Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

9 hours ago, JK.2080 said:

WoW! :O

Guys play hide and seek, and you unmask them. :(

Quickly delete your post before the agents of Koei Tecmo read it!

no, iiis too late, they have already read. :)
Perhaps I was mistaked, I only want the latest mods.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:48 PM, vagonumero13 said:

g1mtools updated to version 0.3 (file is in page 26).

Fixed a problem in g1mimport that would corrupt some meshes.

Aurora Rain, this time I tested with the file you gave me, now it works ok.

Ok, it works!!!!! @vagonumero13 Thank you for your hard work!

Here's my mod everyone:20190406151454_1.jpg.4bbd58efa3bf9989663384f6e0cd8186.jpg

Download:

NIC_COS_005.g1m

Gallery:

Spoiler

20190406152417_1.jpg.49a5ebd1575a4b1dfaf2b48d73ddabe9.jpg20190406152137_1.jpg.2a8edc15d8659a12d90d4cac5c2e7d87.jpg

Enjoy.

There is one issue though about the process:

Spoiler

20190406144251_1.jpg.78e25d8abacc782d646b2610b58c3b0d.jpg

See that horizontal seam going across the back of her coat?  That's an issue with vertex normals, they're split now between the coat and the coat tails, this is likely because we still can't import soft cloth into blender yet because of the 4D error, so blender is splitting the normals where the mesh parts are separate :(

5 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

@vagonumero13 Is there a way to know the new DLCs Textures hash names?

The information of the names is not there. However, some files (such as .mtl) leak some file names, albeit not with their hashes. For example, I know the wedding dress g1m real names are all  XXX_COS_010, and the textures are things like MPR_Muscle_Character_XXXCOS010_a01, .

I plan to add support to both rdbtool and REDELBE for additional names, but I will have to find the names myself. Because going .g1t by .g1t is too much time consuming (and boring), I will add some debug options to REDELBE to log everything the game is trying to read at any given time, it will help me to locate the names faster.

So, the answer: atm no, but there will be a way in the future.

Hi, can someone PLEASE make a mod to fix Nyotengu's victory pose animation in Doa6? She looks pretty enough, but looks lifeless and weirdly gluttonous, like she's licking away the grease from a big burger. And there's a weird crease at the corner of her mouth, making her look kind of chubby. The old Doa5 nyotengu is 1000% better - her eyes look drowsy and beckoning, and when that tongue comes out - boy - instant nose bleed geyser! Don't know if this is possible, but can someone please fix her animation? Unacceptable for Doa6. 

1 hour ago, Aurora Rain said:

Ok, it works!!!!! @vagonumero13 Thank you for your hard work!

Here's my mod everyone:20190406151454_1.jpg.4bbd58efa3bf9989663384f6e0cd8186.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

20190406152417_1.jpg.49a5ebd1575a4b1dfaf2b48d73ddabe9.jpg20190406152137_1.jpg.2a8edc15d8659a12d90d4cac5c2e7d87.jpg

NIC_COS_005.g1m 2.78 MB · 9 downloads

Enjoy.

There is one issue though about the process:

Reveal hidden contents

20190406144251_1.jpg.78e25d8abacc782d646b2610b58c3b0d.jpg

See that horizontal seam going across the back of her coat?  That's an issue with vertex normals, they're split now between the coat and the coat tails, this is likely because we still can't import soft cloth into blender yet because of the 4D error, so blender is splitting the normals where the mesh parts are separate :(

How do you use 1m files as mods? Im only familiar with the .ini files...

41 minutes ago, mister345 said:

Hi, can someone PLEASE make a mod to fix Nyotengu's victory pose animation in Doa6? She looks pretty enough, but looks lifeless and weirdly gluttonous, like she's licking away the grease from a big burger. And there's a weird crease at the corner of her mouth, making her look kind of chubby. The old Doa5 nyotengu is 1000% better - her eyes look drowsy and beckoning, and when that tongue comes out - boy - instant nose bleed geyser! Don't know if this is possible, but can someone please fix her animation? Unacceptable for Doa6. 

I would like to, but I require a way to export and import animations first, which we're no where near being able to do that yet.
I'm an animator, so I have the skills to to fix the animation, but there's nothing I can do without the tools to do it yet.

The tool makers are working very hard, and all this is still very new.

1 hour ago, vagonumero13 said:

The information of the names is not there. However, some files (such as .mtl) leak some file names, albeit not with their hashes. For example, I know the wedding dress g1m real names are all  XXX_COS_010, and the textures are things like MPR_Muscle_Character_XXXCOS010_a01, .

I plan to add support to both rdbtool and REDELBE for additional names, but I will have to find the names myself. Because going .g1t by .g1t is too much time consuming (and boring), I will add some debug options to REDELBE to log everything the game is trying to read at any given time, it will help me to locate the names faster.

So, the answer: atm no, but there will be a way in the future.

I tried to use XXXCOS010 before but it didn't work XD, so i extract all the textures and a few of them were encrypted, but checking everyone is a pain in the ass.

Thank you anyway for your tools ^.^

2 hours ago, mister345 said:

Привет, может кто-нибудь, пожалуйста, сделать мод, чтобы исправить победу Nyotengu в позе анимации в Doa6?Она выглядит довольно красивой, но выглядит безжизненной и странной прожорливой, как будто она вылизывает жир из большого бургера.И есть странная складка в углу ее рта, что делает ее похожей на пухленькую.Старый Doa5 nyotengu на 1000% лучше-ее глаза выглядят сонными и манящими, и когда этот язык выходит-boy-instant nose bleed geyser!Не знаю, возможно ли это, но кто-нибудь может исправить ее анимацию?Неприемлемо для Doa6.

в новом DoA 6 и правда есть много чего что мне не нравится. В DoA5LR я полюбил персонажа Tina за великолепные на мой концовки боя и отличную музыку сопровождающую этого персонажа. А в новом DoA  просто печаль :(

Can anyone download this tool and upload it here?

It's made by Tianmuxia

They have this to say:

Spoiler

Wrote a tool that converts the unparalleled G1M model to the DAE common format, supporting 354 to 358!
Support bone weight export, support model block reset! !
Textures are only associated with basic textures, normal maps, and specular maps. Other textures don't know how to associate them in Dae. . .
Please use other tools to export g1m models from LinkData, such as the tools of Luo Da, the tools of Liang Gong, and the tools of Van.
Support batch conversion, put the g1m model directly into the data folder, and then run the program.
I don't support the export of cloth for the time being, because I am too lazy to write, hahahahaha, the import of cloth is very troublesome, and I simply don't write it. I have to feel up and make up.
I don't support DAE to G1M, I will write it later, I have to spend time, and I will finish writing when the snake is out. . .
It is not recommended to use 356, because the model data of 356 is double redundancy, which causes Blender to identify the skeleton, and other tools are normal.
After 356, the problem of semi-transparent textures is handled by you. Anyway, I will only use shaders to process them. I will not know how to deal with them.
Why do I use 357 to practice screenshots? Because Blender doesn't support BC7 format textures, I don't bother to switch to TGA.
It is necessary to spit out the official document of COLLADA. It is too difficult to find a complete thing. Ah. . . . "

https://pan.baidu.com/s/15ZxygsDCX3xvuDZZto3Kxg

5 hours ago, Aurora Rain said:

Can anyone download this tool and upload it here?

It's made by Tianmuxia

They have this to say:

Hide contents

Wrote a tool that converts the unparalleled G1M model to the DAE common format, supporting 354 to 358!
Support bone weight export, support model block reset! !
Textures are only associated with basic textures, normal maps, and specular maps. Other textures don't know how to associate them in Dae. . .
Please use other tools to export g1m models from LinkData, such as the tools of Luo Da, the tools of Liang Gong, and the tools of Van.
Support batch conversion, put the g1m model directly into the data folder, and then run the program.
I don't support the export of cloth for the time being, because I am too lazy to write, hahahahaha, the import of cloth is very troublesome, and I simply don't write it. I have to feel up and make up.
I don't support DAE to G1M, I will write it later, I have to spend time, and I will finish writing when the snake is out. . .
It is not recommended to use 356, because the model data of 356 is double redundancy, which causes Blender to identify the skeleton, and other tools are normal.
After 356, the problem of semi-transparent textures is handled by you. Anyway, I will only use shaders to process them. I will not know how to deal with them.
Why do I use 357 to practice screenshots? Because Blender doesn't support BC7 format textures, I don't bother to switch to TGA.
It is necessary to spit out the official document of COLLADA. It is too difficult to find a complete thing. Ah. . . . "

https://pan.baidu.com/s/15ZxygsDCX3xvuDZZto3Kxg

MusouTool.zip

The daily version of g1mtools (sarcasm).

g1mtools updated to 0.4 (download in page 26)

Changes: added a new tool, g1m2fbx.  As you can deduce from the name, it exports a g1m to a fbx file. Only for visualizing, don't expect me to create the opposite tool (fbx2g1m), because that is veeeeery unlikely to happen.

Notes (g1m2fbx):

- The .exe is so big because of the fbx sdk.

- Out of pure lazyness, the fbx doesn't include tangents or vertex color (for meshes that have those). And of course, it doesn't include all the shit specific to this game either (like that hellish SOFT  thing).

- Leave the costume.oid file there. That file is to put friendly names to bones (only for costumes, won't do anything to hair, items or other things).

- Skirts,and things alike will display weird (the parts that would give the "4D error" on vb/ib+ blender). Those parts require me to parse the so called NUNO/NUNV sections, which currently my tools ignore.

- The bones may not be oriented properly in blender? If someone has the autodesk program, and loads the fbx, tell me if they are oriented properly there.

- I don't recommend to run the tool on .g1m that have been modified by g1m_hide. That... may not end well.

- Maybe more incorrections? Probably.

Usage (g1m2fbx):

- Drag and drop a g1m file, and it will generate a single .fbx file.

- Drag and drop a folder instead, and it will scan the folder for .g1m files, create a subfolder there called "FBX", and it will put there all the .fbx.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:15 AM, vagonumero13 said:

As for the skirt, etc, I know that almost all skirts of all chars usually give the "4D vertex" errors. They are using 4D positions and 4D normals for skirts and things alike, not sure what exactly is that, I had never seen vertex like that in other games. Do you know if it happens on a skirt mesh captured by 3dmigoto aswell? 

You can disable this error in the blender script pretty easily and they will import, but I've left it in for now to remind myself I still need to check what significance this has (e.g. they import in a different orientation to the rest of the costume) and determine whether I need to preserve the W coordinate on export.

1 hour ago, ausgeek said:

You can disable this error in the blender script pretty easily and they will import,

Not many of us are programmers, or even understand code.
Some explicit instructions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated, like what line in the script do we have to comment out, or what values do we have to add?

Btw, thank you for your addon @ausgeek , it's one of the things that really got the ball rolling.