2 hours ago, rapeme4real said:

I'm brand new to UE4 engine, so I have to ask. how would I go about improving the character Models/Textures? what version of the UE4 engine are you using? and setting wise, is adding an underground area possible?Ā 

I second this.

Ā 

I also wanted to know if it is easily replaceable... I have been a bit daunted with trying to use UE4.

Ā 

Also I thought that UE4 was not open source..... you have to accept some license agreement. But I may be wrong.

How do I build theĀ  project locally?

I did a git pull and then downloaded the Heavy folder into the content folder.

I am using UE 4.19.

I get an error telling me to build from source.... which is what I thought I was doing.

The game uses UE 4.18.Ā 

Because the game is a full C++ project (not a blueprint-onlyĀ project), You'll need Visual Studio (even if this isn't your IDE of choice) and the C++ tools as seen in thisĀ https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Programming/Development/VisualStudioSetupĀ to build from source

UE has its own license agreement but it's compatible with AGPL3 which is what I use. Full source code of Unreal Engine itself is available on their Github, you just need an Epic account, but I doubt you need to modify anything in the engine itself.

Character models are inĀ \Content\Heavy\Characters (the whole Heavy folder is too heavy for my Github, so I uploaded it to Mega, you need to download this manually and add to your clone, the last time I uploaded this Heavy folder was a few versions back, I'm uploading the latest Heavy folder now)

Ā 

Ā 

https://mega.nz/#!cawzBR5R!MPxvtTLkERorIEl2xP9dvfl0hLlej4hKQzfvFiqpcPM

Ps:Ā 

VVV easier option without touching Unreal Engine below

4 hours ago, rapeme4real said:

I'm brand new to UE4 engine, so I have to ask. how would I go about improving the character Models/Textures? what version of the UE4 engine are you using? and setting wise, is adding an underground area possible?Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, a11hai1kotl said:

I second this.

Ā 

I also wanted to know if it is easily replaceable... I have been a bit daunted with trying to use UE4.

Ā 

Also I thought that UE4 was not open source..... you have to accept some license agreement. But I may be wrong.

Or alternatively, if you don't want to bother with Unreal Engine at all.

Here are the raw FBX and png files for the game's character models and textures I just uploaded:

https://mega.nz/#F!VD4X0TjR!GUg5tvoQllUab_oowdCOXw

You can improve these in any way you want using any 3d software of your choice. Then you can send them back to me in the same formats, I can then build these and make them into mods (that any player can justĀ paste into the game folder and overwrite to use) and send back to you for you to publish.

Thank you for your interest in modding the game.

2 hours ago, vinfamy said:

Ā 

Or alternatively, if you don't want to bother with Unreal Engine at all.

Here are the raw FBX and png files for the game's character models and textures I just uploaded:

https://mega.nz/#F!VD4X0TjR!GUg5tvoQllUab_oowdCOXw

You can improve these in any way you want using any 3d software of your choice. Then you can send them back to me in the same formats, I can then build these and make them into mods (that any player can justĀ paste into the game folder and overwrite to use) and send back to you for you to publish.

Thank you for your interest in modding the game.

Thanks a lot for this.

But I think the geometries are a bit messed up.

I can't load the files into 3DS Max, Maya or Paint 3D.

The normals seemed to be messed up.

Ā 

I have attached a model of a futa, which I exported from DAZ 3D, using futalicious and Genesis 8 base. You can just open the FBX file in Paint 3D.

Let me know how that works for you. I can start doing more when I understand what is happening and what is needed.

Ā 

An example of what the rendering looks like using IRAY in DAZ 3D

(VERY BASIC, WITHOUT LIGHTING OPTIMIZATIONS, I am still super new)

ykGM0Pi.jpgRofgtYI.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Let me know after looking at the UE4 files I have attached.

ue4.zip

8 hours ago, a11hai1kotl said:

Let me know after looking at the UE4 files I have attached.

ue4.zip

The FBX files I uploaded are what Unreal Engine requires.Ā 

Ā 

Note also that Daz 3d stuffs do not play nice with Unreal Engine (or any game engines) for that matter. There's a ton of tutorials online to convert them into something usable for a game engine, but by the time this conversion is done, they don't look good anymore ...

Ā 

Daz3d models are really not meant for realtime rendering

Ā 

Import failed on the FBX you uploaded

Ā 

FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'EyeMoisture' was rename 'EyeMoisture_ncl1_1'Ā 

FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Glans' was rename 'Glans_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Shaft' was rename 'Shaft_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Torso_Front' was rename 'Torso_Front_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Torso_Middle' was rename 'Torso_Middle_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Torso_Back' was rename 'Torso_Back_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Rectum' was rename 'Rectum_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Vestibule' was rename 'Roasty_Vestibule_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Main' was rename 'Roasty_Main_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Torso' was rename 'Roasty_Torso_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Vagina' was rename 'Roasty_Vagina_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Main' was rename 'Roasty_Main_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Vestibule' was rename 'Roasty_Vestibule_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Torso' was rename 'Roasty_Torso_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Vagina' was rename 'Roasty_Vagina_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Torso' was rename 'Torso_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Face' was rename 'Face_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Lips' was rename 'Lips_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Teeth' was rename 'Teeth_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Ears' was rename 'Ears_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Legs' was rename 'Legs_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'EyeSocket' was rename 'EyeSocket_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Mouth' was rename 'Mouth_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Arms' was rename 'Arms_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Pupils' was rename 'Pupils_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'EyeMoisture' was rename 'EyeMoisture_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Fingernails' was rename 'Fingernails_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Cornea' was rename 'Cornea_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Irises' was rename 'Irises_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Sclera' was rename 'Sclera_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Toenails' was rename 'Toenails_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: No smoothing group information was found in this FBX scene. Ā Please make sure to enable the 'Export Smoothing Groups' option in the FBX Exporter plug-in before exporting the file. Ā Even for tools that don't support smoothing groups, the FBX Exporter will generate appropriate smoothing data at export-time so that correct vertex normals can
Ā be inferred while importing.Ā 
FBXImport: Error: Error, Could not import Roasty_Genitalia_G8F.Shape.
Duplicate bone name found ('abdomenLower'). Each bone must have a unique name.Ā 
FBXImport: Error: Multiple roots foundĀ 
FBXImport: Warning: Get Import Data has failed.Ā 
FBXImport: Error: Import failed.Ā 
LogAssetTools: Warning: Failed to import '../../../../../Down/ue4/futa_ue4.fbx'. Failed to create asset '/Game/Characters/futa_ue4'.
Please see Output Log for details.

23 hours ago, a11hai1kotl said:

Thanks a lot for this.

But I think the geometries are a bit messed up.

I can't load the files into 3DS Max, Maya or Paint 3D.

The normals seemed to be messed up.

Ā 

I have attached a model of a futa, which I exported from DAZ 3D, using futalicious and Genesis 8 base. You can just open the FBX file in Paint 3D.

Let me know how that works for you. I can start doing more when I understand what is happening and what is needed.

Ā 

An example of what the rendering looks like using IRAY in DAZ 3D

(VERY BASIC, WITHOUT LIGHTING OPTIMIZATIONS, I am still super new)

Ā 

ue4.zip

use Blender for this. even if its a steep learning curve. I'm still rewatching the tutorials for Blender so might be a few days for me to try making some edits. the skeleton though is VERY basic.Ā  :)

On 8/29/2018 at 2:22 AM, vinfamy said:

The FBX files I uploaded are what Unreal Engine requires.Ā 

Ā 

Note also that Daz 3d stuffs do not play nice with Unreal Engine (or any game engines) for that matter. There's a ton of tutorials online to convert them into something usable for a game engine, but by the time this conversion is done, they don't look good anymore ...

Ā 

Daz3d models are really not meant for realtime rendering

Ā 

Import failed on the FBX you uploaded

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'EyeMoisture' was rename 'EyeMoisture_ncl1_1'Ā 

FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Glans' was rename 'Glans_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Shaft' was rename 'Shaft_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Torso_Front' was rename 'Torso_Front_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Torso_Middle' was rename 'Torso_Middle_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Torso_Back' was rename 'Torso_Back_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Rectum' was rename 'Rectum_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Vestibule' was rename 'Roasty_Vestibule_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Main' was rename 'Roasty_Main_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Torso' was rename 'Roasty_Torso_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Vagina' was rename 'Roasty_Vagina_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Main' was rename 'Roasty_Main_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Vestibule' was rename 'Roasty_Vestibule_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Torso' was rename 'Roasty_Torso_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Roasty_Vagina' was rename 'Roasty_Vagina_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Torso' was rename 'Torso_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Face' was rename 'Face_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Lips' was rename 'Lips_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Teeth' was rename 'Teeth_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Ears' was rename 'Ears_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Legs' was rename 'Legs_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'EyeSocket' was rename 'EyeSocket_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Mouth' was rename 'Mouth_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Arms' was rename 'Arms_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Pupils' was rename 'Pupils_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'EyeMoisture' was rename 'EyeMoisture_ncl1_2'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Fingernails' was rename 'Fingernails_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Cornea' was rename 'Cornea_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Irises' was rename 'Irises_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Sclera' was rename 'Sclera_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: FBX Scene Loading: Found material name clash, name clash can be wrongly reassign at reimport , material 'Toenails' was rename 'Toenails_ncl1_1'Ā 
FBXImport: Warning: No smoothing group information was found in this FBX scene. Ā Please make sure to enable the 'Export Smoothing Groups' option in the FBX Exporter plug-in before exporting the file. Ā Even for tools that don't support smoothing groups, the FBX Exporter will generate appropriate smoothing data at export-time so that correct vertex normals can
Ā be inferred while importing.Ā 
FBXImport: Error: Error, Could not import Roasty_Genitalia_G8F.Shape.
Duplicate bone name found ('abdomenLower'). Each bone must have a unique name.Ā 
FBXImport: Error: Multiple roots foundĀ 
FBXImport: Warning: Get Import Data has failed.Ā 
FBXImport: Error: Import failed.Ā 
LogAssetTools: Warning: Failed to import '../../../../../Down/ue4/futa_ue4.fbx'. Failed to create asset '/Game/Characters/futa_ue4'.
Please see Output Log for details.

I have to admit I am super new to this and could not even understand what the hell was this message saying.

It's taken me a good part of two days to figure this out and I've finally managed to cobble up something which can be imported into UE4.

Ā 

This model has less polygons than the base UE4 model so it should be fine for rendering...

Let me know how this works for you.

Ā 

It's great to actually be working on something, I'm learning a fuck ton of stuff, even though it must be trivial for you...

Ā 

futa_ue4.zip

LifePlay v1.10 Released!

110.png

Ā 

Change Log:
- Upgrade the game engine to Unreal Engine 4.20.2, resulting in many performance and stability improvements. Warning: Because of this, you'll need to redownload any additional maps that you use from here. Old saves work fine though.
- Expand the system for jobs in the game to allow for more variety and complexity
- Add the 'University Student' and 'University Lecturer' career paths, along with two new building types: universities and fraternities/sororities
- Start supporting Linux
- Add gender and sexual orientation to the 'NPC Distribution Customization' menu
- Your children can now be named and will grow up (with a Esc > Settings option to speed this up) and become a full NPC once they reach 18
- Vertical camera movement and Freeze button for the character customization menu
- Ensure the action menu doesn't clash with other UI elements
- Completed a few priority requests from my Patreon donors
- Bug fixes and minor improvementsĀ 

Got the full 64 bit, v1.10 releaseĀ (not the upgrade one), but cannot run it. A message pops up telling that "AppleARKit" plugin was not found. I'm running on 64 bit Win10, and have had no problems with any ofĀ the previous versions. Simply installed (extracted) on top of the previous version, as I have always done... No additional maps, or any other mods or plugins apart from what is included in the main package.

AppleARKit.jpg

4 hours ago, Lozarian said:

Got the full 64 bit, v1.10 releaseĀ (not the upgrade one), but cannot run it. A message pops up telling that "AppleARKit" plugin was not found. I'm running on 64 bit Win10, and have had no problems with any ofĀ the previous versions. Simply installed (extracted) on top of the previous version, as I have always done... No additional maps, or any other mods or plugins apart from what is included in the main package.

AppleARKit.jpg

Don't extract on top of the previous version (just copy the Content/Saves folder into the new game folder instead if you want to continue old saves). What you downloaded is already a standalone game. I upgraded the engine for v1.10 - extracting on top of the previous version will screw things up.

1 hour ago, shizzlenizzle said:

It seems that beards are permanent in the last version. Is there any way to remove them?

Do you mean the beards cannot be removed even in the character customization menu (Ctrl + E) ? If so, it's a bug I need to look at.

You can remove it by saving the game into a slot, remember the slot number,Ā 

Then go toĀ D:\LifePlay\Content\Saves\{SaveSlot}\Characters\Player.lpcharacter

find 'HAIR Other: ' until you find your beard, then delete the next 6 lines related to that beard, for example delete this:

HAIR Other: 100% Facial_QuarterBeard_M
HAIR Hair_Thickness Facial_QuarterBeard_M: 100% 0.983019
HAIR Hair_Color_R Facial_QuarterBeard_M: 100% 0.005
HAIR Hair_Color_G Facial_QuarterBeard_M: 100% 0.001
HAIR Hair_Color_B Facial_QuarterBeard_M: 100% 0.0
HAIR Hair_Color_A Facial_QuarterBeard_M: 100% 0.8

Save Player.lpcharacter

Reload the save slot you just saved earlier

Well it seems like the face they are created with as the base face stays there no matter what. So a character that starts out with a beard will always have that beard as the default face, and if I set them to have a beard, they end up with another beard on top of it. There's also no option to set it to "none" that I could find.

Ā 

Let me try to explain step by step to make it clearer

Ā 

1. A character is spawned that has a beard.

2. Hitting randomize hair changes the hair and beard, but the beard present in #1 still remains no matter what.

3. Editing the character via the cheat menu has the same problem with the beard in #1 still remaining, no matter what I click. Clicking on the beard typeĀ  that woudl normally remove it does nothing.

4. If I add a different beard it just overlaps the one in #1.

Ā 

So the hair works as intended, but the beard seems to set itself as the base face, if that makes any sense.

Ā 

It works the same way on all new characters.

Ā 

It's on the 64 bit version with the hotfix, but I may not have installed it correctly, if it's supposed to be installed in a different way than copy paste over.

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, shizzlenizzle said:

Well it seems like the face they are created with as the base face stays there no matter what. So a character that starts out with a beard will always have that beard as the default face, and if I set them to have a beard, they end up with another beard on top of it. There's also no option to set it to "none" that I could find.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the detailed report. I'll fix it in the next version.

For now, use the method described above to get rid of the beard

Plans for v1.11 - ETA: 20 - 23 Sep

In the last poll, 'content' edged it over 'graphics' by only 2 votes. Therefore, to satisfy both sides, I decided to dedicate the next update to around 2/3 content & 1/3 graphics as below.

CONTENT - two-thirds of development hours:

- Add the 'Doctor' and 'Nurse' career paths
- 10 - 15 new maps. From now on, 10-15 new maps will come with each and every release (rather than the current periodic map releases of 30 each) so that most map requesters will never have to wait more than 2 weeks for their maps
- A few gameplay elements to reward the player for exploring the map and visiting new buildings (rather than keeping on doing the same things at the same places within 10 minutes of your home all save)
- Aging reflected in NPC and player's appearance (for long-term saves and 'child growing up' save)
- A few more NTR scenes, including 'forbidden' NTR
- A few more blackmail scenes
- Make the pregnancy body changes available for modding
- Improve the tutorials to make the game friendlier to beginners
- Bug fixes

Ā 

VISUALS - one-third of development hours (as mentioned before, these are 'intermediate' small graphical improvements while we continue waiting for the new character models):

- Improve the game's post processing effects, especially those that make the characters look more realistic
- Experiment and tweak the skin and hair shaders for more realistic characters
- Try to add more details to the skin texture
- Some visual improvements to the UI