Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

@Aylis Hope you are doing much better. Wish you the best.

Been working on redoing my FO4 install to this guide while I wait on the AE mess to get all sorted on my Skyrim install :D

For the bodyslide for the Cross Institute Expeditionary Suit... the link is pointing instead to files for the Chosen of Atom outfit not the IEX suit

@kesryth

Better don't ask... You might get an honest answer... ;)

But i'm keeping my humor. :)

With all the meds i'm doing the same. The Skyrim AE mess is atm way too volatile for my taste and i don't want to totally screw up the guide.

Oooops. Told you, way too many meds and 'happy-pills'. ;) Fixed

Edited by Aylis

Ok, downloaded the bodyslide for the Expeditionary suit from the link and confirmed it is the same files as the ones for the Children of Atom outfit so that's no bueno.. and a google search doesn't give me any good results for them either.

CROSS Institute Expeditionary Suit for FG (Direct Link) = https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/672920558471479297/883230654786048060/CROSS_Chosen_Of_Atom_for_Fusion_Girl-37903-1-80-1621542596.7z

Don't suppose anyone has a link for the FG bodyslides for the IEX do they?

Reworked post #1 and #2.

Added more informations so you'll know what to expect.

So far there are two armors left that don't have a preset for FG. Best case i can do them myself - worst case i have to ask for assistance...

The update for Hotel Rexford got way too many conflicts. Too bad it didn't work out.

I could swear i tested the 'Toxic Raider Armour' before. With the bodyslide presets i give it another go even if it needs a few addons/patches. This will add a bit variation to the raiders.

Tried half of the day to create presets for the two missing armors... No luck with that. Put up a request for help with them, hopefully something can be done about those two. Impossible atm as a required function is bugged in the 'Outfit Studio'.

Updated the information for 'Better Settlers' to prevent a bug.

Got 'Fixed Hotel Rexford' working (it wasn't the problem).

Edited by Aylis

Planned changes (this is not certain yet)

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

Modern Weapon Replacer - Heckler Und Koch MP5 Complex                         Update causes visual glitches

Mods to be added

Spoiler

Fixed Hotel Rexford                                                                                           Improvement to the hotel

Black Male Raiders                                                                                             Diversifies the raiders

?Has to be placed above 'Raider Gangs Extended' to get a mix of raiders

[Bodyslide] Piercing Collection FG (Direct Link)                                                Almost missed that one

The Collector's Guides AIO                                                                                Looking good

Grieving Raider - A Most Important Mod                                                         Fixes something that always bothered me

Rocky Satellite Radio - Custom Lofi Pipboy Radio                                            Small player home and a new radio station

?Check first if you like this kind of music.

Combat Zone Restored                                                                                     Restores cut content

Simple Crits Outside of VATS                                                                             Can be useful

?Can be flagged as ESL (See 'Final')

Thompson SMG Replacer

Working on

Spoiler

☑️Simple Crits Outside of VATS 

Nuka-World Collectable Quest Markers                                                            Got to get to Nukaworld

☑️Rocky Satellite Radio - Custom Lofi Pipboy Radio

Better LOD (already included)                                                                           Still looking good

Custom Camera                                                                                                 Need needed without the other mod

True First person Camera                                                                                   Too buggy

Bright Bluff - Settlement                                                                                    Like the idea

Improved Raider Bosses                                                                                    Got to get to Nukaworld

Toxic Raider Armour                                                                                          Isn't recognized by AAF (aka stays on during scenes)

Toxic Raider Armor worn by NPCs
[Bodyslide] Toxic Raider Armour - BodyTalk3 Bodyslide Files

[Bodyslide] Toxic Raider Armour - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Edited by Aylis

Merry Christmas to everyone I hope you all had a good day. 

@Aylis After some experimentation I've found the cause of my physics issues at least. If my FPS drops to around 30 my physics will start to work correctly, the only 'fix' I can find at the moment is to lock my fps to 30.

Edit: After checking out the nexus forums a bit more it seems that the gravity is indeed tied to FPS, so at 60 your bodyslide would need less or none of the push up effect to look right, slightly annoying but easy enough to work around now I know what the cause is.

Spoiler

Capture.JPG.c878425d854f4957ca7605ce9f61a629.JPG

Edited by Skag
More Information
On 7/28/2019 at 4:12 AM, Aylis said:

Last Update: 20 Dec 2021

@Aylis A very well put together list. I can imagine it took countless hours to prepare and format the post so neatly. It has been very useful to see which mods are ideal for the game and I've incorporated into my playthrough. So thank you very much for this guide. I never really used mods in the past so it's fun to see how immersive the world can really get.

EDIT: The list has saved me so much time at your own expense of putting it together, thank you once again for this!

Edited by HoneryCuaseImDub

@Skag

That does explain the problems i had in the beginning...

Thankfully the switch from DX11 to Vulcan did help with that. Now it is much smoother and i found the setting for the system i got here. 

@HoneryCuaseImDub

Glad you like it. :)

There will still be a few smaller changes coming up, but the guide is almost complete. The last bigger thing is reworking all the patches for icons (which will take a lot of time to create). But we're almost there. ;)

The new radio station is working fine. But the added music is a bit different, so i'll add a link to enable you to decide if you like that style.

banana.gif.8ab476f3f824686d962b0927ddec2dd5.gifPAAARTYbanana.gif.8ab476f3f824686d962b0927ddec2dd5.gif We finally got a release date for 'Ivy 6.0'!

Combat Zone Restored is working fine too. Will be added.

Simple Crits Outside of VATS will get added (as an optional one) too. It doesn't have the huge impact that i thought it had.

The last update to 'Modern Weapon Replacer - Heckler Und Koch MP5 Complex' broke 'Heckler Und Koch MP5 Complex'. Suddenly we get floating barrels and the guards in Goodneighbor still act as if they had their old Thompson SMG.

So i'll remove the replacer and add the mod 'Thompson SMG Replacer'. Not a perfect solution, but this way we're still able to find the MP5 on enemies outside of settlements and the visual glitches in Goodneighbor are fixed too.

Edited by Aylis

Last update

Updating Status to '3.1.0'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

Fixing new bugs and adding finishing touches.

Mods to RERUN

Bashed Patch

Removed mods:

Spoiler

Armor

Tactical Armor kit                                                                                               Close to the used bodyslide, but no morphs.

Armor and Weapons Override

MWR - Heckler Und Koch MP5 Complex                                                          Update causes visual glitches

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Textures

Nuka Recipe Book 2K Retextures (Nuka World)

Animation

Reanimation Pack for Combat Shotgun and Rifle

Armor

GITS Motoko Kusanagi outfit                                                                            Old but still good

GITS Matte Patch

GITS Camo Retexture                                                                                        Adds options to the armor

[Bodyslide] GITS BodySlide Files For Fusion Girl

[Bodyslide] Piercing Collection FG (Direct Link)                                                Almost missed that one

Override

Grieving Raider - A Most Important Mod                                                         Fixes a behavior that has always bothered me

Black Male Raiders                                                                                            Diversifies the raiders

Simple Crits Outside of VATS                                                                             Will be useful in the later stages of the game

Building

Magazine Rack Extended                                                                                  Fixes another thing that has always annoyed me. 

New Shack Walls

Patches

The Collector's Guides AIO                                                                                Helps a lot finding collectables

Nuka-World Collectable Quest Markers                                                                                   ''

Weapon Scrapping Redone                                                                               Adds some common sense

Armor and Weapons Override

Thompson SMG Replacer                                                                                  Nice update to vanilla

MWM4 updated animation pack                                                                       Improved animations

Final

Combat Zone Restored                                                                                     Restores cut content

Bright Bluff - Settlement                                                                                    A challenge for those who like to build settlements

Egret Tours Marina Interior Buildings                                                                Opens up previously closed spots

Fixed Hotel Rexford                                                                                           Improvement to the hotel

Rocky Satellite Radio - Custom Lofi Pipboy Radio                                            Small player home and a new radio station

?Check first if you like this kind of music.

Uploads

None atm.

To Do

Spoiler

Update to 'Red Rocket Starter'                                                                           Fixes for the updated mods

Last update to 'Predone Bodyslides'                                                                  Now the armors are finished too Done

Reworking the patches for icons

Updates

Aylis Character Pack

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.1.0 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

Trying to find something nice for Ivy i tested 'Fortaleza 2'. Sadly this, or better said the bodyslides, isn't working yet.

Spoiler

enb2021_12_30_16_34_12.jpg.28d310bce7a9ecada3915efad1346259.jpg

I'll have to keep an eye on that mod as it would be, once finished, perfect for Ivy.

I've been using the 'Tactical Armor Kit' for quite some time now and just saw that it doesn't have any bodyslide support. The preset the OA used is so close to my own (i even used it as a preview) that i only noticed it when the morphs were not working. So i'll propably replace it with the 'Desert Operator'. That mod seems to have enough variations to be a suitable replacement. 

Tried both operator packs and both have enough drawbacks that they won't be useful for us. The BDU also got no bodyslides. So i guess we have to stick with the 'Tactical Armor Kit'. For now it still seems to be the best solution...

Found a solution in the old GITS Motoko Kusanagi outfit. We get a bodyslide and a few options for textures and modifications. Replaced 'TAK'. Done

For the MW4 is an animation pack available. I'll add it to the guide and the last status update. Done

@All

For the predone bodyslides. Do you prefer separate files for the optional armors or a single file with everything included?

Edited by Aylis
11 hours ago, Aylis said:

Found a solution in the old GITS Motoko Kusanagi outfit. We get a bodyslide and a few options for textures and modifications. Replaced 'TAK'. Done

Had issues with the bodyslides for the GITS outfit due to them not fitting with the newer fusion girl body when i ran them for my preset, but fortunately about half done fixing them for FG 1.75+ :D

Loving this list so far, and the CRP is a hella change over the base game environment. Love the overgrowth!

I had no problem with the info provided, though i did check out the discord and found there are some recommended INI file tweaks for CRP so I put those in.

Spoiler

From ShadowOfTheWind's Discord:

Setting up your .INI files
  -Fallout4.ini

[General]
    bBorderRegionsEnabled=0
    bUseCombinedObjects=1
    bUsePreCreatedSCOL=1
    bPreCulledObjectsEnabled=1

[Grass]
    bAllowCreateGrass=1
    bAllowLoadGrass=1
    fGrassFadeRange=x (X=fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance   X can be found in Fallout4pref.ini)
    iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15 (for stability Purposes keep this setting at 15)
    iMinGrassSize=20 (this dictates your grass density level. 20 is maximum. 48 is Default. 60 is very little to no grass)

If you are experiencing a texture bug. Where object appear to be stuck in LOD form. This is not a bug from my mod. my mod is simply so heavy on VRAM that you require a certain ini tweak.

iTextureUpgradeDistance1=7500
    iTextureUpgradeDistance0=5000
    iTextureDegradeDistance1=7500
    iTextureDegradeDistance0=5000
    Remove these tweaks if they are present in your ini files

bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=0
    fUpdateTextureTime=1.0000
    bAllowTextureFallback=0
    Add these under [General] in all three ini files

iTexMipMapSkip=0
    put that under display in fallout4.pref.ini

My issue with the GITS bodyslides was mainly with the last two outfits (leotard ones) the body did not change when i changed my preset, so i just converted it from the old body reference to the newer FG reference, and got it happy for my setup. I also added Zaps for the implants, as it doesn't fit my character to have those show up on certain outfits.

2 hours ago, kesryth said:

My issue with the GITS bodyslides was mainly with the last two outfits (leotard ones) the body did not change when i changed my preset, so i just converted it from the old body reference to the newer FG reference, and got it happy for my setup. I also added Zaps for the implants, as it doesn't fit my character to have those show up on certain outfits.

There was a change with fusion girl somewhere around v1.6/17ish, that in effect made it so that bodyslide files previous to that version may have to be redone, what they really meant was anything that used the body slot had to be redone because they changed the body reference file name, they basically updated and changed quite a few things in fusion girl, some bodyslide files have been updated others may not be, look for bodyslide files that require hmm, I think v1.7 of fusion girl on wards to work properly, before that you would need to update them yourselves to the new body reference like you have done so here. 

I switched back to CBBE from fusion girl specifically for this reason, nor will I change back to fusion girl, quite a few bodyslide file creators stated then that they would update to the new body, but only when they had time, quite a few still have not done so, some even stated they would not do so at all, shrugs, I do not really keep an eye of fusion girl any more though at one point I did, so I have no idea which have been updated and which have not, I do not care.

Edited by Varithina

@Varithina

The problem with CBBE is that you need quite a few additional mods to get it working properly (extra textures, kneefix, genderspecific skeleton, etc). In the end it was way more hassle to get it working with the mods here from LL. With FG it is just installing it and you're done.

The only drawback with FG, and thats where i agree with you, are the presets for armors. Although there's a thread for it the choices are relatively limited and the FG conversion for some mods are still hard to find. 

After the 'Nexucalypse' FG was moved here to LL. This might, in the long run, hurt FG quite a bit. If we like it or not, Nexus has become quite important to modding and every mod that doesn't show up there loses a part of its audience. I propably would have kept an old version on Nexus and pointed to another site for updates and new developments. Just having a presence there would have made sure that 'newer' modusers know about it too. But thats something the OA have to decide for themselves...

Anyway, as it is now i think FG is the way to go. What comes up later is to be seen and it is even possible (although unlikely) that i might switch back to CBBE again. 

24 minutes ago, Aylis said:

The problem with CBBE is that you need quite a few additional mods to get it working properly (extra textures, kneefix, genderspecific skeleton, etc). In the end it was way more hassle to get it working with the mods here from LL. With FG it is just installing it and you're done.

Odd I have had less hassle getting aaf to work with cbbe than I ever did with fusion girl, there again, I simply do not update the aaf install section at all anymore, it works it will stay working until I decide to restart, then I will update and change the install for aaf, to be honest though as a framework I find aaf to be the flakiest one I have ever met, pretty much any update of any part of the files used by it kills it, which to me says there is something wrong with the framework itself, it should not stop working completely, the various add on and animation packs yes, the framework itself no.

@Varithina

You're so right about that. My first guide here was about getting AAF to work, and then i had to redo it again and again and again...

Thankfully we now got a guide for AAF which is done by several people. Way less work for me (i don't have to do support or run tests for new stuff). 

I definitely don't miss having to do this.

Spoiler

Almost final results (see below)

Rise of the penis - OK (Except Deathclaw: needed morphs not available atm (confirmed by a mod author))

Using Furniture - OK

Companion Intercourse - OK (Male: OK - Female: OK)

Deathclaw intercourse - OK (F/M: OK  - M/M: afaik no animation available atm) 

Dog intercourse - OK

Feral intercourse - OK

Ghoul intercourse - OK

Human intercourse - OK

NPC intercourse - OK

Supermutant intercourse - OK 
TD - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

PS - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

DD - OK (Application: OK - Shop: OK)

KF - OK 

FPE - OK (Belly: OK - Baby: OK - Informations: OK - Quests: OK - Start: OK)

CWSS - OK (Animations: OK - Buffs: OK - Shower: OK - Singing: OK - Toilet: OK)

MCM - OK (Everything shows up and works)

VIS-G - OK
RSE - OK (Assault: OK - Abductions: OK - BN: OK - Bounty: OK - Book: OK - Brothel: OK - Infamy: OK - Informations: OK - Items: OK - Shenanigans: OK)

SEU - OK

Missing Actors - none so far

Missing Animations - none so far

Missing Objects - gone 
Animation Failure - gone
Boxer Shorts - gone

The grey ones were confirmed working by someone else (will still recheck it).

I'll start to split the predone bodyslides (using my preset) so each optional armor gets its own download. It's a bit more work for me but you won't have to download something you don't need.

So in a day or two i'll have the final version of  FO4B - Aylis Fusion Girl Preset (Face/Body/Armor) uploaded.

Edited by Aylis

I hate the CreateTexture2D crashes.. such a pain to find cause when buffout doesn't give a crash log.

Finally decided to get around to visiting concord to move preston's stuff along, and of course as soon as i try to enter the museum of freedom.. crash.. consistently.

Not sure why it throws a texture crash, but since only a handful of mods appear to modify that interior, hoping i can find which one is responsible

@kesryth

That shouldn't happen. 

Hmmm, maybe the pack from luxor and CRP have a hidden conflict?

The mod Bright Bluff - Settlement is a real challenge. Building in a radioactive zone with all the creatures around... Only fools (or the children of atom) would attempt to settle there. Moving it from 'Still working on' to 'Mods added'. Done

Now its off to Nuka World to check on the last two mods...

Checked the last two mods:

Improved Raider Bosses would require me to add even more hairstyles but we already got too many, so nope.

Nuka-World Collectable Quest Markers works fine and will be added.

Found two little ones which are a nice addition:

Weapon Scrapping Redone this just makes sense.

Magazine Rack Extended fixes another thing that has always annoyed me. 

Making the required changes to the status update and the guide. Done

Starting to compare my own build to the guide (just in case i missed something)... 

Missed mods:

Nuka Recipe Book 2K Retextures (Nuka World)

Reanimation Pack for Combat Shotgun and Rifle

New Shack Walls

Making the required changes to the status update and the guide. Done

Edited by Aylis

@All

For now the guide is finished and no other changes planned.

All i have left is reworking and uploading some of my own mods, checking updates and of course answering questions should they arise...

But for the rest of the evening i got a date with Ivy... and can finally start a playthrough.

Edited by Aylis