Modding Frustrations

So here I am, a year+ of downtime from skyrim and modding from burnout on trying to figure out a bugged mod set as a noob. Deciding to come back, I feel both overwhelmed and reinvigorated, having learned more of how to properly set up my mods. That being said, Ive just spent the last hour trying to debug animations not working to just realize I missed activating 1 mod out of 85. And So, I am feeling stupid. Not to mention that tools and mods have updated (after over a year away, who would have thought they do that :P) and so I am relearning them. Least I remembered to put skin on my skeleton this time.

That being said, I do have a few questions. Hoping maybe someone can give me some advice or pointers. I have my MO mod list "cleaned" using tes5edit, and LOOTed, but I haven't bashed it. Does Wyrebashing need to be done? Does LOOT have the mods here as part of its database and organize the order semi-properly with them?

Also, I'm wondering, when the game stalls (like an infinite loading screen,where I let her sit for an hour to see if eventually loads, or unresponsive game) does Papyrus pick up on the cause for the logs if I manually force close it? When it hangs, I usually put my Pc into the process of logging out as Skyrim is a douche and won't allow me to kill it with task manager (wont let me access anything beyond my ctrl+alt+del menu) and then I cancel the process to resume my work.

I also am including my log from papy, if anyone wants to look it over.

TLDR; after long time gone, i is still noob, has questions. Do i need to bash mods? Does Loot organize adult mods properly for mod lists? Does Papyrus register crashes if I force game exits? Any advice or tips welcome.

Papyrus.0.log

I've never felt the need to use Wrye Bash though a lot of people do.

LOOT is very good but not foolproof.  It will, generally speaking, sort LL mods.

Infinite loading screens, CTDs etc are generally memory issues and therefore nothing to do with Papyrus and scripts.  They are also, usually, indicative of problems with the installation and set up of the game rather mod-related problems.

S.T.E.P. guide Follow Step 1 and Step 3. Step 2, the mods is useful for suggestions but not mandatory.

ENBoost setup Crucial for a stable game. This is just a memory utility and not a full ENB.

Crash Fixes This is also crucial for a stable game.

BethIni A useful little utility. Use this before making the manual changes recommended by the other three links.

Read the instructions carefully and double-check the changes you make to the various ini files.

If you want to watch videos then Gamer Poets and Gopher (among many others) have done lots of good ones on all sorts of topics.

Well, I feel like an idiot for forgetting about ENBboost. And Gopher is one of my favorite youtubers.

So it fixed my load crashes like i figured it would, but now it crashes in my equipment (tab) and options (esc) menus for one save, as well as when I move from dungeons to outside (from both the sleep menu or escaping the prison in alternate start: L.A.L. mod) for another save. I am going to try a fresh save in the morning, been doing this for the last 36 hours.

Heres a log, in case someone wants a look.

Papyrus.0.log

Your log have a lot of faulting files and properties. Is not recomended change the load order in mid-game.

Forget and delete your old savegames. You can try clean it with ReSaver, but some problems can persist.

When have problems is recomended make the test on NEW GAME.

The papyrus log say none about CTD because is a buffered file. When the game make CTD never write the las line of the log.

Put your mod list. You can have a bad order or in-compatible mods.

All right Got a new fresh save, all my mods test good to go in the abandoned prison from Alt start (I tend to set up all my mods at that point since its empty with nothing to interrupt me and I can spawn creatures to test animations), chose the standard vanilla start, and it crashes in the intro during the cart ride, when the guard tells you to shut up. Havent tried any of the other alternate starts yet, so it could be anything from FNIS to Helgen Reborn hating the carriages or helgen, from what I have read.

But here is my current Loot recommended load order(no known conflicts thrown from LOOT or MO), and my new papy log.

also if it helps, Im running this:

Win 10

Amd Phenom II X4 970 Processor 3.50 GHz

8 gig ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

1920x1080 res on a 46 inch monitor....well tv turned monitor.

Papyrus.0.log

load order.txt

Spoiler
3 hours ago, slaveofpeon said:

All right Got a new fresh save, all my mods test good to go in the abandoned prison from Alt start (I tend to set up all my mods at that point since its empty with nothing to interrupt me and I can spawn creatures to test animations), chose the standard vanilla start, and it crashes in the intro during the cart ride, when the guard tells you to shut up. Havent tried any of the other alternate starts yet, so it could be anything from FNIS to Helgen Reborn hating the carriages or helgen, from what I have read.

But here is my current Loot recommended load order(no known conflicts thrown from LOOT or MO), and my new papy log.

also if it helps, Im running this:

Win 10

Amd Phenom II X4 970 Processor 3.50 GHz

8 gig ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

1920x1080 res on a 46 inch monitor....well tv turned monitor.

Papyrus.0.log

load order.txt

I grant that it looks like it should work. So let's start with little things that will help clean up the load order. First, get rid of the High Resolution patches and go over to Nexus and get the Vanilla Texture Optimization. Second, turn off the XPMSE esp. The skeleton has to be loaded but the esp does not have to be on on and it can cause some problems of its own. I would also encourage you to turn off SexyMoves. I hated to do it when I did it but it does seem to cause problems with the other animations.

If this doesn't work go back to the standard way of doing this. First, remember the likely culprit is not a single mod that is "corrupting" your game. The problem is likely the interaction between two or more mods. So, turn off ALL mods that you can bear to part with until you have a stable game. Then add the mods back 5-10 at a time until you hit a snag. Go back through that group and find what the specific issue is. Then decide if you REALLY have to have that mod or not.

Bad thing, your log continue say you are fault of files and propertities.

If this log come from a new game that mean a bad installation of mod's, manual operations or bad un-instaled mods. And you have a DUMP (Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:) probably by bad order or bad mods or incorrect configurations in the MCM of some mods.

Your machine is not the best, like mine, win7 64 + i5 4460 + gtx 660 2g + 16g, and my machine not support pure waters or full enb.

I think you must go step by step. And not skip any step until you have a stable game.

Step 1: Disable ALL yours mod's and launch a NEW GAME. Look your papyrus.log and see if have faulting files and properties. They can't come from any mod and must come from trash in your Skyrim directory. If you can't find and clear the trash, the only solution is delete your skyrim directory and start a new installation from zero.

Of course, you can skip this, i see a lot of games working with a lot of errors like that, but is not recomended.

Step 2: Follow Grey Could recomendations. Install Skse Memory Patch, Crash Fixes 12 and SKSE Plugin Preloader for use "UseOSAllocators=1" and of course put ENB in Boost mode.

Step 3: Make a basic install of mod's excluding sexlab and all sex related sex mod's. Verify the stability of your game for at least half hour of play.

Step 4: Start figting with sexlab and her related mod's.

If you have CTD can be by memory out, follow Grey Could recomendations, or can be by bad skeleton. Re-install XPMSE. xpmse must overwrite all, none mod can overwrite XPMSE.

Yeah, I may have removed something improperly a few days ago when I was frustrated. I was hoping i did it right. well fecal expletive.

Surprisingly, as my pc isnt the greatest, It takes the 4k graphical mods like a champ. I can't play the newest Call of Duty on her, but I can play things like GTA5 and Fallout 4 or even the newer Vampyre on the max settings, or even skyrim with the replacers and settings on ultra. She's picky about what she likes I guess. lol

Thanks guys, I'll start with a fresh install and throw a few mods in at a time, and let you all know where it stands when I am done. Got me some work irl, so it may take a few days.

Alrighty, time for an update, I got it to mostly work (on all my mods except the sexy ones), but KS hairdo is causing it to freeze either right before the character creation or during it. I know its been said to use either racemenu or... oh wait, nevermind. As i type this i realized what i was doing wrong. for some reason i thought cbbe came with racemenu, but it comes with bodyslide. I blame lack of sleep while modding. Ive caught a few mistakes a few times now.

well, it works now that i put things right. Now to get the rest of my mods added and see where it leaves me.

I feel like an idiot.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:51 AM, slaveofpeon said:

TLDR; after long time gone, i is still noob, has questions. Do i need to bash mods? Not necessarily. Afaik what you really need it for is when you want random NPCs wearing custom clothes by default. Honestly i've never used it myself and never had any problems because of that, but that doesn't necessarily mean you never need to do it for a certain mod or feature.

Does Loot organize adult mods properly for mod lists? Possibly, but not necessarily. Depends on the mods, not only for adult mods. In general it's good advice to read the trouble shooting/compatibility section of mods, those should mention it if a certain load order is known to be required. Depending how popular your combination of mods is, chances are that it isn't known, but nobody will bite you for asking in the support thread for one of the mods. :) More generally, the mod you want to win possible conflicts should be last.

Archived