[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

I'm sure this has probably been addressed earlier, but how do I get the portraits to work? When I checked both the mod and the portrait options, it gave me my werewolf portrait, but everyone else had no face. It prevented me from clicking on them for marriages and other purposes

Yes you are correct.

This problem has been addressed many times.

"I'm sure this has been addressed earlier, but ..." is not an excuse to not use the search function. Not at all.

Why the hell does every "Newbie" expect to have their question answered when it has been done so many times and the answer is easy to find?

Is it pure lazyness or something more twisted?

Yes you are correct.

This problem has been addressed many times.

"I'm sure this has been addressed earlier, but ..." is not an excuse to not use the search function. Not at all.

Why the hell does every "Newbie" expect to have their question answered when it has been done so many times and the answer is easy to find?

Is it pure lazyness or something more twisted?

1. I'm new to this forum and haven't really become acquainted with the layout and not every forum has an effective search function.

2. This thread has hundreds of replies, many pertaining to portraits.

I'll do my due diligence in the future, but Jesus, dude

Sorry if this bothers you but you are felt the twentieth guy who asks stuff which has been asked and answered very many times. In this thread alone.

And by seeing the same or similar questions over and over again I can only assume the asker is of the "asking is faster than reading!!!!" faction which is a despicable attitude.

Q: I tried using the Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portrait mod and I'm not seeing the special images.

A: First - while that mod combined with Dark World Reborn does allow custom images, it doesn't actually assign any. You'll need to have Game Rules active that utilize the custom portraits - such as the Fae with their Elves and Orcs. If you have the Game Rules activated, and you still don't see the custom portraits on special NPC's - or if they've weird red facial blots, you may be missing a DLC. To make it work without a specific DLC, follow these steps:

Work around for if you're missing various DLC that is used in the custom portraits.

In the Dark World folder, go into the interface folder. Delete those files that match DLC that you DO NOT own. Leave the other files alone.

horses.gfx - Horse Lords DLC

portraits_african.gfx - African Portraits

portraits_byzantine.gfx - Mediterranean Portraits

portraits_celtic.gfx - Celtic Portraits

portraits_cuman.gfx - Horse Lords Content Pack

portraits_easternslavic.gfx - Russian Portraits

portraits_indian.gfx - Rajas of India

portraits_mesoamerican.gfx - Sunset Invasion

portraits_mongols.gfx - Mongol Faces

portraits_muslim_early.gfx - Early Eastern Clothing Pack

portraits_norse.gfx - Norse Portraits

portraits_persian.gfx - Persian Portraits

portraits_saxon.gfx - Early Western Clothing Pack

portraits_southern.gfx - Iberian Portraits

portraits_southindian.gfx - Paradox forum gift for registering

portraits_turkish.gfx - Turkish Portraits

portraits_ugric.gfx - Conclave Content Pack

portraits_westafrican.gfx - Reaper's Due Content Pack

portraits_western_early.gfx - Early Western Clothing Pack

Q: I've got all of the DLC and the Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portrait mod still seems to be messing everything up. What's wrong?

A: If you look in the Spoiler tag above that talks about the files needed, notice the line that says portraits_southindian.gfx - Paradox forum gift for registering. I'm not exactly certain when they released it, but Paradox have released a free portrait pack that is NOT DLC that you can purchase via Steam. You obtain it by creating a Paradox account in their forum, and registering your game. Once done, in your Account settings area is an area where the South Indian Portrait Pack can have a key generated that you can then use in Steam to unlock the special content. Or, if you don't want to go through those steps - delete the portraits_southindian.gfx file.

Here you go. I don't know, if this is your case of problem, but can help out, maybe?

Because you didn't write, which mods/submods are you using. And which DLCs you have.

If this doesn't help out, try search engine for answer, buddy.

And Jesus, dude, you don't need to answer to every question. Especially if someone willing to do it can write down an answer.

Plus guy's new at this forum. It isn't an excuse, but it feels bad, when you ask question and get bitten by comment.

You didn't provide an answer you copied over an answer that is in the FAQ in the second post.

A place where everyone with a problem should be looking first.

In other cases an answer is equally easy to find but it is more or less expected to search this answer for them, not help them find them.

And exactly that is the problem.

If it is a geniune question or has a hard to find answer it is okay to give an answer, it is great in fact. But laziness should neither be rewarded nor encouraged.

And "he is new" is not an excuse for persons legally allowed into this forum which is at age 18. Almost all forums work by that premise, even forums which can be entered by kids.

Yep, it's the FAQ, which probably can solve the problem, since no screenshots of information wasn't provided.

And since his question revolved around "messed up" portraits, this is the possible answer.

I personally don't find annoying to reply, if it's possible to help somehow.

Sure, people can also find it themselves, but asking can tell you also a lot about community, it's activity and generally people here, page support and more.

It doesn't matter, how old person is, since another factor is here - entering uncharted territory. You don't know, what to expect, who will answer and what will be the answer.

But yeah, I totally agree, that first should be reading FAQ section and then replying with proper list of submods/mods, missing DLCs and also screenshot, if its possible.

Just a small suggestion, the castrate prisoner option should remove the penis size trait. It's not game breaking but it is odd to see a eunuch still getting the penis opinion modifier. 

The simplest way to do that would be to set the sizes as 'opposite = { <traits> }' for the Eunuch trait. Then those would get automatically removed whenever someone gets the trait, regardless of the source.

So duing my general poking around, I found that the portraits are incompatible with the Male Harem mod. A mod that allows female rulers to have concubines.

The mod has been having a bumpy development cycle and hasn't been stable since Horse Lords, despite the author's attempt to fix things. The sad part is that such a mod seems crucial to having a Succubus playthrough. I mean a sex demon not having breeding stock available without every kid becoming a bastard?

If anyone wants to have a go at making a version for dark world(There is no explicit content in the original) then you'll get my support. I'd make it myself, but sadly I've always been a hardware person so all this programming business has never worked out for me 100%.

Yep, it's the FAQ, which probably can solve the problem, since no screenshots of information wasn't provided.

And since his question revolved around "messed up" portraits, this is the possible answer.

I personally don't find annoying to reply, if it's possible to help somehow.

Sure, people can also find it themselves, but asking can tell you also a lot about community, it's activity and generally people here, page support and more.

It doesn't matter, how old person is, since another factor is here - entering uncharted territory. You don't know, what to expect, who will answer and what will be the answer.

But yeah, I totally agree, that first should be reading FAQ section and then replying with proper list of submods/mods, missing DLCs and also screenshot, if its possible.

Hey man, thanks for the help! I just ended up getting the portrait packs, since I might as well. Appreciate it.

Why would every kid become a bastard?  Just marry some 0 intrigue, trusting fool and he will think every child is his.

That would work, but my point was more that a sex demon ruling a matriarchy would most likely have her own harem of men without the need of sneaking behind her landless husband's back.

Also if you choose not to marry, then all of your children will become bastards regardless. 

Why would every kid become a bastard?  Just marry some 0 intrigue, trusting fool and he will think every child is his.

That would work, but my point was more that a sex demon ruling a matriarchy would most likely have her own harem of men without the need of sneaking behind her landless husband's back.

Also if you choose not to marry, then all of your children will become bastards regardless. 

That's how I generally play my female succubus rulers. Never marry, seduce Kings and Emperors, have lots of bastards and legitimize one or two of them as needed. Alternatively, keep a few characters with excellent traits in your court and have bastards with them if you want some traits like genius, strong, etc. in your dynasty.

I am certain I missed this somewhere, despite searching, but is there a list with the names of the new traits, so we can use the console to edit stuff?

Go to your mod folder. Click on Dark World Reborn. Click on common. Click on traits. Click on the trait file.

Thank you!

Can someone help, i got previous versions of DW and some submods like, DW Heresy, DW Mecenary and stuff like that, but when i got the updated versions of the mods they dont work together. some vanilla characters dont have portraits, modded portraits dont appear and modded mechanics dont work. if anyone knows what versions of the mods work together can you please help?

Did you delete the old submods that are no longer a part of DW? Because darkwworld is now all one plug in. Darkworld as is still works with CK's current version (though there might be some weirdness). And Heresy, unless it's been updated, won't be compatible because it focuses primarily on religion which was completely overhauled. Plus, if I remember right, the portrait mod assumes you have all the appearance dlc so those with appearance dlcs you don't own will not show up. I haven't checked mercenary, so I can't tell you that one, but essentially until they're fully updated with new religion mechanics, pretty much any mod that touches religion is going to have issues.