SexLab Framework Development

Sexualized creatures is another modders job, I'm just providing a means to play and select the animations and nothing more. Creatures are treated as gender neutral though, an actor in SexLab is either Male (0), Female (1), or Creature (2), there is no "creature male" or "creature female," just "creature." If somebody wanted to make gender specific creature animations however, they could do so using the tagging system and various hooks, it's not something I plan to build in natively however.

Does this version detect all your currently installed creature animations or only the ones you have added?

Technically if you want a custom animation, all you really have to do is edit them into the listing of animations & add the appropriate file I do believe... if not you can always replace the .hxk file with the appropriate animation you want to add (just make sure to rename & make sure that you've selected the appropriate directory to associate the file with).

Sexualized creatures is another modders job, I'm just providing a means to play and select the animations and nothing more. Creatures are treated as gender neutral though, an actor in SexLab is either Male (0), Female (1), or Creature (2), there is no "creature male" or "creature female," just "creature." If somebody wanted to make gender specific creature animations however, they could do so using the tagging system and various hooks, it's not something I plan to build in natively however.

Odd, not sure where you're getting (2) from, your framework?  But the creature is an actor with the keyword ActorTypeCreature.  GetSex() returns based on the actor's base gender, creatures can have both male AND female, I've seen horse mods that offer anatomically correct based on gender (I've even merged the two myself to see both stallions and mares).  All "creatures" have the same actor setup as any NPC, the only difference is their parent attributes automatically add ActorTypeCreature to it by default.  There isn't any reference to GetSex in Skyrim that says 2, unless it's a sexlab framework limitation.  My request would be to not limit the gender on creatures, since it's not always going to be a male creature being used down the road (the "Dirty Deeds, Done with Sheep" song basically says a guy getting his thrills with sheep, it wasn't a male sheep either).

GuruSR.

Odd, not sure where you're getting (2) from, your framework?  But the creature is an actor with the keyword ActorTypeCreature.  GetSex() returns based on the actor's base gender, creatures can have both male AND female, I've seen horse mods that offer anatomically correct based on gender (I've even merged the two myself to see both stallions and mares).  All "creatures" have the same actor setup as any NPC, the only difference is their parent attributes automatically add ActorTypeCreature to it by default.  There isn't any reference to GetSex in Skyrim that says 2, unless it's a sexlab framework limitation.  My request would be to not limit the gender on creatures, since it's not always going to be a male creature being used down the road (the "Dirty Deeds, Done with Sheep" song basically says a guy getting his thrills with sheep, it wasn't a male sheep either).

GuruSR.

Also vampire lord and werewolf are "creature races" too and they have separate genders. I also saw some female falmer and giants (probably added by SIC but I'm not sure) Creatues used to be gender neutral in Oblivion but they aren't anymore because all of them are just "actors" now and not divided into NPCs and creatures and I think it would be kinda backwards if SL didnt take advantage of it ^^
Guest mayaktheunholy

Yes, creatures could easily be assigned a gender by a modder, but what Ashal was saying was that *SexLab* does not assign creatures a gender at this time. It would be fairly easy for a modder to add this in with their mod though, that is whole the point of SexLab, it is a framework. Not to mention someone has to make the animations first anyway.

I have another debug file

I used a clean install this time, new game, and deactivated "even actors height" , but it still remained active in the game. after a while skyrim CTD

another minor problem i encountered is that the camera get's stuck on one axis

Thank you for this framework btw

I just double checked and 'even actors height' is definitely still enabled even when marked as disabled. It's very visible. What's worse is the height isn't fixed back afterwords, so the height of one actor changes (one in male position I think) and they remain stuck in their modified heights even after the scene is done. My log is 2 megs though due to disabling dragonborn DLC, so I'll start a new game tomorrow and get to Ancano to test it again and post a proper log with no junk in it. My SexLab is still beta 3's first release though (plus the nord fix).

GuruSR.

Also vampire lord and werewolf are "creature races" too and they have separate genders. I also saw some female falmer and giants (probably added by SIC but I'm not sure) Creatues used to be gender neutral in Oblivion but they aren't anymore because all of them are just "actors" now and not divided into NPCs and creatures and I think it would be kinda backwards if SL didnt take advantage of it ^^

Yes, I remember the neutralness of the Oblivion creatures, that engine design was a nightmare (in some respects), sex of 2 was creature, the same as what SexLab is going to be from the sounds of it.  I, myself would rather see the bit 1 (2 ored) used as a "flag" for creature, that way, there's no worries with existing usage for non-creatures.  Female Falmer and Giants?  Really, sounds almost as fun as that female Ogre in Oblivion's Sexualized Monsters (wow, talk about a BITCH slap)...

Yes, creatures could easily be assigned a gender by a modder, but what Ashal was saying was that *SexLab* does not assign creatures a gender at this time. It would be fairly easy for a modder to add this in with their mod though, that is whole the point of SexLab, it is a framework. Not to mention someone has to make the animations first anyway.

True, but the way it was being handled, is 0 for male, 1 for female and 2 for creature, regardless of the creature's gender.  Later on, if someone does do male/female creatures, the animations will be "odd looking" for the wrongly gendered creatures.

GuruSR.

GuruSR.

I believe it's Monster Mod that adds the female giants, SIC only adds armored mesh giants.

Hey, Ashal, or anyone that sees this, have you figured what may causing all the freezing when the sex ends? There's quiet a few topics about this in the tech forum, and none of them have been rexolved, including the one I made. I'm about to have to stop using sexlab :(

You should go over there and see for yourself when you have time, if you haven't already.

Dumb question, but will we be able to upgrade from 115b to 120 using clean and ununstall or would we need a clean save?

You can just do a clean install, removing the previous files, resaving your game with it removed, then install the new one. It would be best to run a new clean save or use a save cleaner however, just for papyrus sake.

GuruSR.

The 2 comes from the framework. Using SexLab's function GetGender(), which does several checks and not just papyrus's GetSex(), SexLab's GetGender() will return a 0 or 1 for males or females actors that are flagged as transexual, letting female npc "futanari's" be treated as if they were males in the eyes of SexLab. For creatures it forgoes any gender check, and returns a 2 if they have an existing animation.

ActorTypeCreature is unreliable as it is not on all creatures, some don't have it and instead have ActorTypeAnimal, ActorTypeUndead, ActorTypeDaedra, or ActorTypeDwemer. SexLab keeps a list of Race's that have a creature animation, and it'll look up a given actors race in that list, if it exists there, then it returns them as a creature, not male or female. If they aren't in that list, then sexlab assumes them a non creature returns male/female.

It's simple, it's fast, and it works. I see no reason to complicate that.

GuruSR.

Yes, I remember the neutralness of the Oblivion creatures, that engine design was a nightmare (in some respects), sex of 2 was creature, the same as what SexLab is going to be from the sounds of it.  I, myself would rather see the bit 1 (2 ored) used as a "flag" for creature, that way, there's no worries with existing usage for non-creatures.  Female Falmer and Giants?  Really, sounds almost as fun as that female Ogre in Oblivion's Sexualized Monsters (wow, talk about a BITCH slap)...

True, but the way it was being handled, is 0 for male, 1 for female and 2 for creature, regardless of the creature's gender.  Later on, if someone does do male/female creatures, the animations will be "odd looking" for the wrongly gendered creatures.

GuruSR.

I have absolutely 0 interest whatsoever in adding male and female detections to creatures right now. The animations to warrant it don't exists, and it's likely they won't ever exists making it a wasted effort right now when there are bigger priorities. All of the current creature animations are Female NPC with Male Creature, there is little use in adding any sort of detection for creature gender right now. If somebody makes female creature animations that require a female check, they can be integrated into sexlab via their own means as a separate plugin without the need for the support to be built in.

I have another debug file

I used a clean install this time, new game, and deactivated "even actors height" , but it still remained active in the game. after a while skyrim CTD

another minor problem i encountered is that the camera get's stuck on one axis

Thank you for this framework btw

I just double checked and 'even actors height' is definitely still enabled even when marked as disabled. It's very visible. What's worse is the height isn't fixed back afterwords, so the height of one actor changes (one in male position I think) and they remain stuck in their modified heights even after the scene is done. My log is 2 megs though due to disabling dragonborn DLC, so I'll start a new game tomorrow and get to Ancano to test it again and post a proper log with no junk in it. My SexLab is still beta 3's first release though (plus the nord fix).

Beta 3 had some issues with some actors occasionally not fully resetting after a scene, this is already fixed in the version up on git.

Huh.. For me i have a small problem with some creatures. My character starts the animation just fine.

Most of them wont start the animation like werewolf or sabrecat.

Does anyone encounter a simliar problem? Was someone able to fix it for himself? Please let me know, because i nearly disabled every mod now and cleaned my Skyrim folder from nearly everything i dont use or could be able to cause problems with creature animations.

Also i tried to delete the creature animations myself and redownloaded the animations a few times now, but still nothing.

I already thought it could be possible because i got the german version and somehow Skyrim uses Werwolf for searching for mods instead of werewolf.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this thread is the right place for features, but if so I'd like to ask if it is possible to create a menu item ...

1. to turn on / off the ragdoll animation separately for consensual / forced sex and for victim / agressor

2. to turn on / off the un- / redress animation separately for consensual / forced sex

BTW - excellent work!

P.S. sorry for my bad english :blush:

Huh.. For me i have a small problem with some creatures. My character starts the animation just fine.

Most of them wont start the animation like werewolf or sabrecat.

Does anyone encounter a simliar problem? Was someone able to fix it for himself? Please let me know, because i nearly disabled every mod now and cleaned my Skyrim folder from nearly everything i dont use or could be able to cause problems with creature animations.

Also i tried to delete the creature animations myself and redownloaded the animations a few times now, but still nothing.

I already thought it could be possible because i got the german version and somehow Skyrim uses Werwolf for searching for mods instead of werewolf.

Thanks in advance.

Check previous postings. A number of us seem to be encountering this issue, with specific creature types as well (Werewolf, wolf, dog, bears in some cases and sabercats). Falmer, chaurus, giants, trolls and dragons* (*to some extent since we all still have an issue with the actors being flipped during animation) seem to be functional.

Regarding my previous ctd on load on page 22, might have been due to sexlabz spells; tested this out at other places and 1.2beta3 loads didn't ctd, everything seems fine with regular animations and line ups are usually better.

Not entirely sure why disabling CH on the other save worked though.

Tested with Radiant Prostitution with the latest beta version. It works flawless for me (with the latest actor resetting fix). 

The TFC work too with no ctd. I've noticed that, if you are on TFC, ragdoll is automatically disabled. (I suppose ragdolling + TFC was causing the CTDs with previous versions).

Hey, Ashal, or anyone that sees this, have you figured what may causing all the freezing when the sex ends? There's quiet a few topics about this in the tech forum, and none of them have been rexolved, including the one I made. I'm about to have to stop using sexlab :(

You should go over there and see for yourself when you have time, if you haven't already.

... :(

... :(

Read:

Also note that this is NOT a general tech support thread, I am intrested in hearing 1.20 related problems, and 1.20 related problems only, if a problem appears to be the result of your own botched Skyrim/SexLab install or update, it will go ignored.

Quick update on status:

Hoping to release it today, but unsure if I'll be able to. Feeling a little sick and foggy, so I'm finding progress slow moving today as a result. 

I just pushed some majorish fixes to git, including a fix for the blinking/jumping in and out when advancing stages, it still does it whenever you adjust the player and change to certain animations, but that's unavoidable, and more or less always been the case. Also made it so up/down alignments now work on the player and creatures instead of just NPC's.

There is a couple minor bugs left that shouldn't take long to fix, other than that I just need to sort out the dog vs wolf situation and and get to adding the new AP animations. After that everything should be ready for the official 1.20 release.

Hopefully that's all doable today, but it will largely depend on how I'm feeling later; I'm about to take a break now for a couple hours in attempt to clear my head for abit to come back at it fresh.

I guess its been pushed back a bit more?

Just wondering cause Im bored, and I wanna play skyrim, but I dont want to without your new version :)

The steps for upgrading is only for people who have installed SexLab manually. If you use NMM to install it, you can just uninstall it and all files will be gone. You will still have to do a clean save but there are no files to delete.

Hey, this is kinda kinky, but can you somehow implement this as a new animation or something? Just a picture I found while surfing the net, feeling bored:

Use Tails, they're so... flexible. XD

91659617629fd2217746e91d2aa7cbb1.jpg

Just some food for thought :D

Something like this would actually be possible to animate, however Ashal doesnt do animations, he does the framework n coding.

You should ask around in the normal Skyrim Adult section as this topic is strictly about sexlab, especially about Beta 3 of 1.20

Can we do anything with the creature animations or did you just include them for good measure? I don't mean to be ungrateful but it seems like we still need the Beastiality rape mod to get creature animations to work. Are you planning a SexLab Creatures mod?