Is it okay to share these mods here?

I was browsing through Chinese and Japanese forums and found these mods there. I know people don't have much patience or free time as much as I have going through all those pages so I wanted to share these awesome creations. Thing is though their authors might be in here and doesn't want to share these mods so I'm asking before hand if it's cool or not.

Here are some of the screenshots of the mods:

post-452783-0-94869400-1436039024_thumb.jpg

post-452783-0-99917000-1436039035_thumb.jpg

post-452783-0-38969800-1436039037_thumb.jpg

post-452783-0-51817300-1436039039_thumb.jpg

post-452783-0-97525100-1436039040_thumb.jpg

post-452783-0-37233400-1436039042_thumb.jpg

If you don't know who made them due to the anonymous nature of these boards, it's probably not a good idea?

There's already enough spammers and flamers there they seem to be trying to keep it under control and relatively hidden from the rest of the world.

I don't think they need anymore reason to stop sharing anything at all.

I was browsing through Chinese and Japanese forums and found these mods there. I know people don't have much patience or free time as much as I have going through all those pages so I wanted to share these awesome creations. Thing is though their authors might be in here and doesn't want to share these mods so I'm asking before hand if it's cool or not.

If you don't know who made them due to the anonymous nature of these boards, it's probably not a good idea?

There's already enough spammers and flamers there they seem to be trying to keep it under control and relatively hidden from the rest of the world.

I don't think they need anymore reason to stop sharing anything at all.

You either have permission to upload someone's mod or you don't.

@Weebit

I would try my hardest to contact the author(s) and get permission or find any documentation that gives insight into re-posting, if that fails provide a link to where we can download it direct from the creator(s) and if that for any reason does not work, then share them... it is better that mods do not get lost to the public domain than it is to worry about what a now-gone-from-community author would think of you.

@timmyc

I'd firmly disagree as if the authors wished to remain anonymous and they posted the mods, they had to know that makes said mods firmly pubic domain, not theirs to have any say over until they are willing to step out of the shadows.

@DoctaSax

If only it were that easy, Mod authors are -generally- fickle, selfish, prideful, arrogant, and indecisive, giving permission to one person but not another, not giving a clear yes or no answer or giving permission for over a year or more to then try and take it away, I have the skills to make basic mods for Elder Scrolls and Fallout but would need resources from other creators to help me get started and thus have never released anything due to not wanting to deal with the BS that comes with it... at least not yet, so this is most likely another no-mans-land where the OP is not sure.

In short I'd say post them, and note that if the creator(s) will come forward AND prove they are who they say they are, you will take the links down at that time.

(side note: I said GENERALLY about authors, I know there are awesome Mod creators who treat the community with respect- Vergil, Follardo, Galhound to name a few of the great ones)

Why I am taking all the blame when I didn't even make that thing. That mod is a very advanced mod and is quite a few notches above the ones currently in circulation, but I'd think a collector such as yourself would surly know.

edit: apparently the guy this was meant for deleted his post (Bismarck).  He really wanted the Kasumi mod he's been crazily searching for and this was in response to his post.

@DoctaSax

If only it were that easy, Mod authors are -generally- fickle, selfish, prideful, arrogant, and indecisive, giving permission to one person but not another, not giving a clear yes or no answer or giving permission for over a year or more to then try and take it away, I have the skills to make basic mods for Elder Scrolls and Fallout but would need resources from other creators to help me get started and thus have never released anything due to not wanting to deal with the BS that comes with it... at least not yet, so this is most likely another no-mans-land where the OP is not sure.

In short I'd say post them, and note that if the creator(s) will come forward AND prove they are who they say they are, you will take the links down at that time.

(side note: I said GENERALLY about authors, I know there are awesome Mod creators who treat the community with respect- Vergil, Follardo, Galhound to name a few of the great ones)

I could write a few pages about mod users being - generally - a lot of things ;)

As long as there's proof permission was once given, it stands.

Other than that, there is no no-man's-land. An author either gives an individual or everybody explicit permission to upload a mod somewhere, with or without conditions, or hasn't given anybody any permission whatsoever, which is the default. So it really is that simple. What complicates it is that many people don't like that this means there can be only one answer to the question "can I still upload someone's mod even though I don't have permission?"

Funny thing no one asks Tecmo for permission to mod their game but when it comes to giving out links or re-uploading some of the mods everyone's super careful not to "offend" the authors. So let's say those mods are on some Chinese/Japanese site and their authors don't want them to be shared here. Tecmo doesn't want their game to be modded. Which one of those wishes are you going to honor and why?

Funny thing no one asks Tecmo for permission to mod their game but when it comes to giving out links or re-uploading some of the mods everyone's super careful not to "offend" the authors. So let's say those mods are on some Chinese/Japanese site and their authors don't want them to be shared here. Tecmo doesn't want their game to be modded. Which one of those wishes are you going to honor and why?

This does have a point of logic here.

If someone pms you, then by all means share. And, do they work?

tecmo charges you, you bought it it's now yours. sure the digital legal protection stuff is still technically there, but you still bought it so you should be able to enjoy it how you like.

modders make stuff and send them out for free.

tecmo is known to sue modders, by releasing a mod, the modder is taking all the risk.

users take no risk, make no contribution, offers practically nothing in return.

from this perspective, a user of mods should be careful/respectful to authors wishes, it's just being polite.

next perspective

offend the authors, they won't make or release anything any more, you lose, everyone loses.

offend tecmo? they need to make money they still sell stuff, no consequences.

people are not entitled to other peoples work.

people are entitled to stuff they paid for, using money as a medium of exchange to transfer value.

there's a very basic and fundamental, not to mention plainly obvious difference.

Its like the girl that wears a skimpy outfit then gets mad that people pay her attention.

If your intention is to keep all your mods for yourself and get upset when people want your work, don't post pictures of them in a public forum for everyone to see. That should be pretty obvious too.

Its like, "Hey! Look at this awesome thing I've got! Congratulate me, but F you, no you can't have it!"

That attitude makes no sense to me.

I look at other modders screenshots all the time and enjoy looking at them, to get inspiration and also to keep track of what my fellows are doing.

there is a place and demand for the screens, nothing wrong with a modding community showing each other what's of common interest.

your perspective is from the point of view of a user (which is perfectly valid for your situation). but the simplest thing is if you're not part of the modding community and you don't find enjoyment in looking at them, then don't go to the thread where they're supposed to be posted.

I look at other modders screenshots all the time and enjoy looking at them, to get inspiration and also to keep track of what my fellows are doing.

there is a place and demand for the screens, nothing wrong with a modding community showing each other what's of common interest.

your perspective is from the point of view of a user. the simplest thing is if you're not part of the modding community and you don't find enjoyment in looking at them, then don't go to the thread where they're supposed to be posted.

+1

I don't think people's intention is to show off stuff that you can't get.  It's more about exchanging ideas and showing progress. 

For those that understand the process involved, one can tell a lot from the screenshots and really appreciate the mods, with or without the actual mods themselves to play with.  

your perspective is from the point of view of a user (which is perfectly valid for your situation). but the simplest thing is if you're not part of the modding community and you don't find enjoyment in looking at them, then don't go to the thread where they're supposed to be posted.

That's all well and good but you in particular have been really aggressive against end users. You almost come off as elitist at times.

Its like this forum is divided in halves and it shouldn't be that way. If you make good stuff its only natural for people to want it. And you seem to take offense to that.

I think a lot of modders don't take into consideration that some of the people that are "begging" may not be grown ups lol. There are a lot of kids on the internet and they aren't always the most tactful and considerate. This is something you learn when you're in the public eye. Its not something to take offense to. It just comes with the territory.

Unfortunately some people are never satisfied, but you have to realize that and just let it go. In the end, like I've said before, mods don't get released, the world keeps turning. At least for me. I just don't think that this forum should be as negative as it has been the last few days.

TLDR - Modders, if people want your stuff, its a good thing.

dm japanese page link if possible then o/ (dont mind being in that list), if he shared in some chinese/japanese page then it means he doesnt mind it being downloaded it from that page, so no problems if you dont mind doing that, nobody gets hurt   :cool:

dm japanese page link if possible then o/ (dont mind being in that list), if he shared in some chinese/japanese page then it means he doesnt mind it being downloaded it from that page, so no problems if you dont mind doing that, nobody gets hurt   :cool:

good point

That's all well and good but you in particular have been really aggressive against end users. You almost come off as elitist at times.

Its like this forum is divided in halves and it shouldn't be that way. If you make good stuff its only natural for people to want it. And you seem to take offense to that.

I think a lot of modders don't take into consideration that some of the people that are "begging" may not be grown ups lol. There are a lot of kids on the internet and they aren't always the most tactful and considerate. This is something you learn when you're in the public eye. Its not something to take offense to. It just comes with the territory.

Unfortunately some people are never satisfied, but you have to realize that and just let it go. In the end, like I've said before, mods don't get released, the world keeps turning. At least for me. I just don't think that this forum should be as negative as it has been the last few days.

TLDR - Modders, if people want your stuff, its a good thing.

how was your reply remotely linked to screenshots or any of what you were quoting?

I've nothing to respond to that since,

okay some people are kids,

okay some people want stuff,

please explain why people wanting my stuff is a good thing?

let go of what???? I just offered you an explanation for the screenshot thing you were talking about,

If you disagree with my explanation then that's fine, you're entitled to an opinion, but nothing in your reply has indicated you found it disagreeable, you seem to have gone off on a completely different tangent.

Nevermind man... You stress me out.

You either have permission to upload someone's mod or you don't.

at least, he can always post an link to the pages of these mods. no need permission for that (or its totally non-sens to ask permission for that too)

thats gonna help lots of peoples search for these mod in an totally no-understand chinese website and pass 3 month to search on these websites or simply try to understand where is the search function lol

because everybody know that modding is a free lobby, thats a concept that team ninja/tecmo cant understand; so they probably ask money for modding their game ( as they even officially didnt have autorised to do, but in same time they know a game without modding allowed is a prematured dead game )

in a sens, those modder take a risk for create mods.

so its logic that they are more respected than the devs themself for the work (in a sens)