[mod] Lewdbound

Lewdbound

Lewdbound, originally created by the /sbg/ (Starbound general board) by users "Elmo, Jessie, Jizzlord, Soma" and many /sbg/ anons, is a mod that adds lewd items of a variety of types. Clothing, "crops", food, usables/guns, and even fuel!

Turns out /SBG/ still lives, albeit, with some lost members, and lots of reboots to their community. They know about the mod and contacted me back!

Disclaimers apart, here's a chunk of what Lewdbound has to offer, including my additions and edits, and integrations into the Sexbound mod:

• Lewdguns of varied races and types, they fire projectiles that spawn liquids upon impact, of the semen and piss variety and will cause NPC's to become sex nodes akin to the Aphordite's Bow.
  • A Fishing-harpoon-bow called the Fish poker. (? Yeah i don't know either.)
  • A bound-floran "crop" that can be grown to acquire Floran Flower-cones (Their dicks, yes), used in food crafting, and acquiring the floran lewd-gun by normal means, Supposed to be sold at the Penguin Bay.
  • Pregnant Scientist clothing.
  • A variety of food items made from the liquids generated by the Lewdguns. All of which are probably going to cause your clothing to become invisible temporarily.
  • Lube to produce semen liquids without using a lewdgun.
  • Cum-fuel-cells! For your ship! (FTL fuels) (Requires Frackin' Universe for this feature)
  • A cum-powered generator Appears to be disfunctional, is not compatible with FU.
  • Cum and crafting-recipe unlocks support for the following species: (Feel free to request a compat for dick and liquid for your species)
    list.PNG

Additions of my own and contributions of others:

• Shot-lewdgun, a joke weapon that is actually a very viable weapon. Just beware that its primary fire will still turn NPC's into nodes, or at least try to.
  • The Lewd Magazine and the Hole Bibel: Prototypes of what Sexbound can do with the "Arousal" system: One will cause NPC's that are hit to reach out to sexable furniture akin to the Diabella Statue, while the other will not only remove them from sexables, but also prevent them from becoming "aroused" for 5 minutes. These have no impact on players.
  • A vending machine (Sprite by Eiko, much appreciated!) from which to acquire most of the unobtainable Lewdbound items (Lewdguns, mattresses, magazines, etc)
  • The Donglenator (Box of dicks) using the LewdScripts! It spawns functional and animated dicks for your character, inherits your character's name and species. Removed.
  • CleanMattresses! Like the sexbound_prisonmattress, these thin objects have all 6 positions enabled, aren't too ugly, and include racial tags, so you too can get your tenant's prefered species and theme right! Currently has 20 variants, for the 7 playable species.
  • Liquid interactions between semen types and other liquids, making the liquids consolidate into other liquids, making less floating pools of liquid squares, and resulting in things such as ruined semen blocks and lively semen blocks. These blocks are not obtainable normally, and instead drop crafting materials. Blobs of lively semen culture can be used for much cheaper lewd fuel cells.

4 hours ago, Saraniamic said:

All of this sounds highly promising, will definitely check it out. Thank you for uploading this.

Edit: Tried it, crashes my game on startup. That's not a good sign.

Should probably have included some installation steps... Oh well.

If the problem persists, feel free to do the usual error hunt, post your logs and i'll look into them.

26 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Should probably have included some installation steps... Oh well.

If the problem persists, feel free to do the usual error hunt, post your logs and i'll look into them.

So... how about them installation steps?

I dumped it in the mods folder, just like I do with any other mods. It doesn't look like it's conflicting with anything: I cleared my mod folder of everything but this mod and it still crashes on startup. I went as far as reinstalling the game but that didn't work either. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong.

20 minutes ago, Saraniamic said:

So... how about them installation steps?

I dumped it in the mods folder, just like I do with any other mods. It doesn't look like it's conflicting with anything: I cleared my mod folder of everything but this mod and it still crashes on startup. I went as far as reinstalling the game but that didn't work either. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong.

The folder of the mod contains two mods inside:
Lewdbound 0.6 and Lewdbound_CleanMattress. So you'd have to open the extract zip, take both folders out and put them in the mods folder. Otherwise it's probably going to crash still.

Anyhow, usual log procedure, you know it by now yes? lol

Also, gonna future-proof it by providing paks instead, since they are easier to install. (And hopefully less prone to corrupt downloads.)

14 minutes ago, red3dred said:

The folder of the mod contains two mods inside:
Lewdbound 0.6 and Lewdbound_CleanMattress. So you'd have to open the extract zip, take both folders out and put them in the mods folder. Otherwise it's probably going to crash still.

Anyhow, usual log procedure, you know it by now yes? lol

Also, gonna future-proof it by providing paks instead, since they are easier to install. (And hopefully less prone to corrupt downloads.)

I really must thank you, again, because I never dabbled into logs because, well, starbound never crash-looped before. My game was crashing of the file called "emptyvial" or something similar and the game worked after I tracked down and deleted the file. I will attach the log so you can look at it.

starbound.log.2

17 minutes ago, Saraniamic said:

My game was crashing of the file called "emptyvial" or something similar and the game worked after I tracked down and deleted the file. I will attach the log so you can look at it.

Oh, interesting. Might have to compatibilize the mod in the future (Rename all generic things to not crash the game like that). Another mod is also defining the empty-vial from your workshop mods, apparently. Which makes sense, its not exactly unique.

Thanks for the info though, that's something i gotta change in the future!

Noted: Alchemical Reactions incompatibility...

found a lot of objects in there that are already being altered by other mods and your mod would just reset them to vanilla+fixed instead of the EBS i installed.

so to use your mod, i would basicall have to go through each and every folder of the game assets, my mods, the userassets and your mod in parallel to see what i actually can safely copy over to not break my game.

29 minutes ago, DeadSomething said:

found a lot of objects in there that are already being altered by other mods and your mod would just reset them to vanilla+fixed instead of the EBS i installed.

so to use your mod, i would basicall have to go through each and every folder of the game assets, my mods, the userassets and your mod in parallel to see what i actually can safely copy over to not break my game.

Would help to say which assets they are, and "my mod" isn't exactly accurate. I haven't looked into the food items past the fact that they exist, for instance. My main part were those listed on the proper section.

Please be fairer with the content in this, and please report the issues so i can compile a better version that won't dupe/reset items.

It wasn't meant as critic on your work, but as a headsup to anyone who already heavily modded their game.

by "my mods" i meant the installed mods - most of them EBS/skimpy.

it was mainly in the outfits and i currently don't have the patience to do that amount of work to install your modpack.

to make a list of what's conflicting would be even more work than only figuring that out and only installing the nonconflicting stuff.

most of the items that might conflict with my installed mods would be totally fine for someone else, so listing everything would most likely lead to nowhere .

i absolutely support everyone who mods for this game and i like most of the gamechanges and fixes you listed in the description.

5 hours ago, DeadSomething said:

It wasn't meant as critic on your work, but as a headsup to anyone who already heavily modded their game.

by "my mods" i meant the installed mods - most of them EBS/skimpy.

it was mainly in the outfits and i currently don't have the patience to do that amount of work to install your modpack.

to make a list of what's conflicting would be even more work than only figuring that out and only installing the nonconflicting stuff.

most of the items that might conflict with my installed mods would be totally fine for someone else, so listing everything would most likely lead to nowhere .

i absolutely support everyone who mods for this game and i like most of the gamechanges and fixes you listed in the description.

I... I'll be honest, the more i read that, the more confused i am. I took a gander at all the in-game items real quick, and the only costume there that could possibly conflict with EBS and the likes is the Pregnant scientist, which i know for a fact has a EBS/EEBS version. Your messages indicates as if i was rewriting several pieces of clothing and other items...

On a different note however, regardless if the issue is excusable, fixing and compatibilizing are a priority for me, this mod is not meant to overwrite anything. Think of it the same way you described: whatever issue it is, dozens of other users may have it, and solving "one issue for you" is solving an issue for many and thus improving the enjoyability of the mod.

Pardon if there were typos, typing long texts and words in a phone is hard, at least i don't have auto-correct.

well, i use skimpy EBS replacements and other replacements for almost every piece of clothing.

so anything changing any of those pieces would conflict.

i only checked one or two of the clothes and chose to not check the rest yet, but i will at some point - maybe tomorrow.

i understand the importance of especially incompatibility feedback and i understand that it must be as precise as possible for you to be able to change something, so i will look into the files soon and give you a detailed report (and i hope that there aren't as many conflicts at all).

in hindsight i shouldn't have written my comment at all before checking all the files first.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Any more info on that...?

Also, i should have released a small update to make SxB 2.8+ stop vomiting errors of (THIS IS INCOMPATIBLE).

The "requiredVersion" line in each *.object files stopping the beds from working while vomiting errors like you've said.

Loc changed his loungeables objects' "requiredVersion" to 2.x.x so his are working.

1 hour ago, NekoLady said:

The "requiredVersion" line in each *.object files stopping the beds from working while vomiting errors like you've said.

Loc changed his loungeables objects' "requiredVersion" to 2.x.x so his are working.

I mean, that's what i did. I updated it to add that so it avoids the messages. Unless i forgot to upload it...

Turns out i did forget. Nice.

Now its updated, do tell me if it still spams ya'll.

4 hours ago, Pumpky850 said:

Very...unique mod, can you make kitsune support and where to place bounded floran?

Sure, i can add in Kitsune support for crafting, and the Floran is treated like a seed so place it in plowed/tilled soil.

So anyway, I figured I'd try out this mod, and found out that the recipes for Lewdbriderm and Empty Vial don't show up - a quick unpakking later I noticed you rewrote their itemIDs to comply with Alchemic Reactions, but forgot to update the player.config.patch with the new itemIDs and now the blueprints aren't added automatically. Just figured I'd mention it.

28 minutes ago, Altercode said:

So anyway, I figured I'd try out this mod, and found out that the recipes for Lewdbriderm and Empty Vial don't show up - a quick unpakking later I noticed you rewrote their itemIDs to comply with Alchemic Reactions, but forgot to update the player.config.patch with the new itemIDs and now the blueprints aren't added automatically. Just figured I'd mention it.

Ah, thanks. I've not tested them thoroughly, just kind of got it to not throw errors.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:56 AM, red3dred said:

So.... Hoh boi.... Lewdbound, originally created by the /sbg/ (Starbound general board) by users who called themselves "Elmo, Jessie, Jizzlord, Soma" and many /sbg/ anons, is a mod that adds lewd items of a variety of types. Clothing, "crops", food, usables/guns, even fuel.

I wish i could track down the original owners and just hand them the mod/ ask if they mind-- but alas, i've delved deep into boards, but either they're completely gone, after several wipes and such, no link to them seemed to work. If you know or are the creator, please contact me.

Disclaimers apart, here's a chunk of what Lewdbound has to offer, including my additions and edits, and integrations into the Sexbound mod:

• Lewdguns of varied races and types, they fire projectiles that spawn liquids upon impact, of the semen and piss variety and will cause NPC's to become sex nodes akin to the Aphordite's Bow.
  • A Fishing-harpoon-bow called the Fish poker. (? Yeah i don't know either.)
  • A bound-floran "crop" that can be grown to acquire Floran Flower-cones (Their dicks, yes), used in food crafting, and acquiring the floran lewd-gun by normal means, Supposed to be sold at the Penguin Bay.
  • Pregnant Scientist clothing.
  • A variety of food items made from the liquids generated by the Lewdguns. All of which are probably going to cause your clothing to become invisible temporarily.
  • Lube to produce semen liquids without using a lewdgun.
  • Cum-fuel-cells! For your ship! (FTL fuels) (Requires Frackin' Universe for this feature)
  • A cum-powered generator Appears to be disfunctional, is not compatible with FU.
  • Cum and crafting-recipe unlocks support for the following species: (Feel free to request a compat for dick and liquid for your species)
    list.PNG

Additions of my own and contributions of others:

• Shot-lewdgun, a joke weapon that is actually a very viable weapon. Just beware that its primary fire will still turn NPC's into nodes, or at least try to.
  • The Lewd Magazine and the Hole Bibel: Prototypes of what Sexbound can do with the "Arousal" system: One will cause NPC's that are hit to reach out to sexable furniture akin to the Diabella Statue, while the other will not only remove them from sexables, but also prevent them from becoming "aroused" for 5 minutes. These have no impact on players.
  • A vending machine (Sprite by Eiko, much appreciated!) from which to acquire most of the unobtainable Lewdbound items (Lewdguns, mattresses, magazines, etc)
  • The Donglenator (Box of dicks) using the LewdScripts! It spawns functional and animated dicks for your character, inherits your character's name and species.
  • CleanMattresses! Like the sexbound_prisonmattress, these thin objects have all 6 positions enabled, aren't too ungly, and include racial tags, so you too can get your tenant's prefered species and theme right! Currently has 15 variants, for 6 of the 7 playable species.

Here's the actual Changelog i've kept, its also within the file.

Reveal hidden contents

Red3dred (naysayer) changes:

0.2:
Lewdgun's direct projectiles cause lust (only left clicks) for use with Sexbound.
More fixes towards NovaLewdGun and its implementation, fluid etc.
Lewdguns can now hit non-enemies. Beware of friendly-spunking.
Ningen patch support, they can now use lube to get human spunk.
Hemi-Lewdgun2, for the non-pale double-dicked beings.

0.3:
Fully fixed and implemented creaming hostiles and non-hostiles alike.
Canine Lewdgun.
Shotgun Lewdgun... (yes.)

0.4:
Testing led to creation of Fuchsia mod.

0.5:
Separate low themed mattresses mod, requires Lewdbound for the vending machine, but otherwise stand-alone with Sexbound.

0.6:
Proof of concept "Weapons", making use of the Sexbound "arousal" system.
"Lewd magazine" will fire clouds of pink, that will make NPC's aroused, and seek out sex-enabled beds to use.
"Holy Bibel" will reset and prevent the recharging of a NPC's arousal value for 300 seconds (5 minutes).

Future/Tentative plans:
Nova lewdgun improvements (Icon, appearance, body-coloring, full-bright)
Apex Lewdgun?
"Abortion" gun. Feetus Deletus!

View File

how does one acquire The Donglenator, i can't seem to find it anywhere.

On 1/29/2019 at 7:11 PM, red3dred said:

Ah, thanks. I've not tested them thoroughly, just kind of got it to not throw errors.

No worries. One more thing I noticed after fumbling about with the mod a bit more, is that lewdsamplevial.recipe has a typo in it's tags - there's an extra 1 at the end of "craftingmedical" and that's blocking the vial from appearing in the medical crafting menu even when learned.