[Starbound] Throwing Heart

[Starbound] Throwing Heart

1093770324_ThrowingHeart.png.9c9291971023009753da14ad4df37d39.png

1366248592_forstarbound.png.98c946a5c9dba9c85fb10f079ddf4d6b.png

Sexbound

This mod introduces a new weapon called the Throwing Heart, and requires Sexbound in order to function.

The Throwing Heart can be thrown to induce damage and lust effect, and can also be found in chests. However, this does induce damage equal to the kunai, and should be used with caution in populated areas. Careful throwing it too closely to yourself! It will bounce off of surfaces that are too near to you, and may hurt you if it hits you!

You can use it on all vanilla NPC's as well as compatible monsters. Such as...

Globaura Sexbound

I like that this also does damage so it kind of fits more in place with fighting bandits and such, even though there isn't much of a rape aspect to the sexbound mod yet. Although don't know if it was intentional or not but it appears you find only one per chest if it spawns in one. Would be nice to find them in larger bundles of 5 and 10 perhaps, considering regular kunai spawn in batches of 25.

Testing it out there's a bit of a clipping bug. When using them you can't throw in the same direction as the hand being used because it hits the player as you throw them. So basically you cant throw them to the left if you wield them with the left and vise versa with the right. Throwing animation starts too close to the player I suppose?

6 hours ago, Saraniamic said:

I don't think I fully understand how the lust effect is supposed to work. You throw them at say, bandits, they get horny and start having sex with whoever is nearest to them?

It's not quite like that. The lust effect essentially makes the target remove all of their clothes, and enables sex with the given target. The target will stay still for a period of time, and won't engage in any activity until the player or aroused NPC enacts it.

11 hours ago, sonatafox said:

Testing it out there's a bit of a clipping bug. When using them you can't throw in the same direction as the hand being used because it hits the player as you throw them. So basically you cant throw them to the left if you wield them with the left and vise versa with the right. Throwing animation starts too close to the player I suppose?

This is pretty interesting, I never noticed that. This is mostly because the damage effect is unbiased, meaning it will hit anyone regardless of team. I'll see if I can find a way to fix that without changing the throw position.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 8:27 AM, RoboticBoznara said:

For some reason, using the heart kunai makes an NPC invincible to damage and that's it. They still act like they usually do and nothing new has changed (not even visible hearts). Not sure if a mod I have is conflicting with this somehow or if it's a bug I encountered.

Confirming this as well. Also, some weirdness regarding equipping the kunai the first time entering a zone and throwing them, I don't get the projectile. I have to swap off and back on to the kunais to get the projectile. I thought at first it was because I had them in the offhand but nah.

LOG file in Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Qx402aVp

• 2 months later...

I was looking at the logs for an unrelated issue but found that last version has a parse problem. Related log extract:

[23:59:18.140] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /projectiles/throwable/throwingheart/throwingheart.projectile, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /projectiles/throwable/throwingheart/throwingheart.projectile
[38] 7ff8fae6ce71 RtlUserThreadStart
Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad string, should be '"' at 3:1

I need help fixing it, the .projectile has a function call inside and looks weird to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

for some reason, 3 out of 5 times, when i throw a heart, it hits -me- instead and i just get stuck there, unable to move. i can "use" myself thanks to "go f*** yourself" but then i just stand there, doing nothing. can't walk or anything.

i can use a tech mod to fly away, but when i phase back in, i still can't move

any thoughts?

one ugly workaround i found is to set a flag right next to you (luckily, you crafted those 100 flags beforehand, "just to be on the safe side", right?... was that just me?) and teleport to it. (name it something like "spacespacespacespacespace! Temp" or something, where "space" are literal spaces, mostly unrelated to Portal 2.

then delete the flag if you wish.

alas, this would not work in protected dungeons xD... unless you go into admin mode and disabled tile protection

edit: probably unrelated, but does someone know why the defeat mod makes it so sometimes i can't defeat an npc at all, no matter how much damage i do to it? even with a one-shot-kill mod i found, they turn into nodes and go right back to attacking me, or stay as nodes until i hit them again

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a rather humerous bug. Due to some weird hitbox screwery, I was able to hit myself in the air. My player was invisible and a "node" was made on the ground. I was somehow able to move around using ropes to grapple around the place. Once a grapple was used, my player would just hover on the spot. After "interacting" with my node, my player's sprites returned (albeit facing the last direction I faced in) and my node was still there. After that I was able to grapple a good distance away, still hovering.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...