Sexlab Aroused Redux SSE Version 29

Maybe I'm just not understanding the mod mechanics, but I'm completely stumped as to how to get my character and my follower's arousal levels to gradually increase around one another. In fact, I can't get my character's arousal level up AT ALL. I'm level 20 and she hasn't so much as broke a sweat. I've tried playing around with the settings, but nothing is helping. The best I have been able to accomplish is to increase her arousal level by riding a horse, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do that all the time.

So maybe I should back up a bit and explain my mod setup. I have "Brynjolf Has Time For You" installed, and have increased my relationship status to 3/Ally with him through that mod. Finally got to the point in the mod where I can recruit him as a follower. I have Sexlab Aroused and Eager NPCs. The SLEN options also don't appear to be increasing my relationship status beyond 3/Ally (though I suspect I'll have to take that up with the good folks over in the Eager NPCs thread). No matter how long we travel together, neither my character or Brynjolf's arousal level increases. Oddly enough, according to Sexlab Aroused, other NPCs in the area seem to be getting aroused just fine. Like, wtf?

I don't understand exposure rates. My character and Bryn have been exposed to one another through traveling together, so shouldn't that gradually make their arousal levels go up? Or am I completely misunderstanding what "exposure rate" is referring to?

My immersion/roleplay experience is 100% set on building up a gradual relationship with Bryn, so not having either of them get aroused when they're exposed to one another is irritating. I didn't seem to have this issue prior to the latest update to Skyrim--they were horny for each other all the freaking time. Killed a bear? Horny. Cuddled in the tent? Horny. Breathed in one another's general direction? You get the idea. The only other differences I can think of is that I was using a different mod, "Friendly Brynjolf," instead of "Brynjolf Has Time For You." I also added Nether's Follower Framework and 3BA. Could any of these mods be conflicting? (EDIT: Another difference I just remembered is that previously I was using Sexlab Romance, but I figured out that it was conflicting with Eager NPCs, so I scrapped it. Could that be part of the issue?)

I know there are mods where I can manually set arousal levels, relationship level, etc. I don't want to have to resort to that. If I can get them to wanna bone one another through immersive gameplay and gradual relationship building, then I'll be getting exactly what I want. So, any help in making this happen will be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry for the long post, I'm just trying to give as much info as I can to make it easier to troubleshoot. Please let me know if I need to provide any more info.)

Edited by Narifia
2 hours ago, Narifia said:

Maybe I'm just not understanding the mod mechanics, but I'm completely stumped as to how to get my character and my follower's arousal levels to gradually increase around one another. In fact, I can't get my character's arousal level up AT ALL. I'm level 20 and she hasn't so much as broke a sweat. I've tried playing around with the settings, but nothing is helping. The best I have been able to accomplish is to increase her arousal level by riding a horse, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do that all the time.

So maybe I should back up a bit and explain my mod setup. I have "Brynjolf Has Time For You" installed, and have increased my relationship status to 3/Ally with him through that mod. Finally got to the point in the mod where I can recruit him as a follower. I have Sexlab Aroused and Eager NPCs. The SLEN options also don't appear to be increasing my relationship status beyond 3/Ally (though I suspect I'll have to take that up with the good folks over in the Eager NPCs thread). No matter how long we travel together, neither my character or Brynjolf's arousal level increases. Oddly enough, according to Sexlab Aroused, other NPCs in the area seem to be getting aroused just fine. Like, wtf?

I don't understand exposure rates. My character and Bryn have been exposed to one another through traveling together, so shouldn't that gradually make their arousal levels go up? Or am I completely misunderstanding what "exposure rate" is referring to?

My immersion/roleplay experience is 100% set on building up a gradual relationship with Bryn, so not having either of them get aroused when they're exposed to one another is irritating. I didn't seem to have this issue prior to the latest update to Skyrim--they were horny for each other all the freaking time. Killed a bear? Horny. Cuddled in the tent? Horny. Breathed in one another's general direction? You get the idea. The only other differences I can think of is that I was using a different mod, "Friendly Brynjolf," instead of "Brynjolf Has Time For You." I also added Nether's Follower Framework and 3BA. Could any of these mods be conflicting? (EDIT: Another difference I just remembered is that previously I was using Sexlab Romance, but I figured out that it was conflicting with Eager NPCs, so I scrapped it. Could that be part of the issue?)

I know there are mods where I can manually set arousal levels, relationship level, etc. I don't want to have to resort to that. If I can get them to wanna bone one another through immersive gameplay and gradual relationship building, then I'll be getting exactly what I want. So, any help in making this happen will be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry for the long post, I'm just trying to give as much info as I can to make it easier to troubleshoot. Please let me know if I need to provide any more info.)

Characters get aroused when they see sex, other naked players or they are nude themselves and are an exhibitionist.

1 hour ago, fishburger67 said:

Characters get aroused when they see sex, other naked players or they are nude themselves and are an exhibitionist.

Thanks for your response! My only question is, how were they getting so aroused in my previous playthrough with none of that happening? I swear the only thing I had to do was get them to spend time with each other, traveling and fighting bears and shit. Could another mod have been influencing things that I maybe forgot I had been using?

EDIT: And, I still don't understand the exposure rate and time rate settings. Like, what are the settings that will get my character/NPCs to max arousal the fastest? I assumed that higher numbers meant faster results, but am I way off base here?

Sorry for the noob questions, and thanks so much for taking the time to answer.

Edited by Narifia
38 minutes ago, Narifia said:

Thanks for your response! My only question is, how were they getting so aroused in my previous playthrough with none of that happening? I swear the only thing I had to do was get them to spend time with each other, traveling and fighting bears and shit. Could another mod have been influencing things that I maybe forgot I had been using?

EDIT: And, I still don't understand the exposure rate and time rate settings. Like, what are the settings that will get my character/NPCs to max arousal the fastest? I assumed that higher numbers meant faster results, but am I way off base here?

Sorry for the noob questions, and thanks so much for taking the time to answer.

No idea about your previous playthrough.  Exposure and all that are explained fully with the math on the main page.

2 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

No idea about your previous playthrough.  Exposure and all that are explained fully with the math on the main page.

Sorry, I should have clarified that I read the main page, and it still confuses me. I have legit ADHD/learning disabilities and math is not my strong suit. What I want to know, simply put, is: Do higher numbers increase arousal, or do I need to stick to lower numbers in my settings? That's all.

6 minutes ago, Narifia said:

Sorry, I should have clarified that I read the main page, and it still confuses me. I have legit ADHD/learning disabilities and math is not my strong suit. What I want to know, simply put, is: Do higher numbers increase arousal, or do I need to stick to lower numbers in my settings? That's all.

Lower numbers = lower arousal.  The defaults should work for most unless you have mods with LOTS of naked people around

Is it intended for my character to always be wearing a black lingerie set when she strips? As soon as any chest armour is removed, this random lingerie appearance gets applied.

Running version 29 on AE (Skyrim version 1.6.342.0) if that helps.

1 hour ago, Zyxxas said:

Is it intended for my character to always be wearing a black lingerie set when she strips? As soon as any chest armour is removed, this random lingerie appearance gets applied.

Running version 29 on AE (Skyrim version 1.6.342.0) if that helps.

Nothing to do with this mod.

8 minutes ago, AgentFroggy said:

Since the AE update, I've run into an issue where having this mod enabled seems to overwrite or otherwise remove the MCM menu for MME (Milk Mod Economy).
MME still works, but I can't access the settings for it. (everything seems to be working fine otherwise.)

Let me know what you do to fix it. 

I haven't found a fix yet, but it seems to not be solely based on this mod. If I run just MME and SLA and their required mods, both show up.
But when I have my full mod order active, SLA and MME menus seem to be mutually exclusive. It's probably just MCM being fussy at this point. If I ever figure it out I'll post an update.

guys. i need help.
so i found some of creature animation is broken. frost athronach doesn't move. the rabbit still alive when i kill it and i can't loot them. some bandit also can't be killed but i guess this issue was from another mod.

can somebody tell me how to fix it? i tried to uninstall it but thats make my save game corrupted.

i have creature framework and fnis creature pack installed. also run fnis everytime i install mod that contain animation.
sorry for my bad english but i hope everyone can understand what im i saying.

6 hours ago, An15 said:

guys. i need help.
so i found some of creature animation is broken. frost athronach doesn't move. the rabbit still alive when i kill it and i can't loot them. some bandit also can't be killed but i guess this issue was from another mod.

can somebody tell me how to fix it? i tried to uninstall it but thats make my save game corrupted.

i have creature framework and fnis creature pack installed. also run fnis everytime i install mod that contain animation.
sorry for my bad english but i hope everyone can understand what im i saying.

This mod has nothing to do with any of your questions.

2 minutes ago, DiscipleDarkfriend said:

Hail oh awesome fishburger67, Let me start off by saying your mod is one of my favorite as someone who has been modding Skyrim since release I love the interactions with my party. :P I was wondering if you had considered switching/offering to a SPID version as this would make the mods impact near 0 on the engine. 

Can you please not use abbreviations?  I do not have your extensive mod experience and no idea what a spid is.

Also, the impact is already close to zero if you keep the sample time low and it will never be zero because making external calls (outside your own pex file) takes time even though the the impact in the C++ code would be closer to zero.  AND, I am already making calls to store information about NPCs in Ashals PapyrusUtil.dll.  Unless this mod you refer to does all the calculations I do, I don't see how it could be very helpful.

9 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

Can you please not use abbreviations?  I do not have your extensive mod experience and no idea what a spid is.

Also, the impact is already close to zero if you keep the sample time low and it will never be zero because making external calls (outside your own pex file) takes time even though the the impact in the C++ code would be closer to zero.  AND, I am already making calls to store information about NPCs in Ashals PapyrusUtil.dll.  Unless this mod you refer to does all the calculations I do, I don't see how it could be very helpful.

My apologies. I love you no offense intended. Spell Perk Item Distributor (SPID) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36869 it offers an alternative to using cloaks among other things. Making impact near to nothing as the traits are added to the npc base. Thanks to SSE fixes they persist even through death and respawn. It is an option that can allow many mods that previously used cloaks to no long bottleneck the engine. Mods such as Wet & Cold, Footprints, Enhanced Blood Textures and even Schlongs of Skyrim now have SPID versions. There is a noticeable difference in performance. I am sorry if I assumed as I have not played in a long time and just came back, I spend too much time researching this stuff, I admit. But just want to be helpful to you and the community. <3 

1 hour ago, DiscipleDarkfriend said:

My apologies. I love you no offense intended. Spell Perk Item Distributor (SPID) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36869 it offers an alternative to using cloaks among other things. Making impact near to nothing as the traits are added to the npc base. Thanks to SSE fixes they persist even through death and respawn. It is an option that can allow many mods that previously used cloaks to no long bottleneck the engine. Mods such as Wet & Cold, Footprints, Enhanced Blood Textures and even Schlongs of Skyrim now have SPID versions. There is a noticeable difference in performance. I am sorry if I assumed as I have not played in a long time and just came back, I spend too much time researching this stuff, I admit. But just want to be helpful to you and the community. ❤️

We haven't used cloaks for a VERY long time (a decade maybe).  We are using PapyrusUtil to store the traits you mention which uses SKSE and I suspect provides exactly the same services as the link you provided.

Wet and Cold (even the latest version) and Footprints (don't know about the blood textures) may use this newer version but I have had multiple complaints of these two mods crashing a load order, so beware before installing them.

No problem BTW, all is good.

15 minutes ago, fishburger67 said:

We haven't used cloaks for a VERY long time (a decade maybe).  We are using PapyrusUtil to store the traits you mention which uses SKSE and I suspect provides exactly the same services as the link you provided.

Wet and Cold (even the latest version) and Footprints (don't know about the blood textures) may use this newer version but I have had multiple complaints of these two mods crashing a load order, so beware before installing them.

No problem BTW, all is good.

Wet & Cold as well as Footprints have now been made stable by SPID, I am glad to hear of the updated usage on Aroused makes me feel much better, It is a must have for me. I really do appreciate you and your work brother, thank you. :)

8 minutes ago, DiscipleDarkfriend said:

Wet & Cold as well as Footprints have now been made stable by SPID, I am glad to hear of the updated usage on Aroused makes me feel much better, It is a must have for me. I really do appreciate you and your work brother, thank you. :)

Wet and Cold and Footprints may be stable now, but users are reporting to me (as of yesterday) that they are causing CTDs in heavily loaded systems.  Removing one or both fixes their problems.  Some report to me that they cannot play the civil war Whiterun attack with them running. 

I have no idea of the modding skill of the reporters, but these reports still give me pause.