Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Aylis I use Wintersun off and on with the guide. No issues. It adds a lot of shrines on the overworld, but I've never run across any conflicts (which is kind of astounding now that I think about it). I turn it off and on depending on my character though, so there's probably something I haven't run across.

Actually, one issue is that whenever I would kneel to pray my character sometimes wouldn't get back up. I think that was maybe in certain cells, as it never happened outdoors. Still not a biggie.

8 hours ago, axz2 said:

I think ENB Helper is supposed to take the place of Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB.

----

"Yes, you should disable or delete .esp from Particle Patch if you are using ENB Helper."

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7371141-enb-helper-se/page-32#entry91009023

"I was told this: "if you use the ENB Helper (for multiple weathers ) you do not need the (Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB) plugin."

In ENBSeries.ini there is an EnableMultipleWeathers=true OR false. In-game with Enter+Shift it's can be enabled there too. So if I have ENB Helper installed then I don't need the plugin for Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB ("Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp") apparently they say. "'SKSE weather plugin' = ENB Helper = true""

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93508#p93508

Yes, Boris is correct. The ENB helper is an SKSE plugin created by aers that adds necessary functions that ENB weather system requires.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/23174

The plugin in this patch changes some things to help ENB detect the time of day but like stated, it's not necessary when you use the ENB helper because then the time of day will be always correct anyway.

LOOT (which I don't use for sorting), if run with both enabled, also says the same thing.

TLDR you can disbale the eps, but keep the meshes/textures.

@trgdolors EFPs is a good mod, not going to lie, (along with the interior version) and will gain you fps (by removing draw cells) on new games, but it currently still gets updated relatively quickly, so if your planning any long playthroughs is better skipping til they do more/release more compatability patches. There is a list of patches in the discord, both released and upcomming, but there permance is still up to question - they also seem to be fixing some vanilla issues as they go.

As for Wintersun -  there is a Sexlab compatability mod, that while still rather bare bones adds a lil more to the main mod. It is a little rough and i think i picked up some fixes for it off the legendary edition thread, including some .inis to set i think. It works ok, but is still kinda incomplete i think, and has little devolopment. Has some patches in the Sexlab Shrines thread for a lil more interaction between the two.

Enai also did a more stripped down version of Wintersun, Trua, Minimalistic Faiths of Skyrim.

Edited by Rikdo

Just looking for some willing souls to critique my load order in effort to optimize it with my additions.  I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 to my computer to really bad instability in my GPU (Sapphire Nitro + 5700XT) due to driver timeouts/random bluescreens/blackscreen/etc.  I tried to troubleshoot it but it was getting to the point older drivers that were good at one point became sources of pain in misery through constant DDU and reinstall of Radeon drivers (chipset and graphics).  It didn't matter if there old or new, recommended or optional, complete instability.

So I'm going to start from scratch with Aylis's newest update but cross reference with my previous load order to add my own little twist.  It might be a little daunting for anyone but I would love the advice, guidance, and pure knowledge that I have come to seek from the likes of @Aylis,@wollboi, and everyone else who's made this possible.  Shout outs to you guys for making this my go-to guide and honestly nexus for my Skyrim SE modding needs. 

Thanks so much.   Here goes nothing, check out my load order if you dare.

loadorder.txt

@ascendentkunglao 5000 series gpus are notorious for 'quirks' and 'issues'. If I were you I would check what you can get for it on ebay and jump to a 3060/70 TI.  Obviously only makes sense if you can afford to buy the new card first before you sell the old one.

Regarding your loadorder. I don't see anything that screams 'don't use' at first glance, alternate start I would expect to be somewhat lower, CCOR kinda works (needs fiddling to completely 'integrate'). Try to keep your additions somewhere in the categories they make sense. Or if everything fails and you have no fraking clue where you need to put that specific esp try the method for dummies. Save your loadorder in MO. Run loot and check where the new esp is placed. Restore your saved loadorder and manually drag the esp in the equivalent spot.

Small preview what i'm working on and what is already finished.

Planned changes This can still change!

Mods to be removed/deactivated

Spoiler

Fixed Dragon Stalking Fix                                                   Not needed anymore

SSE Parallax Shader Fix (BETA)                                            Now included in the ENB (you got to make an update for that)

?Just deactivate it. Boris didn't really want to include it in his file, so better keep it around for now.

Butterflies Unchained                                                         Not needed anymore

Mannequin Manipulator                                                                      ''

Multiple Floors Sandboxing                                                                 ''

Mods to be added/moved/renamed

Spoiler

Unofficial Skyrim Modder's Patch - USMP                         Replaces quite a few of the older mods.

SkySA - Elder Souls - The Collection                                  Very nice animations

Better Tempering Experience                                             Speeds up the slow gain for smithing

Fizzle                                                                                   Adds some logic to magic

Weapon Speed Effects Fix                                                  Bugfix

Wintersun                                                                           Didn't think i would like it, but it adds to the immersion.

Wintersun - Metric Units                                                    A big fat 'Nope' to imperial measurements

Checking out

DAR Numbers

Just a quick list of the used numbers and their overlaps.

DAR Numbers.xml

Edited by Aylis

@ascendentkunglao I would just say be smart about it. Most of my additions are Override mods, so they belong there. Look and see if there's any conflicts with mods on the list. When you download a mod not on the list, check the Requirements section on Nexus and see if there are any requirements for the additional mod that reference anything on the list (I'm using Apocalypse for this character, so for instance I'd need the patch for Ordinator). Same goes for the Files tab, check to see if there are any patches there as well. That's pretty much all I do, but I'd say I only have like a dozen additions, then probably that many again patches.

Hmm, really want to roll a nature mage for my next char, but with all the combat mods now I'm really wanting to do a knight. Regardless, I think I am finally nearing my THIRD finished run on this game during the ten years I've played it.

@alaunus01 Right?! It's weird.

So I don't think Smooth Combat/Non-Combat and SkySA are compatible. I've tried different weapon combinations, and the character is just holding the weapon in place (leaning the shoulder, down to the side, etc.) with none of the little flourishes. Also, the new walking animations look a little fugly IMO. A lot like vanilla.

Also, can someone sanity-check me using a controller? Holding down a power attack always makes the PC do a regular attack first, then a power attack. Makes combos kinda pointless.

Edited by wollboi

@alaunus01I appreciate the advice, I'm looking into possibly doing a upgrade/sidegrade if necessary to be honest. 

@wollboi Thanks again, yeah I haven't really had issues besides some of the big updates  by Aylis so I just rocked with what I had and added certain things that I had stumbled upon and thought wouldn't be anything to restart a game.  I had a pretty nice playthrough going with my Glass Cannon Dual Wielding/Frost Magic Orc Waifu but the game saves were on the wrong drive when I clean installed windows.  

54 minutes ago, ascendentkunglao said:

[...]I'm looking into possibly doing a upgrade/sidegrade if necessary to be honest.[...] 

To elaborate a bit on your GPU options. 5700xt should yield you something around 700 bucks if you sell it. At the very least that would be either a new 6600xt or 3060. Which would be 'fine' for 1080p but lacking for 1440p. If you want to play 1440p you most likely need to pony up the extra cash to upgrade to 3070/ti. That are your current options. If you can wait a couple more months Q1/22 3060 super will be an interesting option for 1080p and the higher end arc alchemist card something that could compete with the 3070. Not sure how much you would get for your old GPU next year though.

If you should decide to wait you could try switching your PSU (if you didn't already try that). Not neccessarily a larger one just a different one (one of the 5000series 'quirks' I mentioned)

@Aylis

Hi just wanted to point out a few errors I found so far in the guide:

XLODgen Terrain
    SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm is different filesize? Also better download location for those:-
       https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54680?tab=files

Apparently you only need one of them active, not both for file generation.

Kyne's Grass
    I noticed the alternative esps can be placed above Kyne's Grass.esp (which is probably bad)

DynDOLOD Resources SE
    Pointing to wrong location (Skyrim), correct location:
       https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32382?tab=files

Enhanced Vanilla Trees - Lush Trees
    Ideally you should mention for DynDOLOD 2 (looks like below) as the main one you come across in the download section is for DynDOLOD 3.
        1) EVT - Lush Trees v2.1.0 (DynDOLOD 2)

Looks nice this guide very comprehensive, forgot how annoying some things are to setup since being away from SkyrimSE for 2yrs!!!

Right anyway back to it (take 2 - deep breathes) take 1 I was getting instant CTD working through this list. (I think an SKSE plugin or I missed something)

Arranz

p.s. I'll let you know if I find any other inconsistencies :P

I transferred my mod list to another computer and everything seems to work except the player character T-poses after running for a second.  Doesn't matter male or female, and it is only for jogging.  Sprinting and walking are fine.  All other animations are fine.  Only jogging and only on the player character. 

Anyone seen this before?

EDIT:  It is something with MBO (Movement Behavior Overhaul).  Probably missing a patch or file or something (not the nemesis engine check).

Edited by slough_monster

@Arranz

Nope, no errors. ?

1. Finally on Nexus? Link updated.

2. Look closer...

?XYZ                      : Patch from a mod that has to be moved to this spot in the load order

3. Thats now the third time i fixed that *insert colorful adjective of your choice here* link... Hopefully it sticks now.

4. Won't be necessary much longer...

O.o

The mod 'The Jedi Trees' is a gamechanger. It can easily replace something between 9-13 mods in the guide. That would mean less possible conflicts, less separate mods to download and a much easier installation as the mod doesn't need to be configured.

I'll recheck a few areas and i guess i then have to make a hotfix.

Edited by Aylis

@Aylis

Can you please go to bed!!! When I was double checking yesterday maybe the day before you had updated whilst I was working through the list. :D

Those Jedi Trees look really nice! Oh on another note are you able to make links always open in a different tab/window links to LL go directly there? (Don't matter if you can't I'll just ramble to myself when I click on them)

What do you think of this mod btw for your list TDN Equipable Horns SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9224?tab=description

Arranz

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.2.3'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Hotfix for the new tree setup.

RERUN for an update:

Your Own Thoughts

Wrye Bash

DynDOLOD (i recommend a full run)

On an existing save i recommend a run of 'FallrimTools'. But ONLY for the 'Unattached instances' as the rest will sort itself out.

Removed/deactivated mods

Spoiler

Foundation

Fixed Dragon Stalking Fix                                                   Not needed anymore

Enhanced Vanilla Trees - Lush Trees                                   Got replaced

Pine Branches Redone                                                                   ''

Reach Tree Replacer SSE                                                                '' 

Reach Tree Replacer SSE - Billboards                                             ''

Reach Tree Replacer SSE - DynDoLOD Ultra Tree Lod                   ''

Trees Addon SE                                                                              ''

Trees Addon - Billboards                                                               ''

Green and Lush Aspen Trees SE                                                    ''

SKSE

SSE Parallax Shader Fix (BETA)                                            Now included in the ENB (you got to make an update for that)

?Just deactivate it. Boris didn't really want to include it in his file, so better keep it around for now.

Textures

(Bark) Spruce                                                                      Got replaced

(Bark) Pine                                                                                     ''

Creatures

Butterflies Unchained                                                         Not needed anymore

Override

Mannequin Manipulator                                                    Not needed anymore

Trees Addon - Tactical Valtheim Patch                                                 ''

Multiple Floors Sandboxing                                                                 ''

Added/moved/renamed mods

Spoiler

Foundation

Unofficial Skyrim Modder's Patch - USMP                         Replaces quite a few of the older mods.

The Jedi Trees                                                                     AIO for trees

Physics and Animation

SkySA - Elder Souls - The Collection                                  Very nice animations

Override

Better Tempering Experience                                              Speeds up the gain for smithing

Fizzle                                                                                   Adds some logic to magic

Wintersun                                                                           Didn't think i would like it, but it adds to the immersion.

Wintersun - Metric Units                                                    A big fat 'Nope' to imperial measurements

Wintersun - USSEP Patch

Patches

Auri - Wintersun Patch

Weapon Speed Effects Fix                                                  Bugfix

Working on

And now i'm off to bed. I already pushed way past midnight... 

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.3 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

I'm getting a Shadows.esp master missing for a bunch of my plugins (mostly JK's mods, and a few other), is this normal?  I did notice the Window Shadows is now Window Shadows RT.  Is all these plugins calling it out really an issue?  I just want to get my load order up to speed before I start my game again from scratch. xD

Thanks...

Edited by ascendentkunglao
More concise information on the mods that are calling out a missing master.
46 minutes ago, ascendentkunglao said:

I'm getting a Shadows.esp master missing for a bunch of my plugins (mostly JK's mods, and a few other), is this normal?  I did notice the Window Shadows is now Window Shadows RT.  Is all these plugins calling it out really an issue?  I just want to get my load order up to speed before I start my game again from scratch.

check that the patches are below the mods they are supposed to patch

@akadeadpool

I'm still checking those. I doubt we need every existing patch. ;)

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.43b3180fa257a12022762032124d09f4.jpg

Edited by Aylis

(SGC) SkySA's mod's download page says to -

"set or add "fInitialPowerAttackDelay=x" in your Skyrim.INI
x must range between 0.1 and 0.15"

Easy enough to do manually but it isn't in your ini files that you put up for download.

Looking in to it a bit more, I think I see why.  It may not be needed for your setup.  You have (SGC) SkySA - Intense Combat in optional flles, and I'm guessing your run it yourself.   The comment for that download says (among other things) - "SkySA is now plug and play", which seems to imply you don't have to make changes.  I was going to ask for confirmation at the mod page but it doesn't have the post area enabled.