{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Wait... huh? On closer inspection of the plugin, the ElinRaceVampire race has its height set to 0.7 in the CK. The main race is at 1 height. Looking at the plugin I made to replace other NPCs with Elins, that one has both the main race and the vampire race set to 0.7 height, which explains why when I was testing that plugin, every Elin was mysteriously tiny until I fiddled with my load order some more. I am confused, to say the least. Were they set at 0.7 to start and I changed it to 1 and forgot about it? I don't feel like I did...

But sure enough, if I start a game without the follower mod enabled, I'm short as shit. I'm too young to be losing my memory, I tells you!

But oof, this complicates things a bit, maybe.

Dagh, Compa's healing spell is causing such a headache. To my dismay, NPCs don't consume magicka at all when casting spells, as proven by her magicka bar moving precisely nowhere while being tracked by EFF. Having a requirement to possess enough magicka to cast the spell before activating the healing AI package isn't going to do jack squat like that. Maybe I could attach a damage magicka effect to it...

The other annoyance is that for some reason the area of effect heal doesn't trigger right sometimes... she'll channel and heal herself fine but the area heal will sometimes just totally ignore one or more friendly targets, including but not limited to the player... what the heck.

Well, I do think this spell is as close to working as I can get it. I assume some targets occasionally being missed is just Skyrim being Skyrim, considering the effect had the exact same conditions as the Grand Healing spell and still did it.

Now then, the way it's currently set up, assuming the packages work, is that when either Compa or the player are below 50% health, and she has enough magicka to foot the full cost of the spell, she'll heal approximately (the amount healed fluctuates slightly as she doesn't channel for the full duration) 100 health and boost armor by 300 and magic resistance by 50% over 10 seconds at level 1, and use up 100 magicka to do so, her entire magicka bar at level 1. At level 15 the heal and cost rise to 150 while she has an unboosted magicka pool of 160, and at level 30 they'll rise again to 200 while she possesses 224 magicka. She will cast the spell consecutively if she has enough magicka and she or the player still has under 50% health, so the amount of times she can heal can be increased by giving her magicka boosting enchants or supplying her with magicka potions if you have a mod that allows NPCs to use potions. Otherwise she'll regenerate magicka at the normal combat regen rate of 0.99% magicka per second.

She herself has no aptitude whatsoever in weapons and armor, and fights unarmed starting at 5 damage per punch and gaining +5 unarmed every 5 levels up to +100 unarmed at level 100, meaning that to offset her healing abilities, she's going to be pretty squishy even if you give her some armor and she won't be doing as much damage as one of the other followers holding the best gear you can give them. Though it also means you won't need to worry much about upgrading her equipment. Does that sound balanced and sufficient?

My take on this?  Don't make Compa too 'squishy'.  Some people run mods that increase difficulty (stronger enemies, lots of stronger enemies) and having Compa die too easy is not really quite balanced.  Unless she is marked as 'essential', but still, give here some decent defence.

As I have told many people, "it's your mod, make it how you envisioned it and want it to be.  If you seek out opinions from others than your mod will slowly become their mod because what others want is not what you want."

Perhaps so, but I'm just looking for input on gameplay balance, because my own files run ASIS and at least two combat followers at a time, for frantic, chaotic skirmishes that are predictably a nightmare to keep "balanced".

Hopefully she shouldn't go down too easily - she has the health growth of a standard mage follower at +8 HP per level, she's just going to be a close-quarters combat medic rather than the usual dual-purpose mage/healer follower. One of my goals is to make her balanced enough for a standard game while keeping some reference to her actual role from her home game as the weaker healer type, where she too has to bop enemies with her fists (well, and her giant syringe, but there's nothing that could adequately be like that in Skyrim... no spears, and all) and cannot stray too far from her allies or else her heals will no longer reach. Having free healing is inherently overpowered, so she has to channel the spell and isn't as tough as melee followers, but I don't know if a 200 health heal remains adequate for the rest of a file, is one potential problem. She's essential, but her heal bolsters all affected targets' defense by approximately 50% for the duration to help keep her safe while casting. She can't move while casting though, making it the player's responsibility to stay within 36 yards to get healing and keep enemies off of her.

Huh. I wonder if I should have her carry a bunch of potions? A bit cheaty, but she is a nurse and all.

That's the idea, and they're almost ready, but I'm still waiting on a couple last responses for permissions on bundling some armor with them. I don't expect there will be any problems, but I want to give them sufficient time to respond before going the "I'll wait for a complaint" route.

• 2 weeks later...

so why its working with sexlab

is it working with sexlab?... I see no evidence that the sex mod in use is sexlab - there are plenty of sex mods on the internet

if it is sexlab it can be explained simply: papyrus is not secure and the maker of the video knows how to decompile scripts and remove restrictions.

Try this (POSSIBLE) fix.  I edited the Elin Master to use the game's original 1st-person skeleton path.  The issue could be that the race, being unique instead of a customized vanilla race, was overriding some assets of the vanilla race, the 1st-person view being one of them (or only issue).

ElinRace_v1.4.1-Original_1stPersonView.7z

Extract and copy the edited master file and replace the Elin master you currently have installed.

You can also try the Enhanced Camera mod if the camera height does not correct itself immediately though, I would suggest first playing the game for awhile and change cell locations.  If the camera height does not change then use Enhanced Camera.

If you have any camera fixes I released for the Elin in the past, do not use them as they are not permanent fixes and besides, they were only for the Elins.

Is there any patch for Requiem?

Coz i'm not so good at modding and patching through TES5Edit.

No patches for Requiem or Perma (not sure if one is needed, but in case anyone is wondering).  Something to put on my To Do list.

If this does not work, hopefully I'll find a way to fix this for the next major update.

It worked very well, thank you again.

So reverting to the original skeleton path fixed it?  Enhanced Camera was not needed?

Is there any patch for Requiem?

Coz i'm not so good at modding and patching through TES5Edit.

No patches for Requiem or Perma (not sure if one is needed, but in case anyone is wondering).  Something to put on my To Do list.

If this does not work, hopefully I'll find a way to fix this for the next major update.

It worked very well, thank you again.

So reverting to the original skeleton path fixed it?  Enhanced Camera was not needed?

No, at the least for me, your fix worked.

Patch for Requiem

Maybe it would help somebody.. maybe :D

How-to

Soo, just put it after a requiem in ur NMM plugins or Data Files or MO.( like an Alternative Start, yup)

Don't forget that Requiem should be the last mode after Alternate Start( Only) and that patch.

Then use Reqtificator in ScyProc Patchers folder.

Screenshot_5.png

And btw sorry for my english c:

Good luck and have fun.

P.S Eng Version Only

ElinRacePatchForRequiem.esp

ElinRacePatchForRequiem0,8x.esp

ElinRacePatchForRequiem1,0x.esp

Thank you Titon1991.  I won't be able to test it myself since I'm preoccupied with other matters, but I will provide a link to your post.

Here is how to attach a file to a post.

post-64505-0-64687100-1438949722_thumb.jpg

Click on More Reply Options button.

post-64505-0-95425000-1438949722_thumb.jpg

Click on Attach Files - Choose Files button.

A new window will open.  Locate your files.  Select your files and click the Open button at the bottom.

The files will be uploaded to LL.

You are ready to post your reply along with the attachments.

File size is limited to <100mb and picture files are limited to JPEG, PNG, and BMP (JPEG is recommended).

If you receive a message stating the file is too large or exceeds the limit then you will need to provide a link to the file from a file host (in your case, Mediafire).

Thank you Titon1991.  I won't be able to test it myself since I'm preoccupied with other matters, but I will provide a link to your post.

Here is how to attach a file to a post.

attachicon.gifhow to add file to post-1.jpg

Click on More Reply Options button.

attachicon.gifhow to add file to post-2.jpg

Click on Attach Files - Choose Files button.

A new window will open.  Locate your files.  Select your files and click the Open button at the bottom.

The files will be uploaded to LL.

You are ready to post your reply along with the attachments.

File size is limited to <100mb and picture files are limited to JPEG, PNG, and BMP (JPEG is recommended).

If you receive a message stating the file is too large or exceeds the limit then you will need to provide a link to the file from a file host (in your case, Mediafire).

I c.

Thank you alot c:

I haven't seen dat button so it's my mistake c:

Nevermind.

Thank you alot again c:

Updated the first post.  Added links to the 1st-Person Camera Fix for Normal Height Races  and the Requiem Patch by Titon1991.

EDIT

When I'm testing the Tera Races mod, I'll include your patch along with Requiem.  The changes I'll be making to the Elins might break the patch.

Thank you for your help.

Updated the first post.  Added links to the 1st-Person Camera Fix for Normal Height Races  and the Requiem Patch by Titon1991.

EDIT

When I'm testing the Tera Races mod, I'll include your patch along with Requiem.  The changes I'll be making to the Elins might break the patch.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you too, desu c: