Actor keeps getting disabled after sex.

I believe I've asked this question before, but here goes anyway.

I've been bugtesting for a few plugins, and every now and then, after sex, SexoutActorB keeps getting disabled. It is right after the act, the cumming and fall to the ground anims play, and then that actor gets disabled. There is no indication of what happens in the console, even after turning on the debugging mode.

So I am wondering. Does anybody know why this happens? Is there a code to it? Is there any reason why SexoutNG would disable an actor at that stage? Is it an indication of the script not finding something and shutting down without causing the game to CTD?

I've noticed its very random. What tends to happen is if the actor is next to a wall or too close to the player, he/she gets disabled. But if he/she is "clear", it doesn't tend to happen as often.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

CK

Odd. Does this happen often - I've never seen it, but it's been a while since I played.

I don't think there's a proper 'disable' command anywhere in Sexout's script sequence, but I at some point clipping is toggled to allow penetration.

Taking a guess: if through some freak accident clipping isn't toggled back on, or toggles off & then on again, before the dropping down, that might cause the actor to drop through the floor or wall static. To you, they may appear 'disabled' but they may just be in free-fall in the part of the cell you can't see. You might be able to check if this is the case if a 'getdisabled' command on the actor's ref-formID returns negative.

Also, I wanted to post this here to differentiate these other two bugs (the first two) from the third, which is the one reported here. I've noticed other users experiencing the first two bugs, and they seem to be either an engine or SexoutNG issue.

1) The "Blinking" bug. The blinking bug is when an actor tries to pathfind its way via navmesh to a particular destination, but rather than walking there, he/she teleports in and out of existence (blinking) until he/she gets there. This has been observed in various Sexout plugins. It is also not very problematic, as when he/she gets to her intended destination, it stops.

2) The "freeze" bug. A character is performing an animation, usually getting up from a seated position or from leaning against a wall, and "freezes" as if disabled. Also observed in a few Sexout plugins. Can be fixed by disabling/re-enabling or leaving and re-entering cell.

3) The "disabled" bug. After sex, when the cum and knockdown animations play, an actor that is not the player just disappears, as if disabled. The dialogue does not resume (because he/she vanishes) and I've only observed this in SOA, always during sex. Happened a lot to me. This bug is so far for me unfixable.

So to sum up, its the last bug that is really bugging me. Sorry about that, it was just too good to pass up :P

3) The "disabled" bug. After sex' date=' when the cum and knockdown animations play, an actor that is not the player just disappears, as if disabled. The dialogue does not resume (because he/she vanishes) and I've only observed this in SOA, always during sex. Happened a lot to me. This bug is so far for me unfixable.

[/quote']

I saw this, not with sexout affairs, but with SexoutResolutions. When I walked into the saloon take Sunny Cobb's offfer, she has sex with Cheyenne. Immediately after, Sunny would disappear. Initially though it was related to the soCheyenneReplacer mod because it never happened on previous playthroughs without the soCheyRep mod. I then reinstalled both mods and the issue went away. I haven't seen it again, but it was definitely as you described, just when she "awakes" from the KO, she disappears. I never had soAffairs installed at that time so I know it was not related to that.

2) The "freeze" bug. A character is performing an animation, usually getting up from a seated position or from leaning against a wall, and "freezes" as if disabled. Also observed in a few Sexout plugins. Can be fixed by disabling/re-enabling or leaving and re-entering cell.

The only time I have seen this one is using the soHowAbout mod. They would get up from the chair, then freeze half-sitting, half-standing. Eventually they would move again by themselves, although I think it is due to the AI package that HowAbout puts on them to run, drink, run, then either collapse or rape. I think the next soHA stage kicks in, interrupting the "freeze" and causing them to move.

I have never seen #1 at all.

So to sum up, its the last bug that is really bugging me. Sorry about that, it was just too good to pass up :P

Grrroooaannn :P

Yeah the blinking bug is definitely something I've introduced.:shy: Not in the released version, but in the version that ChancellorKremlin and I use.

Allthough, I have seen it in a different variation in Vanilla before (Pacer walking up to the player, while standing guard for the Van Graffs)

The freeze, while changing animations bug happens for me, if a new package gets added to an NPC. Script kicks in, adds package, and if the actor is not standing and changes animations, it happens sometimes. Maybe this could be averted, if resetai is called before a new package is added. That would cause them to stand up and to reevaluate their AI. This would be a sledgehammer approach, though.

I never had them disappearing after sex alltogether, so I can't really tell, what might cause this. You could try to "xx000ADD.moveto player" her to you or do the thing DoctaSax suggested, allthough I'm not sure if "getdisabled" works in the console. If she's still there and not disabled, she was free falling to the depths of oblivion...:D

I have had the disappearing npc bug on and off for a long time now, For me it's random and can happen anywhere even in the middle of a room, I tried player.moveto and I end up in the same place I started as if the npc is still there and moveto player does nothing, Now recently I was trying Sexout Breeder and it was worse than ever and the only way to get the npc back is to use kill, resurrect, disable, enable, Although one thing I noticed with Breeder was deathclaws and some npc would clip through the floor so I can only assume this might have increased the problem! So I stopped using Breeder and although it still happens with other mods it's no where near as much, Now since I have not done a clean install of FONV since I got it I can't rule out a buggy engine if most people don't have this problem.

I have had the disappearing npc bug on and off for a long time now' date=' For me it's random and can happen anywhere even in the middle of a room, I tried player.moveto and I end up in the same place I started as if the npc is still there and moveto player does nothing, Now recently I was trying Sexout Breeder and it was worse than ever and the only way to get the npc back is to use kill, resurrect, disable, enable, Although one thing I noticed with Breeder was deathclaws and some npc would clip through the floor so I can only assume this might have increased the problem! So I stopped using Breeder and although it still happens with other mods it's no where near as much, Now since I have not done a clean install of FONV since I got it I can't rule out a buggy engine if most people don't have this problem.

[/quote']

As much as I hate to say it, but a fresh setup might be in order for you. I know it's a pain, but it seems to help for this kind of problem.

• 4 years later...

I have found that if you are able to "Validate" the local files through steam you can usually recover from it, provided you were lucky enough to save before the untimely disappearance of the actor.  I don't know how or why, but it appears that a few local files vanish or corrupt.  Upon Validating and letting it repair the main game, the bug goes away for a time.

The tricky bit is going to be the recovery of lost actors if you've saved since then.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to put this here but I'm running into one of these, and it's 100% of the time.  If my character gets into a sex animation, it seems to go as normal, but after it's over I can't move ever again.  I can open the Pipboy, can do a free camera thing, but that's it.  tcl and enableplayercontrols and things along that line do nothing.  Slight idling animation still occurs so the character isn't in mannequin mode or anything.  The NPC or creature involved seems to move again as normal afterward.

Something else weird, I can look up or down, but not left or right at all.  Not in first or 3rd person mode, makes no difference for that one.  I haven't posted all my loadout and stuff just yet because I was hoping this had been identified and solved, but I can't find anything by searching.  I did try reenabling SexoutNG Data and Core in FOMM just in case, a few things like that.  Actually even cleaned official esms for the first time, just in case that might help.  Tried most any console command that would have anything to do with it that I could think of, but the character will never move again no matter what.

• 3 weeks later...

With me, it seems to be 100%.  Is there a brute force way to re enable player controls other than  enableplayercontrols?

I'm starting to feel that it's a hanging animation or something.  There doesn't seem to be an option to end current animations in any of the Sexout mod manager stuff, but maybe there's a command line way to do it?

• 1 year later...

Gonna bump this old ass and say i had this problem BIG time. partner just gets disabled. Makes it incredible hard to do quest based sexout mods.

Turning off Spunks arousal and lust tracking fixed it. Soo.. yeah.

edit. welp. now pregnancy isnt working :(. Switching them back on didnt even seem to fix it

more edit. I narrowed down the disappearing actor problem to solely arousal tracking. pregnancy still seems to be a issue with just that off?

13 hours ago, snakeleafclover said:

Gonna bump this old ass and say i had this problem BIG time. partner just gets disabled. Makes it incredible hard to do quest based sexout mods.

Turning off Spunks arousal and lust tracking fixed it. Soo.. yeah.

edit. welp. now pregnancy isnt working :(. Switching them back on didnt even seem to fix it

more edit. I narrowed down the disappearing actor problem to solely arousal tracking. pregnancy still seems to be a issue with just that off?

You can change spunk to always come after certain times, and then turn of arousal tracking.

Also that shouldn't involve pregnancy.

20 minutes ago, dborg2 said:

You can change spunk to always come after certain times, and then turn of arousal tracking.

Also that shouldn't involve pregnancy.

Yeah i wasnt sure if pregnancy stopping working was because of my experimenting with spunk or not. I dont know the ins and outs of how pregnancy uses spunk though.

But 100% arousal was causing my disappearing partners, so its good to have that solved.

• 5 months later...

I tried the exit game-reload older save and viola'..the NPCs didn't disappear after sex...so that's great. However, I still can't get my missing companions back. I'll look for more possible answers.

Thanks for the fix, worked for me.