4th generation synthetic body (Texture(s)

4th generation synthetic body (Texture(s)

View File

Here are some body textures I made & wanted to share with everyone, These are textures to make your character look like a synth.

I'm planning to do more color choices for wires & I might make alternate versions of these skin textures altogether.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These files are just body textures, They are not meant to go with anything else in particular.

22 hours ago, BringtheNoise said:

Just a thought: offer up the Wire Overlay in a psd format for the head, hand, and body (this way people could adjust the color to what they want and then merge it onto which ever skin they use).

Sure why not.........I don't use .psd's though, So I'll make it  a .png........if anyone wants to change wire colors yourself here's the wire layout without the body & joint covers.

Synth crack wires.rar

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Yukok21 said:

How do you use this? Is it like CBBE when you install it, because I'm having issues getting it to show up on my character. >.< Would love to have the synth look to my character.

Sorry I never specified,  These textures are installed the same way as pretty much everything I've uploaded.

Just drop the Data folder in your Fallout 4 folder.......However if you have Unique player installed then things are a bit more complex.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming you do have Unique player then what you need to do is take the texture files in the mod pack from-

MK4 synthetic body\MK4 synth skin\Data\Textures\actors\character\BasedHumanFemale

Then put those files into the player texture folder-

Fallout 4\Data\textures\actors\character\PlayerHumanFemale

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That should do it............I'm sorry my mods aren't really user friendly, I like to install stuff manually myself so I don't really know much about fomod(s).

17 hours ago, Bojack1135 said:

i wonder if you would make a skin overlay for looksmenu.

I might be able to,  I haven't ever poked around in Looksmenu files before (yet), so I dot know.....

Although I must say I don't see the point with a texture that covers the entire body, As soon as its applied it will basically overwrite base texture(s).

i guess the reason why he asked is that LooksMenu has a "Skin" option, where you can set a different skin for a character, without having to use Uniquie Player/Companion.

its not a "overlay" perse, but replaces the default femalebody texture used with the one selected in LooksMenu for your player character. (that way all color variants you made can be installed at the same time and are usable on yourself and NPCs with the sculpt tool)

i already made a few LooksMenu Skin packages for myself so far (no permission to release them since i used textures from other mod authors) so if you need some help you can drop  me a line.

2 hours ago, dibz666 said:

I might be able to,  I haven't ever poked around in Looksmenu files before (yet), so I dot know.....

Although I must say I don't see the point with a texture that covers the entire body, As soon as its applied it will basically overwrite base texture(s).

the reason as to why i ask as it basically becomes a toggleable unique body that way, no overwrites etc. and if you use SLM on companions etc it will also work on them. but still i don't want to come across like i'm demanding anything it was just a question.

Well maybe in the future I'll make one for looksmenu.................goner01 u have my permission if u want to make a looksmenu version.

On the topic of making it toggleable, I could make a mod that swaps out the textures via an item u wear....Kinda like a body swap but for textures.

Then u could toggle it 4 u & NPC's without having to use looksmenu...........

The down side to this method is anything that takes the body slot(33) or the hand slots(34&35) will overwrite the texture(s).

On 12/25/2017 at 6:04 PM, dibz666 said:

Sorry I never specified,  These textures are installed the same way as pretty much everything I've uploaded.

Just drop the Data folder in your Fallout 4 folder.......However if you have Unique player installed then things are a bit more complex.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming you do have Unique player then what you need to do is take the texture files in the mod pack from-

MK4 synthetic body\MK4 synth skin\Data\Textures\actors\character\BasedHumanFemale

Then put those files into the player texture folder-

Fallout 4\Data\textures\actors\character\PlayerHumanFemale

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That should do it............I'm sorry my mods aren't really user friendly, I like to install stuff manually myself so I don't really know much about fomod(s).

Thank you so much for the reply and help <3 

18 hours ago, dibz666 said:

Well maybe in the future I'll make one for looksmenu.................goner01 u have my permission if u want to make a looksmenu version.

On the topic of making it toggleable, I could make a mod that swaps out the textures via an item u wear....Kinda like a body swap but for textures.

Then u could toggle it 4 u & NPC's without having to use looksmenu...........

The down side to this method is anything that takes the body slot(33) or the hand slots(34&35) will overwrite the texture(s).

again that's why it'd be better to make it an overlay. i wouldn't use it as an item though others would.

i redid the 5 texture packs into a LooksMenu Skin pack, install it with NMM (or unpack into the Fallout 4\Data\ folder)

the way Skin Overlays work, dont try to remake the file into a ESL, this will break connections, and they will no longer work. (i may look in if it could work as a ESL file too, but atm it wont)

Load order doesnt matter with this esp file, but you need to start Fallout4 with F4SE (well LooksMenu wont work without F4SE anyway :-) )

File size was cut down as much as possible, (since normal and specular maps have been identical, as far as i could tell, i just included them once, same for head texture)

4th Gen Synth LooksMenu Skins.7z

3 hours ago, goner01 said:

i redid the 5 texture packs into a LooksMenu Skin pack, install it with NMM (or unpack into the Fallout 4\Data\ folder)

the way Skin Overlays work, dont try to remake the file into a ESL, this will break connections, and they will no longer work. (i may look in if it could work as a ESL file too, but atm it wont)

Load order doesnt matter with this esp file, but you need to start Fallout4 with F4SE (well LooksMenu wont work without F4SE anyway :-) )

File size was cut down as much as possible, (since normal and specular maps have been identical, as far as i could tell, i just included them once, same for head texture)

Cool nicely done goner01, Also to clarify yes the specular & normal maps were the same 4 the body textures.

P.S. Thank you for being supportive.

• 2 months later...
On 28.12.2017 at 1:31 PM, goner01 said:

the head textures look different from the body. head is matt/dull but the body is very shiny. Is that just for me? and the Ridges/lines whatever you call them (like the circles on the forehead) are colorless, shouldn*t they be dark/Black

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 3:20 PM, command88+ said:

the head textures look different from the body. head is matt/dull but the body is very shiny. Is that just for me? and the Ridges/lines whatever you call them (like the circles on the forehead) are colorless, shouldn*t they be dark/Black

i noticed the matte look on the head and face as well

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Could this be used as a general synth replacer by following the steps except renaming and placing them in the resource folders for the desired synth? Perhaps the mark 1s or that one follower ada I think it was? It's been years since I modded a fallout game, since about fallout 3 and I remember just changing the textures worked that way. 

Regardless thanks for the files. I'll put them in a "to be tested folder when I have time to sort it out (and a clean install on my laptop once I download it so I don't break my main computers game).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I found the problem for the matte face.

It's the way it is, because it has wrong face diffuse and specular maps but interestingly it has the right normal map which is weird.

The diffuse and specular maps used in the archive look like the vanilla ones from the game.

And I don't know if the files were changed or different in the past, but I don't see any comments about matte face being a problem, which is again, odd.

Also the sad thing is that, I can view these files and see them and also I found suitable replacements from this mod for both of these files: 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30916

But i can't edit these files to match the color of the body or match the glossyness, since GIMP cannot or I'm too dumb to modify these files correctly (they cause CTD after being modified) and I am definetely unable to use Photoshop correctly in this scenario.

Also I won't accuse the author here, but this mod seems to be a modified version of this mods textures:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14278

So I'm calling on the author ( @dibz666 ) to update the materials used in this mod (they should have the proper files still), if not, you can strip the right .DDS files from the iSynth mod in the Robot Textures folder, but the diffuse map does not match the body and the specular map is basically no gloss, so a more advanced solution would be to tweak the diffuse map to have proper, matching saturation and colors, also tweak the specular map using this guide, to have more gloss and shine:

But as I stated before I'm not good friends with Photoshop and I can't figure this out.

I really like the skins concept (not just on a NSFW note) and would like to use it in it's full glory so if anyone can work with this, please be sure to inform me here or DM me.

Edit 1: I made some progress here with Photoshop, and it seems like the files are corrupted or damaged (for the faces at least, even the normal map), like they are incomplete and appear jittery, will look into this more.

Corrupted specular map from this mod (left) and ripped one from iSynth which has the same texture layout.

Untitled.pngIf anyone is wondering, I somewhat know how it should look, because GIMP was able to read these files albeit at a lower resolution than it should be at and it also had some damaged regions even in GIMP.