On 9/12/2022 at 8:54 PM, Maugrid said:

Player rules are not working.

I create a simple rule "anyone" "anywhere" "anycondition" can ask for sex to my character, refresh every 5 seconds.  And never work. 

Work ok with npcs rules. 

there your issue you set ntoing specefic so its constaly  firing.

• 2 weeks later...

So for everyone having issues with creature on creature animations. For some reason (CPU might explain why) exporting your rule, deleting the rule, then importing the rule somehow causes it to work, at least for me. Might have to do with how Mod Organizer stores stuff? Or maybe it's SE version weirdness? Regardless, I plan on posting the rules at a later date, not here of course, but the rules posting forum.

• 4 months later...
On 2/17/2021 at 7:29 PM, ChrisHPZ said:

Is anyone having troubles with using the Specific option and Lakeview Manor as the location? I'll explain. I added a new rule and set Serana as the Source. The gist of the rule is she should approach my character for sex when we're in the Lakeview Manor cell. When I selected Lakeview Manor in the Locations section, it came up as "UNKNOWN" in the left hand column of its MCM page. I don't have any mods affecting Lakeview Manor, so its cell ID or form ID shouldn't change. I also tried setting the Location Type to just "Player Houses" while removing Lakeview Manor from the Location. Either way, the rule didn't trigger even after waiting about 8 hours in-game time.

Ironically, two of my rules set to run in exterior worldspaces run just fine. I remember back in LE days that such rules could be problematic while interior based rules would run fine. Thanks in advance and let me know if I need to provide further information.

Did you ever figure out a fix for this? I'm having the exact same issue.

• 2 months later...

I have to restart Skyrim each time I change a rule file. Not sure if this is a problem specific to SSE.

Here are a couple of suggestions ordered by their potential usefulness:

• More voicelines! Possibly also a different Interface, such that you can select multiple voicelines for one rule, and then one gets picked each time? Here are some ideas:
    Spoiler

Requests:

"Want to come to bed with me?"

"How about you put that/those pretty mouth/ass/tits of yours to good use?"
    "I hear you like playing the flute."

"I hear the divines blessed you with… special talents."

"I hear you'll do it with anybody."

"Bend over, slut!"

"You know you want it, too…"
    "Public use, right?"

"You're practically begging for it, let me give it to you…"

Positive Answers:
    "Fine, if you insist…"

"Do I really have a choice?"

"I guess I'll have to…"

• Display all the factions and all the keywords for equipment (and locations?). It's super annoying to have to go into the config files and convert the formIDs to decimal, then reload the game to test everything.
  • Import/Export rules automatically. Just sync them to/from disk whenever the MCM is opened, or a rule is saved.
  • Make the JSONs more readable by not using binary flags and instead using multiple boolean values where appropriate (stuff like animsAndTags → andOrForTags)
  • Ship mod with up-to-date, ready-to-use examples which are disabled (but already imported) by default. I'll publish my configs shortly in the appropriate thread, and if you want, you can use some or all of them. This would lower the entry barrier to the mod by a lot, because you could just activate a few rules and not worry about config all that much.
  • This is probably a lot of work, which is why it's down here. From a user standpoint, it would make sense to merge the "Rule starts on" and "Edit participants" menus, such that you can e.g. set the necessary arousal and clothes for the target in the same menu as its faction, relationship and gender. If you could create separate rules for separate participants, with a menu similar to the current "Rule starts on" menu, where you could independently set all the criteria that are currently covered in both menus, that would make for an insanely increased amount of flexibility (set arousal per participant, set faction AND relationship for one actor, etc.), while also reducing menu complexity and thus making UX better.

Shit, I just saw that @CPU left modding in 2018. Now I have this write-up… oof. Would you mind if I tried to implement some of the things above and uploaded it as, say, "Scent of Sex NG"? I'd obviously give credit.

Edited by eldr3d
7 hours ago, eldr3d said:

I have to restart Skyrim each time I change a rule file. Not sure if this is a problem specific to SSE.

Here are a couple of suggestions ordered by their potential usefulness:

• More voicelines! Possibly also a different Interface, such that you can select multiple voicelines for one rule, and then one gets picked each time? Here are some ideas:
      Reveal hidden contents
  • Display all the factions and all the keywords for equipment (and locations?). It's super annoying to have to go into the config files and convert the formIDs to decimal, then reload the game to test everything.
  • Import/Export rules automatically. Just sync them to/from disk whenever the MCM is opened, or a rule is saved.
  • Make the JSONs more readable by not using binary flags and instead using multiple boolean values where appropriate (stuff like animsAndTags → andOrForTags)
  • Ship mod with up-to-date, ready-to-use examples which are disabled (but already imported) by default. I'll publish my configs shortly in the appropriate thread, and if you want, you can use some or all of them. This would lower the entry barrier to the mod by a lot, because you could just activate a few rules and not worry about config all that much.
  • This is probably a lot of work, which is why it's down here. From a user standpoint, it would make sense to merge the "Rule starts on" and "Edit participants" menus, such that you can e.g. set the necessary arousal and clothes for the target in the same menu as its faction, relationship and gender. If you could create separate rules for separate participants, with a menu similar to the current "Rule starts on" menu, where you could independently set all the criteria that are currently covered in both menus, that would make for an insanely increased amount of flexibility (set arousal per participant, set faction AND relationship for one actor, etc.), while also reducing menu complexity and thus making UX better.

Shit, I just saw that @CPU left modding in 2018. Now I have this write-up… oof. Would you mind if I tried to implement some of the things above and uploaded it as, say, "Scent of Sex NG"? I'd obviously give credit.

You are free to continue the evolution of the mod, if you like.

8 hours ago, CPU said:

You are free to continue the evolution of the mod, if you like.

Nice, thank you :)

I'm already working on replacing the cloak spell with SPID. Would it be okay if I relicensed your code under the GPLv3? That way, possible future maintainers won't have to ask.

13 minutes ago, eldr3d said:

Nice, thank you :)

I'm already working on replacing the cloak spell with SPID. Would it be okay if I relicensed your code under the GPLv3? That way, possible future maintainers won't have to ask.

Totally fine.

Code in GPL3 and all other items (meshes, textures, animations, etc.) can go in Creative Commons.

I've got SPID running as a replacement for cloak scans. I haven't touched any code that wasn't absolutely necessary for this so far, so it's a bit ugly and definitely not robust, but it's running. If anyone is interested in testing or just wants to follow development, here's the repository. I'll probably create a thread once this is somewhat close to releasable. If anyone wants to help in any way (including testing), let me know via direct message or something like that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 5:25 AM, ozzythecapricoat said:

so im dealing with an odd issue, the mod says it needs SkyUI 5.1 yet i have version 5.2 installed for SkyUI, i cannot install 5.1 because it makes skyrim refuse to launch, is there a patch or a version i dont know of that has 5.2 support?

The mod works just fine on SkyUI 5.2, in case that's still relevant.

So, @CPU, I'm still working on SSXNG, and I'm getting closer to a beta release. Do you remember any flaws that arose out of backwards compatibility? I've already made a lot of breaking changes, like moving and re-structuring the config folder, compressing the ESP to flag it as ESL. I'd like to get stuff like that out of the way before release. Also, if you (or anyone else in this thread) is interested, I can send you testing builds.

2 hours ago, eldr3d said:

So, @CPU, I'm still working on SSXNG, and I'm getting closer to a beta release. Do you remember any flaws that arose out of backwards compatibility? I've already made a lot of breaking changes, like moving and re-structuring the config folder, compressing the ESP to flag it as ESL. I'd like to get stuff like that out of the way before release. Also, if you (or anyone else in this thread) is interested, I can send you testing builds.

Locations were always a problem to be detected, if I remember correctly.

so far i only have 2 issues

1. creature framework has had updates since the mods last update so  SSX is erroring each  rule check  for animal sex. its mostly  throwing a error when it does animal check for its  gender. it "seems" to not cause issue beyond slowing mod and fillign debug log.
2.  mod doesnt want to see all factions. i wanted to add display model 3 factions to the neg faction for a rule but for once it refuses to see any DM3 faction at all.

On 6/26/2023 at 4:52 PM, sidfu1 said:

so far i only have 2 issues

1. creature framework has had updates since the mods last update so  SSX is erroring each  rule check  for animal sex. its mostly  throwing a error when it does animal check for its  gender. it "seems" to not cause issue beyond slowing mod and fillign debug log.
2.  mod doesnt want to see all factions. i wanted to add display model 3 factions to the neg faction for a rule but for once it refuses to see any DM3 faction at all.

This is very helpful, thank you ^^

I've already fixed the faction stuff in SSXNG, I can PM you a testing build if you're interested. It's not backwards compatible with old SSX though, you'll have to start a new save.

I'm not sure whether I've already fixed the CF issue. I've not yet tested SSXNG against creatures at all, tbh, but I've removed one API call to CF that wasn't valid anymore. Might've been that.

On 6/22/2023 at 7:08 AM, eldr3d said:

oh? how do i get it to work with 5.2 then? is there any files i have to modify? to get that to work?

On 7/7/2023 at 5:24 AM, ozzythecapricoat said:

oh? how do i get it to work with 5.2 then? is there any files i have to modify? to get that to work?

The existing mod you can download here will just work with newer SkyUI versions. The SkyUI API has never deprecated anything and is fully backwards-compatible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 9:07 AM, CPU said:

Locations were always a problem to be detected, if I remember correctly.

Dear CPU,

Can I make such rule which need the participant wear specific equipment? For example, only the actor wear a kind of boot could be accpted by this rule. How can I make such rule?

Thank you. 

7 hours ago, bsbsttt said:

Dear CPU,

Can I make such rule which need the participant wear specific equipment? For example, only the actor wear a kind of boot could be accpted by this rule. How can I make such rule?

Thank you. 

There was one filter on the rules about armor pieces, I totally do not remember how it was working or where it was.

Check in the filters of the rules and make that the participant(s) you want has(have) the specific clothing item you want.

• 3 months later...

I am kinda new to Skyrim modding and did mainly Fallout 4 AAF/RSE mods before.. However I can't get any of the animations to show op on list in animations..  I used FNIS and SLAL, enables all animations on Sex Lab MCM.. Am I missing a step?

Running latest Skyrim AE if that info helps.

Edited by slunk69420
On 11/4/2023 at 11:46 PM, slunk69420 said:

I am kinda new to Skyrim modding and did mainly Fallout 4 AAF/RSE mods before.. However I can't get any of the animations to show op on list in animations..  I used FNIS and SLAL, enables all animations on Sex Lab MCM.. Am I missing a step?

Running latest Skyrim AE if that info helps.

Isn't it supposed to be a build animation list or something? Lol I just did this, but I can remember what it said. But you have to wait for a fairly long time before the animation list is builded.

Go to the animation tab in MCM and just wait until all animations pop up. The reason you probably didn't see any animation there is because it takes a freaking long time before they pop up.

Edited by Thor2000
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Is it still the case Scent of Sex cannot interpret ESPFE files? (Ref 29 Jan 2019 comment.)  In my game I have a desirable lady but she's ESPFE.

I get a warning that SoS has problems with the IDs inside the companion.

Any way I could fix this, please?  Thanks.

Edited by Bluegunk
On 6/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, eldr3d said:

G'day Eldr3d... are you still working on Scent of Sex NG? For me its an absolute staple and essential. Are you still looking for testers? Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 12:08 PM, ProWorx said:

G'day Eldr3d... are you still working on Scent of Sex NG? For me its an absolute staple and essential. Are you still looking for testers? Thanks in advance :)

Hey there! I'm not really working on it right now and it's rather unlikely that I would pick it up again, but the current state of the mod is attached to this post.

- Wiki

- Source

WARNING: Regard this as untested! I am the only one who has ever tested it! It might corrupt your saves, ruin your performance, etc.! If you really wanna use this, at least try it with the other mods you're going to use in a save that does not matter to you for a few hours!

Also important: The dependencies have changed. Have a quick look in the wiki linked above.

In no particular order, these are the most important changes:
- Improved dialogue lines suitable for a variety of different situations
- A faster NPC scanner using SPID instead of a cloak spell to (hopefully) improve performance
- Now displaying all factions and races in your game

- Config files use editorIDs instead of FormIDs

- Plugin is now flagged as ESL

OLD CONFIGS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE! NEITHER ARE OLD SAVE GAMES!

This is licensed under the GPL, which means you are free to create derivatives under the same license. I am also accepting PRs in case anyone feels like it, and I have documented todos in the issue tracker.

Scent of Sex NG 1.0.2.zip

Edited by eldr3d