3 hours ago, eldr3d said:

Hey there! I'm not really working on it right now and it's rather unlikely that I would pick it up again, but here are the two most important links:

Download

Wiki

WARNING: Regard this as untested! I am the only one who has ever tested it! It might corrupt your saves, ruin your performance, etc.! If you really wanna use this, at least try it with the other mods you're going to use in a save that does not matter to you for a few hours!

In no particular order, these are the most important changes:
- Improved dialogue lines suitable for a variety of different situations
- A faster NPC scanner using SPID instead of a cloak spell to (hopefully) improve performance
- Now displaying all factions and races in your game

- Config files use editorIDs instead of FormIDs

- Plugin is now flagged as ESL

OLD CONFIGS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE! NEITHER ARE OLD SAVE GAMES!

This is licensed under the GPL, which means you are free to create derivatives under the same license. I am also accepting PRs in case anyone feels like it, and I have documented todos in the issue tracker.

Background. I'm running a rockstable AE setup and am very reluctant to rock the boat. So given the above warnings, i was very reluctant to give this a try. Eventually decided to "just take a look" on a throwaway save, because unlike SL Sexlife this seems exactly the kind of mod to fill some feature-gaps in my setup.

Result: I cannot even get the MCM to show up. Yes, i know the tricks and procedures. Also tried saving and reloading a few times. Nothing.

So given the initially mentioned "background", my reaction is: "Nope. I'll let others play testdummy and join the fun when everything is sorted out."

Of course, given that according to eldr3d this fork is now abandonned, it's unlikely it will ever mature, unless someone else picks it up (opensource, GPL, so permission isn't a problem).

Kinda sad eldr3d is out, because the documentation on the wiki is exemplary! Far above and beyond the usual pathetic loverslab standards for documentation. This is a dev who does his homework and understands proper software concept design. So yeah, too bad he won't have time for this anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 7:40 PM, libertyordeath said:

Background. I'm running a rockstable AE setup and am very reluctant to rock the boat. So given the above warnings, i was very reluctant to give this a try. Eventually decided to "just take a look" on a throwaway save, because unlike SL Sexlife this seems exactly the kind of mod to fill some feature-gaps in my setup.

Result: I cannot even get the MCM to show up. Yes, i know the tricks and procedures. Also tried saving and reloading a few times. Nothing.

So given the initially mentioned "background", my reaction is: "Nope. I'll let others play testdummy and join the fun when everything is sorted out."

Of course, given that according to eldr3d this fork is now abandonned, it's unlikely it will ever mature, unless someone else picks it up (opensource, GPL, so permission isn't a problem).

Kinda sad eldr3d is out, because the documentation on the wiki is exemplary! Far above and beyond the usual pathetic loverslab standards for documentation. This is a dev who does his homework and understands proper software concept design. So yeah, too bad he won't have time for this anymore.

While I did document everything that I changed in the wiki and improved it here and there, this is mostly just the documentation that CPU wrote, so credit for that should go to him ^^. Do take note that the MCM might only show up after up to 5min, esp with lots of mods, because (iirc) retrieving and caching all races and factions takes a lot of time. This is one of the downsides of my fork, a tradeoff for having a complete list. You should definitely wait until you see the message "SSX initialized" on the top left, after that, the MCM should be available. If you want to, you could send me a log and while I won't promise I'll fix anything, I can definitely take a quick look. The old version of SSX is pretty stable, so you might consider just using that instead.

Edit: Nvm, forget this. The download I provided does not provide compiled scripts. I am so sorry, let me fix that…

Edit 2: Download is now fixed. There was a lot of time between my last time working on this project and this "release", so I forgot what exactly was contained in the repository.

Edited by eldr3d
14 hours ago, Duncan Idaho said:

I fussed for a couple of hours with different options and never got it working. It's either broken or too fussy to bother with.

You mean the original version? That's odd. Ran fine for me. I would guess you're probably missing a dependency or something like that. Always good to check the Papyrus logs, too. (And don't forget to disable them when you're done troubleshooting!)

9 hours ago, eldr3d said:

You mean the original version? That's odd. Ran fine for me. I would guess you're probably missing a dependency or something like that. Always good to check the Papyrus logs, too. (And don't forget to disable them when you're done troubleshooting!)

I have the dependencies. Recent updates broke things that no one thought would break. Scent hasn't been updated since about 2016, the SE conversion was in 2018. That's forever ago in updates. Anyway I uninstalled and cleaned the save. 

• 2 weeks later...

@eldr3d  Your NG mod is running fine in my 1170 AE game, MCM and everything, thank you. I still have to get my Actors to wake up and do something but I'll get there! I appreciate the conversion to ESPFE, too. Nice.

I was idly checking through your updated mod when I noticed there's an error:

ssxPlayerCellDetectorEffect "Player Cell Detector" [MGEF:FE3C081A]
[00:00]     MGEF \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [FE3C03B4] <Error: Could not be resolved>
[00:00] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 412, Errors found: 1, Elapsed Time: 00:00

I might have fixed it, but for the fact you are using SPID.  Might I please leave this error for you to sort? Or, if you can tell me what the FormID should be, I could do it myself.

Thanks!

Edited by Bluegunk
On 3/4/2024 at 11:53 AM, Bluegunk said:

@eldr3d  Your NG mod is running fine in my 1170 AE game, MCM and everything, thank you. I still have to get my Actors to wake up and do something but I'll get there! I appreciate the conversion to ESPFE, too. Nice.

I was idly checking through your updated mod when I noticed there's an error:

ssxPlayerCellDetectorEffect "Player Cell Detector" [MGEF:FE3C081A]
[00:00]     MGEF \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [FE3C03B4] <Error: Could not be resolved>
[00:00] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 412, Errors found: 1, Elapsed Time: 00:00

I might have fixed it, but for the fact you are using SPID.  Might I please leave this error for you to sort? Or, if you can tell me what the FormID should be, I could do it myself.

Thanks!

I looked into it, and this is because I accidentally deleted that exact record from the mod. That was not intended. The consequence is that the SPID scanner is always used, instead of automatically switching to the cell scanner for indoors, which would have slightly better Papyrus performance. This is not critical, but I think I have fixed it. Uploading this separately for now in case it breaks something, I don't have the time to test this right now, but I think it should be fine. Upgrading to this from NG is fine.

To anyone else: (IMPORTANT) Read the original post about this project

Scent of Sex NG 1.0.1.zip

Edited by eldr3d
  • 2 weeks later...

hi eldr3d .   I was setting some rules up in your version of Scent, and I can't see anything to 'export' the rules (nor Import).  Obviously, I can save them but nothing turns up in my MO2.

The rules do seem to be kept in game.

Am I missing something?

Otherwise, very smooth!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 6:04 PM, Bluegunk said:

hi eldr3d .   I was setting some rules up in your version of Scent, and I can't see anything to 'export' the rules (nor Import).  Obviously, I can save them but nothing turns up in my MO2.

The rules do seem to be kept in game.

Am I missing something?

Otherwise, very smooth!

SSXNG saves the rules to Data/configs/Scent of Sex/. They are "exported" whenever you save and "imported" whenever you load iirc. This means that the rules will always be synchronized between saves automatically.

Edited by eldr3d
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 2:06 AM, eldr3d said:

Hey there! I'm not really working on it right now and it's rather unlikely that I would pick it up again, but the current state of the mod is attached to this post.

- Wiki

- Source

WARNING: Regard this as untested! I am the only one who has ever tested it! It might corrupt your saves, ruin your performance, etc.! If you really wanna use this, at least try it with the other mods you're going to use in a save that does not matter to you for a few hours!

Also important: The dependencies have changed. Have a quick look in the wiki linked above.

- A faster NPC scanner using SPID instead of a cloak spell to (hopefully) improve performance

This is licensed under the GPL, which means you are free to create derivatives under the same license. I am also accepting PRs in case anyone feels like it, and I have documented todos in the issue tracker.

Scent of Sex NG.zip 901.18 kB · 32 downloads

I have just seen the post... thank you for adding a NG version. However I can not get it to be recognised in MCM, never mind working :( Tried on brand new game. (there is no esl plugin file in your attached Scent of Sex NG zip)

Edited by ProWorx
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 5:49 AM, ProWorx said:

I have just seen the post... thank you for adding a NG version. However I can not get it to be recognised in MCM, never mind working :( Tried on brand new game. (there is no esl plugin file in your attached Scent of Sex NG zip)

Oh yes, you're absolutely right! I've fixed that.

On 1/29/2024 at 12:06 PM, eldr3d said:

Hey there! I'm not really working on it right now and it's rather unlikely that I would pick it up again, but the current state of the mod is attached to this post.

- Wiki

- Source

Also important: The dependencies have changed. Have a quick look in the wiki linked above.

Scent of Sex NG 1.0.2.zip 920.75 kB · 0 downloads

You could upload it to the the forum's file section. It would be easer to find the mod