[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 13APR2024

The trap trait isn't fun enough. Everyone knows I'm a trap and is repulsed, I can't have my troops gangbang me, when I lay with a male lover there's no graphic for the trap scene, and my successor gets no option to become a trap. And my character's way too masculine to pass as a trap, is there a way that his features can switch to the most feminine looking male features, or even just have his profile switch sexes?

Edit: I have also not been able to find any other traps that were not brought to me by the trader. Also, this is different from the trap thing, but can there be a bisexual trait that allows you to seduce both genders? It's like, if you lay with a man once, that's it, you can't lay with women who aren't your wife anymore.

I'm sorry, but I tried to understand the portrait workaround, I somehow can't get it to work.

I have the following DLC installed:

Way of Life

Ruler Designer

South Indian Portraits (via Steam)

I have the following Mods currently active:

Bigger Events

DW Custom Portraits

DW Reborn

DW Toska

All of that installed within the last few days, so should be current version. 

Now, the workaround refers to a "Dark World folder" - the only folder where I find the files at issue is the "Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits" folder. Is that the one? And given the DLC I have, which of the .gfx files should remain?

OH1972,

Go to the Interface folder in the Remedy Custom Portraits folder, and delete all of the .gfx files except portraits_southindian.gfx.

Then go into the portraits folder and delete the byzantine and norman .gfx files

Thanks. I assume I have to start a new game after that so that all characters are assigned available portraits? It seems the portraits are still screwed up otherwise.

It's typically safe to assume that whenever a mod undergoes an update, or you change what mods you use, that you'll require a new game, unless otherwise stated. 

Started a new game, lots of characters still have either no portrait or a child portrait that's shifted out of frame and are either sometimes or reproducibly unclickable.

Yes for mods it is safe to assume when the mod somehow changes it isn't save compatible.

But that is generally very seldom the case for purely visual mods like the portrait module.

Essentially spoken in this case portraits have a picture in front of them with the mod or not without the mod. The game does not care what the picture looks like as other games do not care whether the texture of a wall is grey, brown or neon green.

That you still do not have working portraits could be because you have another mod which is trying a similar thing. At first Anime Portraits comes to mind. And by the way that mod also requires pretty much all visual mods.

Two mods which do alter the same files are not compatible. Sometimes a patch can be assembled to make them work but it is not always possible.

Yes for mods it is safe to assume when the mod somehow changes it isn't save compatible.

But that is generally very seldom the case for purely visual mods like the portrait module.

Essentially spoken in this case portraits have a picture in front of them with the mod or not without the mod. The game does not care what the picture looks like as other games do not care whether the texture of a wall is grey, brown or neon green.

That you still do not have working portraits could be because you have another mod which is trying a similar thing. At first Anime Portraits comes to mind. And by the way that mod also requires pretty much all visual mods.

Two mods which do alter the same files are not compatible. Sometimes a patch can be assembled to make them work but it is not always possible.

I listed all mods and DLCs I am using above. Only other mod I have is DW:Mercenary Commander, but that's not currently activated. Since I just bought the game and freshly downloaded all mods, remnants of something else is not an issue. What I listed above is all that's there.

I listed all mods and DLCs I am using above. Only other mod I have is DW:Mercenary Commander, but that's not currently activated. Since I just bought the game and freshly downloaded all mods, remnants of something else is not an issue. What I listed above is all that's there.

You need to go into

Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits\interface

Then delete all the .gfx files that are for DLC you DON'T have.  Then you should have portraits.

anyone else having problems with trying to change the amount of concubines and consorts in the 00_religion file? always put the amount a little higher than the base game but for some reason it's not working for me now.

Make sure to change the religion that your character is/ going to be. In the file from the mod not the vanilla file.  And you probably need to start a new game in order to see the effect.

anyone else having problems with trying to change the amount of concubines and consorts in the 00_religion file? always put the amount a little higher than the base game but for some reason it's not working for me now.

Are you saving it? also what are you using to edit the file?

always save it after i edit it. and i just use Notepad, worked just fine all the times i did it in the past.

Make sure to change the religion that your character is/ going to be. In the file from the mod not the vanilla file.  And you probably need to start a new game in order to see the effect.

tried a couple of new games a few times but the changes don't seem to register with the game at all. weirdest thing is that Catholicism now has teh ability to take up to 12 concubines despite that option not being in its section in the file

wrong pic for the first reply but it kinda shows what's wrong

post-534887-0-43281000-1492917302_thumb.jpg

post-534887-0-74863200-1492917344_thumb.jpg

Are you saving it? also what are you using to edit the file?

always save it after i edit it. and i just use Notepad, worked just fine all the times i did it in the past.

tried a couple of new games a few times but the changes don't seem to register with the game at all. weirdest thing is that Catholicism now has teh ability to take up to 12 concubines despite that option not being in its section in the file

wrong pic for the first reply but it kinda shows what's wrong

Do you have Christianity mod? In that mod I believe its set up to have 12 concubines for Catholics. Seems like you have religion file conflict from that and this mod.

Sorry to ask, but could I get an alternate link such as mega?

I doubt you'll find one. Generally the only reason someone would require a different link is if they are running a pirated version of the game and unable to register it on the paradox forums.

I doubt you'll find one. Generally the only reason someone would require a different link is if they are running a pirated version of the game and unable to register it on the paradox forums.

I need an alternative download because my internet is so slow that the file becomes corrupt mid download, and why would I need to go to paradox forums for a mod that is hosted here?

Does this mod require a dependancy to work with CK2+? Apologies if this has been answered before, but going through almost 120 pages would be a hassle.

Around 3-5 pages back I had read...

"This mod is fully compatible with CK2+".

I had also use CK2+ and no problem so far (only lower performance from all those extra script).

guys i have question, how u play the dark world campaign ?, i play as werewolf and yeah in intrigue i do the thing that rise of wolf pack or something now what i do ?  ow and in my notif in important decision "request_to_rank_up_within_nox_breeder) 

this what mods  currently active:

Bigger Events

DW expanded slavery

DW darkest perperversions

DW beyond heresy

DW bigger events

DW Custom Portraits

DW Reborn

I need an alternative download because my internet is so slow that the file becomes corrupt mid download, and why would I need to go to paradox forums for a mod that is hosted here?

Do you live in Thailand in the provinces and is your Internet made of bamboo?

The bigger download is 6.39 MB and it gets corrupted in the roundabout 2 1/2 minutes of download with the slowest DSL?

It is something wrong with your internet then and having other download locations wouldn't help you. From Mega and the like the download wouldn't be any faster.

And by the way do not ignore the harddrive you save the downloads on. Corruptions by CRC failures are way more often the doing of hardware errors than download errors.

Nah, I just have Dish Network internet, and I've ran out of data this month. I have no desire to wait till next month to download the mod.

So instead of downloading the mod from one site you want to download it from somewhere else?

You do know that "solution" is ridiculous, right?

And just btw. taking the mod and uploading it to somewhere else is technically stealing. Unless the mod author does it himself you are out of luck.

And that on top of the fact that it won't help you.

So instead of downloading the mod from one site you want to download it from somewhere else?

You do know that "solution" is ridiculous, right?

And just btw. taking the mod and uploading it to somewhere else is technically stealing. Unless the mod author does it himself you are out of luck.

And that on top of the fact that it won't help you.

I just want a mega link, and you have absolutely no clue if it will help me or not. I know my computer way better than you, it is not an issue with my computer rather it is because of my internet not my computer.

ps. if I wanted to steal the mod I would not come to the mods forum page and ask for an alternate link, just so you know.

hey there all im looking for a way to make female only have a set number of kids or they become infertile after a certain age. In my curent game i have a wife of 40 that is 70 fert and has like 10 kids with her thats not counting lovers and other female my lord as had any way to make it lower.

hey there all im looking for a way to make female only have a set number of kids or they become infertile after a certain age. In my curent game i have a wife of 40 that is 70 fert and has like 10 kids with her thats not counting lovers and other female my lord as had any way to make it lower.

The only way I know to do this is to use the console commands.  If you don't know the process, it goes as follows.

charinfo

then mouse over the character you want to do things to portrait to get their ID

add_trait infertile CharID

charinfo

You could also make a mod to ad an option to turn a character infertile, but I'm not a modder and have no idea how to go about that.