View File

Clone any NPC and use them as uniquely named followers or workers. Set up "settlements" for assignment and travel instantly between them with the built in teleportation service.

TLDR: (not so lite) Lite version of Abduction SSE

DISCLAIMER: This is a very work-in-progress WIP project and as such comes with no guarantees or warranty regarding safety or function. Please make sure to read this description before deciding to use it and do not run it on that super important save you have no backups for or expect the mod to be uninstallable without problems either immediately or down the road.

QUICK START

Assign the hotkey in the AbductionLite -> Hotkey menu

Hit hotkey with a NPC, dead or alive, targeted

Presto, your very own clone!

MCM Menu

Cloning
    Auto Rename - Asks for name on cloning

Home Setting - If and how home is set to new NPCs

Clone Defeated - If active a new clone will be immedietly availible for SexLab Defeat functionality in a knocked out state.

HotKey
    Sets hotkey for cloning and menu access

Home
    Home system enabled - Enables NPC assignment to home, sleep and work areas as well as max range (see below) teleport

Max Range from assigned areas - NPCs walking away more than this will be teleported back. 4096 = whole cell

Crafting
    Crafting enabled - Enables NPCs creating resource materials when using related furniture

Progress update interval - How often progress is made

Updates to complete production - How many progress-steps to produce something

Example: Progress interval 10s * Cooking 6 ticks = NPC has to spend 6*10, 60 seconds to produce a food item

Debug
    Custom dialogue enabled - Shows the Abduction specific dialogue options

Custom packages enabled - Enables the home, sleep and work packages for the home system as well as the teleport feature to make sure NPCs are in where they should

NPC settings applicator enabled - Activates the functions to apply NPC name, voice, combat style, max relationship, the home system factions and outfit on maintenance. If you have other mods changing any of the mentioned things disable this to only apply the name

Clone player - Test feature. Not intended for gameplay use. Result may have wrong voice or other issues. Appearance will always update to match the player.

TestNPCs - Test feature. Not intended for gameplay use. Clones the same NPCs the Bijin mod modifies. If you don't want all of them the cancel option will allow you to select just one

DEFAULT MENU (no NPC targeted)
Unbag/Summon all - First selection will release any unbagged NPCs. Second, or first if no bagged NPCs, will summon all clones to your position
Summon One - Select one clone from list to bring to your positoin
Location - Allows you to set the current location as a home and give it an uniqe name
TpHome - Teleports you back to a marked home location
TpBack - Teleports you back to where you were. Option gets hidden if you leave home area "manually"
Outfit
    EditOutfit - When active records everything you equip, both armor and weapons. REMEMBER TO TURN THIS OFF WHEN DONE

ApplyOutfit - Toggles between NPC defaul outfit, a blank one or the custom created

NPC MENU (with cloned NPC targeted)
Bag/Unbag - As it says. Useful for clone transportation.
Tie Up - If selected a clone be immedietly availible for SexLab Defeat functionality in a tied up state.
Assign - Assigns areas for home, work or sleep
Vendorize - Turns NPC into a vendor. Same system as spouses can use. May take a while or a save/reload for dialogue to show
Edit
    Rename - As it says

Copy equipment - Copy everything equipped to the NPC. If outfit mode is set to default or custom the items will be replaced so remember to turn that off

Reclone - Creates a new copy of the same NPC

Release - Removes a NPC from the mod. Home/work/sleep settings are deleted and the NPC set to sandbox in current location.

NOTES

• Mods modifying or extending the spawn system may break cloning compatibility. Symptoms can be NPCs vanishing, changing race or CTDs. There is no alternative method to create an identical copy so this cannot be fixed, either stop using the mod in question or this one.
  • The outfit setting, default or custom, is not applied to clones active as followers to prevent items you've given them being unequipped
  • If you use the outfit option make sure all the registered NPCs can actually wear it to avoid problems
  • The custom, or any, dialogue may not work for recently cloned non-humanoids. Save-reload will fix it.
  • If the work, sleep and home areas are in different cells the NPCs will not walk between them but be teleported once out of sight instead. This is due limitations in the package system.
  • Cloning a NPCs will copy their name, combat style, spells and traits making them fight pretty much as good/bad as the original
  • Clones are levelled to the player
  • The dialogue options are the default for that voicetype. Custom lines added by quests, aliases or other methods will not be copied.
  • Clones managed by SexLab Defeat will have most of their custom functionality disabled for the duration
  • SkyUILib is required to show the in game menus (previous description incorrectly listed UIExtensions)
  • SexLab Defeat is required for the knockout-on-cloning and tie-up options. Remember to download all its requirements and delete the dummy "defeatconfig.pex" in this mod.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/21/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    skse64 skyui UIExtensions
  • Regular Edition Compatible

View File

Should work fine minus mouse functionality, see here. You can still use this mod to clone and do most basic stuff. A lot is still done with standard menus + the custom dialogue.

The settlement, renaming, teleport-to-home, individual NPC summoner selector and anything else displaying a list won't work though.

4 hours ago, derede450 said:

I have all requirements but nothing shows up in MCM.

Yes turns out the Defeat detection breaks menu initialization if the script it hooks into isn't found. I didn't notice it since I had a dummy script in my Skyrim installation I forgot about.

I added it in the latest update so the menu should work fine now even for those without Defeat installed. Those who do should delete the "defeatconfig.pex" script in AbductionLite alternatively let it be overwritten by the real deal.

lol I'm gonna have fun clone almost every NPC, creatures and bosses in this game.

Coming soon how to train your dragon and attacking chickens

17 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Yes turns out the Defeat detection breaks menu initialization if the script it hooks into isn't found. I didn't notice it since I had a dummy script in my Skyrim installation I forgot about.

I added it in the latest update so the menu should work fine now even for those without Defeat installed. Those who do should delete the "defeatconfig.pex" script in AbductionLite alternatively let it be overwritten by the real deal.

It is working without a problem right now. Also, I always wanted to use a mod like this. Thank you for your work :smile:

You may be able to turn someone into a bard simply by adding the BardSingerFaction (CF8F9) or BardSingerInstrumentalOnlyFaction (F6F87). There's a quest name BardSongStarter  that's run every time the player changes location looking for NPCs with those. Not all voice types may work however.

If you meant making a NPC to sweep the floors only like how settlers can be given assignments in Fallout 4 no that's not possible. They'll randomly pick between the available idle markers in the area when sandboxing. 

I believe it would be possible to implement the settlement system in Skyrim though by a skilled modder. The home and resource-producing functions for NPC in this mod are the result of some ideas of how to do it I wanted to test. A base building system to craft and place items have already been shown possible with mods like Hearth Craft and Placeable Statics. It's "just" a matter of putting everything together. The mod would have to be a SKSE64 dll though, papyrus is too slow and inefficient to run something like that smoothly. 

8 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

You may be able to turn someone into a bard simply by adding the BardSingerFaction (CF8F9) or BardSingerInstrumentalOnlyFaction (F6F87). There's a quest name BardSongStarter  that's run every time the player changes location looking for NPCs with those. Not all voice types may work however.

If you meant making a NPC to sweep the floors only like how settlers can be given assignments in Fallout 4 no that's not possible. They'll randomly pick between the available idle markers in the area when sandboxing. 

I believe it would be possible to implement the settlement system in Skyrim though by a skilled modder. The home and resource-producing functions for NPC in this mod are the result of some ideas of how to do it I wanted to test. A base building system to craft and place items have already been shown possible with mods like Hearth Craft and Placeable Statics. It's "just" a matter of putting everything together. The mod would have to be a SKSE64 dll though, papyrus is too slow and inefficient to run something like that smoothly. 

Hum, i need to tape a code for transform my friend into a bard, this is right ?

And I would like my servants to be able to carry a plate with drink like this :SsUqLT4.jpg(i take this image from the immersive wench)

is it a faction too ?

Yes it requires opening the console, clicking the NPC and then type "addfac n 1" where the n is the unique id of that faction. For wenches there's a faction named JobInnServer (DEE93) that may be relevant.

However if you're not familiar with how factions work or the console I'd advice against messing around with it. You don't want to add a faction that later turns hostile to you or friendly NPCs starting another civil war.

I suspect both the bard and server behaviour is limited to inns only so this will likely not make them work as such in your dungeon or home anyhow.

• 1 month later...

Oh brother.

The mod options did not show in MCM, so I figured it had to do with the prerequisite UI extension. I tried upping it to SSE using the creation kit, in what I thought would be a fairly simple procedure. But the moment I booted up the creation kit, resulted in a catastrophe, with my scripts folder all of a sudden being flooded with THOUSANDS of scripts which I have no clue where they come from. I don't have much experience with SSE modding and using the creation kit, so I didn't expect it all go fubar like that. Now I probably have to spend yet ANOTHER day reinstalling skyrim sse and every mod, as I don't know what to do with the clogged script folder.

Can you please update a simpler version of this mod that doesn't require UI extensions?

The Creation Kit will unpack the source for Bethesda's original scripts on first run. These have the "src" extension located in "Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\scripts" by default. The game ignores these entirely so don't worry, you don't have to re-install. 

If you can I strongly advice switching to a mod manager that doesn't put mods directly in the game folder but use virtualisation to just link them there. It'll save you a lot of hassle and the risk of one single snag ruining an entire install.

I think the mod should work without UILib, it's not set as master. It's used for popups and inputs the standard game doesn't support - renaming, teleport home list, name + assign "settlement" and misc stuff. The default mode of the mode, one-button-cloning and nothing else, shouldn't use/need any of those so try that.

The zip files after deleted after compression so I recommend leaving them. They're just 40MB plus it'll save you the hassle of downloading and setting up the CK again if you want to poke around with something in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I love this mod but I have a problem. I clone certain npc's after they are dead to populate castles ect. I tell them to "follow me." then at location I say "this is your home", than "leave me"  while I am there they have dialog options but after I leave and come back when I point the cursor on them I get nothing. Does anyone know what I need to do to get dialog options back?? I hope someone can help I have spent a lot of time collecting npc's and now they are useless :(

9 hours ago, SolTemplar33 said:

Hello everyone. I love this mod but I have a problem. I clone certain npc's after they are dead to populate castles ect. I tell them to "follow me." then at location I say "this is your home", than "leave me"  while I am there they have dialog options but after I leave and come back when I point the cursor on them I get nothing. Does anyone know what I need to do to get dialog options back?? I hope someone can help I have spent a lot of time collecting npc's and now they are useless :(

I had that problem with Amazing Follower Tweaks - whenever a NPC was recruited using its system their name was blanked out making them impossible to target. I suspect it's due to a text override in the aliases used to keep track of followers. It's something any mod can do to keep track of things so it's not limited to just AFT.

To get them back you can either try to travel further away/longer period of time so the game will reload them alternatively click them with console open and type "disable" and then "enable" to make them reappear. Both will trigger the name-applicator again for any NPCs still registered in the mod. 

Another thing to try is to type "sv", it'll list anything attached to the NPC including aliases. With a little luck they're named reasonably logical making it possible to see what mod is overriding the names.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:09 PM, LazyGirl said:

I had that problem with Amazing Follower Tweaks - whenever a NPC was recruited using its system their name was blanked out making them impossible to target. I suspect it's due to a text override in the aliases used to keep track of followers. It's something any mod can do to keep track of things so it's not limited to just AFT.

To get them back you can either try to travel further away/longer period of time so the game will reload them alternatively click them with console open and type "disable" and then "enable" to make them reappear. Both will trigger the name-applicator again for any NPCs still registered in the mod. 

Another thing to try is to type "sv", it'll list anything attached to the NPC including aliases. With a little luck they're named reasonably logical making it possible to see what mod is overriding the names.

Disable/Enable does nothing, and sv doesn't give any info on conflicting mod unfortunately. Also tried Kill/Resurrect still nothing.. Thanks for the help though :) Any other idea's??

12 hours ago, SolTemplar33 said:

Disable/Enable does nothing, and sv doesn't give any info on conflicting mod unfortunately. Also tried Kill/Resurrect still nothing.. Thanks for the help though :) Any other idea's??

First, make sure you moved the crosshair off the NPC and then back to check if the rename worked. It's not updated otherwise.

Failing that, using "sv" again check under the "_MODAbductionLiteCloneScript" entry that "myName" is set to something. That's copied from the original NPC and is what gets applied. Should always be set to something unless the rename option has been used to clear it (bad idea). Or the NPC cloned have been modded in some way preventing it from being read the normal way but I never heard of that before.

Assuming it's there the NPCs aren't lost, they'll have their name properly applied provided you can track down the mod that's causing the conflict and disable it or toggle off whatever function of it that does it.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:08 PM, LazyGirl said:

First, make sure you moved the crosshair off the NPC and then back to check if the rename worked. It's not updated otherwise.

Failing that, using "sv" again check under the "_MODAbductionLiteCloneScript" entry that "myName" is set to something. That's copied from the original NPC and is what gets applied. Should always be set to something unless the rename option has been used to clear it (bad idea). Or the NPC cloned have been modded in some way preventing it from being read the normal way but I never heard of that before.

Assuming it's there the NPCs aren't lost, they'll have their name properly applied provided you can track down the mod that's causing the conflict and disable it or toggle off whatever function of it that does it.

This is all that's is under sv command, don't see the line you referenced...2057721739_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2018_07.26-01_20_47_88.thumb.png.b76af1c29ebcc9b23c0cfd1ce15dbdbe.png

9 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Console output only shows the last lines so you need to use use PgUp + PgDn to scroll through it all.

I am sorry I don't know some of this but I am learning and thank you for that :)  Here is screenshot of the line you mentioned, only thing I can see is that she has no name, but not sure what is causing it. I disabled Amazing Follower Tweaks and RDO but still the same. Also I wanted to tell you that what I do is go into battle, say with bandits or whoever and I only clone them after they are dead (I do this because I was thinking if they were alive somewhere it could cause a problem maybe). Then I tell them to follow me using Abduction menu then when I get to castle I say this is your home, and then leave me. Not sure if any of this helps :/  If nothing can bring them back do you know if it's okay to just disable them? Just to remove them from game so I can repopulate my castle with responsive followers instead of these? 

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2018.07.26 - 11.53.51.33.png

Thanks for the screenshot it really helps. From the looks of it not only is the name not stored but no data whatsoever from the original. It must have been read and stored at one time because "myActorBase" is what's used to create the clone and the whole process would have failed otherwise.  There is no function to clear these in this mod (no point) so it would take something drastic like scripts being temporarily blocked or version mismatches for it to happen.

Anyhow, assuming this was only temporary and newly cloned NPCs work fine it's possible to remove the bugged ones.

Simply disabling them won't work however since the mod will attempt to automatically fix any NPC not removed through its own menu. If I remember correctly it can't be used on NPCs without names so it has to be done through console shenanigans again. 

1 - As before use "sv" to view their data

2 - Look for the "_MODAbductionLiteFaction" and the code in parenthesis

3 - Type "addfac codeHere -1". This will remove them from them from the monitoring system

4 - (optional) type "openactorcontainer 1" if you want to grab any items from them

5 - "Disable" them. Done

The faction is the same for all NPCs so step 1 and 2 can be skipped once you got its ID. Hopefully this will work, haven't tested it just taking a guess based on how the scripts are set up.

Failing that there's the option to remove the mod, clean its data from your save using FallrimTools and then reinstall but it's a more complicated and potentially risky process so hopefully the above is enough to get things running again.