FNIS Load Game CTD drives me mad (switched to MO2)

Nymra

I dont know what I know anymore...

I had Profiles that started with 12000 animations and now I am below 9000 and the damned new game still crashes. 

Is there anything I am missing? Why is that possible and what effects that? Plugins I use are the same all the time (around 230-250) 

I just switched from MO1 to MO2, but nothing really changed. 
When I untick the FNIS output, the new game starts without problems, so the problem seems to be the animation count again...
But why do I have such an animation drop just from switching over to MO2? 
FNIS even runs way faster on MO2 (generation time is shorter) but it does not help much I think? :(

I even switched from FNIS 745 XXL back to FNIS 745 base but neither generation time changed nor the outcome (CTD)... 

Drives me mad at the moment. I already spent 4 hours cutting down every single SLAL pack from individual animations by the hundreds and even chopped MNC now... 

Now I went down to 7k animations and the game starts. But now I have only 3-4 SLAL packs remaining and a crippled Profile which is virtually not worth playing...

Before that I got the ERROR9 and had to reduce the number of Mods that use FNIS (dropping PCEA2 was suffiecient fortunatly) to get FNIS even running. 

I m running out of ideas what to do. I cannot strip down SLAL packs even more and I cannot go without DD and ZAP... 

Other info that might be related: 
I m using Mods that add animations without the need for FNIS. Can such mods also effect the max animation count, even when they dont generate through FNIS? 
Deactivating the biggest of them temporarily did not change much anyway... 

It is really frustrating that there is no tool to prevent this or even track what causes this and what you can do. It is the one big shit that still bothers me after 2 years :(

Any help is welcome. 

Dont feel like posting this in FNIS forum because of... you know... MO. I did everything correctly. At least I did it like I do it for years now and usually reducing animations by 1k or so did the job (to get to 10-12k total). So I dont know what error I could have made. 
I do not use the "MO file redirection" in the patches option, tho. Never had problems with Profiles before in MO... no idea if this would help. Animation count will still be the same...

Sigh... sorry. Long night and I m totally spent :(

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Nymra said:

I dont know what I know anymore...

I had Profiles that started with 12000 animations and now I am below 9000 and the damned new game still crashes. 

Is there anything I am missing? Why is that possible and what effects that? Plugins I use are the same all the time (around 230-250) 

When I untick the FNIS output, the new game starts without problems, so the problem seems to be the animation count again...
But why do I have such an animation drop just from switching over to MO2? 
FNIS even runs way faster on MO2 (generation time is shorter) but it does not help much I think? :(

I even switched from FNIS 745 XXL back to FNIS 745 base but neither generation time changed nor the outcome (CTD)... 

Drives me mad at the moment. I already spent 4 hours cutting down every single SLAL pack from individual animations by the hundreds and even chopped MNC now... 

Now I went down to 7k animations and the game starts. But now I have only 3-4 SLAL packs remaining and a crippled Profile which is virtually not worth playing...

Before that I got the ERROR9 and had to reduce the number of Mods that use FNIS (dropping PCEA2 was suffiecient fortunatly) to get FNIS even running. 

I m running out of ideas what to do. I cannot strip down SLAL packs even more and I cannot go without DD and ZAP... 

I m using Mods that add animations without the need for FNIS. Can such mods also effect the max animation count, even when they dont generate through FNIS? 

It is really frustrating that there is no tool to prevent this or even track what causes this and what you can do. It is the one big shit that still bothers me after 2 years :(

Any help is welcome. 

Dont feel like posting this in FNIS forum because of... you know... MO. I did everything correctly. At least I did it like I do it for years now and usually reducing animations by 1k or so did the job (to get to 10-12k total). So I dont know what error I could have made. 
I do not use the "MO file redirection" in the patches option, tho. Never had problems with Profiles before in MO... no idea if this would help. Animation count will still be the same...

And this is the reason I am so reluctant to even consider changing mod managers! ?

I am not going to be much help as I have NO experience with MO, much less MO2. As I am sure that you are aware no one knows all the reasons and interactions that cause the CTD from "too many animations." That being said and looking at the numbers you've posted it almost sounds as if, using MO2, Skyrim is reading all your animations twice. The number of animations that you can now run is roughly half of what it was before. Is there some functionality (or more appropriately dysfunctionality) in MO2 that might cause that? If so, is there a way to disable it?

As you say, I can run 11k animations (with NMM) and see others report running even more so I find it difficult to believe that it's the animations and not something in MO2 that's causing your problem. ?

6 hours ago, Nymra said:

Any help is welcome. 

That can NOT be...

You must have a problem in the fnis generation, maybe you select bad patch's.

Or maybe the game are not ussing the correct mt_behavior.hkx

Or FNIS not generate the correct mt_behavior.hkx

Or -I m using Mods that add animations without the need for FNIS.- this mod's can give you problems. Try removing it, ALL OF THEM, and try again. You can put the links for we download that mods and test it.

But try this:

Delete you FNIS out mod and be sure your Overwrite folder is EMPTY.

You say -I do not use the "MO file redirection"- and the generation of FNIS must go to Overwrite.

Run fnis again and look the Overwrite. Must have the correct output.

If not have it, run FNIS again until the overwrite folder have all the correct files.

Not touch any more... NOT make a mod with the content of the Overwrite folder.

Simply launch the game and click new game.

The Overwrite folder have maximun preference in MO and the game must use the correct files generated NOW with the correct output.

If problem persist, put your Fnis log and atach the file GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt from overwrite\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs

----------------------------------------------

Normally, the support people and I say that the problem of CTD when click New Game is caused because the game can not manage all the info from Animations plus mod's but i think now this is NOT CORRECT.

I use NMM and normal Fnis 7.4.5, i never use the XXL version, and have now 13095 animations in FNIS.

This week i download and install Beyond Skyrim - Bruma and Rigmor of Cyrodiil.

As you can see in the files tab are 2.4GB + 2.0GB of aditional content for the game and, of course, I think "my game can not start" but i not have any problem. I can start a New Game and load any save of my current play started 2 months ago. I have player level 93 and 22mb of savegame.

Teorically, the problem of CTD when click New Game is caused by the number of object, specially scripts, but think a bit... how many new objects can i have in 4.4Gb of new content??? A lot, of course... And how many new script??? Near 4k + 1k = 5000 new scripts... and cero problems....

Then, i force my game a bit more and reactivate some big mod's that i have disabled, like 3Dnpc's = 2Gb, Proyect AHO = 0.5Gb and OBIS = 0.5g, addiding another 3gb of content and, of course, 6836 script from 3DNPC with the same result.. cero problems...

I run FNIS again for be sure none of this mod's have animations that must be procesed with FNIS and my animation count is the same:

9291 animations for 37 mods successfully included (character).
 3804 animations for 11 mods and 43 creatures successfully included..

13095 total animations.

For all of this, i think the problem is NOT related to the content of the mods or the number of scripts.

Must be a problem in the FNIS generation, i'm sure @Fore say "imposible" but look my test.

Any can made a test like mine... is easy... have you a lot of animations??? Add some big mod's with a lot of script and see if you have problems.

On 12/12/2018 at 7:12 AM, Nymra said:

Just as a side comment.

Your mod manager should have no influenece on what you experience once Skyrim has started.

It's only pupose is about what you do and how you do it before you click "Start Skyrim"

The reasons why it appears to be working with one manager and not with another are bugs in the installers or the user not doing the right things for the new tool.

Back to your issue:

1. I would still be veeeeeery reluctant to use Oldrim with MO2. It was never meant for that, and I am still doubting that it is sufficiently backward compatible. But that is just my OPINION.
  2. this gives me the creeps:
On 12/12/2018 at 7:12 AM, Nymra said:

I m using Mods that add animations without the need for FNIS.

I suspect that as the root cause. And I am pretty sure that , if you are looking at the famous "animation count", you have the wrong perspective. In this setting, I strongly suspect it NOT to be the count but the mix of FNIS vs non-FNIS. Though I am now curious about those. ?

Could you give more details on these "non-FNIS" mods?

Edit:

:classic_smile: Have a good mead and a night of sleep, we figure it out ..

Spoiler

Shall-I-drink-another-one.jpg.b0e235643ef7ef1b0c82f9cfcf484976.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 12/14/2018 at 7:18 AM, worik said:

Just as a side comment.

Your mod manager should have no influenece on what you experience once Skyrim has started.

It's only pupose is about what you do and how you do it before you click "Start Skyrim"

The reasons why it appears to be working with one manager and not with another are bugs in the installers or the user not doing the right things for the new tool.

Back to your issue:

1. I would still be veeeeeery reluctant to use Oldrim with MO2. It was never meant for that, and I am still doubting that it is sufficiently backward compatible. But that is just my OPINION.
  2. this gives me the creeps:

I suspect that as the root cause. And I am pretty sure that , if you are looking at the famous "animation count", you have the wrong perspective. In this setting, I strongly suspect it NOT to be the count but the mix of FNIS vs non-FNIS. Though I am now curious about those. ?

Could you give more details on these "non-FNIS" mods?

Edit:

:classic_smile: Have a good mead and a night of sleep, we figure it out ..

Hide contents

Shall-I-drink-another-one.jpg.b0e235643ef7ef1b0c82f9cfcf484976.jpg

Totally forgot to answer this thread, lol... I was to relieved when I found out about the problem... 
I simply forgot that I had reinstalled ENBoost and forgot to set the ini following the STEP guide... duh...

I since started to create checklists -.-

As for the non-FNIS vs FNIS animation count: I could not yet figure it out, but at the moment I am quite sure that ALL animations count towards the maximum, not only those created with FNIS. At the same time I never really ran into problems using non-FNIS animations (those mods can also be easily installed and uninstalled without the need to run FNIS).

They are mostly replacement animations for the Player, tho. (crawling when sneaking, sleep actions, alternative standard actions (immersive animations or sth). 

If you want to play with a very large amount of animations, using ENBoost with DataSyncMode and PriorityMode enabled under [THREADS] in enblocal.ini can significantly help load the game. The values can be 0 for disabled or 1 or 2. Some people with really old and crappy hardware can notice some stuttering. My advice is to test it out for yourself. Your PC will not blow up. I have used them in the past with no stuttering and a very large amount of animations.

Archived