IGNORED

Walk Speed Tweak?

Hey there.

So I've been searching all over for a way to increase JUST the walking speed.  I've tried a few mods, but they tend to either not do enough or just increase the speedmult.

I created my own tweak in FO4Edit, but changing the Movement Type > Player_Default_MT > SPED - Movement Data for "Walk - Forward" etc doesn't seem to do anything.  Which is very confusing.  At default it is 92.  I set it all the way up to 300 and no change in game.  I changed all the Player_xxx and NPC_xxx entries under Movement Data and it appears to do nothing.  I'm confused.  The mod Realistic Movement Speed changes these exact settings and seems to work...

Does anyone know EXACTLY what I need to change to increase ONLY walking speed? 

Thank you kindly.

FO4 Move Speed.png

Not yet, but SkyTweak allows you to adjust speedmult, so all movement become faster.  I like the slower running speeds of this mod, but I can't for the life of me figure out why making walk speed 200 does nothing in game.  my character should be speedwalking.

Player.modav speedmult <value>

This is the console command that will modify the value of speedmult by however much you put in the command. The default speedmult is 100. So using "modav speedmult 15" will change it to 115. Alternatively, using "modav speedmult -15" will change it down to 85.

If you're ever unsure of its current value, you can always use:

Player.getav speedmult

There are 2 mods that do what you want:

- increased walking speed: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18404

adds a new item in the game that increases your walking speed between 20 to 40% when equiped

- arbitration: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2037

does a whole bunch of stuff to rebalance the game but each is in separate plugin and you can choose what you want to install via a fomod installer, so just pick increased walk speed and voila

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, walking speed has been something I've been thinking about in both fallout 4 and new vegas.  In real life, we never would see soldiers running backwards across a battlefield firing wildly.  A slower backpedal speed would mean that there would actually be a good reason to switch to a melee weapon that was capable of blocking an ememy who had closed to melee with the player.  When running backwards is available, there's less need to worry about parrying. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2018 at 2:05 AM, Halstrom said:

Just add an effect for movement increase with a condition for player is not running and player is not sprinting

sorry bout necroing this, but is this condition and effect what was done in the two mods posted (increased walking speed & arbitration)?

i'll have to have a look at the mods in CK but i don't know that much about using CK so i don't know if i'll figure it out. 

asking because arbitration seems too hella unstable (bugs and such) to use, and IWS adds a sprint speed for a second when moving from walking to jogging which is very disconcerting, and i'd really like to increase the walking speed without any negative side-effects (like the IWS sprint speed).

it bugs me to no end that i have to explore the map between moving like a turtle and moving like a cheetah.

I've never used either of those mods.
As far as I recall the best way is to create a magic effect that changes the speed multiplier on those conditions, add it to a spell and then add that spell to an item and wear it.
I haven't poked with that for years though.

2 hours ago, Halstrom said:

I've never used either of those mods.
As far as I recall the best way is to create a magic effect that changes the speed multiplier on those conditions, add it to a spell and then add that spell to an item and wear it.
I haven't poked with that for years though.

alright, thanks

• 5 weeks later...