[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

Speaking of portrait issues: bug report:

-The portrait module has several .dds named wrong. remedy_portrait_swapping2.dds should be remedy_portrait_swapping02.dds and the same holds for portraits 3 through 9.
Not fixing this makes so instead of applying the appropriate portrait, the character instead appears bald and without headgear (I introduced that for testing.) You can test it by starting as any male non-bald character with the Rise of the Pack campaign and using the relevant start decision.

Hope you can fix it before you have a swarm of post complaining about it!

Speaking of portrait issues: bug report:

-The portrait module has several .dds named wrong. remedy_portrait_swapping2.dds should be remedy_portrait_swapping02.dds and the same holds for portraits 3 through 9.
Not fixing this makes so instead of applying the appropriate portrait, the character instead appears bald and without headgear (I introduced that for testing.) You can test it by starting as any male non-bald character with the Rise of the Pack campaign and using the relevant start decision.

Hope you can fix it before you have a swarm of post complaining about it!

Figures that when I tested it, the image that was pulled was from 10+. Oh well, things aren't in a state where I can rush out a fix, so folks will need to be patient then.

Edit: Actually I can just put a placeholder on where I'm at right now I suppose to avoid errors and upload 1.51. I'll look at getting it posted in the next hour or so.

Change log for the just posted update:

v1.51 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Added the Minor Heal spell back for Children of Lilith
    - Added a new Moderate Heal spell for Children of Lilith
    - Updated a few images to use the larger event dimensions
    - Merged the Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portrait Mod into the main Reborn file now that it is no longer DLC dependant (thanks again to ReMeDy and ngppgn for the great work)
    - Updated the Major Heal spell for Children of Lilith
    - Corrected a naming convention issue that I missed with the updated static portraits.
    - Added the first event for a Hermione arc if you obtain her from the Wizards Tower - it's only the first event and really does nothing as I decided to stop so I can get the naming convention fix out.

Is it just me or does Fenrir just not want to work with the last version? He doesn't ever grab power despite filling the conditions. He kills off leaders but someone else succeeds instead of him. I thought it was some mod conflict first but I tried with only DWR active and the same thing still happens.

Is it just me or does Fenrir just not want to work with the last version? He doesn't ever grab power despite filling the conditions. He kills off leaders but someone else succeeds instead of him. I thought it was some mod conflict first but I tried with only DWR active and the same thing still happens.

I haven't grabbed 1.51 yet, but in 1.5 Fenris grabbed Africa with no issues in a game I started.  Remember though, that since they replace random leaders, they could end up grabbing a weak OPM, and since Fenris is generic pagan, he could quickly be holy warred out of his newly acquired realm.

I just played a game with only DW:R and he took control of his lands five years into the game.

How do you remove static portraits if you have installed them

all dlc

If you are using the current version of Dark World Reborn, there is no longer a need to use the Dark World ReMeDy Custom Portrait mod. There is also no longer any DLC dependencies for using the custom portraits.

If you simply don't want the custom portraits, then you would need to remove the trait that assigns it.

If you had the portrait module active as well the answer is No.

Savegames are incompatible if something visible in the mod is shifting i.e. when traits are added, removed or renamed. And it isn't something which ceases to load saves either. The traits of characters are juggled around, for instance you see way more branded slaves which before simply weren't.

Your problem is something with your game, not with the mods for the game.

Finally... a little tidbit on the CK2 2.8 update that will help modders.

Will be included in 2.8:
- Most effects and triggers that take a number can now take a variable name instead, and will grab the variable from the current scope. E.G., "wealth = test_variable"

I'll have an update out this weekend most likely.

Regarding Secret Society content - I'm leaning towards avoiding it for the moment as I don't know if I want to add a DLC as a requirement. I can't promise I'll always steer away from it, as I really like what it brings to the game.

Here's the present change log of things that have been added and tested so far:

Change Log:
v1.52 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Updated the Hermione event arc
    - Found I was missing an image if you kidnapped a female prisoner and fixed it
    - Updated the healing spells to handle some flags related to getting sick that could keep reapplying illnesses after you cleaned them.
    - Added a couple new modifiers
    - Updated the end of Blood Moon event where a Succubus would transition from stage 3 to 4
    - Updated the end of Blood Moon event where an Incubus would transition from stage 0 to 1
    - Added pregnancy related scripted_effect and scripted_triggers that overwrite vanilla ones - meant to incorporate fertility based traits from Dark World, and to try and allow for futa's to potentially impregnate females during vanilla sexual encounters
    - Replaced the Remove Virgin check event with a scripted_effect
    - Added the Succubus spell of Futa Morph, which is based on the Futa Self spell from my original Dark World mod
    - Updated the Shape Cock spell for Children of Lilith
    - Updated a couple more images to the larger display size
    - Moved the cock trait assignment code over into a scripted effect, adjusted the on_action - on_adulthood entry to pass anyone with a cock (has_cock in scripted_trigger) through and assign them, used to be separated out.
    - Made minor edits to a dozen or so other events that were impacted by changes above.

Dewguru,

I'm not sure what you were thinking of for Secret Societies, but it seems as though the DLC is not required to join societies that are modded into the game--if you were hoping to have the Devil Worshippers directly tied to your events then the DLC would be needed, as far as I can tell.

Yup, this is the quote from the dev diary #41

Of more immediate interest, we have essentially finished work on the upcoming expansion, Monks and Mystics, and it’s shaped up very well! You might already know, or suspect, that most of the new Societies will be part of the paid expansion, but there is one type of Society that actually comes with the free update; Secret Religious Cults (yes, this means that the Society framework itself is also free, so that modders can go nuts even without the expansion.) These Societies consist of followers who falsely profess faith in one religion while secretly belonging to another.

Were you thinking of putting CoL or other campaign in the society framework? Man, that'd be so awesome, just think about the possibility.

One thing that comes to my mind is the vampire vs werewolf campaign; you can choose to enforce "the masquerade" as the vamps that that will essentially work as secret religion, it gives you less malus for opinion bonus but limits the scope of power you can exercise. If you choose to reveal the existence of the vamps (openly proclaim religion), huge opinion malus from the non-vamps but it gives you greater scope of power, etc.

It will certainly open up more possibilities for intriguing RPG elements.

File posted. Change log for the update:

v1.52 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Updated the Hermione event arc
    - Found I was missing an image if you kidnapped a female prisoner and fixed it
    - Updated the healing spells to handle some flags related to getting sick that could keep reapplying illnesses after you cleaned them.
    - Added a couple new modifiers
    - Updated the end of Blood Moon event where a Succubus would transition from stage 3 to 4
    - Updated the end of Blood Moon event where an Incubus would transition from stage 0 to 1
    - Added pregnancy related scripted_effect and scripted_triggers that overwrite vanilla ones - meant to incorporate fertility based traits from Dark World, and to try and allow for futa's to potentially impregnate females during vanilla sexual encounters
    - Replaced the Remove Virgin check event with a scripted_effect
    - Added the Succubus spell of Futa Morph, which is based on the Futa Self spell from my original Dark World mod
    - Updated the Shape Cock spell for Children of Lilith
    - Updated a couple more images to the larger display size
    - Moved the cock trait assignment code over into a scripted effect, adjusted the on_action - on_adulthood entry to pass anyone with a cock (has_cock in scripted_trigger) through and assign them, used to be separated out.
    - Added a succubus specific image to the Leech ability (was previously only an incubus image) and I tweaked the Leech ability.
    - Changed a number of scripted_triggers related to Children of Lilith - so if anyone uses them in a sub-mod - you may need to do some tweaking (sorry)
    - Added new scripted_triggers and scripted_effects
    - Made minor edits to a couple dozen or so other events/decisions that were impacted by changes above.