AAF 'processing' question...

11 minutes ago, walkin said:

I never change anything like that and wouldn't advise it, could be where the problem(s) are starting from. Not saying you did it wrong by any means but modifying the animations by Leito esp and other mods that require F4SE sounds like a accident waiting to happen.

I understand how this could cause issues with F4SE but I'm sure My Leito esp is not the cause of this problem as it doesn't interact with anything other then F4SE.

I've never altered AAF's esp or it's script files, I've always just followed the fomod instructions & for whatever reason AAF has just never worked for Me.

Like I said before when I did get AAF to work it was only if EVERYTHING but it's requirements was removed & without any animation packs.

so basically the only mods I can have is nudity but then there's no animations for AAF to use, & if I add an animation pack then I get the processing issue again.

1 minute ago, dibz666 said:

I understand how this could cause issues with F4SE but I'm sure My Leito esp is not the cause of this problem as it doesn't interact with anything other then F4SE.

I've never altered AAF's esp or it's script files, I've always just followed the fomod instructions & for whatever reason AAF has just never worked for Me.

Like I said before when I did get AAF to work it was only if EVERYTHING but it's requirements was removed & without any animation packs.

so basically the only mods I can have is nudity but then there's no animations for AAF to use, & if I add an animation pack then I get the processing issue again.

Well sorry I cant help much more. I've only been modding my Fallout 4 game with these since about November and really didn't know how to have everything working tip top till about January. I'm good at getting it going  and helping people with lite load orders but once theres 100's of other mods involved not so much. Lol. Did you see the last patch from Wanderer, he has found something useful maybe for you. Either way like I said good luck with this, I know it can be frustrating. It pissed me off many times when I first started. Lol

16 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

You know, investigating the infinite loop you have going on with your game might be a start to troubleshooting your issue. 

image.png.5c3d5b4c96129df785d4327a91c46b57.png

CRX is filling your log with these entries, and it's not normal. I use CRX, and it has never thrown this error...and indeed, it's a strange one. 

In doing a simple google search, it would seem this has happened before...it's a semi common bug that occurs with papyrus...all the way back to Skyrim it would seem...

image.png.c764ebebdaa2e5a1e6d1682c9b70b90c.png

Your log is literally filled with this inifnite loop. Now, I'm not saying this is absolute cause of your issue. But I am trying to help you here. You said two interesting things....

1. You have modified scripting of mods you have installed. 

2. "I feel like with AAF it's like I've been trying to fill a pool that has no bottom." 

It's why I mentioned re-installing some of your mods, particularly CRX... to get them back to release state. In order to see if maybe the current version, that has not been modified may fix the problem. By eliminating this, if the problem still occurred...troubleshooting could move on to the next possible issue. 

So, you know....we're willing to help, but you have to be willing to troubleshoot on your end too. ;)

This is interesting and good to know. I'm always looking to expand my knowledge base of AAF to better diagnose and help players figure it out. I don't know the papyrus logs as good as others but do know enough to see that this one appeared to be incomplete and was constantly looping . Its why the first thing I thought of was F4SE. Lol But I see maybe not.

8 minutes ago, walkin said:

This is interesting and good to know. I'm always looking to expand my knowledge base of AAF to better diagnose and help players figure it out. I don't know the papyrus logs as good as others but do know enough to see that this one appeared to be incomplete and was constantly looping . Its why the first thing I thought of was F4SE. Lol But I see maybe not.

It's not that I'm versed in papyrus either. I do not really do scripting or code; but I do know enough to recognize a possible problem in a log when I see it, and sometimes google will yield a result or two. In this case, it seemed like an avenue to try troubleshooting further....because modifying scripts for installed mods was mentioned and generally that's not something typical...

5 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

It's not that I'm versed in papyrus either. I do not really do scripting or code; but I do know enough to recognize a possible problem in a log when I see it, and sometimes google will yield a result or two. In this case, it seemed like an avenue to try troubleshooting further....because modifying scripts for installed mods was mentioned and generally that's not something typical...

I hear ya. I'm kinda the same way. I don't know a lot about them but have seen enough of them to know this one looked incomplete like something was missing and it was just repeating itself, but I didn't want to start assuming anything and giving the wrong advice so I didn't say anything and just kept it to myself. I said it before it would be awesome if you could open the papyrus log and scroll down to the bottom and see in big red letters " This is why your game doesn't work dumb ass" but it doesn't. LOL

Well I tried running AAF after removing ALL of CRX's files & still got the issue.

I even just tried running AAF with almost all the plugins turned off removed animation packs started a new save & now I couldn't even get AAF load at all.

I ran it with just the requirements again & now AAF wont even work by itself there's no text crawl I can't open the AAF menu & reinstalling it changes nothing.

It seams AAF literally just wont work for Me no matter what I do & I'm done even trying at this point because I'm not gonna fuck up My game just to get 1 mod working.

15 hours ago, dibz666 said:

Well I tried running AAF after removing ALL of CRX's files & still got the issue.

I even just tried running AAF with almost all the plugins turned off removed animation packs started a new save & now I couldn't even get AAF load at all.

I ran it with just the requirements again & now AAF wont even work by itself there's no text crawl I can't open the AAF menu & reinstalling it changes nothing.

It seams AAF literally just wont work for Me no matter what I do & I'm done even trying at this point because I'm not gonna fuck up My game just to get 1 mod working.

Serious question: Do the NPC's & Dogmeat stand up during sex, by any chance?

?

17 hours ago, dibz666 said:

If you have a chance, take a look on the Discord channel: https://discord.gg/M4vn2Jm

Under #Tools you can find a tool namef GFV which makes a report which helps in debugging issues. If you post in the main channel a screenshot of it, there could be extra useful informations to find the source of the problem.

Sorry it took me so long to get this info to you guys.  Brain issues...   Anyway, here's my load order as of today.  I went through and replaced all the LL mods I had from last year (sep - nov) to the newest updates I could find.  I know they aren't in the right place, but at least I have them now.

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
TrueStormsFO4.esm=1
VotWMaster.esm=1
TortureDevices.esm=1
Snap'n Build.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
Devious Devices.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
AAF.esm=1
CumNWealth.esp=1
VotWTheatre.esp=1
AAF_AutonomyEnhanced.esp=1
Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp=1
SavageCabbage_Animations.esp=1
Farelle_Animations.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
HN66Fo4_EasyGirl_BS.esp=1
AkaWaterWorld.esp=1
Homemaker - Greenhouse and Bunker Disabler.esp=1
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp=1
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp=1
ALSL Vault Suit Unzipped - vault 111 suits only.esp=1
KarnaPiper.esp=1
Shino Bikini Pack.esp=1
Clean Water - Tropical.esp=1
Lots More Female Hairstyles.esp=1
Vault Meat Paintings.esp=1
Beautiful Female Settlers v. 2.0 - NO BS.esp=1
Clean_Settler_Faces_All.esp=1
Hot Mama Murphy.esp=1
keke-bu Jun&Marcy.19FDB.19FDC_1.0.0.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp=1
KLPostersAdult.esp=1
MOAR Turrets.esp=1
KLPosters.esp=1
FPEDogAddon.esp=1
LegendaryModification.esp=1
LegendaryModification2LM.esp=1
VotWSpecialVideos.esp=1
GoodOldCartoonsBonus.esp=1
GoodOldCartoonsVolumeI.esp=1
GoodOldCartoonsVolumeII.esp=1
GoodOldCartoonsVolumeIII.esp=1
SPDV-BettyPage.esp=1
SPDV-CivilDefenseVideos.esp=1
SPDV-KillersFromSpace.esp=1
SPDV-PlanetOutlaws.esp=1
BurlyQ set1.esp=1
BurlyQ set2.esp=1
BurlyQ set3.esp=1
DogBed.esp=1
ZerasPaintings.esp=1
MoToonsVOL1.esp=1
MoToonsVOL2.esp=1
MoToonsVOL3.esp=1
Prepare for the Future.esp=1
SciFiGuru_Paintings.esp=1
ArcadeTerminals.esp=1
AEWS.esp=1
D.E.C.A.Y.esp=1
Sanctuary Raider & Dog Removed.esp=1
NL_NatWrightSettler.esp=1
Hot Mama NPCs Added Settlers and Minutemen A.esp=1
AllSetsExtended.esp=1
Infinite Conduit Wall.esp=1
MoreCookingStations - Reg&Prewar.esp=1
InsElevator.esp=1
RemoveTurretPowerReq.esp=1
VIO_Strap-On.esp=1
Custom Concrete with Glass.esp=1
SSEX.esp=1
Rogg DD Items Manager.esp=1
Passthrough.esp=1
MCM_Demo.esp=1
Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp=0
Diverse Cats.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
SanctuaryParts.esp=1
CleanSettlement.esp=1
AWKCR - Mod Power Armor Engine Glitch Fix.esp=1
MakeYourOwnSynths.esp=1
LootVision.esp=1
RoadFix_Sanctuary.esp=0
AAF_Four-Play_Animations_Crazy6987.esp=1
MOAR Turrets - No Power Requirement.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
SickotiksBeasts.esp=1
AAF_CreaturePack01.esp=1
FPEAIOCreatureAddon.esp=1
FPEAIOCreatureAddon_Horror.esp=1
FPEAIOCreatureAddon_NS.esp=1
FPEAIOCreatureAddon_Breed.esp=1
FPEVanillaCreatureAddon.esp=1
AAF_SEU.esp=1
AAFMorningSexWithLover.esp=1
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp=1
DelightfulCarla.esp=1
FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp=1
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
zgcjillvalentine.esp=1
Prisoner Shackles.esp=1
Mutated Lust.esp=1
Atomic Lust.esp=1
Rufgt's Animations.esp=1

And here's a screenshot of what I've been getting concerning the 'processing' issue.

ScreenShot1.png

While I'm trying to recall how to get to my papyrus logs, does someone have a functional load order for AAF, fpe, seu, and any associated animation packs they could share?  That way I can compare side by side and see if I have something obvious all discombobulated.  It's probably something I've overlooked when I upgraded, because before I was all "OOOh Shiny!" with new stuff everything was working fine.

I did go through my list-o-mods today and update everything that had an update pending, and tried to update the mods from here as well to get everything 'current'.  I know, jet fuel, fire, bad ideas....

Thanks to everyone for the replies and assistance!

15 minutes ago, amenshawn said:

If you check a couple of messages over, there's a post with the link of the Discord channel. There's a tool there, called GFV, which is used to debug, maybe it could help you narrowing down the issue.

11 hours ago, A.J. said:

If you check a couple of messages over, there's a post with the link of the Discord channel. There's a tool there, called GFV, which is used to debug, maybe it could help you narrowing down the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion A.J., but every time I try to DL that program from the site my AV software goes full Gandalf on me and won't allow me to do it.  Maybe once my head clears up enough for me to think straight I can remember how to get around that particular feature and do that.  For now I'll just wander around with the list on the side of the screen...

Okay, if I were to uninstall FO4 and then reinstall it, what aside from F4SE will I need to reload?  Will my plethora of mods remain intact, and if so, should I switch them off until I get everything running at base level?  After doing a lot of reading in the various AAF threads I'm trying to figure out the best way to eliminate a bad section of code, and I think the only way I can handle it at my skill level ("Congratulations Panda, there is now a level zero.") is to simply start over again.  Unless someone has a better idea, that's my plan for later this evening.

30 minutes ago, amenshawn said:

Okay, if I were to uninstall FO4 and then reinstall it, what aside from F4SE will I need to reload?  Will my plethora of mods remain intact, and if so, should I switch them off until I get everything running at base level?  After doing a lot of reading in the various AAF threads I'm trying to figure out the best way to eliminate a bad section of code, and I think the only way I can handle it at my skill level ("Congratulations Panda, there is now a level zero.") is to simply start over again.  Unless someone has a better idea, that's my plan for later this evening.

Beyond F4SE to get the AAF program running you only need LooksMenu- MCM- AAF. Now if youre using it here then "WE" all know why you want it. LOL. Beyond that you pretty much just need 1 animation pack to test  it and the AAF Compatability Patch. When I'm helping someone new to these mods I usually recommend they grab both Leito's and Crazy's animations for the simple fact that when you grab the patch for Leito's it also includes Crazy's so you might just as well grab both right from the get go. For someone newer to modding I will also suggest grabbing AAF SEU for the purpose of having an easy way to call on an animation as they will not be famailar with the wizard from the get go, but someone that knows how to use it such as yourself you don't need to worry about SEU right away, you can just test the animations through the wizard.

Then of course beyond that you need both bodies. CBBE is a no brainer for most (I think pretty much everyone playing probably already has that- Until the new Fusion Girl is complete)

And I recommend EVB to the new folks cause you don't have to do anything special to use it (I know modders are probably working on making Bodytalk compatable with all animation packs but until then I suggest they just wait)

Just using these should take literally 5 minutes or less to have AAF up and running no problem on a new game.

3 hours ago, amenshawn said:

Thanks for the suggestion A.J., but every time I try to DL that program from the site my AV software goes full Gandalf on me and won't allow me to do it.  Maybe once my head clears up enough for me to think straight I can remember how to get around that particular feature and do that.  For now I'll just wander around with the list on the side of the screen...

since it's a false positive, right click - disable / quit / suspend protection. Anyway, mine's just a suggestion, since I consider that tool the first essential step for debugging when there are issues, without it everything else is quite random assumptions.

Okay, reinstalled FO4, F4SE, and booted up with minimal mods activated in the load order menu.  Got the same end result, AAF scrolls up the left side of the screen and holds at the same 'processing' screen as before.  So, do I have to go into the full mods list and turn off the individual mods instead of just de-selecting them in the load order?  

25 minutes ago, amenshawn said:

Okay, reinstalled FO4, F4SE, and booted up with minimal mods activated in the load order menu.  Got the same end result, AAF scrolls up the left side of the screen and holds at the same 'processing' screen as before.  So, do I have to go into the full mods list and turn off the individual mods instead of just de-selecting them in the load order?  

If youre having this much trouble just trying to get AAF working and are right set on using it, then yeah I would get rid of every mod except for the few you need until you know that AAF is working. The only exception would maybe be the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.  I cant imagine this one hurting in any way.

8 minutes ago, walkin said:

If youre having this much trouble just trying to get AAF working and are right set on using it, then yeah I would get rid of every mod except for the few you need until you know that AAF is working. The only exception would maybe be the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.  I cant imagine this one hurting in any way.

Alright, looks like I have some disabling to do.  This may take a while...  lol   Thanks for the help  :)

I tried to migrate over to Vortex, which was a massive mistake.  Now I'm trying to fix my load order back in NMM and I'm stuck on "processings - topic" too.  I've spent hours on this and I'm just about ready to give up.

Okay, fresh install of FO4 and F4SE, then I pared down the activated mods list to only Lieto and Crazy's animations, AAF, and little things like CBBE, LooksMenu, etc.  Fired up a fresh game so the saves wouldn't have any corruption issues, and tested things as bare bones as I could.  Same issue.  AAF scrolls up the side of the screen, gets to 'processing', and remains there indefinitely.  I even let it sit and continue to 'process' while I got a snack and built a few mechs over at Smurfy's mechlab.  Must've let it run until about 3am and it remained unchanged.

On 4/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, dibz666 said:

I understand that this would make the process simpler but I at this point in time I'm not willing to reinstall all My mods because that's a task that takes HOURS.

If I can't run AAF with the mods I have/want then I'm not going to run AAF at all because  playing as My personal characters is more important to Me then AAF is.

From the screenshot you posted, something is way off with your build. AAF (and many other mods) can't run properly in that broken of an environment.

18 hours ago, pok0 said:

I tried to migrate over to Vortex, which was a massive mistake.  Now I'm trying to fix my load order back in NMM and I'm stuck on "processings - topic" too.  I've spent hours on this and I'm just about ready to give up.

Some others seem to have addressed this here: 

2 hours ago, amenshawn said:

Must've let it run until about 3am and it remained unchanged.

To help with your troubleshooting: the processing should finish in a matter of seconds. Even on a slow machine, I can't imagine it taking longer than 15-20 seconds.

If it stops, it means that something is wrong with the XML that it's processing at that time. So, you can read the top-most item to get an idea of which XML is broken. It sounds like there is some popular mod that has a broken "topic" XML...?

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

From the screenshot you posted, something is way off with your build. AAF (and many other mods) can't run properly in that broken of an environment.

Some others seem to have addressed this here: 

To help with your troubleshooting: the processing should finish in a matter of seconds. Even on a slow machine, I can't imagine it taking longer than 15-20 seconds.

If it stops, it means that something is wrong with the XML that it's processing at that time. So, you can read the top-most item to get an idea of which XML is broken. It sounds like there is some popular mod that has a broken "topic" XML...?

I did read through the guide you linked above, and didn't see anything that stood out as a cause for the issue I and a few others are having.  That said, just because I didn't see something doesn't mean it's not there.  I'm down at the "It seems to run on some form of electricity" level of expertise at this stuff, so unless there are sparks, smoke, or open flame, I really can't do much to figure out a problem that isn't glaringly obvious.  

At this point I'm considering just rebuilding the entire thing from scratch and using a different mod manager program to do it.  NMM was relatively simple and what's left of my brain could recall how to make it work without bothering anyone else.  I looked at Vortex and MO2, but I'm not sure which of them to go with.  I did try MO2 last year and found it to be overly complicated, at least for me.  Admittedly I have issues recalling things, so the more simplified the system, the better suited it is to me.  Any recommendations on which of the two I should go with in regards to having AFF based mods run reliably?

Also, thanks to everyone for the help.  Stuff like this gives me a little of my faith in humanity back.

1 hour ago, amenshawn said:

I did read through the guide you linked above, and didn't see anything that stood out as a cause for the issue I and a few others are having.  That said, just because I didn't see something doesn't mean it's not there.  I'm down at the "It seems to run on some form of electricity" level of expertise at this stuff, so unless there are sparks, smoke, or open flame, I really can't do much to figure out a problem that isn't glaringly obvious.  

At this point I'm considering just rebuilding the entire thing from scratch and using a different mod manager program to do it.  NMM was relatively simple and what's left of my brain could recall how to make it work without bothering anyone else.  I looked at Vortex and MO2, but I'm not sure which of them to go with.  I did try MO2 last year and found it to be overly complicated, at least for me.  Admittedly I have issues recalling things, so the more simplified the system, the better suited it is to me.  Any recommendations on which of the two I should go with in regards to having AFF based mods run reliably?

Also, thanks to everyone for the help.  Stuff like this gives me a little of my faith in humanity back.

This is bit of a loaded response cause I never have tried MO2. I started modding my Fallout4 in November and the first time I went to Nexus I seen the download for Vortex so grabbed it. It was a tad confusing at first but I got over that hump pretty quick. Once you get over that hump it is actually pretty basic and easy to use. If you kind of understand the mod youre installing and what its purpose is it becomes easier to know what Vortex is doing. Like for example:  You download CBBE and install it, everything is fine- Vortex installs it and then you click the button to enable it and Vortex does that. Then you decide you want to grab something different for example different pubic hair. So then you find lets say CBBE better pubic hair mod. You do the same thing and install that one with Vortex and enable it and now Vortex is telling you there is a conflict. Right beside the red warning in Vortex where its telling you theres a conflict, is a little arrow you can click and it will have options. WE know we want to use CBBE body but we just want the different pubic hair. So for the options in Vortex you can set it and tell it when to actually load the better pubic hair mod. In the little drop down box that gets displayed it will usually have 3-4 options. 1/ load it before CBBE 2/ load it after CBBE  3/ do nothing. Well we cant do nothing cause then the conflict wont go away. We don't want it to load up before CBBE cause if it does that than CBBE will just overwrite it when it loads. So we pick load after CBBE option. This way CBBE body loads up, then right after CBBE pubic hair mod load up and we have essentially solved the conflict Vortex had and the red warning it had will change to green. Now Vortex is good to go, and you move on to the next one. That's pretty much in a nutshell all Vortex is really about. More times than not when you click on the arrow Vortex will make a suggestion where it thinks it should load for you. You still have to agree and pick that option but its another little tip for people who are new to modding or Vortex in general. Its what I use, it has been great for me but everyone is going to have their own preferences and ones they like or don't like. Just thought I'd give you a little insight on Vortex seeing as you were interested to know.

On a side note if youre still having trouble with AAF and other posts cant help you, if you get your Fallout 4 folder completely wiped out and totally fresh from Steam again with everything verified and good- when I say good I mean absolutely everything deleted from the Fallout 4 folder, like basically delete the complete folder all 35-40 gb of it and have a complete brand new install of it like you just bought the game today, lol then if you want let me know and I can share with you my own guide I made for absolute beginners. Not saying its better than anyone else, I just think it might be a little easier for someone with little knowledge. It is the very bare minimum and I think a good one for that reason. If you already have mods installed or your Fallout 4 folder isn't really truly clean (remnants left over from previous installs) then theres no point in giving you the guide as there are plenty of them out there already. My guide is more for the people that finally decided to get a computer came home bought Fallout 4 from Steam and now are looking to mod it. That's not to say that anybody couldn't use it, they could, but if its being used in a game that has already followed 3-4 guides and done different things trying to get everything working then its probably not going to do anything for you. It would be like beating a dead horse. Lol

So everything being said I hope you took away something about how Vortex works and like I mentioned if youre still in a bind about AAF just let me know. Have a good one

Edit: Something I wanted to add about Vortex. When youre at Nexus downloading mods, NEVER choose the option to download with Vortex. Always choose to download manually. Then once you download the file and have Vortex open you install it from where you download it instead. So when youre in Vortex on the mod page, in the top left corner of the mod page youll see a tab install from file. Click on this and navigate to where you downloaded it and install them this way. It gives you way more control of what you are actually installing this way. If you just hit download with Vortex on the Nexus site there is always a chance of grabbing something and installing something that you don't need or didn't want in the first place..

Archived