1 hour ago, Gorodskoy Tip said:

I tried using Mr. Handy's anims, but they won't work. The character is animated, but Codsworth is just idling. Help, please

AAF has a problem with the processing of robot animations.

Earlier in this thread, I posted a patch that fixes this. It is still fully up to date.

Edited by Axary

Could we get a list of the workshop items that can be used for animations including the ones from the compatible workshop mods? I have CWSS installed, and it said it was one of the compatible ones, but I can't figure out which showers are compatible besides the one from the Player's home from before the war.

4 hours ago, DragonHawk1997 said:

Could we get a list of the workshop items that can be used for animations including the ones from the compatible workshop mods? I have CWSS installed, and it said it was one of the compatible ones, but I can't figure out which showers are compatible besides the one from the Player's home from before the war.

You already have them.

Extract the mod to a folder, or just look in the AAF folder, and then actually look at what is in it. (hint: look for -----furnitureData....xml)

CWSS Redux has 2 showers

Then, get in the habit of extracting mods before installing, and looking at what's in them.

On 12/2/2023 at 10:26 PM, izzyknows said:

You already have them.

Extract the mod to a folder, or just look in the AAF folder, and then actually look at what is in it. (hint: look for -----furnitureData....xml)

CWSS Redux has 2 showers

Then, get in the habit of extracting mods before installing, and looking at what's in them.

Thanks, I genuinely didn't know that. I am still getting used to modding, thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, zdwzvgwdkarwvqmheb said:

One of main squeeze and flawz with this mod is that it removes half npc's from console registry list and they won't show up. For example if you searh for a dog on console all dog npc's from there are removed and it only show's their armors. Is there a fluent workaround for this? Thanks in advance?

It doesn't. When you say "console registry list" and "search for a dog on console" I assume you're talking about the help command, right? You're presumably searching like this:

help dog 4 npc_

That should never return armor entries (for that you would specify armo instead of npc_). Are you maybe not restricting your searches to a specific record type, and get back so many results that the entries you wanted scroll off the display? If so, you can scroll up in the console window to see the earlier results returned by your command.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

It doesn't. When you say "console registry list" and "search for a dog on console" I assume you're talking about the help command, right? You're presumably searching like this:

help dog 4 npc_

That should never return armor entries (for that you would specify armo instead of npc_). Are you maybe not restricting your searches to a specific record type, and get back so many results that the entries you wanted scroll off the display? If so, you can scroll up in the console window to see the earlier results returned by your command.

Thanks for help and apologize for the procrastination. It seems i may have jump on gun too early on this one. Issue definitely lies somewhere in AAF not neessary on cabbage but conflicts with leito animation pack. Because when i started to disable certain aaf animation packs full list Dog npc's and other npc's were showing on console. After i re-enabled packs while leito was active, they just started to dissapear. If i spawn them manually just by typing ID they spawn as invisible.

test.jpg

Edited by zdwzvgwdkarwvqmheb
5 minutes ago, zdwzvgwdkarwvqmheb said:

Thanks for help and apologize for the procrastination. It seems i may have jump on gun too early on this one. Issue definitely lies somewhere in AAF not neessary on cabbage but conflicts with leito animation pack. Because when i started to disable certain aaf animation packs full list Dog npc's and other npc's were showing on console. After i re-enabled packs while leito was active, they just started to dissapear. If i spawn them manually just by typing ID they spawn as invisible.

test.jpg

I can't begin to guess what has caused that in your game. I have the latest AAF, this animation pack, and so much more (around 700 installed mods, a significant proportion of which are AAF related or other adult mods from LL). When I help dog 4 npc_ in my console I get the NPC records like in the right side of your image.

can someone explain the installation of the mod better because i dont understand what you mean by "Simply use your mod manager of choice (Vortex, Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer 2) and click on the file, then choose ONLY the options that you have installed! If you don't know whether you have a mod or DLC, don't pick them."

13 minutes ago, yopperfishy16 said:

can someone explain the installation of the mod better because i dont understand what you mean by "Simply use your mod manager of choice (Vortex, Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer 2) and click on the file, then choose ONLY the options that you have installed! If you don't know whether you have a mod or DLC, don't pick them."

1. Use the download button on the file page for this mod and then, if it gives you multiple options, pick the one with the highest version number (unless you know that you need an older version for some reason).
  2. Drag the resulting file from your Downloads folder into the "drop files here" area of your mod manager (this is how Vortex works anyway, I assume MO2 is similar).
  3. Tell your mod manager to install and enable the mod (in Vortex that's done by switching its status in your mods list from "Never Installed" to "Enabled").
  4. Assuming you're using a FOMOD-capable mod manager (at least Vortex and MO2 are, not sure about NMM), you should see a menu displayed with various options.
  5. Click the checkboxes to add or remove the various features of the mod you want included in your game.
  6. Some of the options are for integration with various other mods, only check those if you're also using the mods they're for.
  7. Once installation completes, you may still need to click a Deploy button in your mod manager (for Vortex at least) so that your updated mods will be added to the game.
24 minutes ago, yopperfishy16 said:

Really? You just install this mod and choose the options that apply to your mod list.

Im sorry but if you don’t  understand that *shrug*.

Edited by UsernameTaken666
1 minute ago, vaultbait said:

1. Use the download button on the file page for this mod and then, if it gives you multiple options, pick the one with the highest version number (unless you know that you need an older version for some reason).
  2. Drag the resulting file from your Downloads folder into the "drop files here" area of your mod manager (this is how Vortex works anyway, I assume MO2 is similar).
  3. Tell your mod manager to install and enable the mod (in Vortex that's done by switching its status in your mods list from "Never Installed" to "Enabled").
  4. Assuming you're using a FOMOD-capable mod manager (at least Vortex and MO2 are, not sure about NMM), you should see a menu displayed with various options.
  5. Click the checkboxes to add or remove the various features of the mod you want included in your game.
  6. Some of the options are for integration with various other mods, only check those if you're also using the mods they're for.
  7. Once installation completes, you may still need to click a Deploy button in your mod manager (for Vortex at least) so that your updated mods will be added to the game.

Welp, beaten to the punch by Vaultbait being the ever helpful person she is. Ignore my snark I suppose. Follow her guidance.

I have AAF 1.71 and SC 1.28 but after I run the ultimate aaf patch  SC animations don't show up when, I start up AAF. Do I need to un cheak SC when I install the patch I thought that was only for SC 1.30   if anyone knows how to fix this that would be great. Thanks

The only other animation mod I have is leito 2.1

Edited by meric112
23 hours ago, meric112 said:

I have AAF 1.71 and SC 1.28 but after I run the ultimate aaf patch  SC animations don't show up when, I start up AAF. Do I need to un cheak SC when I install the patch I thought that was only for SC 1.30   if anyone knows how to fix this that would be great. Thanks

The only other animation mod I have is leito 2.1

I have AAF-1.71 + SC-1.30 + UAP-v2.6.64-1(with active SC patch) and all work fine.

The UAP problems with SC-1.30 is a myth that was born because people incorrectly updated SC-1.28 to SC-1.30.
The point is that after any change in the animation packs you need to reinstall UAP. That is, if you install, uninstall, reinstall or update any of animation packs, then you need to reinstall UAP. But many people after updating SC-1.28 to SC-1.30 did not reinstall UAP and got problems.

However, if SC-1.30 + UAP (with active SC patch) are installed correctly, they always worked fine.

Edited by Axary
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, asaroth said:

I'm new to modding on the computer and for the life of me I dont know how to actually enable the mod. Like its installed and everything but I don't know how to use it once I'm in the game.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-the-fucking-manual-~-adult-oriented-setup-guide-21stjanuary2024/

Edited by vaultbait
1 hour ago, indiscrete said:

Running into an issue with launching fallout after installing this, quits to desktop while F4SE is displaying “RegisterPapyrusFunctions_Hook”. Are there any known incompatibilities, or something obvious I’m missing?

This mod has nothing to do with that, it doesn't even have scripts. It's only requirements are AAF. Which you might want to make sure is working correctly. But even if it wasn't working, it would crash and just not work in game. In other words the game will still run fine.

You might be exceeding the engines limitation. Installing  Buffout 4 helps a lot in that regard.

Edited by izzyknows
On 1/26/2024 at 4:09 PM, izzyknows said:

This mod has nothing to do with that, it doesn't even have scripts. It's only requirements are AAF. Which you might want to make sure is working correctly. But even if it wasn't working, it would crash and just not work in game. In other words the game will still run fine.

You might be exceeding the engines limitation. Installing  Buffout 4 helps a lot in that regard.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve got buffout 4 installed, and AAF is running fine with all other animation packs. Mystery to me why this one pack seems to cause a crash on launch when installed - not seeing anything in the logs to indicate why. 

Update: Looked into it and I didn’t have buffout installed correctly - switched from buffout NG to buffout and now I get proper crash logs. Definitely crashing while loading animations from this pack, they’re all throughout the stack. Immediate error is related to “exception access violation” on msvcr110.dll, but I’m still looking into that. The animation for DoubleBedInstitute01 is the first file referenced. Anyone know if I could try manually deleting individual animations, or is that a terrible idea?

Update 2: deleted the folder \data\meshes\actors\character\animations\savagecabbage\human\fm\doublebedinstitute01 and now I don’t CTD on launch. Neat!

Edited by indiscrete