FULLY VOICED Companion: Completely Oversexed Ivy 3.2

On 3/25/2018 at 2:18 PM, phillipswilliam92 said:

In that Case Why not move her Voucher to Red Rocket station or the Museam of Freedom?

Be careful with the Museum of Freedom.  The well known mod "Sim Settlements" mods the crap out of that place, especially the room on the third floor on the other side of where Preston & Co. are hiding out.   Lots of people seem to use that mod and its dependent mods although I soon grew tired of it and got rid of it. 

8 hours ago, yanqui99 said:

Be careful with the Museum of Freedom.  The well known mod "Sim Settlements" mods the crap out of that place, especially the room on the third floor on the other side of where Preston & Co. are hiding out.   Lots of people seem to use that mod and its dependent mods although I soon grew tired of it and got rid of it. 

Yeah the voucher will definitely not be added there. I'm now at the point of basically either going with Bedford Station or creating a new interior cell somewhere just out of Sanctuary that the player needs to visit. e.g. a small underground complex where the player has to defeat some ghouls to get to the voucher.

We'll see how it goes!

37 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Yeah the voucher will definitely not be added there. I'm now at the point of basically either going with Bedford Station or creating a new interior cell somewhere just out of Sanctuary that the player needs to visit. e.g. a small underground complex where the player has to defeat some ghouls to get to the voucher.

We'll see how it goes!

With those two choices I would prefer you use Bedford station. You wouldn't need to edit the station or any object at all, you could place the voucher and notes using a quest. It wouldn't matter where or in what container you placed it then, it wouldn't conflict with anything. You could do the same thing with Ivy in Sanctuary as well.

8 minutes ago, Ghostman7nz said:

With those two choices I would prefer you use Bedford station. You wouldn't need to edit the station or any object at all, you could place the voucher and notes using a quest. It wouldn't matter where or in what container you placed it then, it wouldn't conflict with anything. You could do the same thing with Ivy in Sanctuary as well.

The same can be said for a new interior cell. And it would actually add new content. Just a hatch near Bedford station (or something like that).

I feel I need to explain better why Ivy wasn't recruited before the player did so. The only real viable option I can think of is the pipboy that blocks other NPC's from entering vault locations. So I'll most likely create a small vault, eked out into existence by the rogue Institute scientist that created Ivy (Dr. Stein) from the remains of a failed Vault that was never finished.

Adding a hatch is exactly as invasive as adding a voucher. ;)

I've setup the skeletal radiant 'bad customer' quest. Basically every once in a while a customer will mistreat Ivy and you will be given the opportunity for sweet revenge. Each radiant quest should come with a proper story to motivate the player to quickly hunt and kill any motherfucker that dares to lay a hand on her. As Ivy's prostitution is optional, you can disable this radiant quest by disabling her prostitution via her service menu.

2 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

The same can be said for a new interior cell. And it would actually add new content. Just a hatch near Bedford station (or something like that).

I feel I need to explain better why Ivy wasn't recruited before the player did so. The only real viable option I can think of is the pipboy that blocks other NPC's from entering vault locations. So I'll most likely create a small vault, eked out into existence by the rogue Institute scientist that created Ivy (Dr. Stein) from the remains of a failed Vault that was never finished.

Adding a hatch is exactly as invasive as adding a voucher. ;)

Precisely. Look at memories of finding the sealed hatch at various points throughout the commonwealth - its an REScripted event that places a door to an underground bunker, randomly throughout the Commonwealth. So if that can it, with randomized locations, so can Ivy. :smile:

Radiant quest works like a charm, first try. Just need to tweak some settings and test out what is comfortable in terms of time passed before a new quest is given.

But of course, this means the player needs to be able to give Ivy means to stop bad customers from happening, e.g. 'upgrade' her prostitution routines, so less bad customers happen, and more money is made. The idea is to mingle another quest line in which you can slowly upgrade Ivy to give her features that can lower the chance of a radiant quest or stop them all together (e.g. invest in the NX-2C sexual defense package). Anyways, this is what I'm currently exploring in the mod together with adding around 75 lines of dialogue daily to fill out all locational based dialogue (a mod evening on Ivy for me is usually 2 hours of twiddling with quests and features, 2 hours of dialogue grind and 1 hour of gameplay testing. Current dialogue count is at 2400 lines of unique dialogue.

I will be definitely getting back to her recruitment when she's finished, but as the recruitment quest currently is not broken, I'm not focusing on it at this point, perhaps next week. :smile:

(my paradigm: first add/make everything, then make everything good, release in between to get good player feedback.. to work to a final release which will be named 'final ivy'.)

(PS: It's REALLY fun to kill bad customers during my gameplay. I've had some unique radiant quests and bosses I've never seen before. One was hiding on the top of a tower in the Boston common that was only reachable through a strange lift construction, first time I went up there and a really satisfying kill as well.)

Okay. 'Kill the bad customer' radiant quests are finished.

ScreenShot345.thumb.png.b028d1daad1e05b4c218b4f8fc1a0a9e.png

ScreenShot344.png

23 hours ago, figarodlc said:

LOL, the "lady garden" or h.e.doublehockysticks? 'Cos the hand cannon story could go both ways...just sayin'. Indeed it will have to come to that at some point. Honestly, Dominus, sometimes the way you put things in your posts just make me piss myself laughing.

KM100z, I'm sorry I do not know enough about Atomic Beauty to be of more help to you with the neck seam issue, but based on a few things I've read, I believe you are correct about AB and CBBE being apples and oranges in comparison. One of the things I read was this old thread:  https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4054655-atomic-beauty/page-111#entry43358780 where a question was asked about the neck seam issue. It would appear that adjusting sliders can have an impact on the neck seam. Is this still the case?

it was default AB body setting, so nope I didn't alter any of the sliders :confused: 

2 hours ago, mudhutwarrior said:

I just installed  her and her head is brown.  Any ideas?

could be the black/brown face bug. I usually have that when i have Ida or Valkyr face textures or some make up mods installed. (if you have that, try disabling those mods OR (probably won't  work long and needs repeating) open the console, click on ivy so her ID showy up, then type

disable

and then, right after that

enable

Do not click on anything elsebetween disable and enable or you'll loose her ID

Second trip to Diamond City with Ivy and this happens:

5abaf9bc05bf0_Screenshot(636).thumb.png.22d24021339dba5abf1f85d155386829.png5abaf9cc2543c_Screenshot(637).thumb.png.3514351fd58d77c79cfee41b1a0eb0a1.png5abaf9d5e7159_Screenshot(638).thumb.png.6c206a7bb9b3a25294bfb6fd12dacb9d.png

Your work is just too cool, Reginald. The dialogue is so organic and flows so well with the game mechanics, that you truly are surprised every time Ivy has one of these little treats for you. And this is only one of so many.

Dammit, I love this mod! Always some new surprise round the corner...

14 hours ago, SSJ4GogetaHD said:

where is the voucher i cant find it

Check your quests tab, activate the Redeem Ivy quest and follow your quest arrow. :smile:

The voucher is inside medtek, 3rd floor, all the way in the back room.

In the first post there is a video that shows how you can find it.

12 hours ago, figarodlc said:

Second trip to Diamond City with Ivy and this happens:

<snip>

Your work is just too cool, Reginald. The dialogue is so organic and flows so well with the game mechanics, that you truly are surprised every time Ivy has one of these little treats for you. And this is only one of so many.

Dammit, I love this mod! Always some new surprise round the corner...

Yes.. I had fun making this one. :smile:

Too bad there is only one 'bar' quest for each bar, so only one potential conversation with each bartender.

Did you already witness her talk with Vadim? :tongue:

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

Did you already witness her talk with Vadim? :tongue:

Yes, that was funny as hell! And then today, we were in Southie Speakeasy and she had some more rare lines like "this looks like a great spot to get a drink and meet some sex partners. Do you mind if I do a little trolling?" or something similar. We hadn't cleared the place of all the baddies yet. I was pissing myself laughing. 

19 hours ago, KM100z said:

it was default AB body setting, so nope I didn't alter any of the sliders :confused: 

Okay, did some more reading up on this today. There is a documented issue with AB when using different face skin (or head textures, if you will) than body skin textures.

For example, if you are using Valkyr face and Ida body textures together with Atomic Beauty, it will create a neck seam.

Not sure if your face and body textures are mixed, but this article stated that when this person went all Valkyr textures for both body and face, the neck seam went away.

Not sure if this will help, but still trying to work on a solution for you. 

9 minutes ago, ModHunter42 said:

Love the Science Fiction & Erotica trailers for W.I.V.S.

I don't know The Slime People, or Zat, and I've only seen trailers of the woman without a body, but the others were all fun.

Here's a missing Science Fiction & Erotica trailer you might add...

Barbarella Queen of the Galaxy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062711/videoplayer/vi1265106969?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1

Edited for better link

Hah! I was beginning to wonder why there wasn't any Barbarella on the radio. Totally fits in with the radio's theme. +1

Shit I have I think 20 more trailers I want to put in there, before the next release. :smile:

It is a bitch to add songs to the quest though. For each song added I need to edit the script and quest, so it's finicky... especially with the Creation Kit that bombs out whenever you click some stuff too fast, or too slow... I am starting to recognize patterns in the crashes--and am slowly learning to avoid them (e.g. apply everything, only one dialog open at any time, don't edit objects but create a new one and place that in the level, etc..etc..etc..). I had one crash at which I had not saved for over 50 lines of dialogue, nearly 2 hours of concentrated work in which I simply forgot to save. As I can't really distinguish the wavs, they are still in the voice directory and will remain there as unspoken ghost lines, never to be uttered by Ivy...

Does this mod confer the Lover's Embrace Perk?  My game now gets stuck either on white screen with bed if I sleep on a couch {Sofa Surfer Mod) or in a bed with See You Sleep, both of which worked fine together before Ivy.

I really like Ivy and hope there is a way around this.

14 minutes ago, valc said:

Does this mod confer the Lover's Embrace Perk?  My game now gets stuck either on white screen with bed if I sleep on a couch {Sofa Surfer Mod) or in a bed with See You Sleep, both of which worked fine together before Ivy.

98.9087% of these issues can be solved by finessing load order. Put Ivy above those mods first and see if that solves it. 

^ this number was pulled out of my very own arse. It's probably closer to 99%. Can't be asked to do the maths right now.;)

See You Sleep (and I believe Sofa Surer) conflicts with the PC doing something (almost anything) immediately upon wakeup.

But...

1 hour ago, figarodlc said:

98.9087% of these issues can be solved by finessing load order. Put Ivy above those mods first and see if that solves it.

is still very good advice.

You may get lucky. :smile:

8 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Shit I have I think 20 more trailers I want to put in there, before the next release. :smile:

Great to hear. :smiley:

8 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

It is a bitch to add songs to the quest though. For each song added I need to edit the script and quest, so it's finicky... especially with the Creation Kit that bombs out whenever you click some stuff too fast, or too slow... I am starting to recognize patterns in the crashes--and am slowly learning to avoid them (e.g. apply everything, only one dialog open at any time, don't edit objects but create a new one and place that in the level, etc..etc..etc..). I had one crash at which I had not saved for over 50 lines of dialogue, nearly 2 hours of concentrated work in which I simply forgot to save. As I can't really distinguish the wavs, they are still in the voice directory and will remain there as unspoken ghost lines, never to be uttered by Ivy...

Sad to hear. :frown:         [Could you not sort out the block of them by time stamps?]

But strangely in keeping with Ivy's personality / memory issues.

Hay Reginald, Great Mod!

I like Ivy.

I have 1 comment and 2 questions... (well everything comes in 3s)

Comment: I broke all the rules that you said not to do, and she still works fine!

Question 1: I like her MM hair... can you tell me where is it from.

I got about 50 different stiles, but not that one.

Question 2: This is just info question, In textures dir. you got Character sub/dir.

Normally that gous in actor sub/dir.

Not shure if you done it, or was it a mistake because inside you left txt. note

saying she may not be using it?

Ether way she looks OK, that is why is only info question?

Thanks for great, and interesting companion!

9 hours ago, ModHunter42 said:

See You Sleep (and I believe Sofa Surer) conflicts with the PC doing something (almost anything) immediately upon wakeup.

But...

is still very good advice.

You may get lucky. :smile:

Great to hear. :smiley:

Sad to hear. :frown:         [Could you not sort out the block of them by time stamps?]

But strangely in keeping with Ivy's personality / memory issues.

It's in fact more work to record an empty wav, find and rename the old wavs etc... than it is to simply redo the dialogue. :smile:

7 hours ago, Cci said:

Hay Reginald, Great Mod!

I like Ivy.

I have 1 comment and 2 questions... (well everything comes in 3s)

Comment: I broke all the rules that you said not to do, and she still works fine!

Question 1: I like her MM hair... can you tell me where is it from.

I got about 50 different stiles, but not that one.

Question 2: This is just info question, In textures dir. you got Character sub/dir.

Normally that gous in actor sub/dir.

Not shure if you done it, or was it a mistake because inside you left txt. note

saying she may not be using it?

Ether way she looks OK, that is why is only info question?

Thanks for great, and interesting companion!

Thanks!

Her hairstyle in the shots is called Daisy. It's from KS Hairdos, otherwise known as 'Commonwealth cuts': https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11402/

The texures are there because I was trying to give Ivy her own body.nif file. But it was a can of worms I opened, then closed again, before pointing her back to the normal body. The textures are 100% certain unused and will not be included in the next release.

10 hours ago, valc said:

You instantly are in a romance with her once you pick her up. The mod does not confer the Lover's Embrace Perk, the sleep action together with any companion that is your romantic partner does that, it's a script event which is unrelated to Ivy. I don't use either of those mods so I cannot help you. The functionality is completely standard, just like any other romantic partner.

Place IVY before those mods and try it again.