How to remove Pixilated Shadow on character & NPC 100%FIX

i tried every web for this problem & no one mentioned this simple fix, its kinda silly but yah no one said that and still people looking for a fix LOL. (( FOR NOOBS))

first you need to go to Skyrimpref.ini in your mydocuments, if you are using mod orgnizer like me, you must open skyrimprefs.ini from your mod orgnizer profile, example for mine location 

E:\Games\Skyrim - Special Edition\Mod Orgnizer\profiles\(( YOUR MODS PROFILE NAME ))

open it and search for bSAOEnable=1
switch it to 0 so its like this bSAOEnable=0

if you're not using mod orgniser, u can switch it off simply from your skyrim luncher (((I THINK))) its under - Precepitation occlusion

after that make sure to download an ENB with SSAO to replace the one we just turned off

these pictures are before & after fix. SKIN is CLEAN NOW

ScreenShot21.png

ScreenShot20.png

Latest ENB update may help with this.  From Skyrim Re-Engaged ENB:

Version 5.6a

All presets- Updated for ENB.334. Which has better performance and adds in ENB SSAO denoiser setting which helps smooth out AO. Obsidian Preset I also reduced red tones.

To OP, thank YOU so much. I had identified the cause of this problem, it was the game engine drawing shadows from the characters HAIR, primarily. So, I knew what the problem was, but no idea how to turn if off. Problem solved:smile:. That blocky shimmering was beyond irritating. I found it odd, no one else was complaining about the issue either.

However

On 4/20/2018 at 4:02 PM, khumak said:

Latest ENB update may help with this.  From Skyrim Re-Engaged ENB:

Version 5.6a

All presets- Updated for ENB.334. Which has better performance and adds in ENB SSAO denoiser setting which helps smooth out AO. Obsidian Preset I also reduced red tones.

I tired that, unfortunately, that setting does not appear to do anything for the problem. Turning that on, did not remove the pixelated hair shadowing at all. 

On 4/24/2018 at 1:17 PM, Changer said:

bSAOEnable=0  didnt work for me :frown:

Then maybe you are trying to fix a completely different problem that has nothing do with the issue at hand, because the fix for the problem described, works perfectly, and does exactly what OP said it would.

Worked great for me, thanks.  I set bSAOEnable=0 in the ini and I'm using the latest version of Skyrim Re-Engaged ENB with the highest quality preset.  The only tweak I made to it was to turn AGCC on so my night eye would work.

Also for anyone else using the Bijin mods there's a new mod for them that redirects them to simply use whatever body and textures you're own character is using.  So finally no more neck seams and no more restrictions on body textures.  Bodyslide works perfectly as well both nude and armored versions, including physics.

Bijin - Your Bodyslide Mesh and Texture https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16399

One other thing I wanted to mention is that it seems like most of the Female texture packs seem to be designed to make use of SSS.  Since SE doesn't have it, you instead get an ugly shimmering bronzelike line that follows the shadowline on the skin.  If you use a texture pack that has that feature disabled then that's not an issue.  My favorite so far is Demoniac -> SG -> more abs -> sweaty -> SSS disabled.

Hmm - I can see where we are going here, but I set it to 0 and saw no change. I use Rudy for Obsidian with its SAO on. This ENB does give me stippled shadows.

Mind you, I managed to reduce stippled shadows by adjusting this:

fShadowDirectionalBiasScale=0.4700  from the default 0.3000.

I'll reset this and try again. Nope - no change! It must be something else affecting mine.

Thanks anyway for your recommendation!

• 1 month later...

Solved,Thanks very much!

I was persecuted by this issue two days(I had begin play and modding SSE just a few days ago,and I played oldrim a long time ago,so I didn't encounter any other problems),test a lots of mods but nothing work for this,this only issue made me couldn't begin play the game even all other things was ready.

my English is poor,so the upper words maybe has mistakes ,all I want to say is thank you

• 2 months later...

I personally don't turn off AO. I use these settings in my Skyrim.ini to tone it down and smooth it out:

[Display]
fSAOBias=1.0
fSAOExpFactor=0.9
fSAOIntensity=1.0
fSAORadius=235.0
fSAOValueDiffFactor=0.3

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2018 at 9:11 AM, bakarbak said:

i tried every web for this problem & no one mentioned this simple fix, its kinda silly but yah no one said that and still people looking for a fix LOL. (( FOR NOOBS))

first you need to go to Skyrimpref.ini in your mydocuments, if you are using mod orgnizer like me, you must open skyrimprefs.ini from your mod orgnizer profile, example for mine location 

E:\Games\Skyrim - Special Edition\Mod Orgnizer\profiles\(( YOUR MODS PROFILE NAME ))

open it and search for bSAOEnable=1
switch it to 0 so its like this bSAOEnable=0

if you're not using mod orgniser, u can switch it off simply from your skyrim luncher (((I THINK))) its under - Precepitation occlusion

after that make sure to download an ENB with SSAO to replace the one we just turned off

these pictures are before & after fix. SKIN is CLEAN NOW

ScreenShot21.png

ScreenShot20.png

nice , but now every thing but the muff looks washed out....this needs a hotkey :)

On 9/17/2018 at 1:34 AM, Guest said:

I personally don't turn off AO. I use these settings in my Skyrim.ini to tone it down and smooth it out:

[Display]
fSAOBias=1.0
fSAOExpFactor=0.9
fSAOIntensity=1.0
fSAORadius=235.0
fSAOValueDiffFactor=0.3

any idea why this didn't work in my game. zero effect ?

On 4/24/2018 at 4:17 PM, Changer said:

bSAOEnable=0  didnt work for me :frown:

On 4/25/2018 at 8:36 PM, Champis said:

Then maybe you are trying to fix a completely different problem that has nothing do with the issue at hand, because the fix for the problem described, works perfectly, and does exactly what OP said it would.

bSAOEnable=0 got rid of the grid-like stippling, but the shadows still look bad like there are artifacts. Looks really bad in motion rather than a screenshot. I already have shadow resolution set to 2K as well.

Indoors it looks fine though. It's outdoors, like in Whiterun morning where it looks bad.

On 4/30/2018 at 1:08 PM, Bluegunk said:

Hmm - I can see where we are going here, but I set it to 0 and saw no change. I use Rudy for Obsidian with its SAO on. This ENB does give me stippled shadows.

Mind you, I managed to reduce stippled shadows by adjusting this:

fShadowDirectionalBiasScale=0.4700  from the default 0.3000.

I'll reset this and try again. Nope - no change! It must be something else affecting mine.

Thanks anyway for your recommendation!

I also use Obsidian Weathers... I wonder if that's related.

Edit: I noticed the issue seems to be when facing the direction of the sun. Torches and indoor lighting sources do not cause these shadow artifacts (different from the stippling from SAO).

You can set the sao intensity in game simply by using the command 

sao intensity <amount>

I usually like to keep the intensity at around 1 but sometimes it still manages to make some pretty bad shadows on the characters. Turning it off completely just ends up making the whole game too flat specially trees.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:42 PM, Juast said:

Untick everything in here. This will also fix ugly snow particles, grass etc..

Screenshot_5.png

That doesn't get rid of the weird shadow artifacts cast on the character when in an outdoor cell and facing the sun.

It's hard to see in a screenshot since it's more of a motion artifact.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update to this fix. There may be a way you can keep your SASO, your ENB and squash this problem for good.

May or may not work due the infinite amount of fooking around we all do with our INIs and the hundreds of ENBS out there. YMMV. It did however, work beautifully for me, and the world, and my character looks great again. SASO restore to my ENB, and, no artifacts at all.

Requirement: BethINI  

Detail tab > SASO.

Select: SASO-lite 

Other relevant settings

Shadow Resolution 2048

Shadow bias .015

That is all it took. I have SASO, and no shadowstiping, banding, artififacts, not even from her hair. 

Not tested with no ENB and only with one ENB. It does however, work perfectly. The original fix still works as well, but, if you are run an ENB, and Beth INI and dont use this setting, try it.

However, I will add, if set to full SASO, it looks like dogshit. Really it does. Banding and shadow striping is off the charts. Rest of the world doesnt look that great either.

Lite however, strikes a perfect balance between having it off entirely, and fixes the problem that OP created this thread to address.

Also, the advice to turn everything off, shown in the post above, is flat out wrong, and unnecessary. Some should be disabled, yes, but all of them? Hardly.