Is it okay to share these mods here?

Yeah, maybe you don't have to share the mod but the link to the site source...

...would be the same as sharing the mod.

I don't think so, only if forum not allowed to put links to other pages. "What mod is this?" from Skyrim subforum, it's perhaps the most visited LL thread.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21287-what-mod-is-this-vi/

There you can find plenty of links to other web.

Almost every page I know has links from LL thread. I don't understand why LL DOA community have to be so scrupulous?

Yeah, maybe you don't have to share the mod but the link to the site source...

...would be the same as sharing the mod.

not at all, they are absolutly no violation to post a link to original site source.

even modder who say "dont post this in others websites" cant do anything to posting a link to his mod in another website.

as total opposite, this allow his mod to be more popular around the world.

they are no violation, no reupload, nothing else than same to use an ads for make your mods more popular.

seriously, modders who refuse even to post only a simple link to the original site mods place is a hardly dumbass, i mean wtf. all modders want to be popular, see their mods being downloaded alots from every country in world.

this is exactly same as posting an youtube video about the mod with an link in the description of the video to the original website ( the only difference is posted an link only is better than an youtube video in sens most of youtuber touch money on their videos)

I think a link is fine.

my opinion is that, if a mod is released then it becomes fair game, since the modder should be aware of the consequences.

there are reasons why sometimes they say don't post it on other places, e.g

• here are whiney people on other boards
  • there are people who report other peoples stuff and youtube accounts. (we all know who this is)

but then when they click the upload button they should know all of the consequences of who will get it and can decide for themselves if they want to up it or not.

Trying to stop the flow of data is like trying to stop the tide, sometimes the easiest way is to just not upload it at all, instead of sharing data you can share ideas, instead of putting a mod up people can be taught to make their own.

those who've put time into learning are now happily creating their own content, those who haven't are sitting in a forum complaining, (which means they have plenty of time)

why do I say this?

because I don't find entertainment in getting "fame" I don't want my mods to be popular.

I like modding because I like modding.

This is what i has trying to tell here,,,; but the peoples where share the new mod pictures with us are just trolling us with the mod pic's! And this makes my angry to know that we will never get thes mods! The only info do you can get is: " You was on the wrong webpage and if you get the link than are you too late! " That gets my goat.

Okay, enough with the griping about some people not releasing everything they make. What a modder will or won't release is their call, always will be. Live with it.

my opinion is that, if a mod is released then it becomes fair game, since the modder should be aware of the consequences.

Nobody gives up their copyright on their own work by releasing it. The idea that once something is out on the internet, there's no stopping its redistribution doesn't mean that unauthorized redistribution is allowed here.

I don't know what happened, or how or when, but suddenly it seems acceptable to act as if the people actually making the mods were at the bottom of the pecking order in the modding community, with the least say over what can happen with their work. This is not the case, see rule #1, and more importantly, the minute we condone it we might as well call it quits because who'd want to publish at a site like that.

In conclusion:

Uploading a mod that isn't yours on LL is allowed if you have the author's permission. If not, then not.

Linking to a mod's original place on another site is fine, provided it's in line with our other rules (eg underage stuff). Re-uploading someone else's mod to another site like mega or whatever, and then linking to it here is in my opinion the same as uploading it here.

There was a question. There's a clear answer. Closing before people make it less clear again.