Metro 2033/last light

Strelky

Here's a game most people don't know about but it damn well deserves mentioning. Metro has got to be the best game I've played and the most realistic by doing some subtle things that are hard to notice. In most games you usually have the comfort of knowing that your a badass that can take on anything but here I counted about ten( there may be more ) things where the player will quickly be killed if they try to take it on. This, combined with the dark and helpless atmosphere of the game, give an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness. Overall, its a great game and is constantly on sale via steam for as little as five bucks.

Here's a trailer link:

And something a bit more entertaining:

Better trailer(IMO):

Played about half way through 2033 (PC version) before it glitched on me and rendered the rest of the game unplayable. From what I remember, combat could've used a little fine tuning, otherwise I believe I enjoyed what I played of it.

Still trying to get around to reading the rest of the book the game was based off, and currently looking forward to Metro 2034/Last Light (Both book and game).

Played about half way through 2033 (PC version) before it glitched on me and rendered the rest of the game unplayable. From what I remember' date=' combat could've used a little fine tuning, otherwise I believe I enjoyed what I played of it.

Still trying to get around to reading the rest of the book the game was based off, and currently looking forward to Metro 2034/Last Light (Both book and game).

[/quote']

The game is glitchy I agree. However gameinformer said THQ didn't put the full potential into 2033. Hopefully last light will different. Even if not, I love the game too much to care

Also, how'd you get the book?

This game is so underrated it's not even funny.

One of the best FPS game I've played. Replaying the game at the moment' date=' I'll get the good ending this time, though the bad ending was the canon.

Oh, I never played STALKER, is the gameplay the same as Metro?

[/quote']

It is similar. The atmosphere and game tone are the same. Dark and gritty. If you have not played any of the stalker games (there are three now) then you are in for a real treat! There are quite a few mods out there for them too. Even better you should be able to find them CHEAP as they are pretty old. If you wait for the steam Christmas sales you might even pick up the whole 3 game series for 10 bucks or less.

I ENJOYED played Metro 2033 like 4 times (still not as much as Half-Life 1 which is like 30 times or more) Now iam just waiting for Last Light which i HOPE is just as good as Metro 2033 and not like the Red Faction series which went to shit after 1 sequel!

By the way for people talking about STALKER being simulair... Same makers part of the STALKER team left and made 4A games and started developing Metro 2033 and it's engine!

This game is so underrated it's not even funny.

One of the best FPS game I've played. Replaying the game at the moment' date=' I'll get the good ending this time, though the bad ending was the canon.

Oh, I never played STALKER, is the gameplay the same as Metro?

[/quote']

It is similar. The atmosphere and game tone are the same. Dark and gritty. If you have not played any of the stalker games (there are three now) then you are in for a real treat! There are quite a few mods out there for them too. Even better you should be able to find them CHEAP as they are pretty old. If you wait for the steam Christmas sales you might even pick up the whole 3 game series for 10 bucks or less.

Looks like I know what I'm getting for myself this Holiday haha :D

Thanks for the info greg.

I'm surprised this many of you knew about it. I've been under the impression that a very small number of people have even heard of this game, let alone have played it and speak English as well (not trying to be racist, but this is a Russian game :P).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lady Luck

this game is class A "awosome Shoot that bitch down " game , man i play the original metro and that game powned bioshock alot i mean not that i say bioshock is bad still both game deserve respect!

this game is class A "awosome Shoot that bitch down " game ' date=' man i play the original metro and that game powned bioshock alot i mean not that i say bioshock is bad still both game deserve respect!

[/quote']

Off topic: Depends on which part of the BioShock series you're referring to? BioShock 2 was much better than the first part (my opinion). But it sucked that the developers pulled the plug on the series with BioShock 2. Their new "BioShock" game which is set for release Q1 2013 doesn't really make me feel interested in getting it.

BioShock Infinate

On topic: Metro 2033 is a game I never got around to try out. Mostly because of my previous computer couldn't handle it. But I'll have to try it out sometime when I have more free time on my hands

I absolutely loved Metro 2033. Played it twice and thought about learning Russian. :P I've since played it twice again. I thought it was a great, scary, atmospheric FPS, but the stealth aspect of it was broken, which I didn't notice until the 3rd or 4th play through. I'm definitely looking forward to Last Night.

I've tried STALKER a few times, but cannot get into it. That game feels like more of a RPG than a FPS. Maybe it's the quickly respawning enemies or the extremely limited inventory, but I never got very far with it. Nevertheless it remains on my rather lost list of games to finish.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised this many of you knew about it. I've been under the impression that a very small number of people have even heard of this game, let alone have played it and speak English as well (not trying to be racist, but this is a Russian Ukrainian game :P).

Archived