vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

any way to remove those useless spectators in some stages like the muscles?

i tried to remove them but it crashed my game

just want to see whether that have any effect on my auto graphic reduction problem

thanks

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

I will consider adding stages at some point in the future, I don't know when.

Anyway, from what I saw, stages slot names would be something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

stages.png.c344a0cad2bdc9e45e4572778c16ff4d.png

Mmm, there are 25... but that includes the stages with multiple sections. Like the "MUS" aka museum, you can see it has 3 slots.

Do you need help to know which code name refers to which stage?

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Well, it would be nice to have the codes.

S0101PIR = Forbidden Fortune
S0201BSR = The Throwdown
S0301CRM = Chinese Festival
S0401CLS = DOA Colosseum
S0501PAS = A.P.O.
S0601LBN = Zero
S0701MUS = Unforgettable
S0801LOS = Lost Paradise
S0901WAY = Road Rage
S1101BAM = Miyabi and Hidden Garden
S1201PRO = The Muscle
S1301GYM = Sweat
S1501GRD = The Chamber of Potential

There is also the unused stage S1401TTM = Tatami

It has probably already been mentioned before, but if you play a match in online rank that was found while you are in free training mode, layer 2 mods will not work no matter what you do. I don't know if it is possible to fixt this or not, but it would be a great 'quality of life' change. But I am curious - is anyone else having this problem? (And yes I know the proper way of using layer 2 mods online lol)

7 hours ago, Monkeygigabuster said:

@vagonumero13

Can Redbelle allow to switch material?

or is it possible to swap mesh slot of g1m file

For example I am modding Diego costume 7 (DGO_COS_007) and I want the third mesh/slot to load the texture of first mesh/slot

I am asking so beacause the third mesh is loading body texture and I want to it to have cloth texture instead

There are two ways. One involves hex editing the g1m file. The other is easier, it involves text editing the mtl. The DGO_COS_007.mtl is something like this:

Spoiler

MPR_Muscle_Character_DGOCOS007_a01,0
MPR_Muscle_Character_DGOCOS007_b01,1
MPR_Muscle_Character_DGOCOS007_body,2

You could change it to something like this (assuming it is a01 what you want to swap):

Spoiler

MPR_Muscle_Character_DGOCOS007_a01,0
MPR_Muscle_Character_DGOCOS007_b01,1
MPR_Muscle_Character_DGOCOS007_a01,2

However even after doing that you may end with weird result if the clothes are shiny or whatever.

As a matter of fact, look at this experiment I did a while ago with Nyotengu doing the opposite of what you want, changing clothes into body:

Spoiler

20190603083921_1.jpg.72a1815150e6ced884a905adef70c7a9.jpg

You can see that despite it is loading the body texture, it is still shiny like the clothes. In your case, you may face the opposite problem.

If this happens, it requires to change another section of the g1m file, but can only be currently done with hex-editing. Then the result becomes like this:

Spoiler

20190603084209_1.jpg.2ff19ccbed4baa8ff6c1ebd5a9e5869a.jpg

But this process can't always be done. It works in some cases, in other cases it will create a monster.

Anyway, try first to see what happen changing the mtl. If after that, you face a similar program, I can instruct you on how to hex edit this part of the g1m file, as it is actually easy.

Note however, that in the case of Nyotengu, I didn't change the mtl, instead I did the material swap using hex editing too, because I only wanted some parts of the clothes to become body, not all of them.

9 hours ago, Monkeygigabuster said:

@vagonumero13

I tried to edit the DGO_COS_007.mtl file but the slot still loads body texture

I guess I will have to hex-edit g1m file just like you mentioned

So can you tell me about that

First, search for the following hex string in the file "08 00 01 00", and verify that the result is in a position multiple of 4 (in hex, something is multiple of 4 if it ends in 0, 4, 8 or C)

You will end here: (I'm using DGO_COS_007.g1m as example)

Spoiler

1.png.cac47b248757c2b9da08b66654597719.png

So, now, put yourself 0xC bytes after that (where you see the byte 35), and select 0x38 bytes., like in this image:

Spoiler

2.png.8bf9898832450fa37ad61ef009ac7d64.png

Those 0x38 bytes is a structure that defines the first mesh (mesh 0). After that you can see another 0x38 bytes structure (starting too with bytes 0x35) that defines the second mesh, and after that a third one that defines the third mesh (luckly, this diego costume is so simple it only has 3 meshes). Note: although this structure usually starts with 0x35, and in this g1m it always does, this is not always the case, have that in mind if you work in other file.

So what we need from this structure are the values associated to the material, which are at offset 0xC, 0x10, 0x14  and 0x18 within the structure.

For example, for diego, at offset C of first mesh structure there is a 0, at offset 10, a 3, at offset 14 a 0, and at offset 18 a 0.

In total, this is the lsit of values for each mesh in this g1m:

mesh 0:   0, 3, 0, 0

mesh 1:   1, 3, 1, 1

mesh 2:   2, 3, 2, 2

So to replace the material, just write in the mesh of the body, the data of the mesh of the clothes.

Since in this case, body is mesh 2, and clothes is mesh 0, you want to replace the "2, 3, 2, 2" with "0, 3, 0, 0"

After that, save, and check the g1m file in game before doing anything else. It probably already worked, although you may face the problem I had with Nyotengu but in opposite direction.

If you have that problem, then follow next thing:

Can you see in the iamge those strings with hex numbers with an @ before?  Like "@1FE387E1" and "@DC694116".

Change the "@DC694116" into "@1FE387E1" and check if that works. There is a possibility that you end with a monster,

It is also possible that it is actually the opposite and that you have to replace @1FE387E1 with @DC694116 instead, but test the other way first.

1 hour ago, HyperBob said:

Hi Vagonumero13,

REDELBE doesn't allow swap for broken costume, is it possible to enable it ?

Maybe it will crash the game ?

[General]
type = costume

[Costume]
slot = "KOK_COS_005a"
work = "KOK_COS_007"

It won't crash the game, but it cannot work due to how layer2 currently works.

1 hour ago, Monkeygigabuster said:

@vagonumero13

Thanks for the tutorial,I have swapped material successfully

Can I ask is it possible to make a costume slot don't load the head?

I'm making mod with a helmet 

You can use the 000 slot using the work feature. XXX_COS_000 is always an empty costume, XXX_FACE_000 is always an empty face, and XXX_HAIR_000 is always an empty hair (all of them have the skeleton but not the meshes). I guess you only need the face and hair for this, the COS_000 I guess it could be used for some invisible character mod ?

51 minutes ago, HyperBob said:

When I tried, it was only working for hair, using 000 face crashed the game.

Edit: Tried again and still crash the game:

[General]
type = hair

[Face]
slot = "JAN_FACE_001"
work = "JAN_FACE_000"

I had never tested face, I'd thought it would work. Anyway, another option is to hide all meshes of the face g1m with g1m_hide.

@HyperBob @Monkeygigabuster If you want to delete a face, you don't need to use the work feature of redelbe, but just taking .g1m that doesn't have anything (like the ARD one) and put it in the Character folder of your mod. This is how I did Prototype Raidou

Someone knows how can I get the same hair color of another character? For example I want that Marie's Ponytail gets the same blonde color as Helena's one

25 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

@HyperBob @Monkeygigabuster If you want to delete a face, you don't need to use the work feature of redelbe, but just taking .g1m that doesn't have anything (like the ARD one) and put it in the Character folder of your mod. This is how I did Prototype Raidou

Someone knows how can I get the same hair color of another character? For example I want that Marie's Ponytail gets the same blonde color as Helena's one

I don't think there is a magic way of getting same color. Just use the "replace color" functionality of photoshop. You would start by picking a sample RGB of the desired color, and setting in the result square, and then adjust from there. It is a bit tricky to get the same exact color, so you'll likely end doing several tests until it looks the same color in game. At least that's what I did with Ayane.

4 hours ago, HyperBob said:

Is this color OK for you ?

Reveal hidden contents

908445834_MRColor.png.3be38cd6c71e31c1bfc1f3127d987146.png

Yeah I know, that's not the haircut you was looking for, but my PSD file can convert any Marie hair material to this color.

Don't worry I managed to do it, using the method that vago said. Thank you anyway!

I'm writing this just in case someone in the following days/weeks thinks that I quitted or that REDELBE won't longer be updated:

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be away for a bit less than three weeks and I won't have access to the computer where I have all my tools. I don't know which are TN plans, but I think they may release Mai next week, and Kula Diamond on 27. I won't be able to update REDELBE until 28 or 29.

Here I leave some instructions/notes of how REDELBE can work or not with whatever update they release, and problems that may arise:

- Current version of REDELBE won't be able to support Mai or Kula in Layer2, that will need my update on day 28 or 29. Also, their filenames won't be available in rdbtool until I update that one too.

- The "Loli uncensor break blow" patch: it is possible that this patch will get broken in one of the updates if they add Kula to the censorship list. Would that happen, you would receive one of those "Cannot apply patch" error. Fix: just disable the patch in the ini. I will update that patch when I get back, should be easy.

- If you get one of the "Cannot apply patch" errors with the word "branding", that means the patch that makes REDELBE put its version next to version game got broken. Just delete the file REDELBE/Patches/branding.xml, that functionality is not critical.

- If you get the patches error on Layer2, then well, you'll have to delete REDELBE/Patches/Layer2.xml. That will make Layer2 functionality not to work, but at least normal replacer mods will work. The normal replacer mod functionality should survive almost any update.

@vagonumero13 or anyone else

Can I ask is there any extra step to make mod in "layer2" folder loads in game

I try to used sample "Phase 4 Deluxe for Kasumi" from Vagonumero13 and when I start the game, the mod didn't load in layer 2 folder even redelbe_log stated that 

Costume mod "Phase 4 Deluxe for Kasumi" successfully loaded.

red.png

18 hours ago, Monkeygigabuster said:

@vagonumero13 or anyone else

Can I ask is there any extra step to make mod in "layer2" folder loads in game

I try to used sample "Phase 4 Deluxe for Kasumi" from Vagonumero13 and when I start the game, the mod didn't load in layer 2 folder even redelbe_log stated that 

Costume mod "Phase 4 Deluxe for Kasumi" successfully loaded.

red.png

His sample mod is collocated on Kasumi C7, try there

Hey, awesome tools!

I have one question, though: is it possible to also use the mods in the DOA Theater / replay mode, as Autolink did for DoA 5? If not, is this a feature that might come in the future or is this not possible to implement with the current approach / the new engine?

Thanks!