Malware removal software

55 minutes ago, heroine sugarsnatch said:

when you install malware removal software on your computer, is that something that will run all the time? I'm curious as to if it's going to bog my computer down while jamming out on video games. Any good recommendations for malware removal software?

You don't need to leave it running all the time.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/lp/sem/ca/?gclid=CjwKCAjws6jVBRBZEiwAkIfZ2uCElPpTMBPRb-Puhda4eXRpg6Vavodd_9xXsQ9ZBpyYRrUPQtgKCxoCmTcQAvD_BwE

With most maleware removers you should be able to set up when you want it to run. Once a day once a week once a month and you can also manually run them yourself if you want but I don't think they run all the time unless it comes packaged with other things like preventing unknown things from connecting to the computer and other protection stuff.

Malwarebytes is one of the best free ones out there to use.

I did the Malwarebytes, it removed a fair amount of files and folders from my computer, was able to set schedule as well.  

I am still concerned after running malwarebytes.  i'm on window OS,  when i check my CPU Background, applications that run at startup. I have something called DelayPluginI.exe. In addition to reading that malware will mask itself as that exe file sometimes, when I'm looking at my CPU Background, it gives a file location for it, and i can't find it there when i look, outside of seeing when i check my CPU Background i simply can not find that exe anywhere on my computer and it bothers me. I tried looking where it was indicated to be, I tried search feature for windows, all programs and files. I have actually searched physically in most places as well. why can't i find the DelayPluginI.exe outside of my CPU Background.  For CPU Background i hit,windows key + R, on desktop, typed msconfig and clicked start up. Is this something that is supposed to be incognito, or what. 

On 3/15/2018 at 7:58 PM, heroine sugarsnatch said:

I did the Malwarebytes, it removed a fair amount of files and folders from my computer, was able to set schedule as well.  

I am still concerned after running malwarebytes.  i'm on window OS,  when i check my CPU Background, applications that run at startup. I have something called DelayPluginI.exe. In addition to reading that malware will mask itself as that exe file sometimes, when I'm looking at my CPU Background, it gives a file location for it, and i can't find it there when i look, outside of seeing when i check my CPU Background i simply can not find that exe anywhere on my computer and it bothers me. I tried looking where it was indicated to be, I tried search feature for windows, all programs and files. I have actually searched physically in most places as well. why can't i find the DelayPluginI.exe outside of my CPU Background.  For CPU Background i hit,windows key + R, on desktop, typed msconfig and clicked start up. Is this something that is supposed to be incognito, or what. 

Sometimes certain files/folders/applications are hidden in Windows due to these kind of files are not supposed to be tempered with by a casual user. However you can unhide all of the hidden ones if you follow THIS (For W7)

The first 3 steps should be enough, but if not, include the 4 as well if the box is ticked. 

And a quick search about the DelayPluginI.exe showed this: DelayPluginI.exe which seems to be part of something called Wondershare Utilities. By experience I know these files are harmless, because I once had a similar file from them when I played around with one of their video converter tools for PC. Although the file is harmless, (it seems to record your key and mouse movements) it's annoying knowing it's there and if I remember correctly can't really be removed by just deleting it because it will return later and wont be removed when you uninstall the software it came with, using the normal uninstall procedure. 

There is two ways you can solve it tho. The first step and the easiest way and if the software itself is no longer present on your computer:

Option One:

Re-boot windows in "safe mode" and locate the file and delete it. Re-boot windows once again but now in normal mode, and the file is now gone forever.

Just don't forget to make files visible and to also make files extensions visible as well first so you can find it.

Option two: (only if the software is still present on your computer)

If you manage to make files visible and can see the DelayPluginI.exe, delete it and then right click anywhere in that folder and pick "new" and then pick "Text Document" (obs, file extensions must be enabled as well).

Name the text document to DelayPluginI.exe and press enter. You pc will say something mumbo jumbo just click yes. Right click on the file you just created and pick "properties" and in the next window tick the option "Read Only" and press okay.

(check my attachments below in the spoiler if you are unsure of this step)

The reason for this is that you might not want to uninstall the software itself because you actually use the software where this file comes from, but it's completely impossible for windows to have two files with the exact same name in the same folder.

So every time you use the software, the software will check for this file and if you just keep deleting it, the software will just create a new one. But if you do it this way, the software will not be able to create a new file due to file already exists (i.e the fake one)

DelayP01.jpg

DelayP02.jpg

DelayP03.jpg

DelayP04.jpg

On 3/15/2018 at 1:58 PM, heroine sugarsnatch said:

You can try asking that on the Malware Bytes forum. 

Malware Bytes Official Forum

For some real hard to get Malware, they often recommend for people to use a small and free utility called FRST. (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool)

It doesnt need to be installed and its scan is very quick.

FRST

You will probably need the help of FRST, if Malware Bytes cant get rid of your DelayPluginI.exe.

I did some Googling on it. It seems to be a part of a program called Wondershare Utilities, which seems to be related to PC and phone data recovery. Its probably a safe file. Its possible you or someone with access to your PC has installed it in the past and this file happened to not uninstall properly also.

Wondershare and iSkysoft are both product-based companies that create software utilities for video editing, media conversion, PDF editing, data recovery, smartphone data management, etc ...

16 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

For some real hard to get Malware, they often recommend for people to use a small and free utility called FRST. (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool)

It doesnt need to be installed and its scan is very quick.

FRST

I would recommend this one for advanced users only, otherwise by using it you'll need help from experts to get rid of harmful/malwares/potencially unwanted programs.

FRST Tutorial - How to use Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

As I am curious by nature and I like to know what is good for others - as well as for me, in all domains, and especially at the computer level, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that DelayPluginI.exe is not a Windows system file. It is a Verisign signed file. DelayPluginI.exe is able to record keyboard and mouse inputs and monitor applications and it is loaded at the OS startup.

Some malware camouflages itself as DelayPluginI.exe, particularly when located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder. Therefore, you should check the DelayPluginI.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat coming from a malicious variant.

For more informations about the file itself: Freefixer.com, Should I Block It?

To know what a file does in a system is one thing, but to know from where it comes is another important task, I let you browse these links to give you some informations on this topic:

Speaking with spammers

The Best PDF Viewer/Editor for Mac

Warning - Do NOT install or buy any Wondershare products.

Wondershare

Appreciate the feedback. Idk if my system freaked out when I installed malware bytes and Avast on top of trend micro, can't get online, had to find password for LL to be able to reply via phone. Hoping I get another WiFi picker upper and problems will be behind. Just wanted to say thanks for taken time to reply with good info

9 hours ago, heroine sugarsnatch said:

Appreciate the feedback. Idk if my system freaked out when I installed malware bytes and Avast on top of trend micro, can't get online, had to find password for LL to be able to reply via phone. Hoping I get another WiFi picker upper and problems will be behind. Just wanted to say thanks for taken time to reply with good info

Concerning Antivirus Software:

It is not recommended to install multiple antivirus programs on a single system configuration because they can conflict and interfere with each other. You'd be better to make a choice between Avast and Trend Micro, when comparing how much do they impact computer performance and how good are their infections detection level.

Best Antivirus Software and Apps 2018

Windows Defender, McAfee Antivirus Move Up in Rankings

Comparison of antivirus software

If you really want to discuss antivirus and other security products in more detail then the Wilders Security Forums is an excellent resource to do so as they support and discuss many products.

Concerning Malwarebytes:

1. Free version:

The FREE Malwarebytes is fine to use with Avast, don't use the new Premium with Active Protection as it's now an all in one protection suite, that will conflict with Avast and some premium Antivirus Suites. The FREE version only analyzes your computer when you ask it. It does not offer real-time protection and will not conflict with your existing antivirus. In this case, you have nothing to configure.

2. Premium version:

If you use the Premium version of Malwarebytes, you have permanent protection. Malwarebytes then runs in the background of your computer and scans the files used to block the threats. The problem is that your antivirus works the same way. These 2 programs can interfere with each other, neutralize each other during the detection of an undesirable, slow down your computer or even cause crashes.

To avoid these conflicts and improve performance, you must define exclusions, both in Malwarebytes and in your antivirus software. Malwarebytes then will not interfere with what your antivirus does and vice versa.

3. Premium Trial version:

The Premium Trial expires and ends the Active Protection module, but will still function as an on demand scanner. If you want to, you can deactivate the Premium Trial at any time:

Deactivate Malwarebytes for Windows Premium Trial

Don't forget about good, solid backups of your data to an external drive that is not connected except when backing up your data. Nothing is 100% bulletproof but with a little bit of education you can certainly swing things in your favor.

Archived