vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

5 hours ago, rionstick said:

I must be a complete noob. I dont understand how to change a costume ingame. I have read the readme (for users).... no buttons work.
Can anyone help me?

You have redelbe installed?

Next to the game version is redelbe?

Almost any mods on this page are for redelbe.

So it shouldnt a problem.

To get them work.

16 hours ago, snake230 said:

You have redelbe installed?

Next to the game version is redelbe?

Almost any mods on this page are for redelbe.

So it shouldnt a problem.

To get them work.

@snake230 My understanding is that it's installed when i moved the folder REDELBE and the DLL file to the game folder it was installed. When i launch DoA6 it says on the opening screen Ver. 1.05 #20 Redelbe 0.6 so it must be installed right? I'm using a Ps4 controller but the buttons ingame are shown as xbox.

3 minutes ago, rionstick said:

@snake230 My understanding is that it's installed when i moved the folder REDELBE and the DLL file to the game folder it was installed. When i launch DoA6 it says on the opening screen Ver. 1.05 #20 Redelbe 0.6 so it must be installed right? I'm using a Ps4 controller but the buttons ingame are shown as xbox.

so it is installed
Just download a mod.
It most look like this

layer2.jpg

2 minutes ago, HyperBob said:

Maybe you should read the readme.txt inside redelbe archive...

All mods in Layer2 will add extra slot, to switch between official costume and extra slot, push the share button or F key on your keyboard.

Read this too:

i have read that

4 hours ago, HyperBob said:

I just draw 2 swirls on her face to test it:

MPR_Muscle_Character_NICFACE001_face_kidsalb.g1t 2.67 MB · 3 downloads

MaterialEditor: OK

Layer2: KO

Edit: it's working with using swap to FACE011 (pirate) (and of course renaming to ******011_face_kidsalb.g1t)

[General]
type = costume

[Costume]
slot = NIC_COS_005

[Face]
slot = NIC_FACE_001
work = NIC_FACE_011

It may be a cache related issue. The game has a fucking files and model cache function. While loading a layer2 mod, my code disables that shit, but for whatever reason, it is not working with face, I'll research that in future.

36 minutes ago, HyperBob said:

Ok, but you have to know that it's working for other characters, I tried on Marie and Bayman.

That's odd. Anyway, I located the function that caches the face, I will release an update tomorrow.

Edit: uhh, it is working inconsistently, seems like it will need more research.

As odd as it sounds, if it is Nico specific, the issue could be related with the game loading the Nico model for the quests mode.

1 hour ago, HyperBob said:

Ok, but you have to know that it's working for other characters, I tried on Marie and Bayman.

Test the following in versus mode: select Nico, then select other character in player 2, then go back to player 1... and suddenly it works ?

Edit: Ok, I'm going to explain the issue of why this happens with Nico (and only with Nico).

Everytime you are in the main menu, the game loads two characters: one of them is the character you see there in main menu, and it is loaded in the slot of player 1. The second char is always Nico, and it is loaded in slot of player 2, even if you don't see her.

Because currently REDELBE has problems when both slots use same character, when you later go to select player1 nico, the problem arises.

At the moment, I'm doing the following in my internal build: I'm stopping the game from loading that Nico that you don't see anywhere. At first, I thought they were loading this Nico for the quest mode, but it is not the case (that Nico uses player 1 slot).

This patch doesn't seem to have caused any kind of problem in the game at all. In fact, it may speed main menu load a bit by not loading that invisible Nico. I will test a bit more tomorrow, and if everything looks ok, I will update REDELBE to 0.7.

1 hour ago, vagonumero13 said:

I will test a bit more tomorrow, and if everything looks ok, I will update REDELBE to 0.7.

Is there time to squeeze in the alternate input for accessing layer2 in game? (LT/L2 button for example)
Also, is there a way to select layer 2 costumes for ranked matches?

(currently the game doesn't allow alternate keys to be pressed to choose characters in ranked, that's the game's fault though)

Yes layer 2 cos for ranked would be cool.

If i choose a layer2 cos in versus.

And go to ranked it shows the layer 2 cos.

But it loads the standart cos.

I hope the update to 07 we can still se our main fighter.

Keep up your nice work

REDELBE updated to version 0.7

Changelog:

- Layer 2: fixed a bug in which face of Nico wouldn't change due to technical reasons.
- Layer 2: added an alternate button for controllers: LTrigger (xbox) & L2 (Playstation), this button will traverse the list in the opposite order to the Back/Select/Share button.
- REDELBE can now support more filenames in RRPreview (matching rdbtool 0.6)

-------

rdbtool updated to version 0.6

Changelog:

- Added support for more filenames in RRPreview, specially efpl, ktid, g1e and g1em from the two KOF characters.

----------

So I added the support for the alternate button. To not make it exactly like the other, I made it traverse the list in the opposite order, so that it can work as an opposite of the Back button. For people that can only press one of the buttons, well, it doesn't make much difference to traverse the list in opposite order or not.

I didn't implement the ranking thing, as that will need more work.

9 hours ago, Monkeygigabuster said:

@vagonumero13

Can you explain the g1m_bonetool a little bit more ?

I don't know how to identify bone ID when using this tool

To identify bones names, just export a g1m with the vgmap bat, and then use the "Apply vgmap" from the blnder python scripts. Or you can also see the bones names in the fbx generated by g1m2fbx.

hey,

I'm am very new to modding and i this seems to be really interesting thing. After i have copied the REDELBE folder and dinput8.ddl in the DoA6 folder then when ever i try to run the game it gives me a message saying that "Failed to apply patch *Layer2:PatchICM*

I was wondering if anyone could be able to help me with my issue.

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, linde56 said:

hey,

I'm am very new to modding and i this seems to be really interesting thing. After i have copied the REDELBE folder and dinput8.ddl in the DoA6 folder then when ever i try to run the game it gives me a message saying that "Failed to apply patch *Layer2:PatchICM*

Thanks.

You have an old game version. Current version of REDELBE requires game version 1.04a or 1.05.

The error you ar getting is due to a function signatuere that changed between 1.03b and 1.04a.

i kinda wish you didnt use that Marie hair with a bottomless mod lol

well, that's mod for ya

10 hours ago, linde56 said:

hey,

Thanks.

update your game

Oh wow, Kula? Maybe we'll finally get an amazing 3D model for her. SNK has come close, but still isn't up to my standards. Hope KT delivers.

Amazing accomplishments that you all are doing here; I've been inspired to come out of my hidey-hole and actually do some work! :3

I will consider adding stages at some point in the future, I don't know when.

Anyway, from what I saw, stages slot names would be something like this:

Spoiler

stages.png.c344a0cad2bdc9e45e4572778c16ff4d.png

Mmm, there are 25... but that includes the stages with multiple sections. Like the "MUS" aka museum, you can see it has 3 slots.