FULLY VOICED Companion: Completely Oversexed Ivy 3.2

I've continued development today on Ivy's random and idle dialog systems.  I've redone some of the topic work and she's nearly at the point where she has dialogue for all locations and interior cells in the game. Since the last release Ivy has received another 300 dialog idles and she is now becoming more aware of you as a player and how you are playing the game.

In the next release Ivy will start to comment on the perks you chose and use, she will come to remark on your play style more and more (are you a sarcastic asshole or are you a goody-two-shoes?). This kind of automatic customization should eventually make each play through with her unique and depending on how you play the game yourself. If you are crouching, she will remark on your bum, if you are running she might ask you to slow down, or ask you why you are slowing down if you are out of stamina. If you have the ghoulish perk she might make a remark on how your skin looks different lately. She will eventually adjust her chosen dialogue to these player choices. For instance, why would Ivy make remarks about cleaning her gun, saying she likes it so much, etc..etc.. if the player is a melee player and has all the melee perks, but none of the gun perks? Why would she say 'you handle that gun well' when you've just bashed a raiders skull in with a hammer? etc..etc..

To make a long story short, each chosen perk and game play choice would release new or different dialogue for Ivy's idles.

Of course just adding 2 tastes 'good Ivy / bad Ivy' would already mean a duplication of hundreds of lines, depending on her disposition. But I'd ideally like to have a much more granular experience. Just... keep an eye out for more coming. :smile:

Any indication/proof that ivy will not work correctly with a clean save? If so that should be worked out because she is an amazong companion but having to start a new game when you are at mid or endgame would be really bad. Many parts of this game just have very low replay value unfortunately.. Most other companions i have work with a clean safe, including quests, affinity and so on

just a small info: i looked at my clean save via fallrimtools. No traces of Ivy left

24 minutes ago, command88+ said:

Any indication/proof that ivy will not work correctly with a clean save? If so that should be worked out because she is an amazong companion but having to start a new game when you are at mid or endgame would be really bad. Many parts of this game just have very low replay value unfortunately.. Most other companions i have work with a clean safe, including quests, affinity and so on

just a small info: i looked at my clean save via fallrimtools. No traces of Ivy left

It's just an insurance for me t.b.h. I have a hard time figuring out for which new features I need to have a clean game and for which I don't, so I play it on the safe side and took over Bathesda's advice on it.

10 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

It's just an insurance for me t.b.h. I have a hard time figuring out for which new features I need to have a clean game and for which I don't, so I play it on the safe side and took over Bathesda's advice on it.

pah Bethesda.giving advice on how to istall and update mods but ca't fix their wn bugs or implement a proper DLC (nuka world seems half done)  instead create the CC to sell items that are available for free.

Afaik a clean save usually works, especiall ysince there are no traces levt of Ivy.

Just chekced, her creation holotape respawns the voucher and the note too

Spoiler

Where is the location i shouldn't take ivy to?

44 minutes ago, phillipswilliam92 said:

ok I have to Ask wear is IVY? jest started a new game IVY 2.0 and I cant find IVY any wear in Sanctuary hills please help?

Near the Sanctuary workbench as usual unless she's off chasing a bug. Even if she kills it, she tends to not return to her original location. If so, you'll have to console her to your location.

You can easily find any companion's RefID (vanilla or custom) as long as they have a companion quest which most do otherwise they won't work at all.

1. Open console
  2. Help (the companion's name) 4 QUST like this --> Help Ivy 4 QUST
  3. Take note of the quest ID for the companion. In this case, Ivy's quest is _IvyCompQuest with a quest ID of xx000805 (xx being your load order position)
  4. SQV (the quest ID) --> SQV xx000805 (again, xx being your load order position)
  5. Look for a line with REF '(the companion's quest alias)'-> " (xx000000).
  6. xx000FF2 <-- this is your Ivy's RefID (again, xx being your load order position)
  7. xx000ff2.moveto player and now Ivy (or whichever lost companion) is right there with you

v2.0 appears to be running fine so far in my game. I'm guessing the "location which shall not be named" will come later after @Reginald_001 has completed her origin questline.

I did come across that same unvoiced dialogue line about "He was a maniac..." again. It's in her Flirt tree and does not coincide with any location nor quest triggers.

Also, no issues regarding the edited vanilla quests. Interjections fire off just fine without any apparent issues.

"Earned caps" is working good. I would suggest possibly integrating an automatic payment during the daily settlement reset, if it's possible, or maybe just start her own custom timer to automatically pay you your share daily/weekly.... or.... just leave it so we have to talk to her cuz she's just sexay n cool like dat!

3 hours ago, command88+ said:

It'll work, it kind of is here. It's just a complicated task for a lot of users, who aren't experienced and it throws a spanner in the works when things don't work.

My only problems so far seem to be because of the Pack Attack mod and with Amazing Followers. With AF, issues with talking to Ivy popped up eventually, even though it worked  fine for a few days with her and a robot follower. It fixed itself when AF was removed and I did a quick clean of unattacked instances. With Pack Attack, settlers and traders, had it in for Ivy, myself and themselves (bots always seemed to start the settlement in fighting). I think this is because of the Revenge feature being turned on, and also Pack Attack ID's Ivy as being unknown. PA seems a little better now since it was last patched (this was one of the issues it had listed as fixed), but sometimes settlers are all marked as red on arrival to fight off a settlement attack. They really hated Ivy :frown: pounded her as I watched on and not in a good way ;) 

I've got a feeling it's because of all the dirty upgrades I've done and that Ivy is an unknown ID? :frown: Perhaps we could align Ivy on creation to have the same faction relationships as we have or pick them?

I know I'm bad for not restarting, it's just hard when you're in end game and you have Ivy looking hot geared up and all :smile:  Just got War of Commonwealth going too, feels like the end of the world, a great way to finish a play though off with Ivy and she LOVES IT :smiley: 

1 hour ago, Lostchaos said:

Okay I'm blind where is the redeem voucher?

Spoiler

In V2.0 it is on a shelf in the 3rd floor office in MedTek Research to the left of the main entrance.

If you activate the quest in your "data" tab in the pip-boy, the marker should lead you right to it.

5 hours ago, DominusKaine said:

In 1 of my own test runs I've had the note be 'blown' away when I used a grenade. It had been pushed underneath and I nearly couldn't reach it. I'm going to try to edit the note so that it can't move and it's always reachable. I've been having the same issue with the Extended Lore Project, but I'll save fixing that for when I'm done with Ivy. In my tests I've also noticed that Ivy doesn't always resume her own chatter scripts. I think this is because they don't resume after a game load, making her more quiet after you load a game. So I'll look into fixing all that tomorrow when I have modding time again. :smile:

I'm also looking into a 'shut up, Ivy' mode, where you can switch her 'idle' chatter subroutines on or off.

This is important as I've added a new feature where Ivy spawns a random dialogue every 4 (in game) hours and every 16 ingame hours when the player crouches... (she's an ass girl's all I can say).. This script also now spawns all her 'new location' dialogue and quest related dialogue. In the currently released version (2.0a) Ivy still hooks into the existing AO_CompanionXX and CA_Events_XX vanilla quests, injecting her dialogue into existing topics.

I've started the process of removing all of that and moving the dialogue into Ivy's newly scripted 'chatter' routines. I've already cleaned up the entire COMQCompanion_Commentary (or something like that, I forget) quest line, restoring it to 'factory default' and then removing all references through Fo4Edit. I'm removing nearly all of Ivy's interjections that I created earlier and moving them into this script (basically a very lightweight timed loop that makes her say a topic based on certain conditions).

I'm also filling this chatter routine with unique dialogue tailored to each in-game location. I'm currently going alphabetically through the interior cells, after which I'll go through the out door locations. This means... I have a way to go... (and a lot more dialogue will need to be added to account for each location in the game)... I'm at 'C' of the interior cells after about 4 hours of recording dialogue... I actually open up the location in the editor so I can try to find relevant things for Ivy to say for that location, instead of the usual and boring 'Hey what did they use you for?' and the always charming.. 'Lots of nifty toys in here' lines...

But when all cells and locations have been added I can proceed with removing the older AO_Comment_Dialogue_Quest items (the regular companion quest) and remove all additions to those vanilla quests as well, making Ivy's idle dialogue routines completely standalone, and consequently making here fully multi companion compatible (hopefully).. (Minor note: If Ivy is not the 1st recruited companion in your group, she will never take part in vanilla quest line dialogue, instead your 1st recruited companion always will. Same goes for vertibird travel etc..)

You can always put her voucher and readme inside a container in the same room instead. Maybe something obvious like a "suitcase" and you could even toss in some more clothing items like a spare of her synth dress or even some of her special toys should you incorporate that later into her development.

Just tossing out an idea or two at ya. No major issues in 2.0a so far aside from losing her after a PANPC attack every so often, but her holotape teleport function resolves that in an instant. Now that you've mentioned it though, I've noticed sometimes she's not very chatty and sometimes she is. Nowhere near long enough between lines for it to become an issue though. Heather does the same sometimes, too.

For the record, I've been running her with Heather and Unlimited Companion Framework since her initial release without any related issues. The "first recruited" issue is purely a Beth issue and nothing to do with how you've handled her programming (companion-wise). Thoroughly enjoying her even when just running around to trigger her location commentary. BTW, I just noticed she complains and begs and pleads for someone to find her "fucking redeem voucher" if you hang around Sanctuary. Too hilarious!

3 hours ago, DominusKaine said:

You can always put her voucher and readme inside a container in the same room instead. Maybe something obvious like a "suitcase" and you could even toss in some more clothing items like a spare of her synth dress or even some of her special toys should you incorporate that later into her development.

Just tossing out an idea or two at ya. No major issues in 2.0a so far aside from losing her after a PANPC attack every so often, but her holotape teleport function resolves that in an instant. Now that you've mentioned it though, I've noticed sometimes she's not very chatty and sometimes she is. Nowhere near long enough between lines for it to become an issue though. Heather does the same sometimes, too.

For the record, I've been running her with Heather and Unlimited Companion Framework since her initial release without any related issues. The "first recruited" issue is purely a Beth issue and nothing to do with how you've handled her programming (companion-wise). Thoroughly enjoying her even when just running around to trigger her location commentary. BTW, I just noticed she complains and begs and pleads for someone to find her "fucking redeem voucher" if you hang around Sanctuary. Too hilarious!

Or if memory serves, in the render window, you can right click on the voucher, click EDIT and uncheck the Havok Option, which should disable it from physics calculations and make it static in the world (unmovable).

2 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Or if memory serves, in the render window, you can right click on the voucher, click EDIT and uncheck the Havok Option, which should disable it from physics calculations and make it static in the world (unmovable).

Ah, right right. I forgot about that. As an example, I think that's how the canisters for the piezo-nucleic PA armor quest is done in the Polymer Labs building. Good catch, @Flashy (JoeR)

11 hours ago, KM100z said:

not sure if its been fixed since I last downloaded but...

if the esp is after AFT it borks AFT and companions wont follow or follow when asked to, if before it seems to work ok

IVY is not supported with any other follower mods, especially multi-follower mods.

As for the neck 'gap' thing, I think that's on your end. Ivy uses the standard female body model (in fact the exact same reference to the model as all other models). If you have a neck 'gap' thing, likely it's some mod or texture in your installation screwing things up? :smile:

12 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I like this for a quick fix. But the idea of an 'ivy' crate that holds things like the holotape, perhaps some different dresses etc.. sounds like a good idea as well. I'll check it out and will see what I choose in the end. For now though, it's off to create a couple of hundred more lines of dialogue for all of her new situational chatter.

(edit > braindump on the scripting side) So... when Fallout 4 saves. It saves all variables and script variables, but not the scripts themselves. So I created a global variable, set when the script loop starts, thinking I could just check if it's set when the loop stops. But because the loop never actually 'stops', the global variable is never reset.

To make that more clear: There's a chatter loop running every 5 seconds that checks a dialog topic. It looks like it needs to be restarted after a load-game. But the behavior seems inconsistent. Sometimes the loop also just stops mid gameplay, then resets after you recruited her again. I maintain a variable to see if the loop is running, but this variable is unreliable due to how Fallout 4 approaches its save games. (Scripts and states are not consistently saved compared to variables and globals)

This means I need to hook into the playerloadgame event, so I can restart her chatter routines. But with Fallout's finnicky systems, now I'm afraid her loop might start to run double, since the function could potentially be run twice, or I could miss other situations where her loop might stop suddenly (for no apparent reason according to the papyrus log).

I can't use any variables to maintain any kind of state for her chat loop, because they get saved during a save, and will not represent the true nature of the script state at any given time during the game. (e.g. the script loop sometimes simply 'stops' for no apparent reason at all).

So now I'm implementing a function based on player events that run often (e.g. OnEnterNewLocation), which keeps an eye out if the loop is actually running. I've added a global INT that keeps increasing forever, if it doesn't increase beyond, say 10 loops, upon every EnterNewLocation event, then I can safely assume her chatter routines have stalled and they need be kicked to life again by simply recalling the function again (IvyListens()).  Then in the function itself there are still actual variables to check if it's currently running or not.

3 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

IVY is not supported with any other follower mods, especially multi-follower mods.

As for the neck 'gap' thing, I think that's on your end. Ivy uses the standard female body model (in fact the exact same reference to the model as all other models). If you have a neck 'gap' thing, likely it's some mod or texture in your installation screwing things up? :smile:

nope all other female bodies are showing up fine as I have piper & cait with me and they don't have the issue, maybe your mod is not compatable with atomic body either?

I have a few questions. Does this mod use the vanilla follower system or one of its own, like Heather Casdin? If I have Ivy along can I pick up another companion as well? You note her gun is powerful. Is Ivy going to be stealing my kills? I dabbled with her in an existing game. I found her redeem ticket in an area that is definitely not for a new character. I would like to use Ivy in a new game as a companion right out of the vault. If I use a console command to get a redeem ticket, will that adversely impact Ivy or her quests?

1 hour ago, KM100z said:

nope all other female bodies are showing up fine as I have piper & cait with me and they don't have the issue, maybe your mod is not compatable with atomic body either?

What you say seems impossible. The IVY NPC uses a reference to the SkinNakedFemale body. This is the vanilla body as YOU use it, the exact same reference as Piper, Cait, etc..etc... If you use nuclear or whatever, it will use that. I don't add a model, mesh or NIF, or even textures. (Yes they are included in the download but not used or referenced by the IVY NPC at this point).

What I think is happening is that your bodyslide preset for Irma's dress is borked. You need to check if you have that in your bodyslide. If you don't, you can download the VANILLA bodyslide presets from Nexus and rebuild Irma's dress, as Ivy uses a retexture of that mesh (that doesn't include skin, b.t.w.)

(ps: Due to load order the fact that this doesn't happen to Piper or Cait and it does to Ivy does not mean that one of your other mods is not the source of this issue, as no one else seems to be having this issue that really is the most likely scenario, sorry).

Here's Ivy's skin settings, as you can see, 100% the same as Piper.

Clipboard02a.thumb.jpg.620c0fc31e252bdb5881bcc36703a84b.jpg

41 minutes ago, Thasic said:

I have a few questions. Does this mod use the vanilla follower system or one of its own, like Heather Casdin? If I have Ivy along can I pick up another companion as well? You note her gun is powerful. Is Ivy going to be stealing my kills? I dabbled with her in an existing game. I found her redeem ticket in an area that is definitely not for a new character. I would like to use Ivy in a new game as a companion right out of the vault. If I use a console command to get a redeem ticket, will that adversely impact Ivy or her quests?

Each NPC has its own quest. So your question doesn't really work, 'is it vanilla follower or not'. Ivy has her own NPC quest, like all other companions. Her chatter routines are incorporated into the normal dialogue topics for followers (in that way she is implemented just like a regular vanilla companion). Loading the mod will cascade load these dialog entries into your game, so despite the fact that IVY is not supported under any companion altering or multi companion mods, there should be no compatibility issues whatsoever.

The ticket is in Med-Tek research, just behind Corvega (which is the first minute men quest). If you want Ivy, you'll need to work for her. :smile:

(But yes, you can spawn her voucher, simply type 'help voucher 0' and add the correct ID to your inventory.

24 minutes ago, Thasic said:

Does this mod use the vanilla follower system or one of its own, like Heather Casdin?

I can say that this mod uses the vanilla follower system. And I thank the author, Reginald, for this. It's the best methods for best vanilla integration. Heather mod is great but her own companion system make that mod somewhat incompatible with others. This, instead, is just perfect :cool: (imho). 

About the reedem ticket I think you can safely use the consolle without issue because as long as I understand, it serves just to unlock Ivy and give her a background but I don't think the way you obtain it is critical for the mechanic. I would wait Reginald for confirmation tough. About the danger of the area, yeah could be difficult at level 1, but with some stealth skills to reach the are plus shotgun and melee skill you can win that. (maybe bring an early companion like the dog or codsworth to use it like a meat shield)

Edit: Nevermind, the author @Reginald_001 just answered while I was writing :tongue:

Fuck a diddle doo! Did Ivy really just initiate a radstorm? LMAO

Will we be able to control the weather with Ivy at some point? Like maybe as a companion perk or something? That'd be kind of neat... and different than all the other comps.

Anyways, just gonna leave this here. Ivy's still in beta :tongue:

20180323105957_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, DominusKaine said:

Fuck a diddle doo! Did Ivy really just initiate a radstorm? LMAO

Will we be able to control the weather with Ivy at some point? Like maybe as a companion perk or something? That'd be kind of neat... and different than all the other comps.

Anyways, just gonna leave this here. Ivy's still in beta :tongue:

20180323105957_1.jpg

I think there is definitely something going on there with Ivy and her experimental weather systems. You might be able to control it at one point, but will she? :tongue:

21 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

The ticket is in Med-Tek research, just behind Corvega (which is the first minute men quest). If you want Ivy, you'll need to work for her. :smile:

(But yes, you can spawn her voucher, simply type 'help voucher 0' and add the correct ID to your inventory.

18 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

I can say that this mod uses the vanilla follower system. And I thank the author, Reginald, for this. It's the best methods for best vanilla integration. Heather mod is great but her own companion system make that mod somewhat incompatible with others. This, instead, is just perfect :cool: (imho). 

About the reedem ticket I think you can safely use the consolle without issue because as long as I understand, it serves just to unlock Ivy and give her a background but I don't think the way you obtain it is critical for the mechanic. I would wait Reginald for confirmation tough. About the danger of the area, yeah could be difficult at level 1, but with some stealth skills to reach the are plus shotgun and melee skill you can win that. (maybe bring an early companion like the dog or codsworth to use it like a meat shield)

Edit: Nevermind, the author @Reginald_001 just answered while I was writing :tongue:

Yep, it's a little tough for any fresh meat out of the vault, so I suggest taking Dogmeat to tank for you. Better yet, if you're also running Heather, pick her up along the way to Med-Tek and take them both with you. It's one of hidden features of a custom companion that doesn't use the vanilla Beth followers system. Some minor annoyances, but the benefits outweigh the cons, IMHO.

Basically, you can do it if you game smart rather than hard.

If all else fails, console spawning does work without any repercussions down the line.

5 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

I think there is definitely something going on there with Ivy and her experimental weather systems. You might be able to control it at one point, but will she? :tongue:

Oh, wait. Strike that! She needs a max-affinty perk that allows you to activate her...

"FREEZE ALL MOTOR FUNCTIONS!" on any Gen1/Gen2 Synths in the immediate area and make them all go droopy head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B2g_e0VCDQ