Hey everyone, I have finally decided to dig in and find WHY exactly is nemesis reporting problems with unicode in ZaZ8+ and I have found the files that use non-standard ASCII in the name.

The files in question are:

ZaZ Animation Pack\Meshes\actors\character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack\ZazWallShacklesImmersiveschön.hkx

(Notice the " ö ", just change it to " o ". Not sure if having the German locale would help, so just rename the file)

and

ZaZ Animation Pack\Meshes\ZaZ-UltimateDataPack\ZaZ - Furniture\BondageBed\Slave´s Bed .nif

(This is the " ´ " forward tick that it uses, replace it with a normal tick " ' " [or a back tick? not sure if it does anything " ` " <-- back tick for reference])

Doing these two changes allowed me to successfully compile animations with ZaZ8+ enabled in MO2

In case anyone ever runs into this issue again in the future with other mods, here is the PowerShell script I used to find the files

Get-ChildItem -Path "C:\PATH_TO_SKYRIM_MO2_INSTANCE\mods\ZaZ Animation Pack" -Recurse | Where-Object { $_.Name -cmatch "[^\u0000-\u007F]" }

Basically this is what it would look like (for reference)

image.png.6b7ab47b466066ff22641d164b509ef8.png

Edited by Mozny
small fix

So my game has been broken... I Uninstalled the wrong patch and everything broke including the ride into Helgen.  Then while using Loot (which needs to be online in order to use it) I accidentally launched Skyrim with WiFi on, which means Steam "upgraded" me from 640 to 1130.  Now everything is really fucked, and the downgrade patch didn't work for me.... Thanks Todd... I think my current problems are in the early part of my mod list engine bug fixes and maby something else.

However one of the reasons I was messing around Uninstalling patches in the first place is my defeat and slavery mods were not working properly. 

and in the process of rebuilding my Mod list I want to double check all my ZAZ and ZAP stuff is current and up to date and I don'thave stuff I shouldn't and have all I need?

This is what I have

ZaZ Animation Pack + CBBE HDTV.8.0+SE2023.7z

Zap 8.0 Cosio body slide support.7z

ZAP_8.0_Helper_Addon%201.0.2.7z

ZAP_Helper_Addon_Extensions_2.02b_FEMALE.rar

ZAP_Helper_Addon_Extensions_2.02b_MALE.rar

ZAP_No%Collison%Furnitures%201-1%20%28SE29.rar

I also have a faster in and out furniture animation

ZAP 208 2B 20Faster in and out of furniture 20 28SE 29.7z (all spaced in file name are %)

Am I missing anything? Or is one of these bad. Or do I need a different version of something?

I also have in my "do not use folder"

ZAZ 8.0 CBBE SE Rev2.7z

Not 100% sure why I put this file in "do not use, it looks like it's just a duplicate of ZaZ Animation Pack + CBBE HDTV.8.0+SE2023.7z except it doesn't have HDTV, but their ESM files have the same name so I assume I don't need the last one.

-------

Also what is the difference between ZAZ and ZAP?

Edited by Burensc
On 12/27/2023 at 9:25 AM, Mozny said:

Hey everyone, I have finally decided to dig in and find WHY exactly is nemesis reporting problems with unicode in ZaZ8+ and I have found the files that use non-standard ASCII in the name.

ZaZ Animation Pack\Meshes\actors\character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack\ZazWallShacklesImmersiveschön.hkx

(Notice the " ö ", just change it to " o ". Not sure if having the German locale would help, so just rename the file)

and

ZaZ Animation Pack\Meshes\ZaZ-UltimateDataPack\ZaZ - Furniture\BondageBed\Slave´s Bed .nif

(This is the " ´ " forward tick that it uses, replace it with a normal tick " ' " [or a back tick? not sure if it does anything " ` " <-- back tick for reference])

Doing these two changes allowed me to successfully compile animations with ZaZ8+ enabled in MO2

In case anyone ever runs into this issue again in the future with other mods, here is the PowerShell script I used to find the files

Get-ChildItem -Path "C:\PATH_TO_SKYRIM_MO2_INSTANCE\mods\ZaZ Animation Pack" -Recurse | Where-Object { $_.Name -cmatch "[^\u0000-\u007F]" }

This worked perfectly, thank you. This needs to reach more people somehow.

On 12/27/2023 at 3:25 PM, Mozny said:

and

nice  

works perfectly thank you
On 12/27/2023 at 3:25 PM, Mozny said:

and

Could you be so kind to upload here the changed files fixed ??

I am a complete ignorant understanding this stuff and I am afraid if I try it it would  end up my character and NPC wandering around screaming and calling me all kind of bad things !

Thank you

On 1/9/2024 at 3:32 PM, Bullfye said:

Could you be so kind to upload here the changed files fixed ??

I am a complete ignorant understanding this stuff and I am afraid if I try it it would  end up my character and NPC wandering around screaming and calling me all kind of bad things !

Thank you

Sure thing man, here are the two files renamed, just make sure to place them in the correct folder and to remove / disable the old files. Sorry for late reply

btw I haven't done anything else to the files but rename them, so there is a 0% chance of you breaking your game :D

ZazWallShacklesImmersiveschon.hkx Slave's Bed.nif

Edited by Mozny

hello, i have a little problem wuith SLAL and ZaZ. I'm using ZaZ 8.0, I ran fnis and it created the animations, I see the ZaZ menu on the MCM but I can't register the animations in the SLAL, I click Enable All and then Register animations but it shows "Register 0 animations" what am I doing wrong?

I confused as to what I should be downloading?  The main files from 2018 and its patch from 2020?  Or the ZAP 8 downloads for CBBE (the body I use)?  And what do I do with the Main file patch?

Edited by rodrigo2
2 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

I am confused as to what I should be downloading?  The main files from 2018 and its patch from 2020?  Or the ZAP 8 downloads for CBBE (the body I use)?  Or all of them?  And what do I do with the Main file patch?

Hi folks, I'm currently working on a new build that uses OBody for randomizing both female (BHUNP) and male (HIMBO) bodies. I have BHUNP bodyslides for ZAZ but so far I've struck out on HIMBO. I've been looking around but Google has let me down so far. 

Can anyone point me towards a HIMBO bodyslide set for ZAZ 8+?

On 12/14/2023 at 4:51 PM, smogoooo1217 said:

image.png.9057cd7aa50a4e7ee89ae96f4739e79c.png

this is all i see when ever trying to run fnis.

I also get the "Animation file missing" errors. Does the 8+ pack require older versions too?

Edited by NNS10
  • 2 weeks later...

When using zaz 8+ and furniture some of the furniture parts remain attached to the body of player/npc when they get released.

For example if somebody is tied to a bed and then gest unlocked the ropes remains on the wrists and ankle.

Same for the chain, and also the long  parts of the chain remain visible flying around the npc.

Is like they don't unequip the furniture when unlocked. What could be the cause?

hey guys, i've been using SexLab, SexLab Match Maker etc for a while (you case spell to npc and yourself to play animation).

I also downloaded Zaz 8+ pack but I'm having trouble getting it to load. I've also got SLAL (when registering, it says registered 0 animations).

How do I get Zaz animations to even play??

For example, say I wish to do the following:

- Have a vampire npc like Serana or someone start a sex animation, specifically, the one that involves feeding on you/taking advantage of you at the same time).

Can anyone assist? I cannot get a Zaz animation to play for the life of me.

I have also FNIS, etc, like I said the normal SexLab animations run fine, I am just having trouble getting Zaz animations to play in the first place.

16 hours ago, poptdp said:

hey guys, i've been using SexLab, SexLab Match Maker etc for a while (you case spell to npc and yourself to play animation).

I also downloaded Zaz 8+ pack but I'm having trouble getting it to load. I've also got SLAL (when registering, it says registered 0 animations).

How do I get Zaz animations to even play??

For example, say I wish to do the following:

- Have a vampire npc like Serana or someone start a sex animation, specifically, the one that involves feeding on you/taking advantage of you at the same time).

Can anyone assist? I cannot get a Zaz animation to play for the life of me.

I have also FNIS, etc, like I said the normal SexLab animations run fine, I am just having trouble getting Zaz animations to play in the first place.

Have you done the steps mentioned in this post?

5 hours ago, ni1by2 said:

Have you done the steps mentioned in this post?

Yes, I have.

In game, Zaz animation pack is showing in the MCM, but I just don't know how to integrate it with Sexlab and to actually see the animations.

Like my above example, how do I see one of the Zaz vampire sex animations or activate it??

Also, when I click into the Sexlab tab of the Zaz MCM, it just freezes and I have to back out of MCM to get it working again..

Probs I will have an odd question but is there any possibility/setting to make character drool with the equipped gag?
I do remember someone did that in their custom modlist but i'm not certain if it requires some work in Creation Kit or additional mod

7 hours ago, Partel said:

Probs I will have an odd question but is there any possibility/setting to make character drool with the equipped gag?
I do remember someone did that in their custom modlist but i'm not certain if it requires some work in Creation Kit or additional mod

Lol......sigh.

On 2/15/2024 at 2:59 PM, UsernameTaken666 said:

Lol......sigh.

Incredibly informative and very useful. Why thank you

By the way - figured that it's somehow relates to SlaveTats mod

Edited by Partel
  • 2 weeks later...

Adding to the list of people who seem to be having problems getting ZAZ to run. I'm runnign Pack 8+ and the current version of SLAL. The loader claims ZAZ is active and working, but none of the animations seem to be populating. Limbs don't go into the bindings, none of the animations are triggered by events, the whole song and dance. You can get around it by setting the appropriate binding animation in the menu to at least LOOK like you're bound, but it's annoying and only solves part of the problem. I've tried everything I can think of. Anyone else have any experience fixing this?

Can't get zaz zbf gags to work, PC NPC mouth stays unchanged.

Devious Devices SE 5.2 gags work with no problem. im on AE v1170, have mfg fix installed. Also have DCL, Hydra Slavegirls SSE tho idk if it matters.