[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Option "Spend time with Hermione" (Female ruler), are the same as the "Spend time with" option.

Yes, and it's been like that since it was released originally months ago when it was created as a placeholder of sorts.

Two things that are near the top of my To Do list are reorganizing the 'Spend Time With...' events and bringing back the Brothel Improvement event chain.

So at some point in the future it should get some unique variety to it. Not every event would be though, as I'm planning on having sort of a default set of Spend Time With... options, and then if you've a special NPC that has their own, it would include the default and some specific one's for them. To help mix things up variety wise.

I'll also probably consolidate them in one event file as well, for they're all split up in different spots from when I had the mods divided out.

So I was trying to change the inheritance chance of nekos and kitsune, but it doesn't seem to be working. I put "Inheritence_chance = 75" in the neko trait file, but 4/4 kids are born normally.

Try to make it 100 first and try again, maybe you are just unlucky. That effect should be hardcode in the vanilla.

Edit: Or as JesusKreist said, are your children all male?  

That is not what I said.

If the father is neko or kitsune per standard the children will never be neko or kitsune. The trait only ever gets inherited from the mother to the child.

Unless the player removes "enatic = yes" from the traits list that is.

It is similar as the "Sayyid" trait in vanilla CK2 which is "agnatic" and will be inherited from the father but not from the mother.

First off the line in the traits is "inherit_chance = 75" and not "inheritence_chance = 75" and secondly neko and kitsune have "enatic = yes" which means males won't pass the trait on. Ever.

Actually, inherit_chance = 75 and enatic/agnatic are independent. Meaning, if a trait has both enatic and a inherit_chance value, and a father has the trait, the child will still have a chance to inherit. Enatic means that mothers always pass down the trait, not that fathers never do.

Just thought I'd clarify that point, since the quote seemed to imply otherwise.

"and secondly neko and kitsune have "enatic = yes" which means males won't pass the trait on. Ever."

This can be read off as "males won't ever pass neko or kitsune traits because said traits have enatic = yes". I was just pointing that, read that way, it is not the case (enatic = yes means that mothers will always pass the trait, not that fathers never will).

And I don't know if you were trying to be sarcastic in your answer, but I'd like to point out that if so, you may appear to others as a bit prepotent.

So, I have a question: the pictures used in the events, can they be replaced (using .dds & correct dimensions) and not break anything? Also, can the pictures be "shuffled" randomly instead of using the same pic every time?

Yes and yes. Although I found that some dds compression doesn't render in the game, so depending on the software you use, you may need to experiment with it.

One way that pictures can be shuffled is via multiple valid desc declarations. If there are multiple valid ones for an event, one is supposed to be chosen at random, and you can include a picture with each desc block.

I was checking out and comparing the content (as in events and scrips that have been edited into it) of both this mod and the dark world V1.25, and to my surprise, that mod has a lot of features that the other does not have. 

This includes various stores/buildings where you for example can go to the DW-armorer, or get the DW-Fairy.

Any idea if these will actually be taken over to the reborn version?

*note posting in both mod posts*

Two mods from the same author where one mod is very much out of date and the other one is active, adapted and in development. To top it off the newer mod has "reborn" in it's name hinting at it being a new iteration of the same mod idea.

Is your question meant seriously?

Two mods from the same author where one mod is very much out of date and the other one is active, adapted and in development. To top it off the newer mod has "reborn" in it's name hinting at it being a new iteration of the same mod idea.

Is your question meant seriously?

I've copied some files (the onces that were "missing" in reborn, as well as several texts from several notepads) from the old version to the new one, tried it out for like an hour or so now, outside the (anime) portraits of werewolves and vampires (as far as I have noticed), every event, building and trigger works pretty fine, did not come across any major problem. on top of that, it has expanded the mod actually.

The corrupted Hermoine potion use seems to be broken.  After 8 or so tries with cheated 100+ intrigue there were no love events.  Though, this assumes that the event line is finished.

Alright - all that the Love Potion is supposed to do is add someone as a lover.

If there was an issue, it's probably because I tried setting the target in the decision effect block. I've moved that to an immediate block on the event and it tests out fine that way (I should have tested it prior to moving it I suppose).

But the way I just tweaked it works, so I'll just leave it and post it with the next update.

The corrupted Hermoine potion use seems to be broken.  After 8 or so tries with cheated 100+ intrigue there were no love events.  Though, this assumes that the event line is finished.

If there was an issue, it's probably because I tried setting the target in the decision effect block. I've moved that to an immediate block on the event and it tests out fine that way (I should have tested it prior to moving it I suppose).

But the way I just tweaked it works, so I'll just leave it and post it with the next update.

Just in case you're still looking at those events. An event that suggests Hermoine is supposed to be my lover starts up with no context. I also tested what I assumed was a related event that was supposed to make her my lover and it didn't work. A third event pops up, after I seduced her the old fashioned way, where she ask me to scratch an itch and something along the lines of "It seems like I've lost my love/mage to lust". When I trigger the 3 events manually everything looks normal; no typos or localization issues. Another thing is that sometimes Hermoine doesn't take Ginny on as a lover, but sometimes she does. As a final report, when I save her from the circle she thanks me and straight up ask to be my lover, but doesn't become my lover.

Now on a non-bug related point. Will there be more updates to the storyline? The nice ending just kind of ends and even in a Dark World context the offer of being a lover after saving her doesn't seem to fit when considering the complexity(Like 6 routes) of the Belle/Gaston storyline and her general attitude she's expressed when you spend time with her as a futa. Which I think itself would need changing since the corrupted route makes her only care about sex magic so her passive acceptance seems weird.

On a final note related to Hermoine, that I'm not sure is a bug or a writing thing, I get the ability to purify people and also get love potions no matter which of the two options.

Now a just a personal curiosity of mine, will you be expanding Ginny and Luna?

Hi everyone

First thanks for this great mod actually it was the reason i bought this game.

But there are some questions that really bug me and it would be very nice of you if you could help me out.

Are there any advantages in being a vampire?

I get a buff and my children die often ok and thats all i found so far.

No biting, no events, no abilities?

Is there anything i should do?

Thats a bit frustrating for a huge vampire fan like me.

I would so love to play as a evil vampire Countess (Queen etc.) that seduce und bite everyone around

I use the dark world campaign version because i found no other way to become a vampire (in 70 hours game time)

Thanks and have a nice weekend

Hi everyone

But there are some questions that really bug me and it would be very nice of you if you could help me out.

I would so love to play as a evil vampire Countess (Queen etc.) that seduce und bite everyone around

I use the dark world campaign version because i found no other way to become a vampire (in 70 hours game time)

As of this time the vampire events are somewhat limited.  The primary trait line that is fleshed out would be the Succubus/Incubus event lines.  A few people have done some pretty nifty supporting mods for those as well.

Just dropping a quick note, since people are having problems with Hermione stuff (haven't yet tried myself):

NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions overrides a few DW-Core files, including dw_cc_decisions, which includes some of the Hermione content. And unless you fixed up the .mod file of it yourself, it's not a clean overwrite either.

So if you're having trouble with it and have Darkest Perversions installed, try without it or copy the new content over manually and fix the .mod until it gets updated (might need a fresh game for this, dunno).

Just in case you're still looking at those events. An event that suggests Hermoine is supposed to be my lover starts up with no context. I also tested what I assumed was a related event that was supposed to make her my lover and it didn't work. A third event pops up, after I seduced her the old fashioned way, where she ask me to scratch an itch and something along the lines of "It seems like I've lost my love/mage to lust". When I trigger the 3 events manually everything looks normal; no typos or localization issues. Another thing is that sometimes Hermoine doesn't take Ginny on as a lover, but sometimes she does. As a final report, when I save her from the circle she thanks me and straight up ask to be my lover, but doesn't become my lover.

Now on a non-bug related point. Will there be more updates to the storyline? The nice ending just kind of ends and even in a Dark World context the offer of being a lover after saving her doesn't seem to fit when considering the complexity(Like 6 routes) of the Belle/Gaston storyline and her general attitude she's expressed when you spend time with her as a futa. Which I think itself would need changing since the corrupted route makes her only care about sex magic so her passive acceptance seems weird.

On a final note related to Hermoine, that I'm not sure is a bug or a writing thing, I get the ability to purify people and also get love potions no matter which of the two options.

Now a just a personal curiosity of mine, will you be expanding Ginny and Luna?

I've not experienced anything like the above unless I tried to get around the system by manually obtaining her via console cheat. Doing that definitely breaks the quest line as it will ruin event targets and pretty much spawn chaos.

Hermoine's event line isn't done by far. Not certain what you're talking about regarding her attitude and your ruler being a futa. I don't think I've got anything specific regarding Hermione like that.

Ginny and Luna will be part of the expanded Hermione event chain, plus I'll likely add custom 'Spend Time With' options for them as well. Whether or not there will be an option to obtain them outside of the present path (which requires Hermione to fall to her failed spell), is something I've not decided yet.

Just dropping a quick note, since people are having problems with Hermione stuff (haven't yet tried myself):

NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions overrides a few DW-Core files, including dw_cc_decisions, which includes some of the Hermione content. And unless you fixed up the .mod file of it yourself, it's not a clean overwrite either.

So if you're having trouble with it and have Darkest Perversions installed, try without it or copy the new content over manually and fix the .mod until it gets updated (might need a fresh game for this, dunno).

Thanks for mentioning this. It explains a lot.

Hi everyone

Not yet, but it's getting closer to me addressing the lack of Vampire content. It's on the to do list, can't say much more beyond that.

Not certain what you're talking about regarding her attitude and your ruler being a futa. 

Currently, the futa ruler is the only one with a custom spend time with option and the "attitude" Hermoine has is simple disinterest, you even pull her from her chair and she still tries to read her book as she's being fucked. This scene doesn't make sense in either route because Hermoine's pure route says she'll willingly be your lover during the second event and her corrupted route makes her want nothing but sex.

Some change needs to be made for narrative sense. Like replacing the mentioned spend time with event or make the purity route less "pure". Like just have her act like movie Hermoine in that case(Which the current spend time with event portrays well).

Though that's my two cents. Your mod your decisions.

I do have a question though. Will there be content to add Harry, Ron, or Draco? Just something for non-straight dudes and straight women to enjoy.

While on topic. Like with Gaston, will there be any other male Disney characters in fairytales?

Not certain what you're talking about regarding her attitude and your ruler being a futa. 

Currently, the futa ruler is the only one with a custom spend time with option and the "attitude" Hermoine has is simple disinterest, you even pull her from her chair and she still tries to read her book as she's being fucked. This scene doesn't make sense in either route because Hermoine's pure route says she'll willingly be your lover during the second event and her corrupted route makes her want nothing but sex.

Some change needs to be made for narrative sense. Like replacing the mentioned spend time with event or make the purity route less "pure". Like just have her act like movie Hermoine in that case(Which the current spend time with event portrays well).

Though that's my two cents. Your mod your decisions.

I do have a question though. Will there be content to add Harry, Ron, or Draco? Just something for non-straight dudes and straight women to enjoy.

While on topic. Like with Gaston, will there be any other male Disney characters in fairytales?

Just because someone is willing to be your lover, doesn't mean they're always chomping at the bit to be shagged, so I think the disinterest works well. She's basically acknowledging she's willing to be your girlfriend, not that she's interested in being a fuck toy.

I do see what you're meaning about how it doesn't fit though in regards to the corrupt path, but I'm not sweating it right now, as I'll be tweaking the 'Spend Time With' system overall in the future.

Regarding more dudes, I've no idea. That kind of content doesn't interest me at all, and I don't enjoy creating it. The only reason any is in the mod at all is because some folks do like it. If things go well, then more will make its way in, but right now it's not on my radar (although when I expand on the 'Spend Time With' options, there would likely be something more added).

So, I have a question: the pictures used in the events, can they be replaced (using .dds & correct dimensions) and not break anything? Also, can the pictures be "shuffled" randomly instead of using the same pic every time?

Yes and yes. Although I found that some dds compression doesn't render in the game, so depending on the software you use, you may need to experiment with it.

One way that pictures can be shuffled is via multiple valid desc declarations. If there are multiple valid ones for an event, one is supposed to be chosen at random, and you can include a picture with each desc block.

Cool thanks, seems to have no issue with ARGB8, and the pics don't look garbled. I am having a problem with offspring succubi becoming immortal though, and seducing everyone in sight, including direct family members which is the funniest thing I've come across in the mod besides "ass ale". The latter is a problem though, and I was if i could just add an ai = no flag to the event that lets you progress to stage 5? I thought it was the "# .10 The dream (hidden routing event)" event in the Lilith file but reading the text makes me think otherwise.