17.png

LifePlay v1.7 Released!

- You can now marry your boyfriend/girlfriend
- You can now ask your significant other to move in with you, not just the other way around
- 4 new female hairstyles
- In the Contacts menu, you can now add new NPCs and change NPC's relationship type with you (boss, colleague, bf/gf, spouse, ex, neighbor, etc) 
- Many new functions requested by modders (check the Docs/Modding folder)
- Minor improvements and bug fixes

@Froggy In v1.7, I added the option to undress all quickly during sex scenes

5 hours ago, shizzlenizzle said:

The last version can't be downloaded. Says it has an encryption error on mega.

This is the 64 bit FULL version I assume? Try the reup version on Mega or try a Mediafire link. There were some issues with the Mega server that holds the original file or something

Hey, I recently discovered this game and I really do like it. I mostly play in London and I noticed that I fail to find the store in which I can buy clothing such as shirt, pants, dresses, suits and stuff one can wear. I tried edit the building but it fails to work for me. Maybe I do something wrong. Can somebody tell me what I am missing?

*waves*

Dario

You find a building by type by clicking on the magnifying glass icon to the left of the screen. If you click on the icon between the search text field and the search icon, you can select a building type, and run a search without text. This'll display a list of the buildings of that type.

If you want to change an existing building to be of a particular type, you use the edit action. It's easy to mistake the "cancel button" for an "ok" button there, but it does say "cancel". ;)

It's possible the edit doesn't quite 'take'. I've had this happen once or twice, but if you run the building type search, the building you've edited should come up. First thing I do then, if it's a building of interest, is to mark at as "favorite".

I really love the concept of this game! I've hoped for a decent alternative to The Sims for a long time, and one that has a heavy focus on adult content is a huge bonus. I'll just have to hold out hope that it will be more accessible to me with my visual impairment in a later build. If so, I might even be able to contribute some scenes. I do consider myself at least a halfway decent erotica writer. :)

16 minutes ago, Tilea said:

I do consider myself at least a halfway decent erotica writer.

Halfway decent is better than most. Describing sex is a tricky balancing act.

Could you explain a little how the game could be made more accessible to you?

2 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

Halfway decent is better than most. Describing sex is a tricky balancing act.

Could you explain a little how the game could be made more accessible to you?

To start with, I'll tell you what I did like: The stats list was very easy to read, and for the most part, the rest of the type is, as most of it is a decent size and is light on a dark background.

That said, some parts of the UI are more difficult to read, such as the game menu that comes up with the ESCAPE button, though it isn't impossible. There are also some tooltips when I hover over the portrait and some icons in the lower right of the screen that are very small and have the dark-on-light color scheme. These I can't read.

Probably the biggest thing so far, however, is text that appears and changes on a timer. I assume the text in the top left was kind of a tutorial/help thing, but I had no time to read any of it. I don't know if text during scenes works this way or not, as I couldn't quite figure out the game far enough to get a scene. (At least, if I did get a scene, I didn't notice. lol) Perhaps a togglable option for player-controlled text progression?

These are just some small UI things, though I know even these can be a pain in the ass to change sometimes. I was also struggling with figuring out the game, though maybe having the help text available would have helped me with that a little, so it's very difficult to say at this point.

And thank you for showing an interest. :D If this is something you want to dedicate time to working on (I know I'm in a small demographic here), I would be happy to continue giving feedback.

6 minutes ago, Vyrania K. said:

If this is something you want to dedicate time to working on

I can't be of much use there - it requires skills I don't have atm. I simply asked because knowing what the problem is exactly is usually half the solution.

Like yourself, I'm primarily interested in adding to or improving the content, either to the base game or via mods, andin  helping out with the modding documentation a little - things I like to think I'm decent at. We can't expect even vin to do everything all at once, after all.

9 minutes ago, Vyrania K. said:

I was also struggling with figuring out the game

I've started on a little FAQ for players, but had to put it aside for a while.

I'm copying it to GDocs so people who're unfamiliar with Git can more easily add questions or answers to it.

Perhaps if we can all pool what should be on there, we can have a better document by the next release.

Ah, sorry! When you asked, I made some assumptions. :)

Well, in any case, I'd be happy to help out the developer, though I know they probably have a ton on their plate already. I figure that since I have time on my hands, I can try to get a little more involved with these games I'd love to play but can't.

So, yeah, I'd be glad to get involved with writing and with ease-of-access issues. I'd also love to be able to help with coding, but every time i try to get back into that, i get daunted by having to pick up a new language and API.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:22 AM, vinfamy said:

17.png

LifePlay v1.7 Released!

- You can now marry your boyfriend/girlfriend
- You can now ask your significant other to move in with you, not just the other way around
- 4 new female hairstyles
- In the Contacts menu, you can now add new NPCs and change NPC's relationship type with you (boss, colleague, bf/gf, spouse, ex, neighbor, etc) 
- Many new functions requested by modders (check the Docs/Modding folder)
- Minor improvements and bug fixes

@Froggy In v1.7, I added the option to undress all quickly during sex scenes

Thank you for the updates.  

I tried this out, but I could not get past the character creator. Not because of glitch or bug, but there are too many sliders and I found it impossible to make a petite lady. I really wanted to give a fair shot, but this drove me crazy. Might I recommend you introduce some presets in the character creator in terms of body sizes and as well as parts. It is so overwhelming when you get character creator. Maybe not have all slider visible as soon as you get there.

Just curious if other people were able to make petite characters?

7 minutes ago, treehuger90 said:

Might I recommend you introduce some presets in the character creator

You can actually load up (and save) certain presets by pressing one of the buttons to the top left of the screen in chargen. I'm not sure what is or isn't available in terms of 'petite', but I'm sure it should be possible to create such a character. There are indeed many sliders and it can be confusing to some.

It's a common comment for people to have, and not everybody's very visually oriented, so the only useful thing I can suggest is that people good with sliders make presets as mods. Presets also don't have to be an entire character: some could focus on faces, others on variations of a body type, others on stats. All the player then has to do is load up such presets, merging them as they do so. There is a little more information about it in the revised Docs/Modding folder on the Git, under 'FullGuides'.

12 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

You can actually load up (and save) certain presets by pressing one of the buttons to the top left of the screen in chargen. I'm not sure what is or isn't available in terms of 'petite', but I'm sure it should be possible to create such a character. There are indeed many sliders and it can be confusing to some.

It's a common comment for people to have, and not everybody's very visually oriented, so the only useful thing I can suggest is that people good with sliders make presets as mods. Presets also don't have to be an entire character: some could focus on faces, others on variations of a body type, others on stats. All the player then has to do is load up such presets, merging them as they do so. There is a little more information about it in the revised Docs/Modding folder on the Git, under 'FullGuides'.

Thanks, I will look into your suggestion and report what I feel.

2 hours ago, Buddy16 said:

I just found this game and I'm a bit confused now what is the difference between the lifeplay file and the heavy file?

Don't worry about the Heavy file, it's just the rest of the game development files that are too heavy for Github. Only potential indie developers that want to use LifePlay as a framework need to worry about that.

Hi! I just became interested in this project a little while back, and wanted to let you know of a bug I found, sorry in advance if this has already been made known, but, when customizing a male character, certain sliders appear to make either a black pyramid(non-toon shading) or a beige pyramid(toon shading) appear around the lip area, after monkeying around I also found that it is possible to make an additional pyramid form from around the nose area. Hope this helps, and good luck with the game! 

LifePlay v1.8 Released!

18.png

- Added a system for NPC-NPC relationships. One NPC can now be another NPC's spouse/boss/relative/etc - there are now scenes where the NPCs will introduce you to their related NPCs
- Added an optional Netori module, where you're the bull in a cuckolding. This uses the NPC-NPC system above a lot, as you can bang your boss's daughter, your brother's girlfriend, etc
- Added 6 masturbation animations
- Added 4 shower animations
- Added a menu to allow the player to customize the distribution of body shapes among newly generated NPCs (Esc > Body Shape Distribution) so if you want to live in 'Beefcakeville' or 'Modelshire', you can.
- Added a 'Body changes based on stat' setting (Esc > Settings), which will change your character's bodyshape gradually based on the fitness and muscle stats. You can test this easily by typing "TEST_bodychange" in the ~# console.
- Pregnancy events should now all trigger correctly
- Added the 'Pregnancy Notifications' (Esc > Settings) cheat setting to give the player more info on whether and why a character is impregnated and then to give updates on the current pregnancies.
- Added a 'Quick Dress' button to the right mouse click menu to auto-select clothes from your inventory and dress you according to the current building you're in
- You can now delete an NPC entirely in the Contacts menu
- Some incest peeping scenes will allow you to join in if the incest tension stat is high enough
- Some subtle incest scenes are now phased out when the incest stat is high
- Minor bug fixes and improvements

2 hours ago, vicky234 said:

Does anyone know how to build/compile it from github? Or am i just have to wait for an update? 

I'm asking because it appears that the github version is in constant update. And because i don't know how to use git. 

Thank you in advance. 

You will need to clone it to your PC then download the Heavy file from Mega as well. Then you would need to install Unreal Engine and Visual Studio. You should be able to find instructions on the Unreal Engine website.

However, I'm not sure it's really worth the effort. I'm releasing a new version to the public every 2-3 weeks anyway.