A7 - Romance & Sex Framework Development Thread

oel-za

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The code part isn't really the problem. Though, it is also a pain to follow what order the various commands need to be in to mount and dismount players. (Look at the source for this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21899/ )

The problem for me is that there are a lot of non-code updates that need to be made in the CK. (Look at the same above mod with FO4Edit). There have to be mount points on the actor. This means that it would probably break the ability to work with existing body mods or at least create a new dependency on a key file. There are a bunch of other areas that need updating because there is an involved system for handling entering and exiting mounts, setting conditions for allowing the mounting and so on. I did try to do all of this and somewhere along that long chain of requirements, something was off and it failed.

Eventually, I decided that it wasn't worth further effort because the only advantage was that it would use the game engine to prevent characters from running animations where they start clipping through objects. But, for what I wanted to do (run animations on furniture) that would be an obstacle rather than a benefit. With that I would need to turn the whole thing into a more complex process where characters mount actors and then the main actor snaps to a furniture separately. It adds a lot of things to manage in the code when I already found a solution that is more simple, direct and works the same for both open area and furniture animations.

If someone who knows how can make a detailed guide that outlines all of the steps required for the actor mount approach, I would consider giving it another test. But, the more I think about it, the more problematic it seems to be with a framework designed to easily scale and add new animations (you would have to add every new enter/exit mount animation in the CK, have it's settings correct there and then generate animTextData with a command line usage of creationkit.exe that many people don't know about. How many animators are going to do that?)

Looks like even they hit a snag, no update since April, with planned features.

Your system works, so I will leave it at that. Might be better in the long run, without having to generate attachments that weren't meant to be there. Thank you for sharing your experience on the subject.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, SkyAddiction said:

It's already been released as an alpha project. If you know anyone who's been interested in building animations for FO4, point them here.

To clarify, that link is to the AAF framework. This thread is about oel-za's A7 project outlined in the OP.

There is a lot of over-lap in features between oel-za's ideas and AAF. So, it is possible that AAF could help complete oel-za's goals.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, directko said:

Hi, where i can get this mod and if it compatible with AAF?

thanks and best regards

This mod is still WIP. I don't know if OP is still working on it, but they have logged in recently (some time in October). That being said, the last activity by them was on March 27 (2018), so the chances are high that this mod is abandoned. Thankfully, there is a small piece of the mod for download (equip able tounges) available on the second post, right at the bottom (its a link that ends in .7z).

• 3 months later...

Archived