Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

21 hours ago, dWarden18 said:

Some nord npcs mainly males(Didn't find any females having this issue) are getting Black face textures, so I used Face discoloration fix but it replaces the face with vanilla ones and they don't suit with the Tempered Skins for Males. Using Interesting NPCs 3DNPC SE mod outside of the this guide but I think Natural Skin Tones might be causing this issue. I sorted out my LO on the left panel from bottom-top approach as per the right panel but still the problem is there.

I have the same issue (only nord males) and i don't use Natural Skin Tones, i'm still searching what might cause this.

Edit - Fixed : i use High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.04 and it had to come later in load order 

21 hours ago, dWarden18 said:

Some nord npcs mainly males(Didn't find any females having this issue) are getting Black face textures, so I used Face discoloration fix but it replaces the face with vanilla ones and they don't suit with the Tempered Skins for Males. Using Interesting NPCs 3DNPC SE mod outside of the this guide but I think Natural Skin Tones might be causing this issue. I sorted out my LO on the left panel from bottom-top approach as per the right panel but still the problem is there.

DO NOT USE multiple mods modifying same npcs, doesn't matter if they modify different part of those npcs.

One method you can try is to get the id of those black face npc (open console and click on that npc) and search that id in xEdit and see what mod modify that npc and tinker with load order.

Or download high poly patch for that mod.

Found this skse mod Alternate Conversation Camera. I think this complement improved camera well, make conversion a bit more cinematic. To make it work with improved camera, change the ini setting in Improved Camera like so

Switched the setting from "bSwitchPOVMatchCameraRotX=1" to "bSwitchPOVMatchCameraRotX=0" (in improved camera .ini ) which solved the problem of camera skipping to sky/ground.

Also I skim through the comment of that mod and someone said that the expression function from "PC Head Tracking and Voice Type" does not work with this mod. Can someone confirm this? I'm don't know how to test this function.

19 hours ago, wollboi said:

Updated my entertainment center setup. Still getting ~50 FPS (capped at 60) on the overworld in 4K or 1080p. Switch to Doom Eternal? 120 FPS in 4K.

This ****ing game, man. It's like it's ten years old or something.

Out of curiosity, how do manage to put it on 4k? I mean, i know how in any normal game, but how do you do it with SKSE? since its a virtual installation and all of that

19 minutes ago, LesboIsBesto said:

just for curiosity's sake, has anyone tried modding the Game Pass version of SE on PC? Is it basically the xbox version on PC or the same as Steam?

AFAIK these games go into protected folders, that complicates things. And there is no SKSE support for it

"SKSE cannot support any potential Windows Store release of Skyrim. Windows Store applications are locked down similarly to consoles and do not allow the APIs necessary for script extenders to work." (statement available in the official skse website).

It's simply not worth it. A Steam install will be better and probably already acquired if the user has a PC and interest in playing Skyrim.

6 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Out of curiosity, how do manage to put it on 4k? I mean, i know how in any normal game, but how do you do it with SKSE? since its a virtual installation and all of that

I'm failing to see the link between being a virtual installation, SKSE and the resolution. You set the resolution in the config files of the game (or force it through the GPU control panel), then you launch the game as usual through MO2 and if it was properly configured it will display the selected resolution.

Although they are not really my cup of tea, i'll be adding 'Tattoos and Warpaints' as they might be useful for some builds.

Added Subgroup: Tattoos and Warpaints Done

Added the following mods into the subgroup: Done

Community Overlays 1 (0-30)

Community Overlays 2 (31-50)

Community Overlays 3 (51- 70)

Weathered Nordic Bodypaints

Updated the list and the last status update with the required changes. Done

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Although they are not really my cup of tea, i'll be adding 'Tattoos and Warpaints' as they might be useful for some builds.

Added Subgroup: Tattoos and Warpaints Done

Added the following mods into the subgroup: Done

Community Overlays 1 (0-30)

Community Overlays 2 (31-50)

Community Overlays 3 (51- 70)

Weathered Nordic Bodypaints

Updated the list and the last status update with the required changes. Done

Note that in Overlay pack 3 there's a tattoo that *can* cause a CTD, which after a lot of troubleshooting I narrowed it down to that mod. Thankfully there's a patch in the downloads for that. It's just hard to figure out when it happens while scrolling rapidly through your overlays and you just finished downloading and installing 500 mods.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm having trouble with cum effects showing up. I have it turned on in SexLab and its time to show cranked up to max and I never see any. I even installed SLACS the other day to see if that would make a difference and even tried forcing it on characters and nothing shows. NPCs sometimes make comments because the cum seems to be applied but not visible. Does SexLab cum take up a certain armor slot or overlay or something? What could possibly interfere with it?

@Just Don't

Thanks. That is a very interesting piece of information about the 'Windows Store' (and another reason to avoid it).

@dumbcow

Thanks. Added a comment for that.

@ralchemilla

How about you decide that for yourself? Only you know how powerful your system is.

@Sasquatcher

You've seen the entry in 'Troubleshooting', right?

It also shows up on armors and uses no slot as it is an overlay (aka applied like a tattoo or warpaint).

15 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@dumbcow

@ralchemilla

How about you decide that for yourself? Only you know how powerful your system is.

@Sasquatcher

It also shows up on armors and uses no slot as it is an overlay (aka applied like a tattoo or warpaint).

Oh, I see, this has never happened to me before in all the times I've set up SexLab, I'll have to try that, thanks.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@Just Don't

Thanks. That is a very interesting piece of information about the 'Windows Store' (and another reason to avoid it).

@dumbcow

@ralchemilla

@Sasquatcher

thank you!  i'll try it

20 hours ago, Aylis said:

@akadeadpool

I found that one irritating. Especially when the camera randomly changed the orientation when the conversation was finished.

You haven't changed the setting in improved camera. You must make the below change to solve orientation problem.

Switched the setting from "bSwitchPOVMatchCameraRotX=1" to "bSwitchPOVMatchCameraRotX=0" (in improved camera .ini ) which solved the problem of camera skipping to sky/ground.

I notice there is a patch for JK drunken huntsman and Immersive wench, you may want to rerun jk collection patch.

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Yep, hadn't updated the entry yet. Fixed

Seems i completely overlooked a part of the tree setup (wondered why some options didn't show up). I got it now and i am working on it. Sorry for that...

Old vs New

Spoiler

ScreenShot1540.jpg.106311dc682cc1d8682baded69ac4745.jpg

ScreenShot1545.jpg.28455ad064b9e74af876183205c9fc3c.jpg

ScreenShot1542.jpg.4917ad5d179c487485731c75bedec154.jpg

ScreenShot1546.jpg.022cdb4e2bed76de746c5936bfdf5841.jpg

I also found a bark texture that looks similar to the one found in my area, so it looks more 'natural' to me.

Spoiler

Pfuscher (Standard)                                                            Spruce                                                                              Pine

Bark.jpg.aceaad6d4b00c114628441cade050834.jpg

I'll add the two additional ones so you can decide which one you prefer.

The next thing is the mod Pine Branches Redone. I finally found better branches that actually work.

Close up: Old vs New

Spoiler

112014212_SkyrimSE2021-04-0719-11-22.jpg.e58ba39f95dd287e9fd258c91c5f697f.jpg

1098582620_SkyrimSE2021-04-0719-34-10.jpg.7dcb5165f9858afc0db30f6c35d36e14.jpg

*sigh*

Rerun of DynDOLOD #300 incoming...

I swear i spend more time rerunning that thing than actually playing the game!

Hi Aylis,

I am fairly new to modding Skyrim and have a few questions about your list.  I have been using the list from the first page and I read it said use that page but later I see you removed things and added other things.  I am not sure if there is another area to find your updated guide.  Also I like to use Pandorable NPC or Bijin for some NPC can I just add the mod after High Poly NPC?  

Thanks for making this list/guide.

Have a great day,

48 minutes ago, Takumi77 said:

Hi Aylis,

I am fairly new to modding Skyrim and have a few questions about your list.  I have been using the list from the first page and I read it said use that page but later I see you removed things and added other things.  I am not sure if there is another area to find your updated guide.  Also I like to use Pandorable NPC or Bijin for some NPC can I just add the mod after High Poly NPC?  

Thanks for making this list/guide.

Have a great day,

The list and the five posts after that are up to date, so you don't have to worry about the hundreds of posts after that. 

In theory you can mix and match npc stuff, whether it will work in practice though will be determined by testing. The setup you mention should work though.

Spoiler

2021_04.07-20_29.png.bdddd2db34b0b93fe96b132a8678c0b5.png

Does this look normal or did I make a woopsie?  Must be the new integration of the armor?  It's one of the Whiterun Guards armor texture being weird.

Some of them are rocking the armor provided by the new NordWar mod in the last update and some are rocking this.  

Edit 1# Reseting his armor fixed it but what could be causing this issue?