Die Antwoord meets Skyrim

blender 2018-04-24 14-03-07-09.bmp

HEY GUYS!!! I'M BACK

Sorry i have been absent for a while, real life will do that to ya i suppose. Anyways i'm back and i'm on some next level shit.

I got to meet and hang out with the members of Die Antwoord. they are a South African Rap group and i just fell in love with them and their freaky ZEF life style, so much so in fact that i feel like they should be my newest addition to Skyrim.

most of you probably already know who they are if you have seen the movie Chappie, yes that is who i am referring to.

anyways here is where im at,

THE CONCEPT

i already went to blender and chipped the rust off (go me) i took to it a lot faster than the last time i took a break, back to the point -> the most iconic feature of Yo Landi other than her small size and child like voice is her hair! that seemed like it would be the most challenging so that where i started.

this is what im talking about so you don't have to pop open a new tab

Spoiler

f5197e5c2274b9aec9584e87dfd6d15a.thumb.jpg.374aa65b3c2c242891b6b8ba0dba670c.jpg2afc8e39644a43bc830ec1011bddb0bd.jpg.c463fbe970406d3129aa193058afc9b7.jpgdie-antwoord.jpg.d8a04da5d4cf143f203557f989cd5944.jpg

She is just adorable and the nicest person ever, so like i said i took to blender and started in. after about 2 hrs this is what i have so far

Spoiler

5adfa3eb84d54_blender2018-04-2414-03-56-62.thumb.jpeg.b767e611bf18ff943535c67e94004539.jpeg5adfa40501212_blender2018-04-2414-03-56-61.thumb.jpeg.2e48f83e01689bdd950c259a9db95979.jpeg

Its still in super raw form im sure you guessed, that meshing is not the issue i can get that on point later as i polish.

no i am faced with an entirely different set of issues

The Problem

i have absolutely no idea how to animate hair i know enough about modding that it is a question of rigging to a set of bones that allow movement of a mesh during animations, if i had to guess i would say it is something that can be done with OS but i have no idea if the old Oblivion conformulator needs to be used or what, i may be over thinking this im not sure, thats how lost i am on this.

i just dont want her hair clipping with shoulders or her back when she turns her head or crouches, what i do want is her pony tail to sway back and forth while walking and running maybe even during attack.

if im being 100% honest it seems like the best thing to do is make the mesh than rig it from an existing animated hair but i dont know if i will need extra stuff to do that.

so a step by step in plain english would help a lot. i can credit those who offer useful advice once it is finished.

i need this to be perfect and here is why.

The End Game

this is not just going to be another NPC to play with for a while then uninstall when you need room in your load order, in face i dont care is anyone DLs it at all! i am making it for Yo Landi and Ninja.

i will be sending them a link directly to LoversLab when it is finished and uploaded and who knows LL may be mentioned on their twitter or something anything is possible really

i want to show them that i appreciate the kindness they showed me and the respect they gave me was valued.

this will be a player race and follower

Yo Landi > Player

Ninja  > Follower

and

Ninja > player

Yo Landi > Follower

so it will be 2 .esp files when i am done

Yolandi will be Bosmer and Ninja will be Imperial > templates

so! just to recap i need to know how to make animated hair that will not clip with the player body, and can this be done by using and existing rigged hair FURTHERMORE if so how do i go about doing it, the more detail the better

~~ yes yes the Real Miss Amber is indeed back and i did not forget about my previous projects

xoxo thanks for reading and thank you in advanced for any help you offer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HDT PE should be enough for this.
Make Bones for the hair and forbid collision with Spine 2.
To really work exactly, you have to use a VertexShape for the hair Bones and for Spine 2.
If HDT SMP is not a problem then use HDT SMP. So you do not need your own shape (neither Vertex, Capsule, etc.).
It is generated at runtime by weighting the vertices.

Of course, the hair must not have any Skinn from Spine 2.

Archived