Arousal Based Breast Adjuster for SE (ABBA)

5 minutes ago, Dovahbear91 said:

Is there a mod that makes the PC slower as these ABBA values increase? Is this a feature we could have?

There are a slew of mods on this website that "Do Stuff" based on arousal. I'm willing to bet there will be one that includes a slowing debuff. Maybe ask in the request and find thread? ABBA is already pretty feature loaded and even though this would be easy to add, I don't think it's relevant here.

I've updated the main mod to not include any of the outfit meshes and added "ABBA CBBE Patch" to the downloads. This way, you can install either of the bodyslide patches separately and won't need to re-build them when updating the main mod.

9 minutes ago, Langmans said:

Two questions:

1. What will I loose if I use my own bodyslide 3BA meshes (I like veracruze's body)?
  2. How does this function when used together with autobody / obody standalone? Do they conflict with ABBA because both modify racemenu morphs or is there maybe a solution that involves SLIF?

1. If you use the full outfits it should work fine, but if you remove the dresses then the other parts will look odd and likely clip with your base body. The only option here would be to convert them to your custom base body which is no trivial task, especially with the smp dresses.

2. I've never tried those mods, but I'd assume they will conflict with ABBA as they'll be fighting over modifying the same sliders. What I'd suggest here is to choose which sliders each mod adjusts, so they don't conflict. SLIF could help too, but only to a certain degree and will likely overcomplicate things.

That said, my advice would be to keep it simple and just use one mod for this sort of thing!

On 4/12/2023 at 3:58 PM, Yinkle said:

1. If you use the full outfits it should work fine, but if you remove the dresses then the other parts will look odd and likely clip with your base body. The only option here would be to convert them to your custom base body which is no trivial task, especially with the smp dresses.

2. I've never tried those mods, but I'd assume they will conflict with ABBA as they'll be fighting over modifying the same sliders. What I'd suggest here is to choose which sliders each mod adjusts, so they don't conflict. SLIF could help too, but only to a certain degree and will likely overcomplicate things.

That said, my advice would be to keep it simple and just use one mod for this sort of thing!

Alright, I'll refrain from using ABBA for now, since I like having obody functionality (the idea is to use "zeroed sliders" for all armor, clothes and naked bodies). So 1 is a non issue I think.

But 2 is problematic... More a question for SLIF then :) I think Autobody/OBody modifies all sliders which can be set by bodyslide, because it chooses a random bodyslide preset per any new NPC it encounters and I'm 99.99% sure it uses racemenu sliders the same way as SLIF/ABBA.  It has SKSE events, but I'm not sure it sends the translated slider morph values of the bodyslide preset that was selected.

Has anyone else tried combining these?

Edited by Langmans
typo
51 minutes ago, Langmans said:

Alright, I'll refrain from using ABBA for now, since I like having obody functionality (the idea is to use "zeroed sliders" for all armor, clothes and naked bodies). So 1 is a non issue I think.

But 2 is problematic... More a question for SLIF then :) I think Autobody/OBody modifies all sliders which can be set by bodyslide, because it chooses a random bodyslide preset per any new NPC it encounters and I'm 99.99% sure it uses racemenu sliders the same way as SLIF/ABBA.  It has SKSE events, but I'm not sure it sends the translated slider morph values of the bodyslide preset that was selected.

Has anyone else tried combining these?

I would just try it and see what happens. You can always delete the mods you don't want, as long as you don't make new saves. The main issue would be if they make adjustments concurrently. I've used Racemenu's Bodygen functionality before, and that worked fine with ABBA, but I'm guessing Autobody works differently.

I stopped using Bodygen (what Autobody is based around) after implementing the NPC rng thing in ABBA as it does a "sort of" similar thing. If NPC rng is enabled in ABBA it assigns one of 20 randomized slider sets based on your min/max settings when an NPC is encountered by the player for the 1st time. Depending on how big your "min/max" values are, this can make quite dramatic differences to how NPCs are resized by ABBA. The caveat here is that ABBA doesn't have the capability of applying specific presets, ie before meeting them and the abba adjustments being applied, they will have your bodyslide built shape. 

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it :)

1 hour ago, Langmans said:

1 is a non issue I think.

If you removed an ABBA dress but still had underwear and boots equipped, they would clip regardless of slider settings due to the different bone weighting on your custom body. This will apply to any 3BA based armour/clothing mod.

This is why modders have always used conventions like CBBE and UNP (and more recently 3BA and BHUNP) when making armour mods. Bringing a new body into the mix with different bone weights is no trivial thing, as it requires new meshes for almost every piece of armour.

Edited by Yinkle

I think I realized what was happening. It's been a hot minute since I updated ABBA, so I think I might have forgotten to activate the 'Work on PC' option lol. I did update to 6.4.0, and its working just fine, save for a weird quest bug for the ABBA shout, but that's just a matter of advancing the quest stage. Right now, I have the 'learn more about the shout' and the 'learn the final word' parts of the ABBA Shout quest, which I assume I shouldnt have the last one until I've done the other.

Just as a suggestion for another version, or a patch to this one - I think I killed a few too many dragons and it advanced the quest prematurely, since I've been able to talk to Arngier before through the full quest.

Additionally, I have one of the JK mods for whats-her-name in Markarth, so whatever contents that are supposed to be in the strong box arent there, and so the quest doesn't complete. Should I just advance the quest on this one too? I'm not too knowledgable on the conflict resolution patch creation side of things yet, but if there is a way I can learn, I'd love any pointers in the right direction. Gamer Poets?

The only other thing I need to figure out is why I'm getting a pushup effect whenever I equip clothes, but I'm pretty sure that's a setting on 3BA that I accidentally put on when installing this.

Lastly again, love this mod man. Glad to see you're back in the world and seemingly doing well!

On 4/12/2023 at 8:34 AM, Langmans said:
  1. How does this function when used together with autobody / obody standalone? Do they conflict with ABBA because both modify racemenu morphs or is there maybe a solution that involves SLIF?

In my experience, no conflicts at all. I've been using OBody Standalone for a while now, with some 100+ presets loaded in, and ABBA has been totally fine with it.

3 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

Just as a suggestion for another version, or a patch to this one - I think I killed a few too many dragons and it advanced the quest prematurely, since I've been able to talk to Arngier before through the full quest.

Yup, I'll look into changing the conditions for the quests. At the moment, it assumes you've started a new game with ABBA installed and talked to the statue before killing the dragon at Whiterun watch tower. If you install ABBA mid-game, the quests will be a bit messed up.

4 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

Additionally, I have one of the JK mods for whats-her-name in Markarth, so whatever contents that are supposed to be in the strong box arent there, and so the quest doesn't complete. Should I just advance the quest on this one too? I'm not too knowledgable on the conflict resolution patch creation side of things yet, but if there is a way I can learn, I'd love any pointers in the right direction. Gamer Poets?

With this sort of thing it's normally a load order issue where if plugins change the same record, the last one loaded wins. Conflict resolution patches are made by simply loading the 2 conflicting plugins in Xedit, then copying the conflicting form (copy as override into) to a new "patch.esp" (which will load after both main plugins) and editing that form so that it works the way it should.

I have a conflict with the same record, but since ABBA loads after the other plugin, it works fine:

Spoiler

abba_conflict.jpg.a6826177bfe2748e928b4c3d95cebe72.jpg

The only other thing I need to figure out is why I'm getting a pushup effect whenever I equip clothes, but I'm pretty sure that's a setting on 3BA that I accidentally put on when installing this.

Yup, use one or the other, "CBBE 3BA push up effect" or "ABBA Armour factor" not both!

Lastly again, love this mod man. Glad to see you're back in the world and seemingly doing well!

2 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

Also question - whats the difference between the 3BA body and the ABBA body? I've used 3BA for ages, just curious about the ABBA body though.

ABBA Body in the "ABBA CBBE patch" is a custom version of CBBE that I made based on a version @Bazinga made a few years ago but with 3BBB breast bones. It's designed to work with HDT SMP and comes with it's own physics xml files.

CBBE 3BA is more advanced, with added leg/anus physics and all the config files included + CPBC compatibility. "ABBA 3BA patch" has BodySlide files & physics config for the abba dresses that work with this.

I used to recommend not using CBBE 3BA with ABBA. But nowadays, with the new ABBA 3BA patch it works really well and I actually prefer it. You also have the added bonus of choosing which actors use SMP exclusively.

6 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

Here's a quick patch (esl flagged) for "JK's Arnleif and Sons Trading Company". Load after ABBA.esp and JK's Arnleif and Sons Trading Company.esp  Image below shows what it does:

Spoiler

abba_conflict1.jpg.f1d1e3635da4faceea2741073a83b639.jpg

It uses the ABBA version of the StrongBox but JK's version of where it is positioned. Untested but should work fine, I've just started a new game so will try it and see.

Edit: Note that the Strongbox is flagged as persistent in ABBA - a requirement for quest aliases. So if ABBA was winning the conflict before adding this patch in a current save game, the box will stay in the vanilla position.

ABBA JK Arnlief and Sons Patch.esp

Edited by Yinkle

a great mod. can be easily installed manually. runs everything without problems. thanks for your great work.

ScreenShot0.png

new update? you provide great support for your mod. thanks again for that.

Edited by Vincenza
1 hour ago, ebbluminous said:

Thank you for the update with the book - There is an alternate start mod to start after visiting the Greybeards that I can use again :)

Yup, let me know how it goes with that. I tried it with the Alternate Perspective mod - starts you on the way to High Hrothgar, and it seemed to work fine. I found lots of oddities when using Alt Start LAL - actor packages breaking and the like, it only works well if you start owning Breezehome, so I decided to try something else. Alternate Perspective is excellent and allows you to do a "close to" Vanilla start with all mods enabled, amongst other interesting scenarios.

The change with the book sets the quest to the "speak to the Jarl of Whiterun" stage when you read the book if it detects that you've not started the quest and have either absorbed a dragon's soul or unlocked a word of power. 

I've also changed the dialogue conditions with the statue, so the quest starting dialogue is gone if the above conditions are met.

if feedback is desired, everything works perfectly after the update. 

i have updated manually, i do not trust vortex ?

I have a stupid question. the book and the statues are only relevant when you start a new game, aren't they? because i'm actually in the endgame.

Edited by Vincenza