Jump to content
amenshawn

AAF 'processing' question...

Recommended Posts

Hey all, I have a quick AAF question I can't find any reference material on anywhere and can't figure out on my own.  I recently (within the last week) upgraded to the newest release of AAF after not playing FO4 for a few months.  Now, when I log into the game via F4SE, when I load the game I get the standard scroll of AAF based material running up the left side of the screen as I did in the previous release, only it gets to the top where it reports several 'processing' notifications and stays on screen.  I've waited for it to finish on its own for over an hour, but it stays on screen while I aimlessly wander the Commonwealth, and it prevents any SEU animations from initiating because it isn't finished doing whatever it's doing.  I can't even bring up the AAF interface via the Home key.  So, do I simply need to wait for a really loooooong time for AAF to finish processing, or have I broken something again?  The latter is my guess at this point, but I figured I should ask first before trying to 'fix' it on my own.  Any assistance is appreciated, and I'll try not to bug anyone further once this is resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, amenshawn said:

Hey all, I have a quick AAF question I can't find any reference material on anywhere and can't figure out on my own.  I recently (within the last week) upgraded to the newest release of AAF after not playing FO4 for a few months.  Now, when I log into the game via F4SE, when I load the game I get the standard scroll of AAF based material running up the left side of the screen as I did in the previous release, only it gets to the top where it reports several 'processing' notifications and stays on screen.  I've waited for it to finish on its own for over an hour, but it stays on screen while I aimlessly wander the Commonwealth, and it prevents any SEU animations from initiating because it isn't finished doing whatever it's doing.  I can't even bring up the AAF interface via the Home key.  So, do I simply need to wait for a really loooooong time for AAF to finish processing, or have I broken something again?  The latter is my guess at this point, but I figured I should ask first before trying to 'fix' it on my own.  Any assistance is appreciated, and I'll try not to bug anyone further once this is resolved.

If it is staying on your screen and not going away it means that something isn't installed right, youre missing a file, or you could be missing an animation pack its looking for. Send a screen shot of the error its leaving on your screen and we can go from there.

Share this post


Link to post

I would also like to know how to fix this issue if anyone can help as it's caused Me to not even be able to try this mod.

 

I've tried to install AAF several times over the past YEAR & I have always had this issue, never once has AAF worked for Me.

I'll even try playing the game from the start or with minimal requirement & still have this infinite load problem where AAF never stops "processing".

The only way I've gotten AAF to work was if I uninstalled EVERYTHING but it's requirements which the completely destroys My desire to play the game.

 

I don't know what causes this issue but I really wish I knew how to fix it because it ALWAYS happens for Me & it's made trying AAF impossible for Me.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dibz666 said:

I would also like to know how to fix this issue if anyone can help as it's caused Me to not even be able to try this mod.

 

I've tried to install AAF several times over the past YEAR & I have always had this issue, never once has AAF worked for Me.

I'll even try playing the game from the start or with minimal requirement & still have this infinite load problem where AAF never stops "processing".

The only way I've gotten AAF to work was if I uninstalled EVERYTHING but it's requirements which the completely destroys My desire to play the game.

 

I don't know what causes this issue but I really wish I knew how to fix it because it ALWAYS happens for Me & it's made trying AAF impossible for Me.

Same as above post. 

Share this post


Link to post

Whenever trying to run AAF a text crawl will scroll up saying DATA_Loaded the followed by 3 PROCESSING_DATA commands & 2 INITIALIZING_DATA's.

The text crawl ends with a bunch of PROCESSING_DATA cammands the never go away no mater what I do.

Spoiler

20190414152630_1.jpg.b823a45fb1291cbbd0798b31128bb27e.jpg

 

AAF doesn't say there are any issues, even if I turn on debugging & troubleshooting the AAF logs don't detect any errors at all...

 

I'm at a loss & honestly gave up on AAF months ago because from what I could tell seemingly no one else ever has this issue so no one could help.

As far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with AAF that I can find & amenshawn is the only other person I've seen (so far) to also have this issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, dibz666 said:

Whenever trying to run AAF a text crawl will scroll up saying DATA_Loaded the followed by 3 PROCESSING_DATA commands & 2 INITIALIZING_DATA's.

The text crawl ends with a bunch of PROCESSING_DATA cammands the never go away no mater what I do.

  Hide contents

20190414152630_1.jpg.b823a45fb1291cbbd0798b31128bb27e.jpg

 

AAF doesn't say there are any issues, even if I turn on debugging & troubleshooting the AAF logs don't detect any errors at all...

 

I'm at a loss & honestly gave up on AAF months ago because from what I could tell seemingly no one else ever has this issue so no one could help.

As far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with AAF that I can find & amenshawn is the only other person I've seen (so far) to also have this issue.

 

That's not a lot to go by (at least not for me). In my experience theres usually more left on screen, like something written above those lines. Maybe make a copy of your papyrus log and send it here so someone can look at it and go from there.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, VonHelton said:

4Play still works, you just need an updated LLFP file to run it.......

 

👍

 

 

VonHelton: Neither one of them asked anything about 4play- they are asking for help for AAF so this is once again irrelevant to this conversation. You state it stills works which insinuates that AAF doesn't. Just because you obviously have no knowledge on how AAF works and have a hard on for it maybe you should just keep your pie hole shut and let people who do know how to use AAF try and help them with what they asked for help. If and when that's done and if they decide they want to try 4 Play then by all means come back and help them.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

4Play still works, you just need an updated LLFP file to run it.......

  

👍

 

 

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not really into 4play, it's cumbersome & honestly it's easier for Me to play animations through console commands.

The only reason I would really like to get AAF working is because (when it works) it makes animations WAY easier to play & even control.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dibz666 said:

 

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not really into 4play, it's cumbersome & honestly it's easier for Me to play animations through console commands.

The only reason I would really like to get AAF working is because (when it works) it makes animations WAY easier to play & even control.

Don't worry about what he said. Supply us with your papyrus log and we can go from there. Also maybe throw up your load order so we can look at that.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, walkin said:

VonHelton: Neither one of them asked anything about 4play- they are asking for help for AAF so this is once again irrelevant to this conversation. You state it stills works which insinuates that AAF doesn't. Just because you obviously have no knowledge on how AAF works and have a hard on for it maybe you should just keep your pie hole shut and let people who do know how to use AAF try and help them with what they asked for help. If and when that's done and if they decide they want to try 4 Play then by all means come back and help them.

As far as I know, they may not have even known 4Play existed. I believe in giving people all opportunities, not just some.

 

I think the better question to ask is why do you hate 4Play so much?

 

🤔

Share this post


Link to post

The debugging logs basically just say the same thing the game says when I try running AAF.

Spoiler

[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] AAFLog log opened (PC-64)
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $INITIALIZING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $INITIALIZING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
 

 

As for My Papyrus log, I have NO idea what that stuffs about... My Papyrus log has TONS of code in it.

Papyrus.0.log

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

As far as I know, they may not have even known 4Play existed. I believe in giving people all opportunities, not just some.

 

I think the better question to ask is why do you hate 4Play so much?

 

🤔

I'm not seeing anywhere in this post that mentions I hate 4-Play. In fact it wasn't brought up until you brought it up. I know who you are and what youre all about and I'm not going to play the game of he said she said, so just do us all a favor and go waste somebody else time. Check back after and if they decide to try 4-Play then have at it. I'm done talking to you good sir.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, dibz666 said:

The debugging logs basically just say the same thing the game says when I try running AAF.

  Reveal hidden contents

[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] AAFLog log opened (PC-64)
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $INITIALIZING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $INITIALIZING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
[04/14/2019 - 02:54:02PM] $PROCESSING_DATA
 

 

As for My Papyrus log, I have NO idea what that stuffs about... My Papyrus log has TONS of code in it.

Papyrus.0.log 557.49 kB · 1 download

Did you make sure you have the latest version of F4SE that matches up with your game and that you installed it correctly. And also shoot up your load order here if you don't mind.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, walkin said:

Did you make sure you have the latest version of F4SE that matches up with your game and that you installed it correctly. And also shoot up your load order here if you don't mind.

 Yes My script extender is up to date, I update F4SE like once a weak even when it probably hasn't been updated some times.

 

Here's My current load order.

LoadOrder51.txt

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, walkin said:

Did you make sure you have the latest version of F4SE that matches up with your game and that you installed it correctly. And also shoot up your load order here if you don't mind.

Essentially this. Make sure your game and F4SE are up to date, and installed correctly. 

 

I would also look at reinstalling some of your mods, like CRX as they appear to be missing things. Lots of things. 

 

Something else: once you verify all of your mods are installed fully, and correctly, start a new game. Do not flog an older save with this, especially if the SE was not installed correctly, or was broken somehow....the save may be trashed anyhow. 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Essentially this. Make sure your game and F4SE are up to date, and installed correctly. 

 

I would also look at reinstalling some of your mods, like CRX as they appear to be missing things. Lots of things. 

 

Something else: once you verify all of your mods are installed fully, and correctly, start a new game. Do not flog an older save with this, especially if the SE was not installed correctly, or was broken somehow....the save may be trashed anyhow. 

 

I know you're just trying to help & it's very cool of u to do so but as I've already stated before My F4SE is pretty much always up to date.

Most of the scripted mods I have have been altered by Me to have less or no script at all which should theoretically negate conflicts with AAF.

 

As far as starting a new save, as I've also already stated above, I've tried running AAF on old & new saves & I ALWAYS get the infinite processing issue.

Share this post


Link to post

Currently the only way I've ever gotten AAF to run is with only it's requirements & no animations installed which completely defeats the purpose of the mod.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, dibz666 said:

 

I know you're just trying to help & it's very cool of u to do so but as I've already stated before My F4SE is pretty much always up to date.

Most of the scripted mods I have have been altered by Me to have less or no script at all which should theoretically negate conflicts with AAF.

 

As far as starting a new save, as I've also already stated above, I've tried running AAF on old & new saves & I ALWAYS get the infinite processing issue.

I'm thinking also that the 2 main patches for AAF (AAF Compatability- AAF patch for Leito and Crazy Fomod) may have been installed incorrectly or something else may have overwritten them. I looked at your load order top to bottom 3X and one esp that is absent which I believe is needed for AAf is the Cum N Wealth esp. I know when this is disabled in my game AAF wont load.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, dibz666 said:

I know you're just trying to help & it's very cool of u to do so but as I've already stated before My F4SE is pretty much always up to date.

Most of the scripted mods I have been altered by Me to have less or no script at all which should theoretically negate conflicts with AAF.

Okay. Well. Guess you're on top of it then. ;) 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, dibz666 said:

Currently the only way I've ever gotten AAF to run is with only it's requirements & no animations installed which completely defeats the purpose of the mod.

This is interesting to see. If you can get your game back to this point where there are no errors left over and you can call up the AAF wizard  (regardless of having any animation pack) it will be a lot easier to take it from there. Also you should entertain what Wanderer is asking you and give him all info. He knows a whole lot more about this than I ever could and his help will definitely speed this up big time.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, walkin said:

I'm thinking also that the 2 main patches for AAF (AAF Compatability- AAF patch for Leito and Crazy Fomod) may have been installed incorrectly or something else may have overwritten them. I looked at your load order top to bottom 3X and one esp that is absent which I believe is needed for AAf is the Cum N Wealth esp. I know when this is disabled in my game AAF wont load.

 

Lol that's funny, I removed the Cumnwealth.esp because I thought it might be causing the problem but even with Cum n wealth AAF still doesn't work.

 

As for the patches should be installed correctly but they shouldn't even need the as I have altered the FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp so it's independent.

 

 

Thank u for trying but I'm pretty much about to give up again, I've been trying to "fix" AAF for literally months apon months & I just feel defeated at this point.

 

I feel like with AAF it's like I've been trying to fill a pool that has no bottom. Just completely wasting My time.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, amenshawn said:

So, do I simply need to wait for a really loooooong time for AAF to finish processing, or have I broken something again?  The latter is my guess at this point, but I figured I should ask first before trying to 'fix' it on my own.  Any assistance is appreciated, and I'll try not to bug anyone further once this is resolved.

If you could provide a papyrus log, it might help. 

 

Also, verify for us that you've got your mods all updated, along with F4SE. Anything from a situation standpoint is going to be helpful here. I for one, have not seen this processing error before....that said, we'll try to help ya. :D

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, walkin said:

This is interesting to see. If you can get your game back to this point where there are no errors left over and you can call up the AAF wizard  (regardless of having any animation pack) it will be a lot easier to take it from there. Also you should entertain what Wanderer is asking you and give him all info. He knows a whole lot more about this than I ever could and his help will definitely speed this up big time.

 

I understand that this would make the process simpler but I at this point in time I'm not willing to reinstall all My mods because that's a task that takes HOURS.

 

If I can't run AAF with the mods I have/want then I'm not going to run AAF at all because  playing as My personal characters is more important to Me then AAF is.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dibz666 said:

 

Lol that's funny, I removed the Cumnwealth.esp because I thought it might be causing the problem but even with Cum n wealth AAF still doesn't work.

 

As for the patches should be installed correctly but they shouldn't even need the as I have altered the FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp so it's independent.

 

 

Thank u for trying but I'm pretty much about to give up again, I've been trying to "fix" AAF for literally months apon months & I just feel defeated at this point.

 

I feel like with AAF it's like I've been trying to fill a pool that has no bottom. Just completely wasting My time.

Yeah you mentioned a couple different times that you have modified or changed some of the AAf mods settings or scripts or whatever. In that case I wouldn't have a clue whats happening. I never change anything like that and wouldn't advise it, could be where the problem(s) are starting from. Not saying you did it wrong by any means but modifying the animations by Leito esp and other mods that require F4SE sounds like a accident waiting to happen. Lol Figuring out exactly what you changed and what effect it would have would be beyond my pay grade. Hope you figure it out, good luck. Let us know what it was if it gets figured out.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dibz666 said:

I feel like with AAF it's like I've been trying to fill a pool that has no bottom. Just completely wasting My time.

You know, investigating the infinite loop you have going on with your game might be a start to troubleshooting your issue. 

 

image.png.5c3d5b4c96129df785d4327a91c46b57.png

 

CRX is filling your log with these entries, and it's not normal. I use CRX, and it has never thrown this error...and indeed, it's a strange one. 

 

In doing a simple google search, it would seem this has happened before...it's a semi common bug that occurs with papyrus...all the way back to Skyrim it would seem...

image.png.c764ebebdaa2e5a1e6d1682c9b70b90c.png

 

Your log is literally filled with this inifnite loop. Now, I'm not saying this is absolute cause of your issue. But I am trying to help you here. You said two interesting things....

 

1. You have modified scripting of mods you have installed. 

2. "I feel like with AAF it's like I've been trying to fill a pool that has no bottom." 

 

It's why I mentioned re-installing some of your mods, particularly CRX... to get them back to release state. In order to see if maybe the current version, that has not been modified may fix the problem. By eliminating this, if the problem still occurred...troubleshooting could move on to the next possible issue. 

 

So, you know....we're willing to help, but you have to be willing to troubleshoot on your end too. ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...