• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to use this mod, but I'm running into a CTD issue between JContainers (prereq for Creature Framework and More Nasty Critters) and Sexlab Inflation Framework (for a half dozen other mods on my list). I've tried uninstalling every single mod I have except SLAC + prereqs and SLIF + prereqs, and can have either/or, or get a CTD. Has anyone trying to use this mod with SLIF found a workaround?

14 hours ago, TeamJimmyJohns said:

I'm trying to use this mod, but I'm running into a CTD issue between JContainers (prereq for Creature Framework and More Nasty Critters) and Sexlab Inflation Framework (for a half dozen other mods on my list). I've tried uninstalling every single mod I have except SLAC + prereqs and SLIF + prereqs, and can have either/or, or get a CTD. Has anyone trying to use this mod with SLIF found a workaround?

Only SexLab and SexLab Aroused are hard requirements for Aroused Creatures so you can test without everything else if necessary, though naturally there will be no penises for creatures in that case.

CTDs involving Aroused Creatures are typically a result of issues with the MNC and/or ABC mods. Usually this is down to a corrupt or incompatible creatures mesh being applied during a SexLab animation. This can be tested in qasmoke using the summon spells from Hentai Creatures (available from the MNC download page) by setting the arousal threshold in Creature Framework to 0 then summoning each creature in turn.

If you are actually getting CTD on launch with jContainers then this would indicate it is the wrong version for your installed version of SKSE64. Aroused Creatures does not use jContainers itself but is tested at every stage with jContainers installed.

1 hour ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Only SexLab and SexLab Aroused are hard requirements for Aroused Creatures so you can test without everything else if necessary, though naturally there will be no penises for creatures in that case.

CTDs involving Aroused Creatures are typically a result of issues with the MNC and/or ABC mods. Usually this is down to a corrupt or incompatible creatures mesh being applied during a SexLab animation. This can be tested in qasmoke using the summon spells from Hentai Creatures (available from the MNC download page) by setting the arousal threshold in Creature Framework to 0 then summoning each creature in turn.

If you are actually getting CTD on launch with jContainers then this would indicate it is the wrong version for your installed version of SKSE64. Aroused Creatures does not use jContainers itself but is tested at every stage with jContainers installed.

I'm quite certain I have both the latest SKSE and the corresponding JContainers (made sure it was specifically the SE version and not the VR version, for SKSE 2.0.19), so I'm pretty sure it's not that? I will try testing with just SL and SL Aroused Redux and see if it launches. I'm pretty sure it will, given that I can disable Jcontainers and get the game to run (albeit with an error from Creature Framework about wrong/outdated Jcontainer version).

What are ABC mods and qasmoke? I'm still kinda new to the NSFW mods here on LL, so I'm assuming the former is an acronym for some other creatures mod here on LL, and the latter is a console command in-game?

To be a bit more specific, I get a JContainer crash about ~1 second after loading into the character creator menu in Alternate Start/Live Another Life, OR an instant CTD while loading an existing save. I noticed that the character creator loads some weird preset character in the character creator that isn't normally loaded when I DON'T have JContainers enabled. Dunno if that's a sign of some incompatability somewhere else, but given that I reinstalled all of my mods one by one yesterday and checked their requirements, I'm pretty sure I don't have any other JContainers-reliant mods in my list that might cause a conflict.

thanks for the help!

Edit: Just tried running the game without Creature Framework, MNC, and Sexlab More Creatures (but still have SL Aroused Redux, Sexlab, SLAC, and JContainer) and still get a CTD. So it's got nothing to do with the mods that depend on JContainer, at least...

1 hour ago, TeamJimmyJohns said:

Edit: Just tried running the game without Creature Framework, MNC, and Sexlab More Creatures (but still have SL Aroused Redux, Sexlab, SLAC, and JContainer) and still get a CTD. So it's got nothing to do with the mods that depend on JContainer, at least...

This really sounds like there are some other contributing factors.

If you are using MO2 make sure that during testing you are disabling mods in the left panel rather than just the plugins, this will ensure that any damaged or incompatible files are excluded. Also take a close look at the conflicts for the affected mods: make sure nothing but PapyrusUtil is overriding SexLab, that MNC is overriding XPMSE, nothing should be overriding Aroused Creatures.

If you are using Vortex make sure to purge any mods you are disabling, again this is to ensure that there are no files being contributed by the disabled mods.

Take a look at .NET Script Framework which can create a crash log that shows what the engine was handling when it crashes. It might provides some clues as to what's happening.

If you are still having trouble then post a Papyrus log for a game in which you get a CTD with Aroused Creatures.

1 hour ago, Sailing Rebel said:

This really sounds like there are some other contributing factors.

If you are using MO2 make sure that during testing you are disabling mods in the left panel rather than just the plugins, this will ensure that any damaged or incompatible files are excluded. Also take a close look at the conflicts for the affected mods: make sure nothing but PapyrusUtil is overriding SexLab, that MNC is overriding XPMSE, nothing should be overriding Aroused Creatures.

If you are using Vortex make sure to purge any mods you are disabling, again this is to ensure that there are no files being contributed by the disabled mods.

Take a look at .NET Script Framework which can create a crash log that shows what the engine was handling when it crashes. It might provides some clues as to what's happening.

If you are still having trouble then post a Papyrus log for a game in which you get a CTD with Aroused Creatures.

I am using Vortex. I disabled everything except SLIF and the SLAC needed mods + JContainer, game booted and ran fine. Slowly added mods in batches of 2 or 3 over the past few hours, no crashes until I added the following mods:

Skyrim Flora Overhaul 2.72d

SL Animation Loader SE

SL Defeat SSE

SLIF Bodymorph Setting (a SLIF config file to get it to work with 3BBB Advanced, from this post)

SOS Se

at this point, the game started CTD'ing in the same spot, and my usual cleaning process of disabling those mods + purging and redeploying mods + rebuilding FNIS still causes CTD after the fact.

Looking at the .NET script framework log, the two "possible relevant objects" it lists are both effects from Archery Gameplay Overhaul, which I've had enabled for quite a while before the crashes (I was just going alphabetically down my mod list to re-enable mods, aside from SLAC + SLIF + prereqs). I'll try removing Archery, run the game, and check the new log. If I still CTD, I'll get you a Papyrus log.

Edit: Unfortunately, disabling/purging Archery only delayed the time-to-crash by about a second, but the game still CTD's and the .NET log is claiming it's an unhandled native exception, and has no further recommendations for problematic mods. I've attached both my most recent Papyrus log as well as the relevant .NET log.

Crash_2021_1_6_14-44-43.txt Papyrus.0.log

2 hours ago, TeamJimmyJohns said:

.NET log is claiming it's an unhandled native exception

If Skyrim is installed under Program Files or another protected area of the file system then it will need to be moved to a Steam library in a less secure location.

Try disabling any anti-virus software and if that work configure it to ignore Skyrim and all modding tools.

If any mods have ever been manually installed to the Data folder then consider a clean install of Skyrim.

29 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

If Skyrim is installed under Program Files or another protected area of the file system then it will need to be moved to a Steam library in a less secure location.

Try disabling any anti-virus software and if that work configure it to ignore Skyrim and all modding tools.

If any mods have ever been manually installed to the Data folder then consider a clean install of Skyrim.

This is a laptop with a single hard drive and no partitions, so yeah all of my steam games are installed in the default Program Files x86 location that Steam normally does. I'll probably take the opportunity to do a fresh install of all my mods at the time and see if the issues persist. I'm on rural internet so that'll be an overnight ordeal.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks so much for the help!

1 hour ago, TeamJimmyJohns said:

This is a laptop with a single hard drive and no partitions, so yeah all of my steam games are installed in the default Program Files x86 location that Steam normally does.

It's possible to trick Steam into creating a second Steam library on the C drive outside of Program Files by editing one of the Steam config files. This thread describes the how to make the change.

Can anyone tell me why the attack occurs only if I aim at the animal and press the N key. And only in that case the attack will work. Or is this the way it should be? If I just run around the world and do not poke at the animal, I will never see the attack, why is this? Is this an SL Aroused problem or an Aroused Creature problem? Tell me plz.
P.S Sorry for my English. ?

10 hours ago, bray114 said:

Can anyone tell me why the attack occurs only if I aim at the animal and press the N key. And only in that case the attack will work. Or is this the way it should be? If I just run around the world and do not poke at the animal, I will never see the attack, why is this? Is this an SL Aroused problem or an Aroused Creature problem? Tell me plz.
P.S Sorry for my English. ?

This suggests that SexLab Aroused is not automatically updating actor arousal for some reason.

When you use N on a creature SL Aroused will manually updated their arousal, bypassing the automated updates. It should be noted that by default SL Aroused only updates arousal for nearby actors once every 120 seconds. This can be reduced under SexLab Aroused MCM > Settings.

There are situations where Aroused will stop updating arousal levels because it thinks there is an SL animation playing. You would need to look at the Papyrus log to see with this is the case and maybe use SexLab > Rebuild & Clean > Clean System to fix it.

3 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

This suggests that SexLab Aroused is not automatically updating actor arousal for some reason.

When you use N on a creature SL Aroused will manually updated their arousal, bypassing the automated updates. It should be noted that by default SL Aroused only updates arousal for nearby actors once every 120 seconds. This can be reduced under SexLab Aroused MCM > Settings.

There are situations where Aroused will stop updating arousal levels because it thinks there is an SL animation playing. You would need to look at the Papyrus log to see with this is the case and maybe use SexLab > Rebuild & Clean > Clean System to fix it.

Look at you please, I don't find lines for this 

Papyrus.0.log Papyrus.1.log Papyrus.2.log Papyrus.3.log

8 hours ago, bray114 said:

Look at you please, I don't find lines for this 

It does not look like SexLab Aroused is running at all.

Reinstall the SexLab Aroused Redux linked in the description and make sure it overrides everything.

There are also a lot of errors from other mod scripts. I'm afraid there may be issues with your load order that go beyond simply getting SL Aroused to work.

Ive run into an odd issue with this mod during uninstallation. Initially tested in a small build SLAC worked as intended, but in a finished version it seem to take exceptionally long time to start a scene. So while i liked the mod, it appeared neccecery to opt for more lightweight solution. Issue with it, however, is - i dont seem to be able to uninstall SLAC. Normal procedure fails, as when i try to load a savegame after deactivating the mod i get "corrupted" error when loading a save without it.

Im somewhat new to SSE, and ive never ecountered such issues with LE builds, falrim tools resaving solved basicly anything there. Are there any precautions beyond deactivating the mod in MCM i need to take before uninstalling?

5 hours ago, nilead said:

Ive run into an odd issue with this mod during uninstallation. Initially tested in a small build SLAC worked as intended, but in a finished version it seem to take exceptionally long time to start a scene. So while i liked the mod, it appeared neccecery to opt for more lightweight solution. Issue with it, however, is - i dont seem to be able to uninstall SLAC. Normal procedure fails, as when i try to load a savegame after deactivating the mod i get "corrupted" error when loading a save without it.

Im somewhat new to SSE, and ive never ecountered such issues with LE builds, falrim tools resaving solved basicly anything there. Are there any precautions beyond deactivating the mod in MCM i need to take before uninstalling?

The delay in starting up a scene is usually down to the number of installed creature animations. More animations means more work in figuring out which animations are appropriate. SexLab now has a caching system but it can take time for this to populate so initial scenes will take longer to start than later ones.

You might be able to improve performance a little. In SexLab MCM > Rebuild & Clean disable the Debug option which is on by default, then go to SexLab MCM > Animation Settings and uncheck the Disable Starting Teleport option. In the Aroused Creatures MCM > PC/NPC Settings set the group chance to 0% and disable Restrict Aggressive and Restrict Consensual, this should reduce the amount of required filtering. Naturally those changes come with a reduction in functionality. Also take a look at Aroused Creatures MCM > Help and see if there are any warnings at the top (hover over the option to see an explanation at the bottom).

But the best option is to simply reduce the number of installed creature animations. Try to be more selective when installing SLAL mods and only enable animations you are actually interested in using.

As always, uninstalling any mod mid game is inadvisable.

If you feel you must, deactivate the mod in Aroused Creatures MCM > General Settings, play for a couple of hours then try and remove it again. You could also try disabling the ESP without actually removing the files which might prevent persistent script references from contributing to the list of missing objects that might lead to corruption. Otherwise you may need to simply leave the mod deactivated in the MCM and keep it.

38 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

If you feel you must, deactivate the mod in Aroused Creatures MCM > General Settings, play for a couple of hours then try and remove it again. You could also try disabling the ESP without actually removing the files which might prevent persistent script references from contributing to the list of missing objects that might lead to corruption. Otherwise you may need to simply leave the mod deactivated in the MCM and keep it.

Thanks for your reply. Indeed, i do use alot of animation packs (17k in FNIS). Its a matter of personal preference, cutting variety is not my first choice. And when it came down to "something got to give" - quality of creature scenes was the thing i decided to cut. Disabling .esp -> resaver clearing->remove files process worked for me. Again, i dont in any way mean to imply there is anything wrong with the mod itself, it works as intended. It just doesnt perform particularly well for my admittedly heavy build.

Hello all!

Been having some trouble with MM and creature on creature animation. Would like to know if MM hands off just male/female tags, or if it sends creature type tags as well. Human on creature works as intended, but two creatures produces a random animation.

For instance, if i MatchMake two humans, i get a (human on human animation,) nice.

If i MM a human and creature, i get a (human and creature animation,) like npc w/ horse, nice.

If i MM a creature and creature(horse and wolf/dog,) i get a (human and creature animation,) which doesnt work well. One of the creatures looks like its with a human, while the other stands still. I can manually change to a (horse and canine animation,) but i have to use SL Tools.

TLDR; MM uses human on creature animation, for creature on creature interaction, even though a correct animation is available.

SL SE beta 8.

Any help would be much appreciated!
 Thanks!

34 minutes ago, mrkarl said:

Been having some trouble with MM and creature on creature animation. Would like to know if MM hands off just male/female tags, or if it sends creature type tags as well. Human on creature works as intended, but two creatures produces a random animation.

Neither SexLab nor Aroused Creatures support creature-on-creature animations right now. You would need to check the support threads for mods that can get this working or ask in the main SE support forum. I'm not familiar with the process myself.

2 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Neither SexLab nor Aroused Creatures support creature-on-creature animations right now. You would need to check the support threads for mods that can get this working or ask in the main SE support forum. I'm not familiar with the process myself.

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it!

5 hours ago, saltshade said:

Animation settings are not saved in your profile. Please add this in the next update if it's possible. It's tedious to go through all the animations every time you have to reset SL.

Can you tell me the sequence you were going through here?

The aggressive animation toggle options should be saved in the profile and should be restored when loading that profile after resetting. It should be noted that it will only add or remove the aggressive tag for animations that are available to SL at the time the profile is loaded - so if you load the profile and then enable the animations in SLAL you would need to load the profile again to make sure those added animation get the modified tags from the profile.

Also be aware there is a Load Profile Tags option on the profiles page which is on by default. If it is disabled then animation tags will not be updated when loading a profile.

You can actually just open the profile JSON file (Data/SKSE/Plugins/ArousedCreatures) in a text editor and see the animations with switched tags listed towards the bottom.

21 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Can you tell me the sequence you were going through here?

The aggressive animation toggle options should be saved in the profile and should be restored when loading that profile after resetting. It should be noted that it will only add or remove the aggressive tag for animations that are available to SL at the time the profile is loaded - so if you load the profile and then enable the animations in SLAL you would need to load the profile again to make sure those added animation get the modified tags from the profile.

Also be aware there is a Load Profile Tags option on the profiles page which is on by default. If it is disabled then animation tags will not be updated when loading a profile.

You can actually just open the profile JSON file (Data/SKSE/Plugins/ArousedCreatures) in a text editor and see the animations with switched tags listed towards the bottom.

It would take a long time to replicate because I have so many animations, but the last time I did it, it was like this:

1. Installed SL and added all animations in SLAL

2. Configured Aroused Creatures and changed the aggressive animation settings. Set some "rough" animations to aggressive manually.

3. Saved to Profile 1

4. Reset SL animations registry

5. Added all animations in SLAL again(this is what takes a lot of time)

6. Loaded Profile 1

7. Animations in Aroused Creatures had default settings, but all the other settings were loaded.

I've started a new game since the issue, but Load Profile Tags was checked when I imported the profile from my previous game. I can get back to you the next time I actually need to reset the registry, because it's a lot of work.

It would be better if the mod actually set ALL animations with aggressive tags to aggressive intead of guessing, which seems to be the case now. It's not consistent in its method.

1 hour ago, saltshade said:

It would be better if the mod actually set ALL animations with aggressive tags to aggressive intead of guessing, which seems to be the case now. It's not consistent in its method.

There may be some confusion there. The Aggressive Animations lists show animations that have the Aggressive tag, either by default or added by Aroused Creatures or any other mod. Toggling aggressive/consensual in these lists is literally adding/removing that tag from the animations. If you hover over the animation in the list for a couple of seconds it will display all the tags on that animation at the bottom.