Bethesda Broke Console Mods?

Ernest Lemmingway

Spoiler

I've mentioned this before on my thread polling whether folks use the CC. But even there I said I'd not heard a thing beyond they were having issues. What I never heard was how long it had been going on until I saw this. FOUR MONTHS since console mods broke and still no official fix? Wow!

And we all know what was released four months ago. Because that game is not relevant to this discussion, this is not the place to discuss it. I'll delete this thread myself if anyone does. Just share any ideas or conspiracy theories about SSE/FO4 console mods suddenly not working. Mods for the console versions were the primary selling point and now that target audience is being left high and dry.

Incidentally it also explains why we're getting more and more people asking about porting mods from PC to console. If you're one of them, remember: THIS IS A PC MOD SITE! WE DO NOT DEAL WITH CONSOLES HERE!

27 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Incidentally it also explains why we're getting more and more people asking about porting mods from PC to console. If you're one of them, remember: THIS IS A PC MOD SITE! WE DO NOT DEAL WITH CONSOLES HERE!

I know most stuff is PC here but did Ashal officially say that consoles are not supported?

39 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

I know most stuff is PC here but did Ashal officially say that consoles are not supported?

Well I am not sure exactly how the hierarchy goes but Myuhinny has been saying that. He is a moderator so I assume he would know right?

Are console mods really broken? That kinda sucks.

47 minutes ago, sila said:

Are console mods really broken? That kinda sucks.

That's what I keep hearing. And reading. And seeing on YouTube.

It is unfair to console players. But let's remember that console mods were plagued with issues from its launch: mod theft due to no verification system, mod limitations based on console hardware/firmware, Sony limiting mods, etc. Console modding has been fairly underwhelming and even on LL we've seen people switching to the PC versions of SSE and FO4 from the console versions simply because of it. The idea never really got off the ground and has never gained even a fraction of the support that PC mods did back in '02.

What I find surprising is that the CC is suffering the same issues. It's not like them to let a money grab flounder like this.

3 hours ago, Halstrom said:

Console mods are fine, as long as they do not violate the terms of service of the game system or Bethesda.  It is more or less up to the mod makers on whether they want to support consoles.

Obviously much of the mods that exist here (nude mods and sex mods) violate both the TOS of console makers and Beth.net so they are a no go.

Maybe they are just trying to cut their losses all around? That includes updates of any kind for the Creation Club for now, even for maintenance, since it likely isn't drawing in as much revenue as they anticipated or at least not enough to continue to divert funds to it when they have other games to complete (whether said games are unreleased or came out months ago).

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

What happens when the same company control the pipelines for mods and creation club content, and the creation club content get less and less sales?

One of two things: they make more ludicrously overpriced crap to try and boost sales or they just pull the plug because the whole thing turns into a money sink as sales fail to cover even the electricity bill of running the host servers.

Well at least console players got a taste what pc gamers where getting from bethesda a broken game. From what learned pc mods are also broken due to new Creation club update. even looks menu seem to be broken now and even causes freezes witch it never did before.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12631/?tab=forum&topic_id=7217656

Allot of users has has this now and expired seem to be aware of the bugs caused by the latest update a known fix is not yet ready.

• 1 year later...

I have to give it to Bugthesda. They aren't giving up on the Cancer Club. Despite the fact more and more of its content has to be created in-house because modders are getting wise to the bullshit. At least in regards to Skyrim. I haven't bothered watching any videos about FO4 CC mods in over a year and of the mods released in the last Skyrim CC update, only one was credited to an indie modder and they were something of a no-name. Actually, I might have seen another house mod by Elianora, but after her meltdown defending the CC we all know where her head is at.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 12:19 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I have to give it to Bugthesda. They aren't giving up on the Cancer Club. Despite the fact more and more of its content has to be created in-house because modders are getting wise to the bullshit. At least in regards to Skyrim. I haven't bothered watching any videos about FO4 CC mods in over a year and of the mods released in the last Skyrim CC update, only one was credited to an indie modder and they were something of a no-name. Actually, I might have seen another house mod by Elianora, but after her meltdown defending the CC we all know where her head is at.

Her head is literally up pete's ass and I mean literally.

She's been bucking for a job at bethesda for four years, and frankly she fits the average employee's profile there; virtue signals out the yangyang, corporate apology at every step including every decision made in 76 and complete inability to tell the difference between subjective and objective.

5 hours ago, 27X said:

Her head is literally up pete's ass and I mean literally.

She's been bucking for a job at bethesda for four years, and frankly she fits the average employee's profile there; virtue signals out the yangyang, corporate apology at every step including every decision made in 76 and complete inability to tell the difference between subjective and objective.

Guess it's a good thing I'm not a fan of house mods. Never really bothered with her work and from the sound of it I wouldn't want to do anything to encourage her.

It would be nice if Beth just announced CC over sort of as a public service during this trying time. I have a feeling most companies just out for a cash grab anymore are going to feel quite the wrath from a fed up, brutally honest and maybe hostile consumer crowd. I mean if it never took off on consoles, then what's the point of it's existence? Cause nobody on the pc side is buying shit from them.

Archived