On 7/6/2019 at 10:31 PM, Raana said:

I've actually been wondering about it as well. Nearing mid-game with my empire's secondary species having pony power, but I haven't had access to anything beyond that yet.

There wasn't a deposit in my home system, though that may be due to it being either the Sol system (Earth starts with special tailored deposits in the vanilla game) a custom tweaked Sol starting cluster or both, and while I've found deposits in other systems the research to exploit them has never shown up. Even used the research_all_technologies console code which gives all techs you qualify for and it still wasn't on the completed lists.

I haven't used Pony Power, but I've used the other magical-granting trait with my species of psionic elves (primary, no secondary species), and it works just fine.  I rarely use the Ritual Room, but I've used the Fertility Ritual on new worlds, and the magical building as well.  So is just Pony Power messed up? 

1 hour ago, snarfies said:

I haven't used Pony Power, but I've used the other magical-granting trait with my species of psionic elves (primary, no secondary species), and it works just fine.  I rarely use the Ritual Room, but I've used the Fertility Ritual on new worlds, and the magical building as well.  So is just Pony Power messed up? 

Wouldn't say messed up so much as it has an oversight. I imagine the other magic trait would have a similar problem.

Did some testing and it works fine as long as Pony Power belongs to the primary species of the empire. So if you're playing an empire that's themed as just being ponies, or even ponies with humans living among them for example you'll still get the techs and stuff like intended.

However, if it's reversed and the ponies are the secondary species, for example ponies living among humans on Earth, none of the magic features are available. Which is the issue I'm running into.

Edit: Yep, I changed

potential = {
		OR = {
			has_trait = trait_pony_power
			has_trait = trait_magically_gifted
			has_trait = trait_emotionovores
		}
	}

to

potential = {
		any_owned_pop = {
			OR = {
				has_trait = trait_pony_power
				has_trait = trait_magically_gifted
				has_trait = trait_emotionovores
			}
		}
	}

in all of the technologies, and the techs became available to my empire.

Most of these are personal tweaks to the feral portraits (I occasionally like having Twilight, Celestia and Luna as regular leaders in my mixed human/pony empires), but I adjusted one of Twilight's and some of Luna's portraits so they're actually centered in the normal leader portrait frames.

Also, not sure if you've come across the two of them, but I found a pair of images for Celestia and Rainbow that I just had to add to my own game. ?

Spoiler

pegaF28.png.3f477f771315e70643dfa2a37bbe7e0d.png

FERceleF3.png.8d83ab0cec63567aff85a51901b30ad3.png

Feral Pony Tweaks.rar

On 7/14/2019 at 3:59 PM, Rogelio11 said:

hey Big Mommy :)

any chance on doing a patch by using the Species Engineering [2.2] mod by  Cray935 ?

so we can spawn the smutty space ponies on uncolonized planets  as a primitive civilization :D 

Ah, I've never really played with that mod ever, so... probably not? Patches are like on the very bottom of my to-do list, somethin' i'll only really consider doing once I've got this mod more fleshed out content wise.

2 hours ago, Raana said:

Most of these are personal tweaks to the feral portraits (I occasionally like having Twilight, Celestia and Luna as regular leaders in my mixed human/pony empires), but I adjusted one of Twilight's and some of Luna's portraits so they're actually centered in the normal leader portrait frames.

Also, not sure if you've come across the two of them, but I found a pair of images for Celestia and Rainbow that I just had to add to my own game. ?

Hide contents

pegaF28.png.3f477f771315e70643dfa2a37bbe7e0d.png

FERceleF3.png.8d83ab0cec63567aff85a51901b30ad3.png

Feral Pony Tweaks.rar 672.98 kB · 2 downloads

And also thanks! More portraits is pretty rad, and I might just take a peak at your tweaks, see if there's something I might like and add it.

I do plan on making a seperate portrait mod for this, just cutting them out from the magic stuff I've got added. I've been pretty slow though, so... We'll see when that happens.

6 minutes ago, Big Mommy said:

And also thanks! More portraits is pretty rad, and I might just take a peak at your tweaks, see if there's something I might like and add it.

I do plan on making a seperate portrait mod for this, just cutting them out from the magic stuff I've got added. I've been pretty slow though, so... We'll see when that happens.

Been considering making adjustments to some of the other portraits too, because there are some with great views in the empire creator that get cut off in the actual leader portrait frames. I just haven't had the time this last week because I've been breaking in a new computer.

Maybe split between anthro, feral and magic. I've been loving the feral portraits as a placeholder while I work on some show-styled portraits of my own, but I do sort of prefer the twistedscarlett anthros from SSX instead.

The magic aspect is also interesting, if a bit tricky to actually acquire the actual resources for (once I figured out why I wasn't getting the techs). Been tempted to dig into the files though and add some proper icons since they blend in with the vanilla decisions, and maybe add some saucier images to the rituals.

9 minutes ago, Raana said:

Been considering making adjustments to some of the other portraits too, because there are some with great views in the empire creator that get cut off in the actual leader portrait frames. I just haven't had the time this last week because I've been breaking in a new computer.

Maybe split between anthro, feral and magic. I've been loving the feral portraits as a placeholder while I work on some show-styled portraits of my own, but I do sort of prefer the twistedscarlett anthros from SSX instead.

The magic aspect is also interesting, if a bit tricky to actually acquire the actual resources for (once I figured out why I wasn't getting the techs). Been tempted to dig into the files though and add some proper icons since they blend in with the vanilla decisions, and maybe add some saucier images to the rituals.

I definitely plan on doing more with the rituals, it's just sorta a place holder right now. I've just been really slow with adding in the Elements of Harmony. It's not that it's... difficult to actually code them in, it's just that it's a bit tedious doing all of the events and such that I have planned out for 'em. 

Anyways, if you do make some adjustments, like positioning and such, I'd love to see 'em and eventually add 'em in. I think I might also end up asking Toronam if I could use the pony portraits he made. 

Sorry y'all, unfortunately my PC has grown to become rather shit. The semi-recent 64bit update for Stellaris has brought the games performance down to a crawl for me. Games run incredibly slowly and it makes modding and testing the game an absolute pain. Trying to load an old save is even worse. This all has just absolutely ruined my motivation.

I suppose for now I'll put the mod on hiatus, at least for me anyways. If anyone wants to continue what I left off on, or even just wants to add portraits of their own or something, hit me up on the discord and I'll add you to the github I've made for the mod.

Sorry. ❤️

I might pick apart the magic system at some point. Since I think it's a pretty solid foundation to expand on. Just need some inspiration on where to take it.

Sucks about the computer though. I recently had to get a new one myself as I'd been starting to suspect either the memory or hard drive (or both) were on their way out.

7 hours ago, Raana said:

I might pick apart the magic system at some point. Since I think it's a pretty solid foundation to expand on. Just need some inspiration on where to take it.

Sucks about the computer though. I recently had to get a new one myself as I'd been starting to suspect either the memory or hard drive (or both) were on their way out.

If you want, I can send ya some of the magic related stuff I was working on. I didn't get too far, but I added a few new techs and this whole.. interdimensional planet summoning thingy. 

And yeah, having a shitty computer sucks. Especially when you can barely play games you used to be able to run just fine. The issue for me is that I just need a new GPU and CPU, which is gonna be difficult since I've got no cash. 

1 hour ago, Big Mommy said:

If you want, I can send ya some of the magic related stuff I was working on. I didn't get too far, but I added a few new techs and this whole.. interdimensional planet summoning thingy. 

And yeah, having a shitty computer sucks. Especially when you can barely play games you used to be able to run just fine. The issue for me is that I just need a new GPU and CPU, which is gonna be difficult since I've got no cash. 

I wouldn't mind taking a look to see what's there.

Thanks for wonderful Mod. I enjoyed as Changelings, but from newest version, The Magic Crystal Mine produces nothing.

I must get few Crystals from mining station.

Using mods are Lustful Void and Smutty Space Ponies 2.1 only.

What should I do to use Magical buildings?

Plz help me.

20190730012619_1.jpg

• 6 months later...

I uh... made a thing. Don't think a super large number of people will actually want this.

But I added a portrait set for robot ponies, so we can have ponified mechanical civilizations. And I added vore portraits for the consuming swarm playstyle. (There's also some added portraits, and just a few that were removed. This kinda started as a personal modification.

1.9.5:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DeoIj68PYJ8iM7Ow8SH2U3GoiYuYlHAY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiatus for now from what I understand. I was given the dev files to fiddle around with a while back to potentially keep the mod going. However, between getting distracted by other games and some of the recent patches of the game not wanting to work on my computer I haven't really done much with them yet.

That said, the game does work for me now so I did browse through the files finally. I'm probably going to overhaul some of the features a little to add a bit more synergy between them. Particularly the trait / building / ritual synergy. I also found a magic stability system in the dev files that I thought was interesting. Though I'll probably adjust it slightly to fit a thematic idea I had when looking through it.

I need to do another pass on them, particularly the non-pony ones, but I've been restructuring the portraits a little as well. Need to find some male images for the anthro portraits, but the actual pony portrait set is no longer female-only in the version I've started.

Also I've made both pony and anthro image replacers for the loading screens and Lustful Void's events as well. So there's that to look forward to. ?

@Raana Heya Raana. Why not just wait til federations drops? Pretty sure there are gonna be plenty of issues and with it dropping this month it might be better to wait until after that, and then until after the mandatory bug fixes paradox will inevitably have to drop 2-3 weeks after that lol

@Synlaine

I'm not too worried. Most of what I've been working on is basic stuff that is unlikely to change with the expansion. Most notably I've been rebuilding the portrait options to be more organized. Gathered all the pony portraits on the site together, cut a few here and there, and added a whole bunch more.

In particular I've been trying to add male portraits so that the portrait categories have that option. Of course I'm finding it difficult to find decent quality male images to use for portraits, but anthro and feral ponies should have a decent selection at least. Plus there's a set for feral machine pony males now (even if they're just a set of recolors). Also the Mane 6 and sunset each now have a good quality portrait in the feral category too. No guarantees on the other species though. Not sure about leaving the non-pony species as female only, or just outright cutting them with how hard it is to find decent images for them (let alone male ones).

Other than that, I'm mostly focusing on restructuring the magic feature mechanics. So the traits, buildings, techs, etc. Things that are unlikely to break with the expansion. Only about halfway to having what I would consider a working alpha to test in a game myself though. So the expansion could very well launch before I consider uploading anything. Especially since I probably won't have time to work on it this weekend.

@Synlaine

For now, yeah. I actually have a few mods on the workshop that are probably going to need updating after Federations, and one of them is rather large. So I'll probably focus on those once this mod is playable.

Though to be honest the way the existing portrait mods lean towards being all-female or all-male always bugged me a bit. So I actually made a personal mod that mixed a bunch of the portraits from them together. Gives me the option to have both genders under one portrait set that I can split into monogender species at will with LV traits if I want to. Rather than those portraits being split between two portrait sets in two different categories. With the only way to combine them being burning a civic point on syncretic evolution.

Still need to find good male Dranaei, Selachii and Dark Elf portraits for it, but aside from those the result was 21 different portrait sets that had both genders as an option.

@Raana I was gonna ask if ya wanted to work on combining portrait mods to make it where there are male/female for each species that can be modified by LV traits.  So I completely agree it's a bit irritating that you get male/female sets of pics but its either or, not both. Quite frankly I think some used from Xenophilia I think its called and one of the ones that adds male only species can be combined with some of the species from Toronam's. Cause I'm using one that adds male wolves and it'd be nice to have the female side as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Still have a bit of work to do before the updates I'm working on are ready for play testing. Trying to figure out a way to make certain buildings available on a planet only when a specific species trait is present on it. I also need to set up the new rituals, magic stability system, and technology tree.

That said, the portraits are pretty much ready so here's a couple previews of what I've set up for them so far. Each set has both male and female options (though some of the male options are limited in number). Wish I could find more images for reformed changelings though. All I've been able to find so far that's decent-quality is a single image for thorax, a male changeling and a female changeling, and that's it.

Spoiler

sspPrev1.jpg.f87b33fd4f4f560718f991798183e070.jpg

sspPrev2.jpg.f0aa153441abeb9321d3d159f170a1c0.jpg

sspPrev3.jpg.2355500b018f357a2d1377fe26f3bad0.jpg

Also, both anthro and non-anthro loading screen and LV event image replacers are pretty much ready.

So pretty much the "easy part" is done. ?