What happened to the Morrowind DMRA body+armor replacer?

There is an individual by the name of "wkdRmffhemqkseka" over at the Morrowind Nexus who was making a DMRA-like body mod and was even making vanilla clothes+armor replacers for the body too. However, if you head on over there and try searching for it (Or use this link I got from my download history: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44415) You will discover that the mod and its addons have been deleted. I'm not exactly sure why this happened, my theory is that the mod maker was being harassed by Morrowind purists in the comment section of the mod, but I can't say for sure.

Did anyone here possibly download those mods and still have them? Unfortunately, I don't have the files anymore, nor did I ever download any of the armor/clothes addons. Therefore, would any of you mind sharing them? Thanks!

damn, on friday these mods were still available!

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/95548-morrowind-quality-of-life/?do=findComment&comment=2204379

I do not have them anymore either, my Morrowind Mods collection are on another PC (old), the hard drive is not compatible with my new system, I do not get access! :classic_sad:

that only one, that you can do, if you know the Mod author then write him a PM.

4 hours ago, winny257 said:

damn, on friday these mods were still available!

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/95548-morrowind-quality-of-life/?do=findComment&comment=2204379

I do not have them anymore either, my Morrowind Mods collection are on another PC (old), the hard drive is not compatible with my new system, I do not get access! :classic_sad:

that only one, that you can do, if you know the Mod author then write him a PM.

I sent him a PM a week ago. He hasn't logged into the nexus since the 5th of May, so at this point it's a waiting game. He could come online in 5 minutes, 2 months, or never. (It's possible that he made a new account and has completely ditched his old one)

If you were somehow able to get those mods from your old hard drive via using a compatible system, such as the PC you used with it originally, I would be extremely grateful.

44 minutes ago, Jack of All Trades said:

I sent him a PM a week ago. He hasn't logged into the nexus since the 5th of May, so at this point it's a waiting game. He could come online in 5 minutes, 2 months, or never. (It's possible that he made a new account and has completely ditched his old one)

If you were somehow able to get those mods from your old hard drive via using a compatible system, such as the PC you used with it originally, I would be extremely grateful.

the old PC was a Pentium II 450 MHz.
Although I have the hard drive, but not the old computer, with new systems it is impossible to operate the old hard disk.
I have changed even the old connectors on new, I suspect this hard drive only runs on Windows 98, that I do not have any more. :classic_sad:

I am very sorry

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

Although I have the hard drive, but not the old computer, with new systems it is impossible to operate the old hard disk.
I have changed even the old connectors on new, I suspect this hard drive only runs on Windows 98, that I do not have any more. :classic_sad:

I am very sorry

Don't be, it's not your fault. I suppose all we can do is wait and hope for wkdRmffhemqkseka to reply or for someone to post the mod here/somewhere.

44 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

O.o :open_mouth: :classic_cool:

This PC appeared in January 1998, he cost at this time over 4500 German Mark, almost as much as a small car. :classic_tongue:
I had until to the today Timepoint, many further PCs. the old Pentium II I have only for storing data,, used.

24 minutes ago, Jack of All Trades said:

Don't be, it's not your fault. I suppose all we can do is wait and hope for wkdRmffhemqkseka to reply or for someone to post the mod here/somewhere.

have you tried it in the Nexus forum, it's a much higher chance than here. :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, winny257 said:

have you tried it in the Nexus forum, it's a much higher chance than here. :classic_wink:

I'll make a post over there... though in my experience the Nexus forums have never been a huge help. I also have a post over at Wolflore, so hopefully having posts out on three different websites will increase our odds of getting it.

13 minutes ago, Jack of All Trades said:

I'll make a post over there... though in my experience the Nexus forums have never been a huge help. I also have a post over at Wolflore, so hopefully having posts out on three different websites will increase our odds of getting it.

I wish you good luck. :classic_smile:

8 hours ago, b33f7 said:

Holy shit dude, You're a Legend!

And no, he has yet to log in since the 5th. A real shame too. I hope he hasn't given up on modding...

On 5/21/2018 at 8:21 PM, winny257 said:

I am very sorry

Ok i do this in german here. Du brauchst führ die plate einfach einen adapter, ist leicht im internet zu finden und etwa führ 10-20 euro zu haben. Einfach an den PC anschliesen und es solte zum daten auslesen reichen.

11 hours ago, b33f7 said:

Yeah me too. He said he was gonna do skimpy replacer versions next, and instead the mods disappeared.

Yeah its also a shame he never got to the robe replacers too, If he did, I would have been able to easily switch up the textures a little bit to convert Arkann's Clothing mods into DMRA.

It's possible he deleted all of the files and hasn't returned to the nexus in a while because he's currently working on a full release with everything, including the missing things from the individual releases. Its also possible he decided to quit modding for good and decided to take his mods with him. I hope its the former rather than the latter. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, ceruleanboar said:

Does anyone have a list of the required files for his mod? I remember there being like 10-20 required downloads to get all the base BB clothes and armors.

Better bodies, better beasts, better clothes, better morrowind armor. I thinks that's it. The others were just optional textures and whatnot.

• 10 months later...

Hello I have downloaded the mods required to run DMRA base armor replacer pack for Morrowind I am having an issue with the dwemer cuirass, one of the meshes seems to be assigned to  a texture that isn't there.  I keep  getting this error message:

TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\bam\a_dwemer_cuiras_f.nif" tex not found "tx_steam_centurions_34_glow.dds"!

There are two tear drop shaped bumps on the back of the cuirass that appear a bright featureless white.

The only file in that folder that mentions dwemer and glow is a shield texture.  I tried re downloading better armor and the DMRA replacer.  a_dwemer_cuiras_f.nif exists in the meshes but tx_steam_centurions_34_glow.dds does not exist in the textures.  If I take out the mesh file then the people wearing the cuiras become the error blob.  Has anyone corrected the issue and happen to have the dds or a corrected esm they can upload?

• 3 weeks later...

If you use the DMRA base clothing replacer be sure to download the MoreBetterClothes mod as well.  The DMRA replacer has meshes for shirts that better clothes 1.1 didn't convert.  MBC has an esp that will use the meshes, mostly expensive and extravagant shirts. 

I have another issue with the base armor replacer.  There is a mesh for a DMRA glass cuirass but the esp isn't using it.  The only work around I could find is to rename a_glass_cuiras_ f   in the (bam) folder  to  a_glass_cuirass  and then move it to the ( a ) folder.  This just changes all the glass armors in the game into the DMRA version men in glass cuirass get breasts.  The better morrowind armor mod has a female glass curass mesh, the esp just doesn't use it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/9/2019 at 4:34 PM, zebulous said:

If you use the DMRA base clothing replacer be sure to download the MoreBetterClothes mod as well.  The DMRA replacer has meshes for shirts that better clothes 1.1 didn't convert.  MBC has an esp that will use the meshes, mostly expensive and extravagant shirts. 

I have another issue with the base armor replacer.  There is a mesh for a DMRA glass cuirass but the esp isn't using it.  The only work around I could find is to rename a_glass_cuiras_ f   in the (bam) folder  to  a_glass_cuirass  and then move it to the ( a ) folder.  This just changes all the glass armors in the game into the DMRA version men in glass cuirass get breasts.  The better morrowind armor mod has a female glass curass mesh, the esp just doesn't use it?

I know I'm late, sorry for the necroposting, but I found a turnaround for that.

I just deleted the reference to "tx_steam_centurions_34_glow.dds" using the NifSkope tool (first time I use it, hopefully I didn't break anything else)

I will attach here what I did, the results and the fixed file.

As you can see, her chest part is glowing with 'TX_A_Dwemer_shieldcenter_glow2', which is correct. I suppose 'tx_steam_centurions_34_glow.dds' was supposed to cause another part of the armor to glow but I guess that part will be out of batteries now.

dwemerCuirassFix.png

Morrowind 2021-08-26 00.35.38.409.png

a_dwemer_cuiras_f.nif

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...