed, but here's a log with the actual error!

"[20:58:36.412] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:oh.2', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:oh.2 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames"

starbound.log

4 hours ago, RatFox said:

Okay I ran the game again and this time this showed up in the log, I don't know what changed, but here's a log with the actual error!

"[20:58:36.412] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:oh.2', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:oh.2 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames"

starbound.log 191.35 kB · 0 downloads

Oh, that error is perfectly normal, but the issue itself has nothing to do with it, i can tell you that. That usually happens when the mod can't find the emote file, i'm surprised it has an actual default. I can't grasp the actual issue however, from the logs + description. If you are still getting emotes showing up during animations at all, then those are the ones it's finding somehow...

We can discuss this for a while, but so far it sounds like it's a non-issue issue? As in, it's not a problematic thing in the API, Just this one support appears to be having this happen. I don't know the race, the details, and the sheer volume of mods and errors you have scare me.

Hahahah, sorry to scare you, you can blame my friends for the amount of mods.

Anyway, I uninstalled everything but the sex mods, the issue still occurs...

HOWEVER! I think I might have found the issue! I tried recoloring the emote spreadsheet with neon colors, and now I can see that the emotes playing are the correct ones, as you said.

Which means that the issue, I think, is that the race mod itself has some issues replacing the colors of the emote during sex with the correct ones, as otherwise emotes don't have issues displaying the correct colors. 

Which brings me to another thing I've noticed: For some reason even if I replace all the base colors in the .species file with a different color than the initial one, it does nothing. I could probably even leave it blank, and it will still use the default colors. Maybe it has something to do with that?

11 hours ago, RatFox said:

Hahahah, sorry to scare you, you can blame my friends for the amount of mods.

Anyway, I uninstalled everything but the sex mods, the issue still occurs...

HOWEVER! I think I might have found the issue! I tried recoloring the emote spreadsheet with neon colors, and now I can see that the emotes playing are the correct ones, as you said.

Which means that the issue, I think, is that the race mod itself has some issues replacing the colors of the emote during sex with the correct ones, as otherwise emotes don't have issues displaying the correct colors. 

Which brings me to another thing I've noticed: For some reason even if I replace all the base colors in the .species file with a different color than the initial one, it does nothing. I could probably even leave it blank, and it will still use the default colors. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Are you making a new character after making such changes to the .species file? Because your player character will save all their "color replacements" in their own data instead of referring back to the existing .species file as you'd imagine... Blame it on CF for good game design there lol

If yes, then all i can say is, make sure the hex-codes of the colors you want to replace are listed in the colors to be replaced in the .species file accordingly, in all entries.

For the dialogue, is there a list of states that the actors can be in? So far I can only just go ahead and guess at some of the more obvious things like "climaxing", "default", and that strapon state I remember seeing.

7 hours ago, CommanderAli said:

For the dialogue, is there a list of states that the actors can be in? So far I can only just go ahead and guess at some of the more obvious things like "climaxing", "default", and that strapon state I remember seeing.

In the base API, without extra mods to add in extra ones, we simply have "default", "pregnant", "climaxing" and a few other in-API statuses like "futanari", "talking", "moaning" and such.

There's a little script i once hooked up to the actor script to output the current statuses in the log, whenever they changed. Safe to say, it was a whole lotta' spam, but it got the information through.

Of course, any worn item can add any status, so if you want to add your own little twist from clothing to dialogue, it's possible if you use patch methods to add entries to the dialogue files, which is overly complicated and a pain in the ass, but the results are undeniably universal (So long as the API works)

• 5 months later...

Sorry if this has been answered before, but running into less of a problem and more of an inconvenience. I run a mixture of supported and unsupported races in conjunction with Naturally Horny in my game, and unsupported races keep becoming human to have sex before swapping back, when I'd much rather they not be affected at all. I don't remember this issue back in early 2.x.x versions (maybe 2.0 exactly), which was what I used prior to a long hiatus from Starbound. Is it possible to entirely exclude races from script hooks or disable the defaulting behavior? It's a little tiring seeing a stranger going to town on one of my merchants, only for that stranger to morph into a pony and trot off home ;)

13 hours ago, Azure Fang said:

Sorry if this has been answered before, but running into less of a problem and more of an inconvenience. I run a mixture of supported and unsupported races in conjunction with Naturally Horny in my game, and unsupported races keep becoming human to have sex before swapping back, when I'd much rather they not be affected at all. I don't remember this issue back in early 2.x.x versions (maybe 2.0 exactly), which was what I used prior to a long hiatus from Starbound. Is it possible to entirely exclude races from script hooks or disable the defaulting behavior? It's a little tiring seeing a stranger going to town on one of my merchants, only for that stranger to morph into a pony and trot off home ;)

Well, they are all NPC's, they are all affected by the script. Detecting whether a race is supported or not is something that would greatly benefit the API, to be run on several external scripts, but not something i've seen done. (EG: Defeat checking if the monster has support before triggering and making either the monster or the defeatee invincible).

You can however mess with the options in the Sexbound Config, the main one, and select what race's artwork it takes from when a race is unsupported.

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, they are all NPC's, they are all affected by the script. Detecting whether a race is supported or not is something that would greatly benefit the API, to be run on several external scripts, but not something i've seen done. (EG: Defeat checking if the monster has support before triggering and making either the monster or the defeatee invincible).

You can however mess with the options in the Sexbound Config, the main one, and select what race's artwork it takes from when a race is unsupported.

An unfortunate, but perfectly understandable, answer. I'll just have to deal with a handful of randomly polymorphing tenants, since the only race that's jarring enough to worry about is non-humanoid and thus doesn't really fit into any other artwork as a fallback. Thanks all the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 6:57 AM, SexyKnight said:

how to  adjust animation speed because the super fast animation is such a turn off :']

animation speeds are set in the position files. Namely, "minTempo" and "maxTempo", they dictate the animation speed, and the idea is, if i remember correctly, to start at Minimum Tempo and accelerate towards Max Tempo.
image.png.fa3144d940828b14df131b979c4a0cb0.png