[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

I have a possible bug with the inheritance of the werewolf trait. When a werewolf courtier gets cuckold by a human courtier with no werewolf blood in their line, and doesn't find out about it, then the kid(male in all the cases i observed) is born with the werewolf trait. The mother aka werewolf's wife also doesn't have any wolf blood in her line. 

Keep in mind too that some of the DW submods may contain stuff that alters religion, such as Toska's (though that part is easy enough to remove).

Toskas Catholic is a minor change.

I never saw those changes as in CK2+ the first three bookmarks start with cat .. col ... chalcedonian *puts away cheat sheet* religion so the changes to religion would not be visible regardless. And by normal behaviour for mods CK2 goes by "First come first serve" so only the religion of CK2+ should™ be loaded and Toskas change is not. But to avoid any fuckups it is best to avoid two mods which alter the same things to begin with.

So essentially AI is not allowed to have and use a guard dog.

Are you 100% completely uterly sure of that?

attachicon.gifck2_1.png

The aforementioned difference between "Will not" and "Should not" at work ...

settings.txt

last_mods=
{
"mod/Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portraits CK2Plus.mod" "mod/Dark World Reborn.mod" "mod/DWToska.mod" "mod/CK2Plus.mod" "mod/Dark World Expanded Slavery.mod" "mod/Fairy Tale Loading Screens.mod" "mod/no_satan_masks.mod.mod" "mod/personal_castle.mod" "mod/asensiblenewfamily.mod.mod" "mod/thickandthinborder.mod.mod" "mod/pMod_GIS.mod" "mod/pMod_GIS_marriage.mod" "mod/sketchycheatmenu.mod" "mod/ghostchant.mod.mod" "mod/Dark World NoxBestia Darkest Perversions.mod" "mod/animeportraits.mod" "mod/CK2Plus_India.mod" "mod/legalized gay marriage.mod" }

I see you are running Darkest Peversions. That mod allows AI to buy a guard dog.

When you have the time please state where the access to buying a guard dog is specified.

I searched all decisions and events from Darkest Perversions and have only found events for the dog, not how to get one.

Only once 

add_character_modifier = { name = dw_pet_guard_dog duration = 3650 } #10 years

occured and that was in the DWTBuildingRelated.txt from Toska. The search results in the files from Darkest Perversions either netted 

has_character_modifier = dw_pet_guard_dog

or

remove_character_modifier = dw_pet_guard_dog

When you have the time please state where the access to buying a guard dog is specified.

I searched all decisions and events from Darkest Perversions and have only found events for the dog, not how to get one.

Only once 

occured and that was in the DWTBuildingRelated.txt from Toska. The search results in the files from Darkest Perversions either netted 

or

In Dark World NoxBestia Darkest Perversions\decisions\NoxDecisions.txt you can find the decision nox_buy_guard_dog. It is set to be ai only and calls on the Toska event DWTBuildings.40 to actually add the modifier.

The dog is the guard dog which can be bought in the Exotic Emporium. You have a rival in the vicinity who bought a guard dog and is using the Procero! command which makes the dog rape the target.

The dog from my DWToska mod can only be purchased in the exotic emporium. Which is inaccessible for the AI. So it either is his own dog (then the fix is simple: Don't buy one) or it's a bug that has escaped me.

The dog issue was from my mod it gives the AI the ability to purchase and use the dogs.  The procreo event in will now respect the bestiality rules in my mod.

Only once 

or

To get your own dog, from Toska's mod, right lick on yourself and select visit exotic emporium.

The dog issue was from my mod it gives the AI the ability to purchase and use the dogs.  The procreo event in will now respect the bestiality rules in my mod.

Ah, I see. Thank you for mentioning that and for correcting it. Much appreciated.

Someone asked about the Primae Noctis stuff and if it's actually working. That is a good question that I wondered about myself. Doesn't seem to work for me, but maybe I'm not doing it right?

Ah, I see. Thank you for mentioning that and for correcting it. Much appreciated.

Someone asked about the Primae Noctis stuff and if it's actually working. That is a good question that I wondered about myself. Doesn't seem to work for me, but maybe I'm not doing it right?

I have had the Primae Noctis events pop up.  There is a fairly hefty opinion penalty for the spouse after you have your first night.  I haven't played with them recently, however.

DW - The way that event DWCore.8010 handles adult special portraits, elves sometimes gain a Neko portrait, without having the Neko trait. Was that intended?

Also, I don't know if anyone else is finding this, but a 20% chance of incubus birth from a succubus, and 20% chance of a succubus birth from an incubus father, seems way way low, especially when the incubus chance to father an incubus is only 50%. I would suggest increasing it to 40%/40% and maybe 60 or 75 base, even.

140 years into my game with an incubus start there are roughly equal numbers of incubi and succubi in the world, though that might just be because  I stopped bothering to marry any of many descendants off and just seduce all the girls when they turn 16.

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for Dark World Reborn, its a very adaptable mod to a great game whether your playing vanilla or a total conversion. Crusader Kings 2 has huge potential for adult oriented content seeing as how the whole game revolves around the player. Very immersive and extremely well done with constant expansions (albeit some are rather small impact). The more dangerous and immersive the game gets the better each play through become, each one unique to the other. Its still far from perfect but excellent ground to build on, hope you keep it up, cheers!

Not really, things like the mages, beauty's village, alice in wonderland, harley, can't be disabled right, and are from the main mod right?

Plus I don't really need the vagina/anus sizes for example, or the arena, and the list goes on and on.

I'll probably just try to mod something very simple for myself, really enjoyed your mod. Thanks for all your work!

Keep in mind that you don't have to throw in every single Dark World submod designed by someone on these boards. There's a wide variety of interests at work. All you -really- need is just the base Dark World (and its portrait pack mod). Everything else is 100% optional, and created/maintained by someone other than Dewguru. 

In fact I'm not even sure where some of the traits you reference are from, probably because I don't use that submod in my personal games. :)

So you can get all of that, except the age rules, by using Dark World Reborn and adjusting the in-game rules before you hop in game.  There are a plethora of options to turn on and off and you can customize things to your hearts content.

I will say, there is still one area where it would be nice if Dewguru added a game rule, and that is in regards to whoring.  I would really like there to be options, such as No Autonomous (only player and slaves assigned to whore role), No Great House (player, slaves, lowborns and houses not considered great), Single (which is what I believe is the current setting), and Full (so even married AI characters could decide to start whoring).  This would allow people with slower machines to reduce bastard production, or people who like pure bloodlines to keep landed dynasties from polluting them, etc.

Keep in mind that you don't have to throw in every single Dark World submod designed by someone on these boards. There's a wide variety of interests at work. All you -really- need is just the base Dark World (and its portrait pack mod). Everything else is 100% optional, and created/maintained by someone other than Dewguru. 

In fact I'm not even sure where some of the traits you reference are from, probably because I don't use that submod in my personal games. :)

Yeah true, but I've wanted to mod something for CK2 for a while now, and this is a good excuse to get started. I've 'made'/copied the 'Spend time with...' event basically right now, going to add onto that to make an experience tailored to what I like for myself.

And of course I mean no disrespect for any of the modders that worked on these mods, they're awesome, just a little bit too heavy for me to play real games (769 - end of game) with.

Hello! If  this has been asked before, I'm sorry. I've been lurking (and using!) these forums for awhile now - is there a way to make the hentai mod that added extra traits and events compatible with the current patch of Reborn?

Many thanks! Good work!

You'd want to address that with the author of that submod. DW doesn't handle those, people just use his framework as something to build off of.

Hi just a quick question. I want to use this and the GoT mod, and from the instruction...

"The below is how a modified Dark World Core.mod file would look like after the dependency is added.

name = "Dark World Core v1.30"
path = "mod/Dark World Core"
user_dir = "Dark World Reborn Data"

dependencies = { "A Game of Thrones" }

"

Where is the Dark World Cord.mod? Is it the Dark World Reborn.mod file under the Dark World Reborn folder? If it is, how do I open it? Thanks ahead of time.